• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Played a round of twitch post revamp.

Really disgusted by how they gutted the champion. Changed him from a burst stealth ganker into another dumb carry that needs farm before he can actually do anything.

They took out meaningful stealth from twitch, which to me was a core part of him. They should be adding more stealth champions, not taking them out. I'm not a huge fan of doing sweeping remakes of champions instead of tweaking some numbers. Each champ should have a unique spot in the game, they shouldn't be molded to fit only one of three roles (initiator, carry or support).
I feel rather the same way about Eve, though I haven't personally played her in 5v5 jungle since the update. The unique thing about her to me used to be the paranoia that she could be literally almost on top of you at any time for a gank, or that she could be spying in your bush without being seen. Since they got rid of that stealth element, however, her ganks are now presumably Udyr style with some added ward-evasion and ranged attacks. It's a little different but seems like more of a generic champion now, to me.

It was a crummy tournament. The picks were exceptionally safe and stale. The pool of picked champions is normally not worth bragging about at tournaments, but the variance in champions selected is pitiful for the ECC.

There wasn't very much in the way of mechanical skill to get worked up about, and there wasn't very much in the way of teamwork to ever impress. There was just nothing special about the level of play one bit. You could pick high ELO games in solo queue from a hat and wind up with more interesting games from the dozens upon dozens of great players most people never hear about.

The tournament was an embarrassment that paints the top European teams in an exceptionally poor light.

Why does it reflect on EU teams and not pro teams in general? At MLG TSM picked Kayle/Karthus/Graves/Janna almost every game. The only problem with EU tournaments is that they're on at 3am.

Also, SK's strong performance at ECC is notable even if you found the tournament boring. Now instead of three semi-good EU teams there may be a legitimate four.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why does it reflect on EU teams and not pro teams in general? At MLG TSM picked Kayle/Karthus/Graves/Janna almost every game. The only problem with EU tournaments is that they're on at 3am.
By the numbers Froggen picked Karthus in more than half of his games while Regi picked Karthus in fewer than half of his games, and this is after the Karthus nerfs. CLG EU also does things like run the same champ through multiple roles. They ran Alistar in about 2/3rds of their games. The same goes for champs like Malphite, who wound up in way too many games because of his strength as both a top laner and a jungler.
Also, SK's strong performance at ECC is notable even if you found the tournament boring. Now instead of three semi-good EU teams there may be a legitimate four.
To say SK had a "strong performance" is a joke. The other EU teams just threw harder. I don't know why anyone would defend the ECC. The games were terrible and all of the teams looked bad outside of M5 and some of CLG EU.

EXGN

Played a round of twitch post revamp.

Really disgusted by how they gutted the champion. Changed him from a burst stealth ganker into another dumb carry that needs farm before he can actually do anything.

They took out meaningful stealth from twitch, which to me was a core part of him. They should be adding more stealth champions, not taking them out. I'm not a huge fan of doing sweeping remakes of champions instead of tweaking some numbers. Each champ should have a unique spot in the game, they shouldn't be molded to fit only one of three roles (initiator, carry or support).

There was a whole post about reworked Twitch on the official forums and I couldn't help but agree. New Twitch is pretty bad. His laning is a slight bit better because of the longer range, but he just can't duel or burst like the other AD carries he is now supposed to be able to fight.

Someone like Graves or Corki can jump in an burst hard in an instant with just a few button presses. Twitch's AS steroid takes like two seconds to proc, and for expunge to do max damage, it takes at least four autoattack hits to maximize.

In comparison, Graves can dash in and do a full buckshot blast to the Twitch's face. He instantly has his AS boost and has just dealt like 320 damage at max level. Meanwhile, Twitch has to wait 2seconds for his stealth AS to proc and even at max level, his Expunge only does 290 damage at full charge.

The Twitch rework seems really weird in that in some ways they tried to make him more of a bot lane carry (longer range, higher base health) but at the same time, they made him inept because he has no way to trade with some of the most prevalent laners right now (Corki/Graves).

Twitch always had a god-like late game. Now it seems they nerfed his late game while not doing anything to his early game, outside of adding a bit more damage to his passive (since Expunge doesn't remove stacks).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh boy Ryze free week. I can finally try him out!

I just figure everyone's not aware. I mean if you play ranked, people are like DON'T HAVE SUPPORT, and you have to be all ALISTAR IS FREE and then they're all WUT. Or something.

It's easier to say you don't have support than to say you don't want to support.

XeroSauce

QDLB6.jpg

Corgi Corki

Corgi Corki

Would love that, the more corgi's in games the better! I want a corgi courier in dota 2 and this skin.

There was a whole post about reworked Twitch on the official forums and I couldn't help but agree. New Twitch is pretty bad. His laning is a slight bit better because of the longer range, but he just can't duel or burst like the other AD carries he is now supposed to be able to fight.

Someone like Graves or Corki can jump in an burst hard in an instant with just a few button presses. Twitch's AS steroid takes like two seconds to proc, and for expunge to do max damage, it takes at least four autoattack hits to maximize.

In comparison, Graves can dash in and do a full buckshot blast to the Twitch's face. He instantly has his AS boost and has just dealt like 320 damage at max level. Meanwhile, Twitch has to wait 2seconds for his stealth AS to proc and even at max level, his Expunge only does 290 damage at full charge.

The Twitch rework seems really weird in that in some ways they tried to make him more of a bot lane carry (longer range, higher base health) but at the same time, they made him inept because he has no way to trade with some of the most prevalent laners right now (Corki/Graves).

Twitch always had a god-like late game. Now it seems they nerfed his late game while not doing anything to his early game, outside of adding a bit more damage to his passive (since Expunge doesn't remove stacks).

I feel rather the same way about Eve, though I haven't personally played her in 5v5 jungle since the update. The unique thing about her to me used to be the paranoia that she could be literally almost on top of you at any time for a gank, or that she could be spying in your bush without being seen. Since they got rid of that stealth element, however, her ganks are now presumably Udyr style with some added ward-evasion and ranged attacks. It's a little different but seems like more of a generic champion now, to me.

Yeah I'm probably jumping the gun, I saw that official twitch feedback thread. I'm sure they'll tweak him more, I just miss his stealth. He's like my favorite old school hero besides garen (who I've replaced with darius now :p). I started playing league when they added morde so I kind of consider him one of the original heroes. No idea if he was in beta or not.

dimb

I watched the game. It was...yeah. At one point I got up and walked away and thought it would be over for sure but nope, twenty minutes later it's still going and nothing changed. I'm glad you won. Panth and Renekton really wanted to lose and your team was pretty bad at just grouping or realizing objectives exist.

Ken

At one point, Darius got mad that Renekton stole some of his minions and refused to ever be in team fights with us.

Blargh, started another ranked game and now I'm getting some "firewall is blocking the connection" error at the loading screen.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sorry about the d/c, the game keep crashing at 20-40%, one time I made it to 60% and it crashed me. I even restarted my computer, reinstalling the game now.

edit: bah just found out how bored I am w/o LoL, I just going to rewatch K-on isntead.

Achtius

Sorry about the d/c, the game keep crashing at 20-40%, one time I made it to 60% and it crashed me. I even restarted my computer, reinstalling the game now.

edit: bah just found out how bored I am w/o LoL, I just going to rewatch K-on isntead.

it's okay, i got first blood and third blood.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

o_O

...why?

Pancakes

What the hell is the context of your tag?!

Bish couldn't figure out what his name meant.

Because it is amazing work of art that define our generation, or even the human race.

It is fun, 100% positive, full of energy, never a sad moment.

Kinda like an optical anti-depression drug.

Happy moments wouldn't have any meaning without the sad moments.

dimb

Someone with more time than me compiled ECC stats.
Team: CLG.eu

Played eight games
Picked 14 unique champions
Average game length was around 37 minutes
Averaged a team score of 17.1 kills, 14.6 deaths, and 38.8 assists per game
Averaged 1,477 gold per minute
Picked both Alistar and Leona in 63% of their games, not necessarily at the same time
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27598307

Blizzard

Banned
Someone with more time than me compiled ECC stats.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27598307
*edit* I'm an idiot, the list isn't sorted by the number of unique champions. Other teams had 49, 23, 21, 21, 13, 12, 12, 11.

vlad48j6x.jpg

Just won a 4v5. Taric said he had won like 50 Zyra games in a row, had never lost, and was giving me advice (telling me to max Q instead of E for instance). He got jungle invaded and ganked while typing, and instantly ragequit like 2 minutes in. Tristana and Vlad somehow stayed patient and destroyed, while I tried to farm and occasionally feed Fizz. Nexus went down at 36 minutes.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Blizzard

Banned
Late night solo queue is the time of shame and crazy teams. My team was destroyed by AD guardian angel kennen ult + zyra jungle ult + nunu ult + ahri ult + graves ulting anything that was left. We tried to invade and shut down jungle zyra, but killed someone else for first blood so she started 1/0/1. Too strong. :(

Then I may have ended up with the same partial premade team that beat me queueing after that, and I didn't get to go mid, so I went zyra top again olaf. Olaf destroys me as all champions, but a crazy mundo on my team ganked him and chased him into a turret to give us first blood. After that, despite olaf having teleport, I built silly items and pretended I knew how to play heimerdinger and completely shut him down with the shooty plants. And then I finally stopped staying by myself and went by mid to steal a triple kill. It is fun to do well against a champion that crushed you earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom