• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
A likely story, corgi.

Anyway, I know some of you hated the Diana skin.

So here it is again:
xZQpyh.jpg

umnBYh.jpg

bjaelke

Don't care for her skin(s) but she plays amazingly. Hopefully they'll change the arc on her Q to switch between left and right bend on each cast.

Wrekt

Don't care for her skin(s) but she plays amazingly. Hopefully they'll change the arc on her Q to switch between left and right bend on each cast.

They already posted a response to that problem. They said that since she is more suited for jungling, she is just as likely to be clearing the bot lane brush as she would at top. They tossed around the idea of having it rotate arcs but preliminary tests frustrated players because of the inconsistency.

bjaelke

They already posted a response to that problem. They said that since she is more suited for jungling, she is just as likely to be clearing the bot lane brush as she would at top. They tossed around the idea of having it rotate arcs but preliminary tests frustrated players because of the inconsistency.

It's not about that post. It's about general gameplay experience. It would certainly provide a challenge if every second shot was left bend, but I can't see how it can be considered inconsistent.

scy

All I know is that I'm so looking forward to someone jungling with her every game for the first few days. Even if they don't know how to jungle. It'll be great.

Boken

Banned
All I know is that I'm so looking forward to someone jungling with her every game for the first few days. Even if they don't know how to jungle. It'll be great.

Ahaha I love this. I don't like jungling so whenever a new jungler comes out, I never have to worry!

New support period is great too. Until people try playing her middle and top and AD and jungle. Dammit Lulu.

garath

It's not about that post. It's about general gameplay experience. It would certainly provide a challenge if every second shot was left bend, but I can't see how it can be considered inconsistent.

The way they put it was in testing the players got frustrated with the additional "bookkeeping". Trying to remember exactly which way the arc is going is going to lead to the feeling of inconsistency. I can't say I disagree. I'd rather know exactly which way it's going to curve.

Ahaha I love this. I don't like jungling so whenever a new jungler comes out, I never have to worry!

New support period is great too. Until people try playing her middle and top and AD and jungle. Dammit Lulu.

I don't really like jungling but I really like Diana. I'll have to get back into the role lol

bjaelke

The way they put it was in testing the players got frustrated with the additional "bookkeeping". Trying to remember exactly which way the arc is going is going to lead to the feeling of inconsistency. I can't say I disagree. I'd rather know exactly which way it's going to curve.

Change the icon or have it displayed next to the buff similar to other skills that have "special" effects (Corki's R).

Blizzard

Banned
Corki's R has a special effect? I should look what Corki's R is and what it does. I just thought he flew around and shot bombs and maybe shreds armor with the gun.

That Diana skin is striking, but the armor doesn't seem very effective to me. Too much skin is exposed.

They could make a Luna skin for her, for all the My Little Pony fans.

bjaelke

Corki's R has a special effect? I should look what Corki's R is and what it does. I just thought he flew around and shot bombs and maybe shreds armor with the gun.
Every 4th rocket is a Big One*. The icon turns red to indicate that the Big One is the next rocket to be fired.

*More damage and splash.

scy

That Diana skin is striking, but the armor doesn't seem very effective to me. Too much skin is exposed.

Gaming has taught me this is how armor works.

Also, contrary to my earlier "lol bad junglers all day!" prediction, I'll be buying Diana day 1 anyway. Contributing to the bad jungler problem np.

Opiate

In addition to simply being too skimpy, most of these armors also protect the "wrong" places with the armor still left in tact.

Among the most vital areas to cover are the belly (viscera), face, and chest. The remaining armor instead covers arms, legs, and shoulders, which are of course not places you'd want to have hacked off, but are much less vital than the aforementioned areas.

In other words, the armor is both skimpy and ineffective at the same time.

garath

Also, contrary to my earlier "lol bad junglers all day!" prediction, I'll be buying Diana day 1 anyway. Contributing to the bad jungler problem np.

Frankly I'll probably take her top lane more than jungle initially.

scy

Pretty much as expected, to be honest.

Frankly I'll probably take her top lane more than jungle initially.

I'm more interested in her jungling honestly. But I think that's more because I've seen her jungling potential and not so much her laning. Either way, should be interesting.

Edit: Though there's about a 99% chance my first game with her will be in Dominion since that's all I've played recently.

In addition to simply being too skimpy, most of these armors also protect the "wrong" places with the armor still left in tact.

Among the most vital areas to cover are the belly (viscera), face, and chest. The remaining armor instead covers arms, legs, and shoulders, which are of course not places you'd want to have hacked off, but are much less vital than the aforementioned areas.

Impractical armor in my LoL?! Well, I never! :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Meanwhile in video games.
I don't like it either. She also isn't really building like a tank I think, from what I saw on the PBE, so she's pretty squishy for a jungler outside of her shield.

scy

So snagged... both skins are ace though.

Also I claimed her first, you guys got your stupid plant lady! She's not coming out today is she :(

I've bought every bundle that has released since I started. I imagine there's a good chance I'll just continue this trend :| Well, unless they finally release a champion that I don't think looks somewhat interesting.

Meanwhile in video games.
I don't like it either. She also isn't really building like a tank I think, from what I saw on the PBE, so she's pretty squishy for a jungler outside of her shield.

She seems like she'll be best for her mobility for ganks and her shield absorb (and her damage output) to let her safely jungle. I imagine she'll fold to counter jungle pressure but we'll see on that front. Just depends on where the AS/AP/Tank lines are drawn for her item build.

For the most part in the fantasy genre, the less armor a female has, the more she is protected.

I imagine it as some kind of barrier generated by how little clothing a female with modifiers based on creativity of cleavage.

Joking aside I don't really care that much about how much armor people wear in games, since the armor doesn't really do anything other than being a cosmetic thing.

Like very few games have armor physics where an attack will actually get deflected or reduced if it hits a piece of armor on your character. The usual case is armor gives bonus defensive stats completely separate from how the armor actually looks and attacks against your character are resolved as calculations completely ignoring that the guy hitting you is cutting you in half with his axe every time he attacks you.

I do find it interesting though when artists create female armor that looks good without having breasts all up in your face, like Saber from Fate Zero for example.

Ferrio

Banned
Lenneth from VP and Chris from Suikoden 3 have been my favorites when it comes to non-bikini armors. Really sets the standards.

Wrekt

The tribunal is such a piece of shit. I can't get through 3 cases without getting "Tribunal is in recess" error messages.

scy

The tribunal is such a piece of shit. I can't get through 3 cases without getting "Tribunal is in recess" error messages.

The Tribunal really makes me think that I've yet to run into anybody truly terrible. Some bad players and some rage, sure, but I honestly can't think of any truly terrible games.

Just seeing the chat logs in the Tribunal man. So bad.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't call people racial or homophobic slurs, which I suppose sets me above most of the LoL playerbase. :p But naturally I whine all game in chat as I feed kills to the enemy becuase I'm terrible.

But every once in a while the decent players make me feel bad, or when I get actually matched with a premade group that is decent and friendly. There was the Taric who level-1 ragequit last night after giving Zyra advice, and yet...Vlad happily crushed Darius top lane, went legendary, and was like 11/2. Udyr ran around in the jungle and wasn't terrible. Tristana was against the Ultimate Combo of Blitzcrank + Caitlyn...yet she didn't rage about Taric. She just sat under the turret alone, and was 2/0 after a bit, and eventually lost the turret, and at one point was alt-tabbed out for a minute or two back towards base...yet went like 9/2/whatever and helped us kill the nexus.

I want to give these players cookies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The Tribunal really makes me think that I've yet to run into anybody truly terrible. Some bad players and some rage, sure, but I honestly can't think of any truly terrible games.

Just seeing the chat logs in the Tribunal man. So bad.

LOL. seriously? Have you played with a 4 man pre that trolled you the entire game and refused to surrender?

Blizzard

Banned
Well there are other smurfs.
There used to be legends that if you started a smurf and smurfed it too well, the game would suspect that you're a smurf and put you in the smurfqueue so you'd just be smurfing other smurfs. That's funny if it's true.

garath

I don't call people racial or homophobic slurs, which I suppose sets me above most of the LoL playerbase. :p But naturally I whine all game in chat as I feed kills to the enemy becuase I'm terrible.

But every once in a while the decent players make me feel bad, or when I get actually matched with a premade group that is decent and friendly. There was the Taric who level-1 ragequit last night after giving Zyra advice, and yet...Vlad happily crushed Darius top lane, went legendary, and was like 11/2. Udyr ran around in the jungle and wasn't terrible. Tristana was against the Ultimate Combo of Blitzcrank + Caitlyn...yet she didn't rage about Taric. She just sat under the turret alone, and was 2/0 after a bit, and eventually lost the turret, and at one point was alt-tabbed out for a minute or two back towards base...yet went like 9/2/whatever and helped us kill the nexus.

I want to give these players cookies.

You've touched on one of my most desired features. A commend button. We can punish and punish and punish but how about commending the good ones? Not just the skilled guys but the ones who resist the rage and make the game better even in a loss. I know it can get complex attempting to reward players like this. There will need to be ways to prevent exploitation if there's a reward involved - i.e. only let recently played with people commend and no more than one commend from a person per week or something like that.

But really, positive reinforcement is a powerful thing. DOTA2 has it, LoL should too.

Well there are other smurfs.

I started a smurf to play with my friend who just started and I'll tell you, easily 25% of the players are smurfs and some of them quite good. Nothing worse than a jungling crit-plank in a room full of new players.

scy

LOL. seriously? Have you played with a 4 man pre that trolled you the entire game and refused to surrender?

Nope. At worst, I've had people who had bad item builds, I guess. Maybe a few disconnects or AFKs but I've won a few 5v4 games (and one 5v3, in what had to be the most depressing loss for the other side ever). I just haven't seen that many really hostile players or massive trolls.

Some rage, yeah, and some trolls ("stole my blue AFFKKKKK") but nothing like what I've seen over the last week or so of the Tribunal.

I started a smurf to play with my friend who just started and I'll tell you, easily 25% of the players are smurfs and some of them quite good. Nothing worse than a jungling crit-plank in a room full of new players.

I'm interested in seeing the low level brackets again. I kind of miss going like 30/0 on Riven :|

Ferrio

Banned
You've touched on one of my most desired features. A commend button. We can punish and punish and punish but how about commending the good ones? Not just the skilled guys but the ones who resist the rage and make the game better even in a loss. I know it can get complex attempting to reward players like this. There will need to be ways to prevent exploitation if there's a reward involved - i.e. only let recently played with people commend and no more than one commend from a person per week or something like that.

But really, positive reinforcement is a powerful thing. DOTA2 has it, LoL should too.

Been suggested many many times, but Riot has stated it'd be abused... which it probably would be.

Telaso

Banned

Whoa now, Riot has never performed any fan service. They are completely classy with all female character models.

If I wasnt at work i'd google something like "league of legends boobs" or something to prove myself wrong, but that might be hard to explain.......

sheesh, that's what runes are for man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom