• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
You have to be really fed to get there, and you're still potentially vulnerable to someone bursting you down, but yes high attack speed Caitlyn can do like 1200-1500 crits with headshots if I recall correctly.

About those patch notes, the Eve buff sounds reasonable. The ult cooldown was REALLY long.

And that "Base Attack Damage increased to 52 from 50" change to Twitch is going to really help him, yessir.

Heavy Urgot ability nerf? Wasn't Urgot just...heavily nerfed a week or two ago?

Headshot doesn't proc crit. It works kinda like Nasus Q: the entire attack procs lifesteal, your AD can crit but not the bonus damage by Q.

Urgot was reverted. Never really bothered doing that math since I only played him twice, but apparently when his Q scaled off bonus AD, it required that he build more glass cannon instead of semi tanky. It still doesn't fix the ultra heavy nerf on his ranges though.

Q8D3vil

To begin with, Caitlyn does have a steroid. It's her passive. It's crazy late game because it will go off all the time with a high attack speed and it hits for obscene amounts of damage. It's similar to Corki really but with bigger burst. Attack Speed steroids are most valuable in lane trades and in mid game, but with a full build up they're not really as essential. Caitlyn has an amazing and undervalued late game because of how weak her mid game is.

Unrelated, but Cho'gath got way overbuffed. Dude is going to be everywhere.

how else are they going to sell his new awesome skin.

i think caitlyn is one of the best adc for solo quo because you dont need to depend on your team mate that much to protect you end game like some other lower range adc.

Are there also computer shops in the US where students rent PCs usually to just play games?

I really hate them. They're prevalent in our country. 25% of the losses in my match history right now are because people left. One game I had a Tryn go 2/11, then said "GUYS, MY TIME'S ALMOST UP, ALL MID NAO" by the 20 mins mark. I was really irked because I was Singed getting fed (5/1/x) by a really bad Yi who won't even harass with Alpha Strike. The Yi just couldn't farm and I kept him at low health. We promptly lost because we can't push mid hard enough, got aced twice because of it then Tryn left.

Why the f bother playing another game when you only have 15-20 minutes left? Leave room for an hour!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are there also computer shops in the US where students rent PCs usually to just play games?
Yes we have internet cafes. Not as prevalent as China or Korea though, since more Americans can afford gaming rigs. The ones that are tend to be, surprise, Chinese/Korean managed in densely Asian areas.

To begin with, Caitlyn does have a steroid. It's her passive. It's crazy late game because it will go off all the time with a high attack speed and it hits for obscene amounts of damage. It's similar to Corki really but with bigger burst. Attack Speed steroids are most valuable in lane trades and in mid game, but with a full build up they're not really as essential. Caitlyn has an amazing and undervalued late game because of how weak her mid game is.

You. You are the man.

Yeah, Caitlyn's lategame is seriously undervalued. I've hit 1300-1500 damage with about 4 items. Her burst potential is amazing, and her traps can be seriously useful zoning tools during a siege (on either side). Net is also really, really good, especially with a teammate around. 50% slow, goes over walls, and knocks you away.

Her Q sucks, though. Should do bonus damage against one target, or require no windup. :(

Q8D3vil

Yes we have internet cafes. Not as prevalent as China or Korea though, since more Americans can afford gaming rigs. The ones that are tend to be, surprise, Chinese/Korean managed in densely Asian areas.
LoL doesnt need a gaming rig in the first place, it can work with most of the 5 yrs old laptops/pc's out there.

but i gotta say that i love playing it 120fps on my rig :p

Wow, I feel Riot's reasoning for changing Lux's ult name is pretty poor.

Considering the first reason listed, the names of Ghostblade and Lantern will also share the same fate.

bjaelke

-100 lol.

JSQBk.png

I dunno. Varus really might be the worst AD carry choice. Very inconsistent kit. I haven't played him to really say though.

Well I have, and he's anything but inconsistent. He's fine.

Meh. I'd rather take Varus over Caitlyn or Draven. Though Draven has a BA laning phase.

Draven is really, really good but he's also extremely hard to play. If you win your lane, you can carry pretty damn hard. He also take down objectives super fast.

daxy

Wow. That Brand buff. I lost my shit when I saw that. I could not be happier about this. Brand has been among my favorite champs since I started and unless they undo this or nerf him in other fields I'll be playing him more than ever.

EXGN

Man, I forgot how big a force Nunu can be in the jungle. Start Boots, pot + ward, steal enemy wraith and ward bush, get blue, get red, wait for enemy jungler to cross ward and take a look at their life - if they're low, try to kill them, if they aren't, make a play for their red.

I would say Nunu can kill 75 percent of junglers that start blue by the time they get to red. He absolutely wrecks opposing jungles. His kit is just so perfect for counter jungling - consumer keeps him topped off, blood boil gets him in and out and snowball prevents them from escaping.

garath

Wow. That Brand buff. I lost my shit when I saw that. I could not be happier about this. Brand has been among my favorite champs since I started and unless they undo this or nerf him in other fields I'll be playing him more than ever.

Absolutely. I keep forgetting about Brand. I love playing him. This will be even nicer.

Wow, I feel Riot's reasoning for changing Lux's ult name is pretty poor.

Considering the first reason listed, the names of Ghostblade and Lantern will also share the same fate.
I think they have good reasoning but the new name is still stupid.

They need to just make it "Laser".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Morde is like one of the only new art portraits added that's actually good.

XeroSauce

Her passive essentially boils down to 108% per attack if you are constantly autoing. That's the simplest way to calculate it versus other steroid based carries, and that simply falls flat compared to Vayne, Tristana, and Graves, even MF.

Compared to utility carries like Ashe, Caitlyn is very strong but her CC can be very unrealible in poke fights/team fights.

Caitlyn's place is in lane, where she completely dominates those with less range and low CC supports, and even Riot has acknowledged that they will not buff her late game because she fills that niche role.

I used to play only Caitlyn, and she needs to be completely fed to be able to do consistent damage and poke against other carries like Ezreal, Graves, and Corki.

Ferrio

Banned
All better choices.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't pronounce it all that well, but it at least had some personality, and everybody just calls it DA LASER anyways. New name just breaks my heart :3

I googled about lux and laser, and got this

UWK0R.jpg

XenodudeX

Just got knocked down to 1189 elo due to our asshole Cait refusing to fight at the last minute. I think I'm done with ranked, as it's fucking impossible to get out of elo hell due to being grouped up with frucking trolls all the time.

Blizzard

Banned
Just got knocked down to 1189 elo due to our asshole Cait refusing to fight at the last minute. I think I'm done with ranked, as it's fucking impossible to get out of elo hell due to being grouped up with frucking trolls all the time.
1200 is default elo -- what's your boundaries for elo hell? Try 700-800 elo for a while. :p And a loss shouldn't affect you more than 13 elo, so there's only so much that Caitlyn could do to you.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dang, Cheerleader Ashe splash art really did make it in.

Sad day.
What's worse is that it replaces one of the best splash arts in the game, one that managed sexy without resulting to skimpy outfits of all things! But huh, tits.

I dread this patch more than the a-week-without-LoL one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom