• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balb

What do you guys think of Varus? He's got a David Bowie thing going on that I really like, but other than that no idea.

He's a bad combination of Miss Fortune, Caitlyn and Ashe. He's not terrible by any means but there are better ADCs out there.

Volimar

He's a bad combination of Miss Fortune, Caitlyn and Ashe. He's not terrible by any means but there are better ADCs out there.

His blight(?) makes clearing dragon solo at low levels pretty quick. In hard engages though, you rarely get the chance to maximize the stacks. I like his CC from E and R.

Q8D3vil

What do you guys think of Varus? He's got a David Bowie thing going on that I really like, but other than that no idea.

boring as fuck, draven is the real deal.
scumbag riot need to stop releasing tons adc because they dont need to balance the shit out of them.

Shredder?

shen.jpg

Ken

Sprinkle water on Zyra.

HMMM.

Tempted to make it my avatar but I already have this fantastic one from another gaffer.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sprinkle water on Zyra.

HMMM.

Tempted to make it my avatar but I already have this fantastic one from another gaffer.

Where is that character from? I know I've seen her before. Persona?

Low mobility ADC with no real escape besides his ult =/. Play Corki or Graves if you want a good ADC.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Probably one of my favorite ADC to play but he's definitely not top tier. His ult is crazy good for fights and his Q is pretty neat but other than that there are better champions to play like Kog or Graves. His W stacks and extra damage is really good for lvl 1-3 fights.

Ferrio

Banned
Sprinkle water on Zyra.

HMMM.

OMG just googled it... it's by the same guy that did the carrot riven isn't it?

edit: Nope it isn't... wow that akali picture. Like the art style. Too bad the riven and fiora are meh.

kayos90

Today I played with a shaco jungle. Unfortunately we lost. Enemy udyr jungle camped bot all day and let me get zoned. MF ended up having 60+ more cs. And shaco ganked only twice, both failure. *sigh*

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed that I know what game that screenshot is from.

Varus is one of the better AD carries in the game. Problem is nobody plays him right.

He NEEDS magic pen to be effective. Don't max Q in lane. It's minimally effective in harassment. W is your main tool.

For masteries do not go all the way down in the offensive tree.

http://solomid.net/masteries.php#1300440411010000000224021000000000000000000000000

I know it looks funny, but the magic penetration is HUGE for your damage.

What you want to do is constantly trade autoattacks. Last hit a minion for the AS buff, get two quick AAs in, then back up and hit them with a spell to detonate the blight.

Early-mid game there are only two ADs that can beat you in a trade: Corki and Draven. Graves will win if he gets a close range buckshot off.

You need to get a good support to help you with this goal. Nunu synergizes well with Varus as you can get all three stacks on fast and detonate for at least 30% health every time. If not him, Soraka will give you a heal every time you trade and silence your opponent so they can't get any big damage casts off before you retreat. Other than them, Lulu is actually pretty decent and so is Janna.

Once your opponent is at about 40-50%, go all in. Hit them with a few AAs, arrow rain if they have a healing support to stop it, then AA again and ult them. They will be dead in the next few seconds.

Not the easiest AD to play because he requires a VERY specific mindset and a support that knows what you re doing, but his damage output mid game is nuts. He does not drop off late game at all and his ult can end games if it hits the right targets.

Now I don't feel like playing Hecarim anymore.

Feels like if I play really well with a certain champion and consistently get high scores, I need to stop otherwise I will start doing poorly somehow, so as not to stain my good record with said champion.

Volimar

Feels like if I play really well with a certain champion and consistently get high scores, I need to stop otherwise I will start doing poorly somehow, so as not to stain my good record with said champion.

Yeah, that must suck....

Ken

Good thing I never play well with any champion.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed that I know what game that screenshot is from.
Ashamed. Always ashamed, forever alone...

Varus is one of the better AD carries in the game. Problem is nobody plays him right.

He NEEDS magic pen to be effective. Don't max Q in lane. It's minimally effective in harassment. W is your main tool.

http://solomid.net/masteries.php#1300440411010000000224021000000000000000000000000

What you want to do is constantly trade autoattacks. Last hit a minion for the AS buff, get two quick AAs in, then back up and hit them with a spell to detonate the blight.

Early-mid game there are only two ADs that can beat you in a trade: Corki and Draven. Graves will win if he gets a close range buckshot off.

You need to get a good support to help you with this goal. Nunu synergizes well with Varus as you can get all three stacks on fast and detonate for at least 30% health every time. If not him, Soraka will give you a heal every time you trade and silence your opponent so they can't get any big damage casts off before you retreat. Other than them, Lulu is actually pretty decent and so is Janna.

Once your opponent is at about 40-50%, go all in. Hit them with a few AAs, arrow rain if they have a healing support to stop it, then AA again and ult them. They will be dead in the next few seconds.

Not the easiest AD to play because he requires a VERY specific mindset and a support that knows what you re doing, but his damage output mid game is nuts. He does not drop off late game at all and his ult can end games if it hits the right targets.
Nice to see someone actually likes the poor guy :)

Might try him next time he goes on free week.

kayos90

Ashamed. Always ashamed, forever alone...

Nice to see someone actually likes the poor guy :)

Might try him next time he goes on free week.

lol. I used him the most on LoLGAF when he first came out. He isn't the best but he's definitely not the worst. Honestly, people don't choose him because they find other carries to be much more worthwhile. Hence why we still see Graves and Ashe a lot.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
lol. I used him the most on LoLGAF when he first came out. He isn't the best but he's definitely not the worst.
I dunno. Varus really might be the worst AD carry choice. Very inconsistent kit. I haven't played him to really say though.

dimb

Meh. I'd rather take Varus over Caitlyn or Draven. Though Draven has a BA laning phase.
uxNZH.jpg

Draven should not be doubted. He probably has the highest potential damage output of any character in the game. Caitlyn at least has some utility, her range, some form of mobility and positioning, and a crazy late game.

XeroSauce

uxNZH.jpg

Draven should not be doubted. He probably has the highest potential damage output of any character in the game. Caitlyn at least has some utility, her range, some form of mobility and positioning, and a crazy late game.

Caitlyn does not have a late-game that's nearly as good as almost any other carry with a steroid.

scy

I dunno. Varus really might be the worst AD carry choice. Very inconsistent kit. I haven't played him to really say though.

He has some useful stuff in his kit but it feels like nothing stands out as truly being great. But I haven't seen any really good Varus players either.

That said, I would have him over Caitlyn for the most part. But, then again ... cupcakes man. Cupcakes.

dimb

Patch notes out: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/early-august-patch-notes
Diana, Scorn of the Moon

Pending the completion of some further testing on PBE, Diana will be released at a future date

Amumu

Cursed Touch (Passive)
Duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
Tantrum
Mana cost reduced to 35 from 50
Bandage Toss
Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.0
Curse of the Sad Mummy
Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.8 from 1.0

Brand

Pyroclasm
Missile Speed increased to 1000 from 800
Missile Speed no longer increases when hitting ablaze targets
If Pyroclasm strikes an ablaze target, the next bounce will now prioritize champions

Cho'gath

General
Magic Resist per level increased to 1.25
Attack Range normalized to 125 from 130
Rupture
Cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.672
Delay normalized to 0.625 seconds from 0.5 - 0.75
Feral Scream
Cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds from 0.6417
Vorpal Spikes
Width now increases based on Cho'gath's size
Feast
Now grants Cho'gath up to 50 additional Attack Range, based on Feast rank and amount of stacks
Cast time normalized to 0.5 seconds from 0.43
Range increased to 150 from 100

Evelynn

General
Recommended items on Summoner's Rift now include Boots of Mobility
Shadow Walk (Passive)
Restealth duration reduced to 6 seconds from 8
Dealing periodic damage (ie: Ignite) no longer prevents her from restealthing
Agony's Embrace
Cooldown reduced to 120/100/80 seconds from 150/120/90

Hecarim

Devastating Charge
Now more responsive when colliding with opponents
Initial Movement Speed bonus increased to 25% from 0% (still reaches max speed at the same time)
Onslaught of Shadows
Enemy flee speed is now higher based on how close the enemy is to Hecarim

Janna

Zephyr
Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.6 from 0.8
Fixed: Janna will no longer sometimes retain the passive bonuses while Zephyr is on cooldown

Lulu

Wild Growth
Fixed: Now completes its effects even if the allied target was about to take lethal damage at the time of casting

Rammus

General
Now gains 1.25 Magic Resist per level

Rumble

Junkyard Titan (Passive)
Danger Zone damage bonus reduced to 25% from 30%
Flamespitter
Damage reduced to 90/160/230/300/370 from 90/180/270/360/450
Fixed: Flamespitter no longer lasts slightly longer than intended

Twitch

General
Base Attack Damage increased to 52 from 50
Venom Cask
Missile Speed increased to 1400 from 1300

Urgot

Acid Hunter
Damage adjusted back to 10/40/70/100/130 (+0.85 total Attack Damage) from 50/80/110/140/170 (+1.2 bonus Attack Damage)

Xin Zhao

General
Base Attack Damage reduced to 55.3 from 59
Attack Damage per level increased to 3.3 from 3
Audacious Charge
Damage reduced to 70/110/150/190/230 from 70/115/160/205/250

Yorick

Omen of Famine
Ravenous Ghoul will only heal Yorick for 50% the damage it deals to minions
Omen of Death
Fixed: The Revenant no longer instantly dies upon casting Omen of Death on an allied Evelynn

Proving Grounds

Repositioned Health Relics so players are less likely to unintentionally walk through them
Adjusted Nexus turrets
Nexus turrets reduced from two to one
Nexus turrets now have an additional 20 Armor, 800 Health, and 30 base Attack Damage
Experience curve adjusted so that levels 14-18 take slightly longer to reach

General

You can now reset the current audio configuration back to defaults from the audio options menu
Battle Training
The "Buy Boots" quest will now properly fire
The "Defeat the Lizard Elder" and "Defeat the Ancient Golem" quests will now properly fire when playing as Ashe
The tip regarding Champion Ultimate Abilities will now show up properly when playing as Ashe
Soraka Bot and Nasus Bot will no longer get stuck
Updated several Champion art assets including splash art and icons for various Mordekaiser, Cassiopeia, Kassadin, Ezreal, and Ashe skins
Fixed: Summoner's Insight now correctly works with Promote (now correctly grants bonus defensive stats)
Fixed: Custom game bots now lane properly when allied players are jungling
Updated tooltips for Ahri, Annie, Jarvan IV, Leona, Lux and Morgana

New Tribunal Feature

Players punished by the Tribunal will now be e-mailed a "Reform Card" which gives additional details about their case

dimb

Caitlyn does not have a late-game that's nearly as good as almost any other carry with a steroid.
To begin with, Caitlyn does have a steroid. It's her passive. It's crazy late game because it will go off all the time with a high attack speed and it hits for obscene amounts of damage. It's similar to Corki really but with bigger burst. Attack Speed steroids are most valuable in lane trades and in mid game, but with a full build up they're not really as essential. Caitlyn has an amazing and undervalued late game because of how weak her mid game is.

Unrelated, but Cho'gath got way overbuffed. Dude is going to be everywhere.

Repositioned Health Relics so players are less likely to unintentionally walk through them

Finally. REALLY annoying when someone just clicks to where the battle is happening, but not noticing that they're walking over every health relic.

Nexus turrets reduced from two to one

why

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
His blight(?) makes clearing dragon solo at low levels pretty quick. In hard engages though, you rarely get the chance to maximize the stacks. I like his CC from E and R.

Yeah his W is where you get all of your real damage from, but it's hard to stack maximize in 5 on 5 team fights if another team really pushes the engage and you get focused.

Probably one of my favorite ADC to play but he's definitely not top tier. His ult is crazy good for fights and his Q is pretty neat but other than that there are better champions to play like Kog or Graves. His W stacks and extra damage is really good for lvl 1-3 fights.

His W is the main damage dealer and if applied to full stacks can actually out damage most of the other ad carriers in game 1 v 1 especially early on.

I've tried this and agree. I've played Varus has my main AD Carry Wise, and it's all about that extra magic damage from the W. That's your main damage source. I'd agree with the magic penetration.

Problem I have is his W doesn't synergize well with what an AD carry usually is. Makes it hard to not try and get hybrid runes as well as items. That gimps him IMO compared to other AD top tier characters. Also means he falls off to an extent late game. There just aren't any easy fixes to this IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom