• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zilean is played either as:
1. AP carry transitioning to support
2. pure support

The reason for #1 is that his damage output drops late game.

I looked at the guide. Archangel's Staff isn't a good choice on him. I'd personally build these
- Sorc Shoes
- Catalyst->Rod of Ages
- Rab's Deathcap
- Morello's Evil Tome
- Zhonya's Hourglass (prioritize if getting too focused)
- Situational (Guardian Angel / Banshee / Void Staff / Frozen Heart / Will of the Ancients)

With Morello's and blue, you get max CDR. I'm not sure on this, but I read that max CDR + constant Rewind lets you use your ult every ~30 seconds.

He's also a great poke support. He's so annoying to lane against because of his long range bombs with massive base damage.
If you're going mid with Zilean, then that's fine, and if you're going bot as support do as SouthernDragon suggests. You'll never get enough money for a Rabaddon's on bot.

? I just meant that if you play smart, you won't see the stun graphic up in lane regardless. And, knowing how a smart Annie plays, you should be checking her buff stacks when you see her without the graphic and still be avoiding any aggressive Annie movements because of how easily a non stun graphic Annie can manipulate her spells, negating said advantage of the skin.

Regarding jungle ganks, I would rather their jungler waste time attempting to gank on the assumption that I don't have a stun when I actually do, so I don't really agree with the "use it to prevent ganks" reasoning. I'd even venture to say that keeping a stun up is just calling to be ganked since you are at your most vulnerable right after you cast the stun proc spell as annie, and not casting during the lane phase just means you are making last hits harder for yourself.
There's arguments to be had for both cases and like most things it's situational, but if I see an Annie with her stun up I stay the hell away from her because chances are I'm gonna get bear'd.

And on the stun graphic topic, it doesn't really matter that there are better ways to check for it, her passive has a tell and that skin obscures it. It's a payed advantage and you don't always have the time to have the enemy champ selected. I usually do fine against Annies but this threw me off enough for me to die a few times. Will learn from it, but still it's a shitty pay to win thing.

What categories are those items. what are boots/boots2?

Faerie Charm:Magic -> Mana Regen
Philostone: Defense -> Health Regen or Faerie Charm -> Philostone
Heart of Gold: Defense -> Health
Boots: Movement
Aegis: Defense -> Armor or Health or Magic Resistance
Boots 2: Movement

Boots are just your basic Boots, which serve to increase Movement Speed. Boots 2 refers to their upgrades, of which there are many.

Do you need Magic Resistance and lower exposure to crowd control (stuns, snares, slows)?
Mercury Treads!

Do you need lower cooldown times?
Ionian Boots!

Do you need to zoom across the battlefield really, really fast?
Boots of Mobility!

brian!

hey inquisitor a word of advice

don't worry too much about builds or stuff like that right now, just dive into the game and have fun, learn from what people you are playing with are doing.

it may be worthwhile to follow the recommended item builds and note how they change your character (the amount of dmg increase, how much more damage you can take, etc.). You were asking about boots 1/2 in chat, so it seems that it would probably be better if you just played blindly a bit and get to know how mechanics work, what the items are and what they do, what champs are and what they do, etc.

a lot of the stuff about items and such will come intuitively. item builds should be situational. there are certainly items that "go with" certain characters, but I swear if you are able to formulate the logic yourself you will be a better player. it's common sense that following a build blindly may hurt you (except if you're ryze).

bjaelke

Get a FM after wits end or an early phage. Ionic spark is a no-no unless you plan to split push alot.

Phage is such a strong item on AS Lulu. I see a lot of people just stacking attack speed items and neglecting the damage (outside her passive). One Phage proc is often enough to secure a kill early on.

Volimar

Phage is such a strong item on AS Lulu. I see a lot of people just stacking attack speed items and neglecting the damage (outside her passive). One Phage proc is often enough to secure a kill early on.

I like phage a lot. Since the doran's nerf, I went from getting 2 blades on my ad carries, to rushing Phage. You lose a bit of lifesteal, but when that slow procs in early game, it's lovely.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Support Lulu game. I forgot to switch my runes and masteries after I played Nasus. Also I bought boots first because I wasn't even paying attention. Went on a killing spree in the first few minutes.
Zs2Pb.jpg

support nautilus is extremely strong.
never lost a game with him yet, people dont like him as support because they are not used to see it (because he is either banned or jungler in high level play).

I agree with you I never really understood why LoLGaf doesn't see him as a support. He doesn't have any abilities that buff/heal teammates but he has some of the best CC. He's a great a jungler to because of his terrifying ganks but you really need a competent team to protect him early on in the jungle from invasions.

I play him as a support quite a bit too and it works wonders against enemy teams. I'm amazing with my pulls so I really capitalize on when I see a good opening if their squishy carry doesn't have a minion in the way. I find that a lot of people don't use his pull properly. It's quite slow so you need to predict the path of an opponent to use it properly.

Q8D3vil

I agree with you I never really understood why LoLGaf doesn't see him as a support. He doesn't have any abilities that buff/heal teammates but he has some of the best CC. He's a great a jungler to because of his terrifying ganks but you really need a competent team to protect him early on in the jungle from invasions.

I play him as a support quite a bit too and it works wonders against enemy teams. I'm amazing with my pulls so I really capitalize on when I see a good opening if their squishy carry doesn't have a minion in the way. I find that a lot of people don't use his pull properly. It's quite slow so you need to predict the path of an opponent to use it properly.

still much faster blitz pull, he does alot of damage too.

Yea, blitz is faster in terms of pull speed and movement speed as well, and he can clear out minion waves ridiculously fast. But as a support I find Nautilus more useful because of all his CC, especially for late game when the team fights occur.
The main things I like about blitzcrank is that he can pull through walls and he can retreat easily with his movement speed+armor ability.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

The hitbox on Naut's hook is much bigger (or maybe it just seems that way to me) than Blitz's hook too, so it's easier to disrupt their AD carry.

dimb

Yea, blitz is faster in terms of pull speed and movement speed as well, and he can clear out minion waves ridiculously fast. But as a support I find Nautilus more useful because of all his CC, especially for late game when the team fights occur.
The main things I like about blitzcrank is that he can pull through walls and he can retreat easily with his movement speed+armor ability.
But Blitzcrank has more CC.

And he doesn't gain armor.

Ferrio

Banned
I wish they'd a toggle for custom games that'd allow multiple of the same hero. Having a team of blitzcranks would be funny.

Or having an all blitzcrank game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wish they'd a toggle for custom games that'd allow multiple of the same hero. Having a team of blitzcranks would be funny.

No one could cast anything, one hook and everyone would be throwing their silencing ults and around and punching each other like rock'em sock'em robots.

Actually, that does sound pretty fun.

^We really do need a scorpion skin for either naut or blitz. I'd buy it even if it were PFE priced.

Naut is just more effective when he's in the jungle than compared to support. He's just a subpar blitz when support.

In the end a champ is only as a effective as the team behind it.

Granted I would never play Naut support with a team I can't communicate with over mumble/skype.

Ferrio

Banned
^We really do need a scorpion skin for either naut or blitz. I'd buy it even if it were PFE priced.

In the end a champ is only as a effective as the team behind it.

This is certainly true. But in terms of laning.. a support that is able to grab your target to you and CC them to hell is much better. Blitz's grab is much safter for the carry than nauts stuff.

This is certainly true. But in terms of laning.. a support that is able to grab your target to you and CC them to hell is much better. Blitz's grab is much safter for the carry than nauts stuff.

I totally agree with you on that. Plus Blitz can actually escape fairly easily if things get messy. Nautilus slow movement speed is his biggest downfall when playing support.

Ferrio

Banned
Blitz has pull, single-target knock-up, and a silence.

Naut has a snare/root, a slow, a pull, and a multi-target knock-up.

His pull is not as good as blitz.
His knockup is on a huge cooldown and only gets it at lvl 6.

Blitz has both at lvl 2 and has them frequently. Naut wins out in team fights, but blitz has the better lane.

Ferrio

Banned
I made a thread on league boards about that option to allow multiple characters. Hoping it gets some love.

Someone suggested an all leona game... oh god no one would ever die.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys, help me choose, Ahri or Fizz? I'm planning on getting both, but I'm undecided on who I'll get first. I've always admired Fizzes as people that can laugh at my snares and lasers but yesterday I went against a pro Ahri and now I'm undecided.

Ferrio

Banned
Guys, help me choose, Ahri or Fizz? I'm planning on getting both, but I'm undecided on who I'll get first. I've always admired Fizzes as people that can laugh at my snares and lasers but yesterday I went against a pro Ahri and now I'm undecided.

Ahri is a very solid pick. Fizz doesn't see much action really.

Koomaster

I suggested something similar to a friend of mine who plays... except with Teemo. Shrooms EVERYWHERE!

Hero

As someone who plays Nautilus extensively, you should never ever lane with him. His strength comes from ganking from the jungle and making it extremely hard for the victim to escape.

Even with mobility 5 boots and move quints I feel he's slow. Being lane support is just awful as Naut.

Kenai

As someone who really likes Fizz but is still mediocre with him, I say Ahri is much more well rounded. Fizz is pretty awesome and is VERY strong 1vs1 against most standard ranged AP carries but has a very high skill cap and if you mess up he is very squishy and very dead (also requires some non standard runes if IP is an issue).

Hi everyone btw. I am still a rookie but I enjoy this game very much overall. Just got into it a few months ago and haven't tried every champ, but i intend to someday.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hello dear LoLGAF!

Give me D3vil and Pancakes back please :_:

Although I'm a bigger fan of Ahri I would get Fizz first just to learn how he plays so when you fight him you know how to handle him better. Your probably already know how Ahri plays and how hard it is to gank her.

Ahri tends to fall off a bit late game but she hits so hard with her Q if you know how to use it properly and her E(taunt) is still a blessing all throughout the game. She's my favorite mid champ because of her abilities and how insanely aggressive/defensive she can play because of her ult.

Fizz is ton of fun as well but he's a bit hard to use at first because of his lack of range and abilities that can place you in bad gankable position if you use it incorrectly. His E ability is really satisfying to nail down when an enemy uses and subsequently wastes their CC or Ult on you.

Oh God, if no one had skins they'd never be able to tell them apart....it'd be CHAOS!

LOL that would be epic. I can already imagine someone running through lane and getting demolished by a chain of shrooms

Another troll game would be all graves. Everyone blind and lagging all the time!

Hello Everyone.
Summoner name NebulousPhantasm on EUW. Been playing on and off since Orianna release. Mostly play Dominion nowadays but can play any role but bot. Mostly been playing Jayce and Kayle top or Ahri/Orianna mid.

XeroSauce

You shouldn't lane with Nautilus. Weak top, weak mid, weak bot.

However, his CC is strong throughout the entire game, and his pull is wider and allows him to get in rage for root and slow.

Hell, today they asked me to support Naut in ranked, I said nope. Not really viable unless the other lane is stupid or weak.

DoornicK

Neo Member
The best all troll game would probably be all Shaco. Twenty Shacos on the same screen should be hilarious.

All Orianna is also really good, balls everywhere!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
10 Heimers.

The ultimate battle of positioning.

dimb

You shouldn't lane with Nautilus. Weak top, weak mid, weak bot.

However, his CC is strong throughout the entire game, and his pull is wider and allows him to get in rage for root and slow.

Hell, today they asked me to support Naut in ranked, I said nope. Not really viable unless the other lane is stupid or weak.

He's fine in a solo lane. He has some decent matchups and provides a lot of CC when ganks come in.
Blitz has pull, single-target knock-up, and a silence.

Naut has a snare/root, a slow, a pull, and a multi-target knock-up.
You have to look at the cooldowns. Nautilus CC also quickly falls off on targets after he initiates.

I still get outclassed a lot in the AD Carry department. By the time i had 190cs and finished IE, phantom dancer, the enemy graves had like 300 cs and had his IE, PD, blood thirster and last whisper all finished. And he had 20 kills by the end while I had like 4.

He just jumped in and killed people while if I even attempted to attack someone during a teamfight they would just turn around and kill me in 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom