• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Give up waiting for Ahri sale, spend IP on Ahri.
Ahri goes on sale.

Of course. That's how this works. I didn't even use her this week since I was learning Zyra :| Oh well.

From very brief discussion and impressions, it seems like Zyra's early game damage strengths are offset by her late game weakness and her lack of escapes. Lux and Morgana are similar in that if a gank comes in they have to snare to escape, but both of those champions have shields, so Zyra is even more vulnerable. I guess the ult might help you escape ganks if placed in the right spot.

Zyra's escape is awareness, I guess. But, yeah, once something is on her, you're kind of screwed. At best, you can level E over Q and snare + slow turret -> flash out. At best. Yeah...

garath

Give up waiting for Ahri sale, spend IP on Ahri.
Ahri goes on sale.

Of course. That's how this works. I didn't even use her this week since I was learning Zyra :| Oh well.

If you recently bought her (like less than a week ago) it's worth an email to support. They're usually pretty good about refunding your ip/rp to allow you to buy her on sale. Doesn't hurt to try. 6300ip is a lot of runes.

If you recently bought her (like less than a week ago) it's worth an email to support. They're usually pretty good about refunding your ip/rp to allow you to buy her on sale. Doesn't hurt to try. 6300ip is a lot of runes.

I did that for Lulu. They're usually pretty good about it.

scy

I have all my (basic) runes for my roles I play. I saved from 1-20 so I could buy all the runes I needed :x

Edit: Actually ... movespeed quints. Damn. Hm.

As for this, I mean ... I guess I could. But eh. I figure I'll just spend the RP I would have on another champ. Then again, 6300 IP does mean I can start buying all the cheap IP champs I'm missing. Plus, I already bought Foxfire Ahri anyway!

So I was playing beginner bots yesterday to sneak in a quick wotd before I slept. And holy crap our Zyra did a ridiculous amount of damage.

I'm selling some PAX sivir codes in the BST thread, make me an offer

where is this thread. and can I just shoot you a PM.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I was listening to Nyx Assassin's voice.

Champions in DotA2 call out top, bot, and mid mias now! With their voices!

I want that so bad in LoL

--------------

Zyra end game is super strong, she is pretty easy to gang, but who the hell position themselves to get gang at end game? If the team focus you at end game, after ult -> turret -> hourglass, the fight is already over unless other team have kayle or anivia.

scy

Zyra end game is super strong, she is pretty easy to gang, but who the hell position themselves to get gang at end game? If the team focus you at end game, after ult -> turret -> hourglass, the fight is already over unless other team have kayle or anivia.

She's easy to gank early-to-mid game but, at the same time, she bullies her lane so hard that you should sort of expect jungler support and ward appropriately. I dunno. While I think she lacks a good escape and is frail, I don't think it hinders her as much as it could.

Late game, I think her damage scales slower than other champs but she's still good at it in a team fight. Especially if her plants (ult or no ult) are allowed to just shoot for their duration. Damn. That damage.

EXGN

Zyra got picked by Mouz in the IPL game that's being rebroadcasted! She's doing super well so far.

Edit: It was a rebroadcast.

garath

She's easy to gank early-to-mid game but, at the same time, she bullies her lane so hard that you should sort of expect jungler support and ward appropriately. I dunno. While I think she lacks a good escape and is frail, I don't think it hinders her as much as it could.

Late game, I think her damage scales slower than other champs but she's still good at it in a team fight. Especially if her plants (ult or no ult) are allowed to just shoot for their duration. Damn. That damage.

Zyra is the first champion since Fiora I'm tempted to buy right now. However, the sneak peek of Diana has me excited as well. She's got things I like - skill shots, repeatable gap closer, cool abilities :p

I try to keep my spending to $20 a month and I've just spent the last of my rp getting Lee Sin. Don't remember last time I bought.

edit: Wow. My last $20 buy was 6/20. Guess it's been a month after all. But I really want to buy the rune page bundle so it's a hard choice.

I might have enough IP but there's still lots of runes I want.

Zyra got picked by Mouz in the ongoing IPL game! She's doing super well so far.

They're playing now? Ooh. I need to watch.

scy

Zyra is the first champion since Fiora I'm tempted to buy right now. However, the sneak peek of Diana has me excited as well. She's got things I like - skill shots, repeatable gap closer, cool abilities :p

Diana looks interesting and she's part of the reason I'm hesitant on pursuing getting my Ahri refunded :x Then again, I think I have ~4000 RP so I should be fine for Diana and the occasional on-sale champ for now.

...wait, I need to buy that rune page bundle still. Dang. Hrm. Maybe I'll run out of RP sooner than I thought...

I might have enough IP but there's still lots of runes I want.

Off-hand, I think I just need Armor Pen runes and I guess Movement Speed quints to complete some of the basic runes I need for the roles I currently play. Then I can worry about champs with specific setups.

Gragas is OP in ARAM. Dat poke.

We were pushed all the way back to our fountain, so as Janna I wandered out and ulted enemies into our fountain, then followed up with DFG. Ha.

garath

Diana looks interesting and she's part of the reason I'm hesitant on pursuing getting my Ahri refunded :x Then again, I think I have ~4000 RP so I should be fine for Diana and the occasional on-sale champ for now.

...wait, I need to buy that rune page bundle still. Dang. Hrm. Maybe I'll run out of RP sooner than I thought...

Off-hand, I think I just need Armor Pen runes and I guess Movement Speed quints to complete some of the basic runes I need for the roles I currently play. Then I can worry about champs with specific setups.

I have armor pen, magic pen, ad and attack speed marks. I have flat armor seals. I have flat MR glyphs. I have gp10, movespeed, flat AD and AP quints.

I still really want magic regen, mr/lvl, health regen/lvl, health/lvl.

EXGN

YHq86.png

Jungle/bruiser Gragas so stronk. W for damage reduction, R to push carries forward, E to make it impossible for them to escape (move speed debuff) and Q to damage and ruin their attack speed. Pretty fast and safe clear times, plus a wall jump skill on a 5 second cool down. I haven't tried him in ranked yet, but I'm not sure why more people don't play him as a jungler.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly, the AD carry and Jungler can pretty much be the same since you'll be needing armor, MR, and ad. AP will usually be the same across the board. Unless you're super hardcore about having very SPECIFIC and CATERING rune pages of champs and stuff you'll be fine with about 5-6 pages.

garath

Honestly, the AD carry and Jungler can pretty much be the same since you'll be needing armor, MR, and ad. AP will usually be the same across the board. Unless you're super hardcore about having very SPECIFIC and CATERING rune pages of champs and stuff you'll be fine with about 5-6 pages.

Pretty much. I've been surviving with 3. AP, AD and Akali. I really need a support page more than anything. The difference between GP 10 quints and not is pretty huge. And tbh I want an attack speed jungler page.

EXGN

I dunno about the AD and jungle using the same runes... attack speed is often super important for jungle clear times (especially for some junglers) and move speed quints are also really effective on junglers to make better ganks and expedite clear time further.

I have 4 general rune pages - AP mid (AP/MR), AD carry (flat AD/armor), Jungle/Top (move speed/attack speed/armor) and support (GP5/armor)

zkylon

zkylewd
Yup, that's why I'm not going to buy the 7 pages, even if it's cheaper than buying them separately. I'm probably gonna be OK with 4. I'm planning on replacing Sona's with Akali's, since Akali needs her's more than she does.

scy

I'm picky so I'd probably end up with nearly custom pages for most champs. Right now, I'm just dealing with two generic pages:

AD - Flat AD Marks, Flat Armor Seals, Scaling MR Glyphs, Flat AD Quints
AP - Magic Pen Marks, Flat Mana Regen Seals, Scaling AP Glyphs, Flat AP Quints

And I keep thinking "I'd rather have Armor Pen over those Flat AD Marks" or "Movement Quints instead of Flat AP" :( And the obligatory Attack Speed/Movement Speed Jungler setup for certain ones. I need to just learn Riven jungle so I can be cheap with rune pages I guess.

Q8D3vil

page 1 ad - attack damage with movement speed
page 2 ap -mana regen
page 3 tank - health quindouble yellow red armor
page 4 - Ad with mana regen (for ezrael and corki)
page 5 ap no mana
page 6 attack speed
page 7 tanky junglers - attack speed and movement speed
page 8 armor pen
page 9 double armor support with gp10 quin

i still have critical runes that i dont use, maybe i need to buy health per lvl

brian!

page 1 "AP"
I dunno I think there is like 13 armor and 1 mr mark, like a bunch of atsp marks? I get like 1.7% atspd. AP quints, like 7 mpen, it doesn't make any sense

page 2 "Jungle"
um .95 mpen for some reason, 13 armor 12 mr, 14% atspd, HEALTH QUINTS?!?!?!?

page 3 "AD"
This one is the only one that makes sense, 13 armor, 12 mr, 15 ad

brian!

I use the ap page to support, but if they have some sort of magic dmg jungler, support, or ad, I'll take the second one

gimme IP T_______T

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
AD carry and jungle pages are very different. Junglers are going to run move speed quints or something else. AD carries ARP or flad AD most of the time. I can't imagine jungling without attack speed reds either. They're required for a huge number of champions.

I had three for a while because I was lazy. It's not at all optimal. Now I have eleven and it still isn't enough.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
AD carry and jungle pages are very different. Junglers are going to run move speed quints or something else. AD carries ARP or flad AD most of the time. I can't imagine jungling without attack speed reds either. They're required for a huge number of champions.

I had three for a while because I was lazy. It's not at all optimal. Now I have eleven and it still isn't enough.

Well I was taking under the fact that the player has 2 rune pages which is the default and since there aren't any options it's better to go one ad and the other ap. I never said that the ad rune set up above was optimal for jungle but it's good enough for most junglers. You're right that depending on the jungle there will be various set ups but if you're limited on pages and resources, what i mentioned isn't too terrible.

Blizzard

Banned
Pretty much. I've been surviving with 3. AP, AD and Akali. I really need a support page more than anything. The difference between GP 10 quints and not is pretty huge. And tbh I want an attack speed jungler page.
I know it's not optimal, but I'm almost certain my AD rune page triggers both of Akali's passives at level 1.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
People supporting without GP5 quints make me cry (or laugh if I'm in the opposing lane).

I know it's not optimal, but I'm almost certain my AD rune page triggers both of Akali's passives at level 1.

Yea, you should not be triggering both of her passives at level one with your AD page. You should change that or look at your mastery setup and stop following rune builds from acrid.

Blizzard

Banned
why does ur ad rune page have ap.

Yea, you should not be triggering both of her passives at level one with your AD page. You should change that or look at your mastery setup and stop following rune builds from acrid.

My rune page doesn't have AP. AD triggers one of Akali's passives, I think. And I think my AD rune page has flat AD red or something like that (maybe AD quints too).

The other AP comes from masteries and/or a level 1 magic book. That's why it's non-optimal -- but it is POSSIBLE. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
People supporting without GP5 quints make me cry (or laugh if I'm in the opposing lane).
I bought some for my Sona (I don't have enough for the third quint, so I went with Lux's and I don't mind, it's just more pain with my Q) but I don't see much of a difference. Not really paying attention to it so I might be wrong, but they don't seem that important.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I bought some for my Sona (I don't have enough for the third quint, so I went with Lux's and I don't mind, it's just more pain with my Q) but I don't see much of a difference. Not really paying attention to it so I might be wrong, but they don't seem that important.

+1 gold tick every 10 seconds
6 ticks a minute*3 qunits =18 gold per minute* say 5 minutes=90G
6 ticks a minute*2 quints =12 gold per minute* say 5 minutes=60G
that could be a crucial ward that helps you avoid a gank.

Play how you want but leave the damage to your carry imo.

scy

+1 gold tick every 10 seconds
6 ticks a minute*3 qunits =18 gold per minute* say 5 minutes=90G
6 ticks a minute*2 quints =12 gold per minute* say 5 minutes=60G
that could be a crucial ward that helps you avoid a gank.

Play how you want but leave the damage to your carry imo.

But see, that means buying a rune page!

Oh, by the way, I'd like to say that thanks to the new counters for the GP10 items, I can see what impact they have on my gold economy.

Quite a bit. One item by itself contribute 800 gold in 30 minutes, so 2 gives 1600, and with full Avarice runes and masteries, that's a bit over 2400.

That's quite a few wards.

Blizzard

Banned
Jungle/bruiser Gragas so stronk. W for damage reduction, R to push carries forward, E to make it impossible for them to escape (move speed debuff) and Q to damage and ruin their attack speed. Pretty fast and safe clear times, plus a wall jump skill on a 5 second cool down. I haven't tried him in ranked yet, but I'm not sure why more people don't play him as a jungler.
This seems like an interesting idea, but what items did you start with? I tried starting with dorans and did okay past level 5 or so, but it seemed nearly impossible to kill jungle camps without ending up with hardly any health. I next tried starting with health regen and a potion, but that was terrible. I'm assuming you didn't start armor 5 potions?

Also, it seems like it could work in some cases, but like it would be ultra vulnerable to counterjungling since you're unlikely to win any1v1 fights with Q + E (if they're up). You'd have to hope you can just run away with E and make up the EXP in lane or something assuming they take all your jungle camps.

Achtius

Oh, by the way, I'd like to say that thanks to the new counters for the GP10 items, I can see what impact they have on my gold economy.

Quite a bit. One item by itself contribute 800 gold in 30 minutes, so 2 gives 1600, and with full Avarice runes and masteries, that's a bit over 2400.

That's quite a few wards.

or u can get magic pen and help kill bot so u get gold from assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom