• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roybr

Just wanted to say from last night game, OLAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I almost got a no deaths game, damn you WW, ill remember this...

Blizzard

Banned
HEY RAYVEN

I just had an amazing idea. Add a new queue option (for draft or whatever) that is "queue for role". That way someone wanting to practice jungle can queue up and get matched with other people who are wanting to play mid, AD carry, top lane, and support. Of course no one would ever queue up for support, and it would presumably actually be a terrible idea instead of an amazing idea. I guess we can at least agree it's "an idea" though.

EXGN

This seems like an interesting idea, but what items did you start with? I tried starting with dorans and did okay past level 5 or so, but it seemed nearly impossible to kill jungle camps without ending up with hardly any health. I next tried starting with health regen and a potion, but that was terrible. I'm assuming you didn't start armor 5 potions?

Also, it seems like it could work in some cases, but like it would be ultra vulnerable to counterjungling since you're unlikely to win any1v1 fights with Q + E (if they're up). You'd have to hope you can just run away with E and make up the EXP in lane or something assuming they take all your jungle camps.

0/21/9 masteries, AS reds, armor yellows, MS quints, MR blues. Start Regrowth and Q, wolves then blue. Get Q first, then W then E, level R>Q>E>W. First back I buy Philo + Chalice if I have enough money. Ultimate goal is Philo + choice boots + Frozen Heart + Athenes Grail.

I actually found Gragas to be an alright bully in the jungle, but you need W up at all times (damage reduction + AD buff). A Xin Zhao tried to counter jungle me and I demolished him at like level 4, did like 300-400 damage with an E->Q combo + autoattacks.

EDIT: Just tried this without a leash. Got really low at double golems, but I was able to sustain until level 6 after that pretty easy. With any sort of leash you should be able to clear with half life or so.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
HEY RAYVEN

I just had an amazing idea. Add a new queue option (for draft or whatever) that is "queue for role". That way someone wanting to practice jungle can queue up and get matched with other people who are wanting to play mid, AD carry, top lane, and support. Of course no one would ever queue up for support, and it would presumably actually be a terrible idea instead of an amazing idea. I guess we can at least agree it's "an idea" though.

Pretty nice idea, but it will pretty much become WOW dungeon seeker. 1:30hr q for dps (ap mid), and instant q for support.

This won't stop people drop queuing support and pick trydomere tho, unless they want to officially lock each champion to their role. Or what happen if a team banned all 3 support that you own. =/

Blizzard

Banned
0/21/9 masteries, AS reds, armor yellows, MS quints, MR blues. Start Regrowth and Q, wolves then blue. Get Q first, then W then E, level R>Q>E>W. First back I buy Philo + Chalice if I have enough money. Ultimate goal is Philo + choice boots + Frozen Heart + Athenes Grail.

I actually found Gragas to be an alright bully in the jungle, but you need W up at all times (damage reduction + AD buff). A Xin Zhao tried to counter jungle me and I demolished him at like level 4, did like 300-400 damage with an E->Q combo + autoattacks.

EDIT: Just tried this without a leash. Got really low at double golems, but I was able to sustain until level 6 after that pretty easy. With any sort of leash you should be able to clear with half life or so.
I was trying to max E first since it has a low cooldown and uses about half the mana. Is Q that much better? I'm afraid of missing Q when ganking and being screwed over by low level E. I'm also scared of starting regrowth (and red potion?). But I wasn't using tank masteries last time so I'll see how it goes this time.

*edit* I really don't like regrowth and Q first. I couldn't even do level 2 golems without attack speed runes. And I had a leash on blue. Didn't try wolves first.

Anno

Out of curiosity is there an LoL analogy to TeamLiquid? I only kind of like playing the game but I really like reading about it and watching (well) commentated streams/replays, but those only tend to show up in big events =(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Ferrio

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoIW-P2ypQs&feature=context-gfa
Danger Zone nerfed because...? Riot doing it's best to make Rumble less skill dependent. Cho changes will make him a terror.

"Early august patch preview".... hrmmm no diana this patch? :(

HEY RAYVEN

The game should never be designed around the meta. Horrible idea.

brian!

I get the danger zone nerf, his capability to turn situations around with it was kind of olaf status. It's just a crazy surge

EXGN

I was trying to max E first since it has a low cooldown and uses about half the mana. Is Q that much better? I'm afraid of missing Q when ganking and being screwed over by low level E. I'm also scared of starting regrowth (and red potion?). But I wasn't using tank masteries last time so I'll see how it goes this time.

*edit* I really don't like regrowth and Q first. I couldn't even do level 2 golems without attack speed runes. And I had a leash on blue. Didn't try wolves first.

E damage is inconsistent because it's split, IE if you hit the wraith camp it will be split four ways. Q is consistent AOE damage and lets you clear creeps faster and jungle quicker.

When your ganking, you should always be Eing into them and then once they are slowed, it's super difficult for them to dodge Q. Additionally, red buff procs will keep them slowed.

I think you're gonna have a difficult time starting Regrowth without AS runes. Maybe you could try Boots + 3 pots?

Repgnar

Anyone been to any of the MLG events that had LoL? How was it? Some friends and I are thinking about going to the Raleigh one coming up in August.

Blizzard

Banned
"Early august patch preview".... hrmmm no diana this patch? :(

The game should never be designed around the meta. Horrible idea.
Except Riot is doing that. Riot didn't like triple support + kogmaw meta in one tourney, and nerfed supports, right? (I think kogmaw got nerfed too) That might not have been directly because of that attempt though.

Remember Lulu? The Lulu some people tried mid? Riot didn't like a support going mid and messing with the meta, so Lulu's Q got nerfed like...TWICE.

If anyone can give any indication that Riot is open to things that change up the meta, please let me know, because I don't.

dimb

I get the danger zone nerf, his capability to turn situations around with it was kind of olaf status. It's just a crazy surge
Rumble has been like this forever. I hate that people can suddenly think champions are really overpowered, particularly a design team. Trying to maximize your damage output in the Danger Zone is the high level aspect of Rumble. It's not about turning a situation around either, because Heat is a mechanic you always have control over. A Danger Zone nerf hits all of Rumble's kit rather than the real problem spell, which is Flamespitter. He has been a problem for one patch. This is the most kneejerk nerf I have honestly ever seen.

Anyway, godlike new Cho skin, Skarner in the background hints at upcoming RoboSkarner:
qdwAj.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Rumble has been like this forever. I hate that people can suddenly think champions are really overpowered, particularly a design team. Trying to maximize your damage output in the Danger Zone is the high level aspect of Rumble. It's not about turning a situation around either, because Heat is a mechanic you always have control over. A Danger Zone nerf hits all of Rumble's kit rather than the real problem spell, which is Flamespitter. He has been a problem for one patch. This is the most kneejerk nerf I have honestly ever seen.

Anyway, godlike new Cho skin, Skarner in the background hints at upcoming RoboSkarner:
qdwAj.jpg
Looks more like Urgot.

edit: oh wait I saw Skarner now...two skins then?

dimb

i can't think of any other champ w/ that much free reliable damage
It's not really free. Rumble has very short ranges on his spells and is limited on ability spam because of cooldown timers and overheating. I don't really see how Rumble's damage is that much higher than champions like Riven, Morde, Anivia, or Ryze, some of whom are significantly tankier.

There's a ton of new art on the PBE. New Ryze splash is amazing: http://imgur.com/a/Qu2ef

Ferrio

Banned
It's not really free. Rumble has very short ranges on his spells and is limited on ability spam because of cooldown timers and overheating. I don't really see how Rumble's damage is that much higher than champions like Riven, Morde, Anivia, or Ryze, some of whom are significantly tankier.

There's a ton of new art on the PBE. New Ryze splash is amazing: http://imgur.com/a/Qu2ef

Hrm lists diana... but no she can't be in this patch don't get my hopes up.

Damn... i liked the previous siren cass skin over the chinese one.

zkylon

zkylewd

Wow they ruined Freljord Ashe bad with the cheerleader outfit. Last one had that awesome frosty stare...

ashe_splash_1.jpg

The rest are pretty good, Cass, Ez and Ryze look great now.

Ken

Ew. I like the current Freljord Ashe art over that new one.

Achtius

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

battlecast cho is cool tho

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone been to any of the MLG events that had LoL? How was it? Some friends and I are thinking about going to the Raleigh one coming up in August.

I went to MLG Orlando back in October for SC2 and had an absolute blast. I got to meet a bunch of pros and got their autographs plus some pictures. They also usually give you all the Dr.Pepper you can drink so you're never thirsty.

I would recommend going.

Ken

I went to MLG Orlando back in October for SC2 and had an absolute blast. I got to meet a bunch of pros and got their autographs plus some pictures. They also usually give you all the Dr.Pepper you can drink so you're never thirsty.

I would recommend going.

huh.

brian!

yeah I get what you're saying, it's just when I play rumble I feel like I am playing a perfect mix of skills and the option of the super dmg from overheating feels big. we'll see where rumbles at after the damage is nerfed

Q8D3vil

shame about lux nerf :/
no more finales motherfunkler

about yorick, that nerf was necessary, his sustain was too goooooood.

also, nerfing amumu while he is not used in competitive scene is a bit harsh :/
good thing no one build him ap anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom