• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Favorite Ashe skin.

Not so much based on that PBE skin.
Totally, I was planning on buying it as soon as I felt like playing Ashe. They probably felt they needed to nerf cheap goodlooking skins.

----

edit: FUCK THEYLL CHANG LUXS ULT NAME THATS UNFORGIVABLE GRRRRR

Blizzard

Banned
Didn't they just nerf morgana's shield, increasing its cooldown? And now they're reverting it even though she's still always banned? :|

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Infinite Light is such a bad fucking name. Fuck you Riot, don't touch my Lux.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Battlecast Urgot was a regular priced skin right?
Wasn't that just vocally modified? The Cho skin is too good for me to not believe it is Legendary. It has more voice work than Diana.

Q8D3vil

battlecast chogath wont be normal 975, he is much better than many legendaries including the latest gate keeper galio.

as expected from riot, buffing him and giving him new awesome skin.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly, they set a new bar with Legendaries and I can't imagine them doing Legendaries like they used to anymore. They'll probably continue to do that half off for the first week and have intricate Legendaries in the future. I think the battlecast will be 975

dimb

Battlecast Cho'Gath is a pretty clear step above any of the recent skin releases besides Pulsefire Ezreal. He has new animations for almost everything. Entirely new spell effects and animations to trigger them. More voice work than most champions have. Like, you are seriously kidding yourself if you think this is going to be a normally priced skin.
dTtvE.jpg

Q8D3vil

good thing i love jungle chogath, his clear rate is very good and his ganks are hard to pull but better than most junglers.
975 would be instant be for me, plus the new buffs will make his ganks and team fight potential so much better.

kayos90

Battlecast Cho'Gath is a pretty clear step above any of the recent skin releases besides Pulsefire Ezreal. He has new animations for almost everything. Entirely new spell effects and animations to trigger them. More voice work than most champions have. Like, you are seriously kidding yourself if you think this is going to be a normally priced skin.

Wtf? New animations too? Nvm. I thought it was just voices.

EDIT: I think it'd be a cool Legendary Skin if he had different amount of armor depending on his stacks.

dimb

You press the dance keys and his boom box starts up with a little music that he bobs along to. It's pretty neat.

Blizzard

Banned
Zyra walks away from the nerf like a plant!
They always nerf new champions on the 4th week, not the 2nd week, right?

I still say that the last three champions have been very unique and also surprisingly balanced -- Jayce is flexible (though almost always top). He's powerful but not ultra snowball DPS. Draven has a lot of damage potential, but it can take quite a high skill level (or luck with bounces lolol etc.) to manage it properly. Kyra has nice damage over time with the plants, and decent burst, but has no escape, mobility, or shield and is thus very vulnerable to ganks (seeds can technically help with this for 30 seconds but I feel like it's almost a waste).

I am scared about her though, since I think my first two normal SR Zyra games I was like 12/4 and 14/2 and won both. I was lucky the second one since we had a super fed Olaf though. The one thing I am ULTRA terrible at is hitting anyone with her passive. The delay always throws me off and I don't think I've killed anyone with it.

Q8D3vil

They always nerf new champions on the 4th week, not the 2nd week, right?

I still say that the last three champions have been very unique and also surprisingly balanced -- Jayce is flexible (though almost always top). He's powerful but not ultra snowball DPS. Draven has a lot of damage potential, but it can take quite a high skill level (or luck with bounces lolol etc.) to manage it properly. Kyra has nice damage over time with the plants, and decent burst, but has no escape, mobility, or shield and is thus very vulnerable to ganks (seeds can technically help with this for 30 seconds but I feel like it's almost a waste).

I am scared about her though, since I think my first two normal SR Zyra games I was like 12/4 and 14/2 and won both. I was lucky the second one since we had a super fed Olaf though. The one thing I am ULTRA terrible at is hitting anyone with her passive. The delay always throws me off and I don't think I've killed anyone with it.

zyra is broken, she will get nerfs.
she can just put 2 seeds and spawn plants to farm.
they need to nerf her mana cost and maybe her range.

Ferga

She has pretty big mana costs already. If she gets nerfed in mana costs, she won't be able to go through her combo lol

It should be her base damage that should be nerfed. They are way too high.

Blizzard

Banned
If you crushingly nerf mana, base damages (which don't have great ratios if I recall correctly, thus some people earlier in this thread commenting about her late game), and get rid of long-range attacks, I think Zyra might become a nearly useless/unused mage with no mobility, shield, or escape besides snare and knockup.

I really don't like the idea of kneejerk reactions without giving 4 weeks (or maybe 4-8 months of tournament play or something) for things to settle down.

And then Riot should post stats about how many solo queue 5v5 games she won, what the average KDR was, etc. So the community outcry can be educated!

I'm not sure anyone tried to gank me my last entire game. I think an earlier poster reported stomping a Zyra by repeatedly ganking.

dimb

Zyra has been overpowered forever. It's not a kneejerk. It was obvious on the PBE and it's obvious now. The question is whether or not this being Morello's pet project will get in the way of game balance.

And please stop saying she is an easy gank. Xerath is an easy gank. Morde is an easy gank. Malz is an easy gank. Swain is an easy gank. Zyra has a long range, easy and safe pushing, free vision, slows, and easy multi target ranged roots. She has a lot of tools to deal with ganking.

Q8D3vil

the only character im willing to spent money on a good skin is jarvan, i love playing him but all of his skins are mediocre except commando which i got in sale but it lack the particles.

Ferga

If you crushingly nerf mana, base damages (which don't have great ratios if I recall correctly, thus some people earlier in this thread commenting about her late game), and get rid of long-range attacks, I think Zyra might become a nearly useless/unused mage with no mobility, shield, or escape besides snare and knockup.

I really don't like the idea of kneejerk reactions without giving 4 weeks (or maybe 4-8 months of tournament play or something) for things to settle down.

And then Riot should post stats about how many solo queue 5v5 games she won, what the average KDR was, etc. So the community outcry can be educated!

I'm not sure anyone tried to gank me my last entire game. I think an earlier poster reported stomping a Zyra by repeatedly ganking.

I did the maths on the day of her release.

She has 500 base damage from her q,e,r at level 6. People usually have around 80ap at this time. So add in (48+40+56=144). So thats 644 damage plus scaling.

Now you add the plant damage.
Her plants do 78 magic damage (scaled with 80ap) every hit with an as of 0.8. If you combo right, the plants will have an as of 1.6 with the ult applied. And the range plant has massive range.
She snares for 0.75 to 1.5 seconds depending on whether you leveled E or Q first.
The pop up from her ult will probably make you stay in the range of the plants for 2-3seconds. I'll use 2.5seconds.
With the 1.6as from the plants, they will hit you around 3 times.
This means (78x2x3=468) damage just from the plants.

Add that all: 468+644=1112 magic damage. Add an ignite in there with a few autoattacks.
If you say her base damage isn't high, then I don't know what you do call high then.

The combo really isn't hard to pull off too. If you land a snare, you can pull it off with ease.

scy

Zyra has been overpowered forever. It's not a kneejerk.

I could've sworn you said she wasn't good when she was on the PBE.

Edit: Double checked and I am totally wrong on this!

And please stop saying she is an easy gank. Xerath is an easy gank. Morde is an easy gank. Malz is an easy gank. Swain is an easy gank. Zyra has a long range, easy and safe pushing, free vision, slows, and easy multi target ranged roots. She has a lot of tools to deal with ganking.

She has preemptive ways to deal with ganks but, once they're on her, she's more-or-less done. This isn't necessarily an "OMG TERRIBLE" thing since that merely puts her with all the other no built-in escape AP mids but I wouldn't say she's strong vs a gank. She's merely with the rest of the escape-less AP mids: Ways to deal with them on the approach but Flash reliant once they're on her.

She has 500 base damage from her q,e,r at level 6. People usually have around 80ap at this time. So add in (48+40+56=144). So thats 644 damage plus scaling.

Level 3 Q + Level 1 W + Level 1 E + Level 1 R = 155 + 0 + 60 + 200 = 415 Damage or 559 with 80 AP Scaling (combined ratio of 1.8).

Her plants do 78 magic damage (scaled with 80ap) every hit with an as of 0.8. If you combo right, the plants will have an as of 1.6 with the ult applied. And the range plant has massive range.

It should only be 1.2 APS, not 1.6.

The pop up from her ult will probably make you stay in the range of the plants for 2-3seconds. I'll use 2.5seconds.
With the 1.6as from the plants, they will hit you around 3 times.
This means (78x2x3=468) damage just from the plants.

The plants deal 78 + .75 * 78 or 136.5 damage every attack cycle, not 156. Realistically speaking, you'll get ~4 attack cycles with the ultimate in use though (3.33s).

Add that all: 468+644=1112 magic damage. Add an ignite in there with a few autoattacks.
If you say her base damage isn't high, then I don't know what you do call high then.

559 + (136.5 * Attacks) for her full combo damage or 1105 magic damage assuming ~3.5 seconds of plant time which is down to around 850 after baseMR. To put this in perspective, Ahri's full Level 6 combo (assuming 3Q not 3W) is 475 base + 2.86AP or 704 damage. Also put in perspective, a Level 6 Zyra at full HP would survive both of these bursts but still die to an auto + Ignite.

Zyra matches that by 1.7s (two plant attacks) and with just the one skillshot. And at a much lower mana cost.

Edit: If we want to take it to Level 18:

Zyra: 875 base + 1.8AP + (234.5 + .35AP) * Attacks
Ahri: 1235 base + 2.86AP [140 + .33AP of it being true damage]

Ferga

Ah yeah I had a follow on error with the 500 when it was 400 (Rounded down)

And the ult increases AS by 50% not 100%. My bad there as well.

Regarding the plant damage though:
This is the scaling on their damage: 26 + (6 × level) + (0.2 per ability power)
26+(6*6)+(0.2*80)=78
You'll have 2 plants out so itll be 156 for both of them attacking at once.

But all in all, its pretty clear that zyra needs base stat nerfs and better ap scalings.
She can single handedly turn the tide in a team fight with her utility and since her base damages are so high, she'll still do a lot of damage mid game even if she is shut down.

I've seen under farmed and underleveled Zyras go legendary mid game.

And her utility is just so damn good and shouldn't be touched.

EXGN

Her base damages should be nerfed and her scaling buffed a tad. I think she's almost there, but just a tad too big right now.

Q8D3vil

diana is definitely kassadin type assasin mid or top, if its true that she can jungle then its going to be a very versatile character.

scy

Regarding the plant damage though:
This is the scaling on their damage: 26 + (6 × level) + (0.2 per ability power)
26+(6*6)+(0.2*80)=78
You'll have 2 plants out so itll be 156 for both of them attacking at once.

-25% for attacking the same target so:

78 + .75 * 78 = 136.5, not 156.

Edit: I do expect them to change the plants to 20 + (5 * level) + (.2AP) and maybe dropping her E damage some more. That or, like you say, dropping some base damage everywhere and upping her Q/E ratios by ~0.10 to compensate. She does really well with limited items BUT she also farms and zones really well which makes her laning phase all the scarier.

diana is definitely kassadin type assasin mid or top, if its true that she can jungle then its going to be a very versatile character.

Well, the reveal says she's a Jungler. We'll see if that holds true still.

Played Nidalee in ARAM. Broken beyond belief. The spears are hilariously easy to land. You don't always have minions to block it. Whenever fights break out you won't really notice spears sneaking in. I was going 15/0/x with only 2x Dorans and shoes. I played mindlessly towards the end of my life because I wanna to go home already.

I'd rather have her than Blitz. Oh, enemy Blitz/Brand/Xerath started casting? Spear to the face.

Cass is another ridiculously powerful champ in Proving Grounds. Nearly won a 3v5 with an ally Brand. We did double WotA. 40% Spellvamp is so awesome. Ended up with 44/15/x.

Boken

Banned
If you did this a month ago, you might have a point. Pool is insta-cast now though. A good Malzahar would have just E'd you, put a pool down under himself when you shunpo'd and then ulted you and ignited during the ult if it looked like you might survive the combo.

Who would pick Cheerleader Frejlord Ashe over Ice Bitch Frejlord Ashe? I am outraged I tell you.

Volimar

Played Nidalee in ARAM. Broken beyond belief. The spears are hilariously easy to land. You don't always have minions to block it. Whenever fights break out you won't really notice spears sneaking in. I was going 15/0/x with only 2x Dorans and shoes. I played mindlessly towards the end of my life because I wanna to go home already.

I'd rather have her than Blitz. Oh, enemy Blitz/Brand/Xerath started casting? Spear to the face.

Cass is another ridiculously powerful champ in Proving Grounds. Nearly won a 3v5 with an ally Brand. We did double WotA. 40% Spellvamp is so awesome. Ended up with 44/15/x.

Also Xerath. That safe poke! Except against Nid :p

Anyone else watching ECC: Poland? Just saw a great match between m5 and Elohell. Guardian Angels, everywhere.

http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/ecc-poland

kayos90

The problem with Zyra is that she gets too good a damage for what you pay for, in this case mana costs. Either one of those things need nerf. Right now a lot of people max Q first but maxing E first is much much better. Although the scaling isn't as good as Q, the base damage is the same as Q and then combo this in with her Q and ult and it's crazy amount of damage. She needs a nerf stat. If I can play her without csing and win, she's pretty much warranting a nerf. Either nerf damage or nerf costs, maybe even mana regen - cuz she never ever runs out of it. Most likely it'll be nerfing the mana costs.

Inskipp

Just had a hell of a match.

Probably one of the tougher soloq games I've had during this season. Got camped really hard early game, and lost my tower as well. Things were looking pretty grim until we managed to slowly turn it around during mid- game.

Having a farmed Kog also helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom