• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
-Because shaco dominates people in solo queue with his mind games and assholeness.
-because not enough shaco out there so every body forgot how to play against him
-small sample space of shaco and fiddle players
-gold players can't handle fiddle

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
-Because shaco dominates people in solo queue with his mind games and assholeness.
-because not enough shaco out there so every body forgot how to play against him
-small sample space of shaco and fiddle players
-gold players can't handle fiddle
Also, statistically the way these champions will work is that a smaller more dedicated group of players will stick to them. As a contrast, Ezreal is showing up in almost half of all games while still managing to keep an very impressive winrate. That's pretty crazy.

Someone like Fiddlesticks is also used as a counterpick, so he's more likely to show up in games where he has an advantage against the enemy team.

Dianna seems pretty goddamn op also. 310 base shield with 0.8 ratio (if it refreshes) that also does damage? 20 to 12 s cooldown ult gap closer with no cooldown double cast for 220 + 0.6 EACH? 440 + 1.2 with the double cast wtf. 20 - 12 s ult cooldown WTF. Double gap closer + pull + slow. Plus a good aoe Q with 6s cooldown and 0.8 ratio for just 55 mana? And 0.6 ratio on the passive?

I just laned against her with Ahri, I was like 50% more cs because she sucked and I picked up a kill roaming bot. Later went back to lane, both of us had bought should be pretty comfortable with that gold lead. I had to ult not to die. Her ult comes back in 20s, mine 110s. WTF. Pretty broken.

I don't want to switch to Dota2 but if Zyra and Dianna is Riot'ss idea of balance then Dota2 starts to look pretty good.

Ken

I forgot how wonderful ranked solo queue is.

BTW it's Malphite bottom and Blitzcrank top because CLAN MEMBERS STICK TOGETHER.

y2dvd

I haven't been able to play for almost 2 weeks. The last time I went that long without playing, I was so bad my elo dropped by a few hundreds. @_@ Gotta get a new pc or something because not being able to play is killing me. I'm actually stepping outside the house n shit!

Roybr

The transfer to the brazil server was free if i wanted too, i would retain my elo, skins, runes and etc.
And even get some skins and ip boots. But no! Part of the fun is in the community and the people that i play so im gonna stick to the US server and create a new one on the BR. Cant wait for the 5v5 mordekaiser patch

XeroSauce

Varus is fun but man I make a terrible ADC. I think I instinctively smartcasted his Q (and consequently not charging it up) like 10 times...

That's okay if you are using it to proc the Blight very quickly in a teamfight/skirmish.

Q should only be charged to do harass under their tower/poke.

How are you guys building Diana?

For jungling I've started regrowth-philo + boots to gunblade. From there I'm not sure where to go. Rylai's is great but I also I think Lich bane is worth it too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

For jungling I've started regrowth-philo + boots to gunblade. From there I'm not sure where to go. Rylai's is great but I also I think Lich bane is worth it too.

Build her like Jax probably... Idk.... I haven't played her yet.

scy

I want to try AP Attack Speed. Regrowth->Philo + Boots -> Malady -> Nashor's sort of thing. Doubt it'll work out in the long run, though.

Been mostly using Dominion to get a feel for her kit and there is mainly AP builds. Need to get to playing more Rift games :|

garath

Gunblade? Hmm. That could work. I'm going to play her first time tonight. I would probably go boots/3 to philo to revolver to Rabadon's as a start. Then maybe frozen heart.

I can see lich bane working, but I don't think I'd rush it. Just thoughts, haven't played her yet.

Bottom line, lots of AP. Her ratios are insane and the shield gets stronger with AP.

scy

Bottom line, lots of AP. Her ratios are insane and the shield gets stronger with AP.

I think it largely depends on what you're trying to do as well. Her ratios are good (2.0 on her QWR, 2.6 factoring her passive) but her base damages are fairly high as well (290 passive, 260 Q, 252 W, 220 R). Makes for a tanky build with moderate AP that can still be a damage threat rather than going for broke on a full assassin build.

Q8D3vil

too much stupidity (in other words loses) today, had blitz who did a fantastic job in lane but went the ad direction instead of support items, while malphite who lost top misreable couldnt even hit his ultimate right on the ad carry.
bad games even though i always seems to get fed in lane.

Blizzard

Banned
Dianna seems pretty goddamn op also. 310 base shield with 0.8 ratio (if it refreshes) that also does damage? 20 to 12 s cooldown ult gap closer with no cooldown double cast for 220 + 0.6 EACH? 440 + 1.2 with the double cast wtf. 20 - 12 s ult cooldown WTF. Double gap closer + pull + slow. Plus a good aoe Q with 6s cooldown and 0.8 ratio for just 55 mana? And 0.6 ratio on the passive?

I just laned against her with Ahri, I was like 50% more cs because she sucked and I picked up a kill roaming bot. Later went back to lane, both of us had bought should be pretty comfortable with that gold lead. I had to ult not to die. Her ult comes back in 20s, mine 110s. WTF. Pretty broken.

I don't want to switch to Dota2 but if Zyra and Dianna is Riot'ss idea of balance then Dota2 starts to look pretty good.
Is your strategy to build heavy AP on Diana? I tried with bots, and unless I built a ton of tanky items (I already had MR and armor runes), most every time I would gank a lane, a bot would do 400-500+ damage to me nearly immediately. And I think that was even with the shield. o_O I literally do not have an explanation as to why she was taking so much damage since I haven't tried her in PVP.

I feel like tanky AP items (rylais, abyssal, hourglass...not sure about rod of ages) would be nice on her since she has to jump to melee range, but those seem super expensive without producing much AP -- maybe 200-300 total. Does anyone rush deathcap with her? What about void staff? How about attack speed so her passive has a chance of going off? How about lifesteal/spellvamp? I felt like as a jungler having some sort of sustain or heal would be helpful.

Blizzard

Banned
Good luck with the flood. :( Dan I'm glad you're still on, let me know if you want to play some time.

i know i lost the game when our jungler was tryndamere, i wish there was an insant ban button for stupidity.
I think a GAF team got destroyed recently with jungle Diana by a fed enemy jungle Tryndamere, so you just need to get the right Tryndamere (or the right enemy team).

kayos90

Good luck with the flood. :( Dan I'm glad you're still on, let me know if you want to play some time.

I think a GAF team got destroyed recently with jungle Diana by a fed enemy jungle Tryndamere, so you just need to get the right Tryndamere (or the right enemy team).

Best Trynd is AP Trynd.

Ferrio

Banned

My build for jungle (still experimenting though, put my comments for each).

-cloth/5
-boots lvl 1
-Dorans ring
-Sorc boots
-Sheen -> lichbane
-Rylais or Abys. Abyssal is more preferable, but sometimes I want the slow and extra hp.

From there there's lots of solid choices. Rabadon, Abys/Rylais (whichever one you don't got yet), Void Staff etc. Think it may be game dependant.

Thinking maybe I shouldn't rush lichbane so quickly, and instead go rabadon. It's a bit more expensive, The MR, mana and movement speed from it is really nice though... but the rabadon is way more damage output and a good amount of shield. Going to experiment more.

Currently running attack speed reds, armor yellows, cdr blues, movement quints. 21/9/0.

I'd say her jungle is damn good. Her jungle clear is fast, she takes minimal damage, and her ganks are good pre six, excellent post six.

kayos90

My build for jungle (still experimenting though, put my comments for each).

-cloth/5
-boots lvl 1
-Dorans ring
-Sheen -> lichbane
-Rylais or Abys. Abyssal is more preferable, but sometimes I want the slow and extra hp.

From there there's lots of solid choices. Rabadon, Abys/Rylais (whichever one you don't got yet), Void Staff etc. Think it may be game dependant.

Thinking maybe I shouldn't rush lichbane so quickly, and instead go rabadon. It's a bit more expensive, The MR, mana and movement speed from it is really nice though... but the rabadon is way more damage output and a good amount of shield. Going to experiment more.

Currently running attack speed reds, armor yellows, cdr blues, movement quints. 21/9/0.

Honestly I feel like rushing Lich Bane on any character just isn't good. There are far better items that deliver just as good stats and utility that Lich Bane. Lich Bane is more for supplementing yourself after you have your core build and need the MS.

EDIT: Plus her CDs aren't great enough to fully utilize the proc at earlier stages of the game. Lich Bane is more useful later on.

Ferrio

Banned
Honestly I feel like rushing Lich Bane on any character just isn't good. There are far better items that deliver just as good stats and utility that Lich Bane. Lich Bane is more for supplementing yourself after you have your core build and need the MS.

Ya my thought as well. I've never really used the item before, but it fits her really really well. Just the bonus ~80 damage I'd do isn't much compared to the benefits of straight up AP. After a rabadon ya... then a lichbane on her is ace.

Overall she's going to be nerfed no doubt. Her passive is strong... really really strong. 20% attack speed boost + a cleave that does 290 base damage and .6 ratio.... insane. Works on towers too.

scy

EDIT: Plus her CDs aren't great enough to fully utilize the proc at earlier stages of the game. Lich Bane is more useful later on.

There's some advocates for early Lich Bane TF.

...but, yeah, full AP build Diana's should get Deathcap first to give her combo some damage behind it. Lich Bane clinches her assassin-y role.

Ya my thought as well. I've never really used the item before, but it fits her really really well. Just the bonus ~80 damage I'd do isn't much compared to the benefits of straight up AP. After a rabadon ya... then a lichbane on her is ace.

Overall she's going to be nerfed no doubt. Her passive is strong... really really strong. 20% attack speed boost + a cleave that does 290 base damage and .6 ratio.... insane. Works on towers too.

That passive is just ridiculous.

kayos90

There's some advocates for early Lich Bane TF.

...but, yeah, full AP build Diana's should get Deathcap first to give her combo some damage behind it. Lich Bane clinches her assassin-y role.

That passive is just ridiculous.

Yeah, I saw the numbers on that passive. That's crazy. If the numbers are crazy, I can't imagine it in actual play. Why not just build straight AS.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, I saw the numbers on that passive. That's crazy. If the numbers are crazy, I can't imagine it in actual play. Why not just build straight AS.

It's so strong you don't have to. She gets her passive 20%, runed reds, and the attack speed mastery. That has been enough for me. She uses abilities a lot, so I rarely find myself straight up AAing someone. End game if I'm doing really good I'll pick up a nashors for fun, but you could easily skip it.

A pity it doesn't work with spellvamp (least from what I've heard)... then I could see attack speed builds working easily. I should test it out.

scy

That's the build I wanted for her: Tanky/AS. Nashor's has a good amount of CDR, AS, and AP for her. Her base damages are good enough that not going full AP doesn't greatly hinder her ganks either.

On the other hand, her damage is so good that you can get away with kills without many regular attacks anyway. While the damage is good on her passive, you can just get enough AP that you don't even need to rely on it. Her cooldowns are short enough, especially with some CDR, that she does well with just ability spam.

i know i lost the game when our jungler was tryndamere, i wish there was an insant ban button for stupidity.

I'm not sure what you mean... jungle tryndamere is so dangerous :S. He may not have hard CC but his mocking shout is one of the scariest things to experience during a gank if you are using an AD character. You usually can't stand and fight cause he'll tear you apart and you won't do enough early damage unless you have a good support that can peel him off. He has low jungle clear times and is able to escape easily during invasions and he's able to invade and escape out of enemy jungles easily as well.

Ferrio

Banned
That's the build I wanted for her: Tanky/AS. Nashor's has a good amount of CDR, AS, and AP for her. Her base damages are good enough that not going full AP doesn't greatly hinder her ganks either.

On the other hand, her damage is so good that you can get away with kills without many regular attacks anyway. While the damage is good on her passive, you can just get enough AP that you don't even need to rely on it. Her cooldowns are short enough, especially with some CDR, that she does well with just ability spam.

I just don't think nashor's is that great for her. Maybe as a vanity item but otherwise no.

I've been running with ~8% cdr, and haven't had any issues. Her two biggest skills don't need cdr (Q and R), so it'd be mainly for your shield and slow. But just getting straight up AP for the shield would be better.

As the attack speed... like I said I rarely find myself just smacking on someone alot. Maybe 2-3 swipes between the combos. Not sure how much more damage nashor's would really buy you. I think heavy ap is better, since it ups your damage and survivabily, and makes it so when your 3rd strike does hit.. it hits like a truck. Like I said... if her passive procs spell vamp, but don't think it does. I never noticed it doing it when I bought a WoTA. Overall I don't think lifesteal/spell vamp is that great for her since she already has her shield. Would be a different story if her passive did... but that thing is already WTF strong already.

Thinking Rabadon, Sorc Boots, Lichbane will be her core items for sure. Secondaries Abyssal, Rylais, Guardian Angel.

EXGN

Xenics Storm taking Azubu's push comp to a whole new level. Singed, TF with teleport, Shaco, roaming LB+Blitz. Push all three lanes super hard at once and force the enemy on the defense. If it was any other team but Azubu they would have won.

garath

I just don't think nashor's is that great for her. Maybe as a vanity item but otherwise no.

I've been running with ~8% cdr, and haven't had any issues. Her two biggest skills don't need cdr (Q and R), so it'd be mainly for your shield and slow. But just getting straight up AP for the shield would be better.

As the attack speed... like I said I rarely find myself just smacking on someone alot. Maybe 2-3 swipes between the combos. Not sure how much more damage nashor's would really buy you. I think heavy ap is better, since it ups your damage and survivabily, and makes it so when your 3rd strike does hit.. it hits like a truck. Like I said... if her passive procs spell vamp, but don't think it does. I never noticed it doing it when I bought a WoTA. Overall I don't think lifesteal/spell vamp is that great for her since she already has her shield. Would be a different story if her passive did... but that thing is already WTF strong already.

Thinking Rabadon, Sorc Boots, Lichbane will be her core items for sure. Secondaries Abyssal, Rylais, Guardian Angel.

I'm pretty sure no passives proc spellvamp. Only abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom