• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

more like:

You: quick-pick Galio
Someone else: plz swap so i can use pfe
You: Huh?
Someone else: ok i feed

So true.

I love jumping into champions I don't know anything about and learning as I go.

I knew what Singed has and what you are supposed to do with him, but being thrown into a game playing him and not thinking about builds or anything..just playing, like when I was level 1, and we never did baron, or everyone took ghost, or when I thought the jungle was useless.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So true.

I love jumping into champions I don't know anything about and learning as I go.

I knew what Singed has and what you are supposed to do with him, but being thrown into a game playing him and not thinking about builds or anything..just playing, like when I was level 1, and we never did baron, or everyone took ghost, or when I thought the jungle was useless.
I'd rather just look up a guide in two seconds and not get frustrated that I can't do anything because I leveled up the wrong skill.

scy

I'd rather just look up a guide in two seconds and not get frustrated that I can't do anything because I leveled up the wrong skill.

I use bot games to adjust my hit ranges and such and Dominion to get a feel for how I adjust to item builds.

...well, that and guides. Lots of guides.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I still get outclassed a lot in the AD Carry department. By the time i had 190cs and finished IE, phantom dancer, the enemy graves had like 300 cs and had his IE, PD, blood thirster and last whisper all finished. And he had 20 kills by the end while I had like 4.

He just jumped in and killed people while if I even attempted to attack someone during a teamfight they would just turn around and kill me in 2 seconds.

I'd ask who you lane partners and junglers were to get a better handle on things.

CS like that is hard but you can check the thread I had kogmaw outclass me in every way possible and I took a win off his team due to smarts and some luck.

The kills matters but so do assists. My shots prove it on these issue. CS isn't the only factor in items especially mid to late game when LVL2 boots and IE, BT, or BC come in to play with certain ranged ad carries.

Kills are like econ boost and can easily help you build much faster than just CS.

dimb

How does one check a champion's win ratio per week?

*edit* TONS OF DAMAGE
http://leagueofstats.com/champions/all/RANKED_SOLO_5x5/all

Or ELObuff if you want more in depth stats you pay for.
True, but if I want to work on core mechanics without dealing with random people complaining, it's my way to work on it.
I usually don't care. Every champion in League is easy enough to play or understand for me that I can usually just take them into real matches right away and actually get a more genuine feel for them. Except for Sion. I am not good at Sion. His kit makes no sense.

scy

I usually don't care. Every champion in League is easy enough to play or understand for me that I can usually just take them into real matches right away and actually get a more genuine feel for them. Except for Sion. I am not good at Sion. His kit makes no sense.

To be fair, I've been playing for less than a month so I'm going off my experiences of using champs and that being the first time I've seen them. I haven't tried too many champs recently (except Jayce) so I haven't really ran to a solo bot game to test things out.

Still, I like solo testing things. Just something I've always done for games when I need to work on mechanics, regardless of the genre. Really has nothing to do with things being easy or not. I primarily due it to just avoid people whining.

Edit: I should add, solo bot games lets me sit there and do math when I need/want to as well :x

zkylon

zkylewd
Aw man one time I get a kickass match as Akali and half my team feeds the enemy Darius. Juking with her is a thrilling experience :D

zlyAW.jpg

Volimar

dat eve combo in the video are insane, but i wonder how well can she do against strong jungler like shyv.

Did you see where she was spamming abilities while chasing down Orianna and didn't even get down to half mana? True, she had blue buff, but still...

zkylon

zkylewd
I mad. From now on, if the team comp doesn't please me I'm gonna leave the damn lobby. Insta-lock-inners have cost me more matches than feeders and trolls combined. I've had it, I'd rather lose 5 minutes than 20.

dimb

Did you see where she was spamming abilities while chasing down Orianna and didn't even get down to half mana? True, she had blue buff, but still...
Eve has always spammed abilities. Her Q is made to spam and it's why Triforce is so strong on her. It's just ranged AOE now. The biggest thing about the new Eve is that she actually just looks really fun to play.

KevinRo

I lost 200 elo in a span of 3 days.

I can't play this game anymore. It's no fun. Literally, I'm in ELO hell. I know I do stupid shit, but not nearly on the level of my teammates. People picking 2 mids, people crying not to play support, junglers that die twice at golems, AFK, leavers, feeders, etc.

But nothing NOTHING can compare to my experience. I'll do well. By well, I will either win my lane or be behind a few cs compared to my competitor. But something about my teammates. They like to die. They like to die so much so that they might get a kill but their opponent gets one too. They feed so fucking much, that by mid game, they have like 8 deaths compared to my 1 or 2. This leads to me being behind. By how much? By all the fucking times my teamtes died. It's ridiculous. The game isn't fun anymore. People don't play and think about the other 4 people on their team. I can't get out of this hell hole. Fuck this game.

Q8D3vil

its hard to find good people, best way to carry a game with crazy jungler like naut/noc/lee who can get kills done.
just analyze the lane matchup and help the weak ones (today i helped a retard talon who was against olaf and help him win his lane).

playing with crazy offensive support (leona/blitz) can help secure kills too.

dimb

You guys are worse than me today. If you can't carry you are at the right ELO and the same skill level as everyone else. Also who cares it's just a game and your ELO is some number nobody even gives a crap about.

I can carry as long as the other team doesn't have an uber carry that somehow gets full build way before anyone else.

I think I've become better at farming though. Seems that every cs counts.

EXGN

I lost 200 elo in a span of 3 days.

I can't play this game anymore. It's no fun. Literally, I'm in ELO hell. I know I do stupid shit, but not nearly on the level of my teammates. People picking 2 mids, people crying not to play support, junglers that die twice at golems, AFK, leavers, feeders, etc.

But nothing NOTHING can compare to my experience. I'll do well. By well, I will either win my lane or be behind a few cs compared to my competitor. But something about my teammates. They like to die. They like to die so much so that they might get a kill but their opponent gets one too. They feed so fucking much, that by mid game, they have like 8 deaths compared to my 1 or 2. This leads to me being behind. By how much? By all the fucking times my teamtes died. It's ridiculous. The game isn't fun anymore. People don't play and think about the other 4 people on their team. I can't get out of this hell hole. Fuck this game.

I feel ya. I've had the hardest time breaking out of the 1200 range because I've got some awful, awful teammates (not that I'm perfect, but I'm pretty sure if everyone else played at my level, we would have won). Dropped four in a row last night:

1. I went 9/5/3 as Karthus. My team got 15 kills total, meaning I was involved in 12 of them. Bottom went a combined total of 1/11 (Sivir 0/7, Soraka 1/4) and Darius counterpicked himself against Jax and went 1/6.

2. I went 3/1/1 as Kassadin against a Casseopeia mid. I dunked on Cass (it was a strong matchup for me, obviously. However, the game ended in a 20 minute surrender because Ezreal and support Volibear (?) fed Draven and Nocturne hard - they went for combined for 0/14 (Ezreal 0/8, Voli 0/6). My one death came from when I coordinated a four man gank bottom but Draven was just so far ahead that he killed all of us.

3. I picked Cho jungle because we had a Talon mid and no one wanted to go AP top, so we needed a decent AP character. Then everyone said Cho was a terribad jungler (he's not), so someone picked up Amumu. Fine, I'll go top - nope, Gangplank wants to go top. So I'm stuck playing support Cho (lol). Even at that, me and Graves win lane. However, top feeds Rumble hard and Talon gets a lot of kills mid, but he also dies just as many times.

The moral of this story: I really just need to not play ranked when my duo Q partner isn't logged in. I'm not saying I'm the perfect player (far from it), but I believe I can play at the 1300-1400 level. But these guys... counterpicking themselves, going 0/8 - even at my worst I don't make these mistakes.

scy

I'm not saying I'm the perfect player (far from it), but I believe I can play at the 1300-1400 level. But these guys... counterpicking themselves, going 0/8 - even at my worst I don't make these mistakes.

Reading elo hell stories and watching streams makes me kind of fear going into ranked :|

scy

ELO hell stories only happen to your own team, yep.

Makes sense.

Post-game whinefests are the best.

I love it when streamers are on smurfs and getting called out for being shitty players. It is my greatest joy to see people being stupid and taking out their problems on other people rather than reflecting on what they may have done wrong. Then again, I'm pretty hard on myself for basically every mistake I ever do :|

ELO hell stories only happen to your own team, yep.

Makes sense.

No it happens to everyone but there is an element of luck involved to how often it happens to you. When you have an AFK from the start or someone who decides to feed from the get go and announces it and just starts running mid over and over as back to back games you do kind of start to feel that your Elo is completely out of your hands.

Blizzard

Banned
I know it's POSSIBLE to raise ELO even with solo queue because I did it myself. If you can find someone you get along with well to duo queue with, it might be even more possible.

I don't know much, but I personally feel one of the biggest things is learning to be consistent. I dropped down to about 690 ELO, bought Katarina, lost with her a bit as I started learning her, and then went up above 1200 ELO playing mostly Katarina. At the point where I had 100 ranked games with her, I had exactly 70 wins. I'm down to like 67% wins with her, maybe 53-55% wins with Riven, and I haven't played many ranked games with everyone else. But still, I felt like I proved to myself that it's possible to at least get back to the default starting ELO by yourself if you can consistently (or at least like 60% of the time) do well in your lane as a carry and ideally help the other lanes as well if possible.

It probably depends on what champion clicks with you, too. Some people may love Ryze or Kennen and say they are general good picks, yet I'm TERRIBLE with them. I like playing Katarina, so I went with that.

*edit* I should also add that it took like two months and I wasted a bunch of my life playing too much. Whether it's worth it is up to you. :p

dimb

No it happens to everyone but there is an element of luck involved to how often it happens to you. When you have an AFK from the start or someone who decides to feed from the get go and announces it and just starts running mid over and over as back to back games you do kind of start to feel that your Elo is completely out of your hands.
Outliers can be eliminated by just playing more games.

garath

I finally played with some GAFers again last night! Thanks DanDan for getting me into a game. I still feel bad for picking Vlad against LeBlanc. In retrospect I would have been far better off choosing Kassadin lol.

Wish I had more uninterrupted time to play. Wife and kid cut into that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom