• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

I have never seen an ezreal do well ever outside of streams. I mean they can get fed to legendary but they still don't play ezreal right mechanically.

People seem to think he is purely an ad caster and don't auto attack and take advantage of his damn good adc passive. I beat the crap out of every ezreal I run into in solo queue because all they do is waste their entire mana pool by spamming skills and when they come into team fights, most of them arcane shift to chase for low health targets.

What really annoys me is when ezreals rush triforce and don't take advantage of his early game. Triforce is the easiest way to get fed in lane and i see so many players just farm. If you're going to farm and not snowball off the triforce, don't bloody buy it.

This is why I dodge every single ezreal I see in my ranked games. Way too hard to carry a bad one.

Q8D3vil

I have never seen an ezreal do well ever outside of streams. I mean they can get fed to legendary but they still don't play ezreal right mechanically.

People seem to think he is purely an ad caster and don't auto attack and take advantage of his damn good adc passive. I beat the crap out of every ezreal I run into in solo queue because all they do is waste their entire mana pool by spamming skills and when they come into team fights, most of them arcane shift to chase for low health targets.

What really annoys me is when ezreals rush triforce and don't take advantage of his early game. Triforce is the easiest way to get fed in lane and i see so many players just farm. If you're going to farm and not snowball off the triforce, don't bloody buy it.

This is why I dodge every single ezreal I see in my ranked games. Way too hard to carry a bad one.
are you mistaking ezrael for vayne ?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really think Ezreal is probably the best AD carry right now. Great damage, great range, great mobility, and even utility. He essentially gets up to 50% free attack speed while slowing down enemy attack speed by up to 40%. That's insane, especially if you combo him with a support like Nunu.

Ferga

are you mistaking ezrael for vayne ?

People know how to play vayne in 1400-1500s. But the ezreal gameplay is just terribad.

I'm glad pulsefire ezreal came out. I'm pretty sure it was one of the major reasons why I got back up to gold. Stomping all the PFEs game after game.

And that last aram game where I was wukong and had soraka, taric, swain and ashe. We got one IP for it. Too strong.

Boken

Banned
It was a crummy tournament. The picks were exceptionally safe and stale. The pool of picked champions is normally not worth bragging about at tournaments, but the variance in champions selected is pitiful for the ECC.

There wasn't very much in the way of mechanical skill to get worked up about, and there wasn't very much in the way of teamwork to ever impress. There was just nothing special about the level of play one bit. You could pick high ELO games in solo queue from a hat and wind up with more interesting games from the dozens upon dozens of great players most people never hear about.

The tournament was an embarrassment that paints the top European teams in an exceptionally poor light.
Most Angry

TSM almost lost to CLG NA and CLG EU. There were also many other close games between other teams. There are a number of good NA teams. EU has like two teams that are even worth talking about right now, and one of those teams isn't very reliable in LAN settings in all honesty.
Sure, there aren't very many powerhouse EU teams, but CLGeu beats CLGna and M5 beats TSM so WHATEVS BRO.

If the two EU teams arent worth talking about then nobody is, and I'm sure you don't follow the korean/chinese/SEA scene.

Feature

Banned
These top EU teams crush the NA teams , even with their boring play. Why would they pick other heroes than the ones that are the best at this time for their style of play? To amuse you? I would like to see the NA teams' picks. They would be the exact same thing. Only the asian teams can come up with crazy shit, the NA and EU teams play it safe, and the EU teams are better at it than the NA teams.

EXGN

These top EU teams crush the NA teams , even with their boring play. Why would they pick other heroes than the ones that are the best at this time for their style of play? To amuse you? I would like to see the NA teams' picks. They would be the exact same thing. Only the asian teams can come up with crazy shit, the NA and EU teams play it safe, and the EU teams are better at it than the NA teams.

CLG's promote Nunu? Triple support Dignitas? I don't agree with the initial premise that EU teams pick boring champions (Urgot was considered trash until EU played him), but NA is just as - if not more - diverse.

We really need champ elimination. If it's best of three, champs you use cannot be used for the latter rounds. It would also make bans much more interesting.

Blizzard

Banned
Did Acrid die.
Alcohol poisoning? :( But seriously, hopefully he's okay.

People don't understand the concept of trading.
I am probably one of those people since I haven't played Caitlyn in forever. My fear is that if I try to autoattack and run away, Caitlyn's really slow (nerfed months ago) movement speed will mean someone like Graves will dash forwards and get in a bunch of attacks during the amount of time I could get in one (plus he'd have a fast shotgun and a boosted attack speed). Or, I'd be afraid I would try to autoattack, but it takes so long for the autoattack animation to finish that the enemy Soraka would silence me and prevent me from E'ing backwards to escape the trade, at which point 4-5 enemy champions would gank me from the river or something.

On a slightly more serious note, I had Zyra vs Morde and Zyra vs Heimer games recently. Such enormous farm battles. D:

dimb

These top EU teams crush the NA teams , even with their boring play.
Not really worth arguing over this point that much, but they really don't. As more mixed tournaments come up it'll become more apparent one way or the other, but for now NA teams still have the results on their side. M5 have been on an upswing and continue to improve, but CLG EU looks like a mess outside of Froggen.
Why would they pick other heroes than the ones that are the best at this time for their style of play? To amuse you?
Do they really pick what they're best at? Froggen ran Karthus with his other more played mages open because...? These guys are playing too safe, and not only did it hurt many teams this tournaments but it will hurt them coming up in the future. SK is like a joke and they came in third, which seemed to surprise even them.

The number of strong champions just completely forgotten about is laughable. Twisted Fate got picked once. Olaf was run once. Nocturne was pretty much completely forgotten. Ryze didn't get picked at all. I'm pretty sure Morgana didn't get grabbed even though she's falling off at high level play. Skarner didn't show up at all. Blitzcrank wasn't seen at all in spite of the huge surge in popularity he's had, which is even funnier when he does so well against Sona, who unfortunately reemerged at ECC.
I would like to see the NA teams' picks.
Not even true. MLG League Arena comes up in four days, but watch any of the online stuff going on lately with NA teams. The quality of the games is higher and a step ahead of what was at ECC, and the picks are more diverse.
If the two EU teams arent worth talking about then nobody is, and I'm sure you don't follow the korean/chinese/SEA scene.
The only teams worse than Euro teams are Asian teams. I'll wait until Blaze, Frost, and Startale show up in more international settings, but for now it's hard to recognize the Asian scene.

scy

The number of strong champions just completely forgotten about is laughable. Twisted Fate got picked once. Olaf was run once. Nocturne was pretty much completely forgotten. Ryze didn't get picked at all. I'm pretty sure Morgana didn't get grabbed even though she's falling off at high level play. Skarner didn't show up at all. Blitzcrank wasn't seen at all in spite of the huge surge in popularity he's had, which is even funnier when he does so well against Sona, who unfortunately reemerged at ECC.

Ryze isn't as good as he used to be by mere virtue of the changing meta. People know how to play against him better and there's better picks. TF wasn't in as many games as he could have been but I think it's more that Froggen doesn't play TF a lot. Blitzcrank is more of an NA popularity surge while EU has more traditional supports.

The only teams worse than Euro teams are Asian teams. I'll wait until Blaze, Frost, and Startale show up in more international settings, but for now it's hard to recognize the Asian scene.

Humorously enough, many of the players that came back from Korea seem to recognize that the skill bracket is basically Korea on top and EU and NA more-or-less equal. We'll see how that goes when they actually start showing up vs the NA/EU teams.

dimb

Blitzcrank was the fifth most picked champion in plat level EUW games over the weekend. Ryze is still really strong, but Zyra is going to really become a thing at this rate and push him out because her range stomps on him.

Boken

Banned
Not really worth arguing over this point that much, but they really don't. As more mixed tournaments come up it'll become more apparent one way or the other, but for now NA teams still have the results on their side. M5 have been on an upswing and continue to improve, but CLG EU looks like a mess outside of Froggen.

Old results from months ago mean nothing. So I don't get where you get this all from. Because these are the current results: CLGeu beats clgna who can give tsm a run for their money. M5 has beaten tsm and I'd put money on them doing it again. And on point, Dignitas just beat TSM and they themselves got smashed in Korea.

Now I know you're not the one to pretend to be ignorant to annoy people so I think you're just being wilfully stubborn about your real ignorance. Yes it's best to wait for a true international event to make a final judgement, but to pretend that the world hasn't moved on from whatever information you're using is just being naive.

scy

Blitzcrank was the fifth most picked champion in plat level EUW games over the weekend.

General popularity is one thing but I wouldn't equate it to pro matches yet. Give them some time to get to that level of familiarity with them as well. Though, I do agree it was a little surprising to not see him.

Ryze is still really strong, but Zyra is going to really become a thing at this rate and push him out because her range stomps on him.

It's more that Ryze has a general weakness of being bad at pushing his lane due to his kit. He's easy to force back to tower and roam. This lets mid be an aggressive roamer and many of the popular picks can do this. He's still solid, he's just not first (or early) pick solid due to these shortcomings.

Kind of like what happens when you first pick Kassadin. You're gonna get countered.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
In Australia, there's a restaurant called "pancakes on the rocks"

I don't think I'll be able to survive the giant spiders and vicious koalas on the way there.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Zyra isn't picked that often yet. Usually pros are wary of choosing newly released champs in tournaments because their inter quirks haven't been figured out or because they don't know where she belongs in comps and such. So yeah.

Ferrio

Banned
See her constantly in the spectate matches window on the client. Won't be long I assume. Why isn't it tuesday? Need my diana.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Didn't they say that they would slow down champion releases after champ 100? I could've sworn I remember seeing a red post about that.

kayos90

Didn't they say that they would slow down champion releases after champ 100? I could've sworn I remember seeing a red post about that.

Yes I did. I wouldn't mind if they kept pumping out but after having said that, this is the complete opposite of slowing down. The fuck.

Ferrio

Banned
Hrm just read an interesting thread on the lol forums that brings up a good point. Diana's usefulness is determined by what team she's on due to her angle on her skillshot. It's a lot more useful laning/ganking on top if she's purple. Visa versa for bot when on the blue team.

Blizzard

Banned
I asked about this a few pages back in this thread but didn't see any answer, so I guess they will keep going with a champion every 2 weeks or so.

Pancakes

I won't be able to complete my champion collection at this rate. :(

Join the dark side...

1l90fm.jpg

dimb

Old results from months ago mean nothing. So I don't get where you get this all from. Because these are the current results: CLGeu beats clgna who can give tsm a run for their money. M5 has beaten tsm and I'd put money on them doing it again. And on point, Dignitas just beat TSM and they themselves got smashed in Korea.

Now I know you're not the one to pretend to be ignorant to annoy people so I think you're just being wilfully stubborn about your real ignorance. Yes it's best to wait for a true international event to make a final judgement, but to pretend that the world hasn't moved on from whatever information you're using is just being naive.
Those were the last major LAN events. X team beating Y team that beat Z team doesn't mean X team is better than Z team.

Dignitas got smashed in Korea because everything was a mess for them there. Dominate was sick the whole time, and they aren't even the same team now since they just picked up Patoy like a week ago.
Zyra isn't picked that often yet. Usually pros are wary of choosing newly released champs in tournaments because their inter quirks haven't been figured out or because they don't know where she belongs in comps and such. So yeah.
Zyra is already showing up in competitive play like a week after she came out. She will be in tournaments if they run a patch with Zyra and she isn't nerfed super hard or something.
Kind of like what happens when you first pick Kassadin. You're gonna get countered.
The same could be said for almost all AP mids.

scy

Hrm just read an interesting thread on the lol forums that brings up a good point. Diana's usefulness is determined by what team she's on due to her angle on her skillshot. It's a lot more useful laning/ganking on top if she's purple. Visa versa for bot when on the blue team.

I had assumed the angle was slightly controllable so this situation didn't happen. Is it really always arcing on top? Hahaha, oh wow.

Those were the last major LAN events. X team beating Y team that beat Z team doesn't mean X team is better than Z team.

Dignitas got smashed in Korea because everything was a mess for them there. Dominate was sick the whole time, and they aren't even the same team now since they just picked up Patoy like a week ago.

While true, the one thing that they did get from it was an idea about the mechanical skill level of the players. It's really, really high. What happens when matches happen is another thing entirely, though.

And Ryze's biggest strength was his relatively neutral level. He was a solid early pick and that's not really the case anymore. That's all.

kayos90

Zyra is already showing up in competitive play like a week after she came out. She will be in tournaments if they run a patch with Zyra and she isn't nerfed super hard or something.

I never said she wasn't played. Just not as much.

Played a round of twitch post revamp.

Really disgusted by how they gutted the champion. Changed him from a burst stealth ganker into another dumb carry that needs farm before he can actually do anything.

They took out meaningful stealth from twitch, which to me was a core part of him. They should be adding more stealth champions, not taking them out. I'm not a huge fan of doing sweeping remakes of champions instead of tweaking some numbers. Each champ should have a unique spot in the game, they shouldn't be molded to fit only one of three roles (initiator, carry or support).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom