• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QRY4Z.jpg

scy

The problem with Zyra is that she gets too good a damage for what you pay for, in this case mana costs. Either one of those things need nerf. Right now a lot of people max Q first but maxing E first is much much better. Although the scaling isn't as good as Q, the base damage is the same as Q and then combo this in with her Q and ult and it's crazy amount of damage. She needs a nerf stat. If I can play her without csing and win, she's pretty much warranting a nerf. Either nerf damage or nerf costs, maybe even mana regen - cuz she never ever runs out of it. Most likely it'll be nerfing the mana costs.

Eh, I disagree on the E first. The cooldown doesn't decrease with more points so while it lets you burst better the extra time is unnecessary for landing her combo. I'd rather have Q available more often and harass with it more. It's not hard to land E -> QWW with the ult AND still get both ranged plants up. Q first just lets you harass better in lane and push lane easier/faster.

You do actually have potential mana problems if you max Q first and use it to harass constantly though! But, generally speaking, her mana is almost never a concern.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eh, I disagree on the E first. The cooldown doesn't decrease with more points so while it lets you burst better the extra time is unnecessary for landing her combo. I'd rather have Q available more often and harass with it more. It's not hard to land E -> QWW with the ult AND still get both ranged plants up. Q first just lets you harass better in lane and push lane easier/faster.

You do actually have potential mana problems if you max Q first and use it to harass constantly though! But, generally speaking, her mana is almost never a concern.

The snare is longer and often times after you do your rotations, why does CD matter? It doesn't unless you're chasing and gonna use the spell again. The longer snare is much more useful as it gets the slow turret off longer and take more damage especially if the opponent has minion aggro. E is a much better choice in than Q imo.

scy

The snare is longer and often times after you do your rotations, why does CD matter? It doesn't unless you're chasing and gonna use the spell again. The longer snare is much more useful as it gets the slow turret off longer and take more damage especially if the opponent has minion aggro. E is a much better choice in than Q imo.

But if I'll get the kill at .75s snare, why do I need a longer snare? Faster CD means I harass more. The Q turrets have enough range to get two (typically more) shots in as well which is roughly as many melee swings as the E lashers even with their slow.

I've tried E first a few times and I'm not a huge fan of it yet. I prefer having my ranged harass and to constantly poke them with it. All I need from E is to hold them in place long enough to cast QWWR. 0.75s is more than enough time for that.

I'll try it some more but I haven't found a situation besides a chase scenario where I'd like a longer snare so my team can convene on them. Maybe the better escape, I guess. Q lets me bully lane harder which lets me deny CS better. I can kill just as effectively with Level 1 E so I'm trading lane dominance for basically nothing.

kayos90

But if I'll get the kill at .75s snare, why do I need a longer snare? Faster CD means I harass more. The Q turrets have enough range to get two (typically more) shots in as well which is roughly as many melee swings as the E lashers even with their slow.

I've tried E first a few times and I'm not a huge fan of it yet. I prefer having my ranged harass and to constantly poke them with it. All I need from E is to hold them in place long enough to cast QWWR. 0.75s is more than enough time for that.

I'll try it some more but I haven't found a situation besides a chase scenario where I'd like a longer snare so my team can convene on them. Maybe the better escape, I guess. Q lets me bully lane harder which lets me deny CS better. I can kill just as effectively with Level 1 E so I'm trading lane dominance for basically nothing.

Because you're not going to use both seeds on the E. The combo goes EW which will snare them as well as have the slow turret up. Then you proceed to do QW which will then have the range one up. By this point they'll be taking massive damage. As for CDs, like I said, it's pointless because her CDs are so good already anything more and it's wasting mana and just random spamming/pushing which I think is poor play.

Her mana costs will be nerfed as they well deserve, but it's not just her low mana costs, it's her whole kit; very nice base damage, decent scaling, snare, knockup, AOE, zoning, free cdr for low cooldowns, great pushing. You could nerf the hell out of her mana costs, and she can still just go tear first and still be op with that kit.

scy

Because you're not going to use both seeds on the E. The combo goes EW which will snare them as well as have the slow turret up. Then you proceed to do QW which will then have the range one up.

...not sure why I assumed 2Es, actually. You're right.

As for CDs, like I said, it's pointless because her CDs are so good already anything more and it's wasting mana and just random spamming/pushing which I think is poor play.

Eh, they're on the champ, not really on the minions. I'm still not pushing the wave (unless I want to back/roam). It's to put on damage and to zone them out. To force them to either miss CS or to take damage if they want to grab it. Hitting minions is usually avoidable unless they're sitting in their minions (and, even then, its possible to aim Q right to minimize damage dealt).

Like I said, I'll give it some more tries but I don't see it as really helping that much. The extra time from the snare isn't that necessary if you're playing properly anyway. You can poke them down and then she has enough burst that her combo will take them out regardless of how long you're holding them.

Still. It's been less than a week. We'll see how things go.

Blizzard

Banned
I actually really kind of hate the PBE thing, now that we mention it, since everyone talks about Diana ahead of time, and acts like Zyra has been out forever. :( No one should be allowed to play champions before I get them. And I still think a 2-3 year cooldown time should be required before nerfing champions so I have time to play them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cho and Darius are the only champions with true damage ults though, right?
There's Garen. I don't think the indicator is needed in any situation and potentially just adds to visual clutter during fights.

Ranked is so god damn depressing. So after 2 months of fighting tooth and nail I get back above 1200 only to drop back down to 1100 in a day and a half. This last game we utterly crushed bot lane, did well in team fights, were clearly going to win and our Jungle Mundo announces "got to go to work" and logs out. :(

Blizzard

Banned
Ranked is so god damn depressing. So after 2 months of fighting tooth and nail I get back above 1200 only to drop back down to 1100 in a day and a half. This last game we utterly crushed bot lane, did well in team fights, were clearly going to win and our Jungle Mundo announces "got to go to work" and logs out. :(
That's what you get when you play with Corporate Mundo.

EXGN

Yeah, it's always rough when you do well but someone else on your team drags you down. Just went 10/7/15 on Skarner (whole team got 30 total kills) and lost because bot when combined 3/25.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah, it's always rough when you do well but someone else on your team drags you down. Just went 10/7/15 on Skarner (whole team got 30 total kills) and lost because bot when combined 3/25.

I know that feel :(.

Blizzard

Banned
To join the crowd, I just had a Nautilus top lane who built cooldown boots, I don't think typed anything in lobby or all game, constantly suicided alone, only build HoG and the little red circle as tank items, and went 1/9 against Teemo.

To be fair, Teemo IS the most powerful champion. Previous to that I had a team who tried to do the OP Taric + Graves combo. They were destroyed by Shen + Miss Fortune (runs too fast, Shen taunt counters any gank or focus attempts).

Blizzard

Banned
zyra_1fnyyj.jpg

After feeding badly in two ranked games I finally got to play Zyra and did better. It took me FOREVER to beat Heimer in farm though (44 minute game to nexus I think). His guns are crazy and he kept eating his own wraiths more than I did.

I got a quadrakill in the river, but ezreal ran away and died to someone else. =( Still chasing the elusive penta.

*edit* I take that back, I played Zyra against Ryze and got destroyed -- went 4/1/3, but Ryze had a banshee's veil as like his first item and I could very rarely even touch him with the snare since I'm bad at skillshots. So I'm 1/1 in ranked.

Ferrio

Banned
Bah I wanted to try diana on test, but I guess the beta account i made in 09 isn't working anymore and they've shut down account creations.

scy

Bah I wanted to try diana on test, but I guess the beta account i made in 09 isn't working anymore and they've shut down account creations.

To summarize things I've read:
"omg nerf too good jungle!"
"lol useless can only ult twice in a row"
"Shitty jokes"

Blizzard

Banned
I think her jokes are funny.

And I probably just got lucky (had good teammates, was not outstanding myself) with AD jungle Sion and won a ranked game. On that note, however, I don't know that I ever realized his level 1 AD is like 107. Not bad at all. With attack speed runes he'd probably be better.

kayos90

Both are correct! I'd place traps in the bush, blitz would pull them into the traps.

Edit: Thought we were going to lose this one.

POTUY.png

First death came 30 minutes in, while I was in their base. Took an inner tower but I couldn't get away. Died in the dragon pit. :(

I fucking carried that game.

I did not realize we were in a 5s. That was a mistake.

Yes it was.

I could've come back as Kog'maw but people kept fucking throwing the game and not surrendering. I don't know why.

kayos90

I agree especially since only 2 of us were on voicechat. I was making really bad mistakes as support anyway. I just want to dance as Nunu.

Let us all take solace that we weren't as bad as jungle Fiddlesticks though. >.>

He's no Azingy. That's for sure.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Our lord and savior Chauster has spoken. When asked which three champions should he was surprised haven't been picked up for comp play he named Xerath, Gangplank, and Sejuani.

I play all three of these, so clearly I am ahead of the game.

Also, it sounds like Graves will get his auto-attack range nerfed again and Ezreal will reign supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom