• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing ARAM all day... roughly 50% win out of 12 matches.

I got Hecarim on my last match and went tanky AP for giggles. My final build would cost so much though:
- Merc Treads
- Rod of Ages
- Zhonya
- Spirit Visage
- Lich Bane
- Gunblade (lifesteal for lich, spellvamp for magic) or maybe Deathcap instead or just WotA

Can't believe we won though. Their champs were just better rolls all around.

DQIEh.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know why these casters are surprised by how good Orb is. LemonNation is the #1 ranked player in the world and Nein has proven to be one of the top AD carries even in tournament settings.

IsayFever

I don't know why these casters are surprised by how good Orb is. LemonNation is the #1 ranked player in the world and Nein has proven to be one of the top AD carries even in tournament settings.

Agreed. They are really downplaying the fact that TSM has been losing games to Orbit in online tournaments lately and their bottom lane is just outshining most others atm.

Boken

Banned

I'm tasting a little inconsistency here. You deny the abilty of korean/chinese teams because they're unproven in tournaments yet you claim that Orb is good based on solo queue and what, one tournament victory?

but yes, lemonnation and nein are pretty amazing. even though they got pooped on in lane a few times.

dimb

Oh, it is impossible for Ezreal to not be nerfed in the future too. Corki too maybe but Ezreal just can't be ignored, along with Vlad and Ryze.
I'm tasting a little inconsistency here. You deny the abilty of korean/chinese teams because they're unproven in tournaments yet you claim that Orb is good based on solo queue and what, one tournament victory?
Orb and these players specifically have been around for a pretty good while. The Korean and Chinese scenes are unproven and we have to see how they play out. Do they look threatening? Sure but I'm not about to start groveling for them because they beat a bunch of out of practice dorks and nobodies.

Boken

Banned
Oh, it is impossible for Ezreal to not be nerfed in the future too. Corki too maybe but Ezreal just can't be ignored, along with Vlad and Ryze.

I like how Ezreal has been laughed at since forever as a terrible AD carry (see Oddone Ezreal Quotes). The only real change he's had in ages is 10 mana off his essence flux. So basically Pulsefire Ezreal made everybody realise how amazing Ezreal is. I've been telling people forever how great he is. Like shit, 50% AS permanently, massive nuke ult, slower flash, AS% slow. Kit sounds real good.

Orb and these players specifically have been around for a pretty good while. The Korean and Chinese scenes are unproven and we have to see how they play out. Do they look threatening? Sure but I'm not about to start groveling for them because they beat a bunch of out of practice dorks and nobodies.
Still unproven in tournaments. The players might be good, but this is a team game. What does an "unproven" scene even mean?

"TSM has the results on their side"
Azubu blaze beats TSM - OUT OF PRACTICE DORKS

shit man

IsayFever

I'd say World Elite has put in their time though. They've been around for a long time, and have won a couple major international tournaments against CLG and TSM

Boken

Banned
Azubu blaze stomping tsm and curse mean nothing, sure.
Azubu frost stomping clg.na mean nothing too.

If you dont believe in TSM, CRS and CLGna, you dont believe in the NA scene. Then you have nothing to base your legitimacy on. Just sounds like all you care about is how long they've been around, which is pretty dumb.

bjaelke

If you dont believe in TSM, CRS and CLGna, you dont believe in the NA scene. Then you have nothing to base your legitimacy on. Just sounds like all you care about is how long they've been around, which is pretty dumb.

NA scene is (getting) outdated. They're about to get overtaken by the Asian teams. Could argue that it has already happened. EU - obviously - still #1.

scy

minions op

To be fair, I think a lot of the respect to the asian scene is just based off their dominance in other games. That and reports from people who went to Korea and returned with "Yup, these guys are ridiculously good" impressions. I think a lot of people just EXPECT them to just be a dominating force in general.

We'll see if that pans out. Right now, it looks like it might be true just from how they're performing so far.

Boken

Banned
Thinking about how retarded people were about ezreal made me think about hybrid champions.

Why does Riot hate hybrid champions? The last one released was Akali.

dimb

To be fair, I think a lot of the respect to the asian scene is just based off their dominance in other games. That and reports from people who went to Korea and returned with "Yup, these guys are ridiculously good" impressions. I think a lot of people just EXPECT them to just be a dominating force in general.

We'll see if that pans out. Right now, it looks like it might be true just from how they're performing so far.
The only teams that went over to Korea were the floundering ones seeking new life.

If you dont believe in TSM, CRS and CLGna, you dont believe in the NA scene.
North America is a big place. It'll be fine. I'm rooting for a team that's not in NA or EU now if it makes you happy.

Boken

Banned
The only teams that went over to Korea were the floundering ones seeking new life.

North America is a big place. It'll be fine. I'm rooting for a team that's not in NA or EU now if it makes you happy.

Azubu Blaze came to us.
The NA scene is big, but it's still made of teams and none of them are acceptable to you. Basically what I'm saying is, you shit on all the teams so nothing you say can be valid because you have no yardstick.

I assume you just mean hybrid stat champs? There's a ton of champs that deal Physical/Magical (e.g., Jayce).
Of course. And even then, Akali was a failed experiement - AP ended up being a vastly superior build path. I want a champion that can be built AP or AD or both. I guess if Akali doesnt count, then Kennen was the last one. I suppose hybrid champions pose a huge balancing problem with their amazing itemisation and split damages

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Thinking about how retarded people were about ezreal made me think about hybrid champions.

Why does Riot hate hybrid champions? The last one released was Akali.

They're difficult to balance I would think.

dimb

Basically what I'm saying is, you shit on all the teams so nothing you say can be valid because you have no yardstick.
I don't take teams seriously because they don't take the game seriously and everything is constantly in flux. Who cares what I think of these teams? Why am I not allowed to think they are all in remarkably infantile states?

I mean the Curse House Cam was disgraceful last night and they're supposed to play today if I remember right.

Boken

Banned
I don't take teams seriously because they don't take the game seriously and everything is constantly in flux. Who cares what I think of these teams? Why am I not allowed to think they are all in remarkably infantile states?

I mean the Curse House Cam was disgraceful last night and they're supposed to play today if I remember right.

Because its extremely inconsistent when you turn around and call Orbit good.

I.E. all you're allowed to do now is shit on all teams - so what you say isn't valid.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey whats up guys, i want to learn and get into lol. I'm curious on how to start off learning? I did play dota 2 for a bit and i like it but it's really hard to keep up with and i heard lol is more forgiving. Also about the champions, is there a way for me to buy all champions in a pack? If not how much time would it be to get them all?
You can buy a starter pack or a couple combos but about 25 dollars each, but they usually include a lot of champions you'll never play. I'd say start with the 450 champ, if you want to go AP mid, get Annie, if you want to carry, go Ashe, for support go Soraka, etc...

About the game in general, just read a guide before you start playing with a champion, maybe play a game against bots to get acquainted with her skills and then jump right in for a blind pick match against real people. You'll probably have a horrible first few matches, but you'll get the hang of it. The jist of it is to avoid making stupid mistakes, so if you're not sure if you can kill someone, just hang back and wait until you do; if you don't know where someone is, just assume they're out to kill you and watch out for ganks; etc.

The whole meta stuff can come a bit later, after you're used to the general flow of the game and just go reading guides on where to ward, when to go for Dragon/Baron, when to push, etc.

And ask GAF if you got any questions. If you never play with them you don't get yelled at and get some awesome contradictory advice to boot! If you're lucky, they can start fighting each other!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I.E. all you're allowed to do now is shit on all teams - so what you say isn't valid.

Dude. It's all good. Soda cop just disses on all the asian teams thinking they're absolute crap. It's totally cool. lol

EDIT:

Anyone think that the split push that always happens with Shen needs to be addressed a bit?

dimb

I mean I didn't really even make judgement calls. Why do you care about this so much? I was simply surprised that it was evidently completely unexpected by the casters for Orbit, some of the highest ranked solo queue players, to have the potential to beat TSM.

kayos90

I mean I didn't really even make judgement calls. Why do you care about this so much? I was simply surprised that it was evidently completely unexpected by the casters for Orbit, some of the highest ranked solo queue players, to have the potential to beat TSM.

Because you're so adamant that what you think is right and you portray it that way - including an exceedingly arrogant manner. It comes off a bit pompous and annoys people. Also, we know that Orbit is not a bad team. They're fairly good. The casters got it wrong. It happens. Jeez. Plus it's the art of commentary to exaggerate things and make the information more exciting. Once again. It happens.

scy

Well, the casters before the match started were referring to it as "the TSM game" and all. I think that's more the case rather than anything about Orb themselves.

kayos90

Well, the casters before the match started were referring to it as "the TSM game" and all. I think that's more the case rather than anything about Orb themselves.

I expect Nien to choose Graves this game. Go back to your main Nien!!!

Boken

Banned

Because I think it's silly to hate on everything. So if you ever call a team even decent, I'm going to call you out.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone think that the split push that always happens with Shen needs to be addressed a bit?
I wish they just replace global ults for really long range ones. So with Shen you could teleport from top to mid, but not to bot, with Karthus you could hurt everyone in a team fight, but you couldn't just pick off the half dead guy that just barely survived a 1v1 on top without having to actually leave the lane.

kayos90

I wish they just replace global ults for really long range ones. So with Shen you could teleport from top to mid, but not to bot, with Karthus you could hurt everyone in a team fight, but you couldn't just pick off the half dead guy that just barely survived a 1v1 on top without having to actually leave the lane.

That's what I thought to. They did this in PBE one time but they changed it back to normal when the actual patch came around. I never understood why they did it.

scy

To be fair, a lot of the teams right now ARE really unprofessional. I mean, I guess it's to be expected all things considered but ... yeah. I'm kind of hoping that there's at least a greater level of professionalism by the players as time goes by.

I still kind of shake my head at some of TSM's scrims being role swaps and goofing off
and sadly still winning

I expect Nien to choose Graves this game. Go back to your main Nien!!!

Ezreal banned, maybe we'll see Graves! or draven. That works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom