• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't... know. It's lolreplay program right?
Yup, you make an account, set it to boot up with Windows and record in spectator mode and enjoy the spoils. It's pretty cool to see why you got beat (like that damn Vlad ughhhhh)

edit: sorry for dp

siddhu33

There are just some champs that were built for Solo Queue. I swear shen is probably the best tanky character in the game. Decent sustain, good defender, ok offence. But that ult... Something else entirely.

Another solo q champ that is ridiculous is AP twisted fate... Ridiculous early game burst, and amazing utility. You can usually get fed on teleport ganks alone, and the ult is a counter to all those annoying stealth champs, like shaco, akali, and twitch...

Damn, these two champs are good.

Q8D3vil

riots just nnounced that the pbe registration is only available in the first 3 days of each month.

There are just some champs that were built for Solo Queue. I swear shen is probably the best tanky character in the game. Decent sustain, good defender, ok offence. But that ult... Something else entirely.

Another solo q champ that is ridiculous is AP twisted fate... Ridiculous early game burst, and amazing utility. You can usually get fed on teleport ganks alone, and the ult is a counter to all those annoying stealth champs, like shaco, akali, and twitch...

karthus, galio and amumu all are built for solo.

press R to get kills.

Ferrio

Banned
Amumu built for solo queue? Hrm... i don't know. Easily counter jungled, and requires you team to take advantage of your plays.

Q8D3vil

Amumu built for solo queue? Hrm... i don't know. Easily counter jungled, and requires you team to take advantage of your plays.

solo queue usually have bad team coordination, amumu/galio/sona ultimates are made to abuse this kind of bad play and punish the other team heavily.
just talking about 1100, im sure its difference in 1800+

Ferrio

Banned
solo queue usually have bad team coordination, amumu/galio/sona ultimates are made to abuse this kind of bad play and punish the other team heavily.
just talking about 1100, im sure its difference in 1800+

But that's my point... bad team coordination. If amumu gets counter jungled you're fucked cause your teammates are stupid, if you ult it's not garunteed that they'll take advantage of it.

scy

Whether or not Amumu pub stomps aside, it isn't to the level of abuse that Shen or TF ults have on bad play really. Those two skills are a bit above on their level of potential impact against disorganized teams.

...though, they also are open to being exploited if used poorly as well, I suppose.

Q8D3vil

Whether or not Amumu pub stomps aside, it isn't to the level of abuse that Shen or TF ults have on bad play really. Those two skills are a bit above on their level of potential impact against disorganized teams.

...though, they also are open to being exploited if used poorly as well, I suppose.

agree, but some time even if your team is in the lead with shen you lose in late game team fights, the character i mentioned excells at those team fights thanks to their aoe cc ultimates that make it easy to pick their ad/ap carries without problems and destroy the champions.

today i had a game where we were so damn behind but we just did galio+sona ultimate and we always win fight 5 for nothing (i know its a low elo but if the enemy had any real good coordination it would happen in the first place).

Ken

So basically CC AoE ultimates win solo queue.

It kind of makes sense given there's probably no voice communication between all 5 members of a SQ team so the members of the team getting ult'd don't know if they are staying and fighting. Some break off, some stay and fight, etc. On the team with the CC AoE it's obvious to go in and fight.

Maybe I'm wrong because I just look at it like a comic book.

Opiate, I'd love to duo with you, but I'm afraid the highest I ever got was 1420 ELO, and I've been hovering around 1370.

Also, I tend to abuse the "cheap" ADCs, with Graves and Ezreal being the tops at the moment. However, my "forever" main is Caitlyn.

I love her and her passive's burst. She also has excellent early game lane control. I think most of my games in SR (Ranked and Unranked) are with her, and I have a positive ratio to boot.

Low tier my ass!

scy

thanks to their aoe cc ultimates that make it easy to pick their ad/ap carries without problems and destroy the champions.

This is probably the bigger thing. They have flashy CC so it's kind of an obvious engage sign and all you have to do to make use of it is click enemies until they die as opposed to defending a CC where you have to react properly to know if you stay or disengage. Obviously more complicated than that but it's easier to use a CC than it is to defend vs it.

Basically this. Global presence and CCs kind of amplify any bad decisions players.

Personally, Amumu stands out for CC ults just because how easy it is to land: Run in, hit R, collect assists.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Shen and Twisted Fate actually benefit more from coordination, because it opens up opportunities to split push.

So, potential changes to the UI

- Adding in a smartcast toggle under each ability.
- Changing the basic unit of time measurement to 1 second, instead of 5.

That's kinda it, in terms of functionality. Pretty awesome changes, though!

zkylon

zkylewd
So, potential changes to the UI

- Adding in a smartcast toggle under each ability.
- Changing the basic unit of time measurement to 1 second, instead of 5.

That's kinda it, in terms of functionality. Pretty awesome changes, though!
Also showing the which level each skill is. edit: oh wait you said potential...nevermind then...

My biggest gripe with the new GUI is the Arial fontage on the K/D/A and such...

It kind of makes sense given there's probably no voice communication between all 5 members of a SQ team so the members of the team getting ult'd don't know if they are staying and fighting. Some break off, some stay and fight, etc. On the team with the CC AoE it's obvious to go in and fight.

Maybe I'm wrong because I just look at it like a comic book.

No, you're right.

Snowman

Thanks to whoever suggested Ezreal, having loads of fun with him :D

Maybe this is a stupid question but how do I know how good I am? I come from playing Starcraft 2 where I can see exactly where i'm sitting using leagues (bronze, silver, diamond etc.) I take it there's nothing like that for LOL? At least not until you start playing ranked?

Thanks to whoever suggested Ezreal, having loads of fun with him :D

Maybe this is a stupid question but how do I know how good I am? I come from playing Starcraft 2 where I can see exactly where i'm sitting using leagues (bronze, silver, diamond etc.) I take it there's nothing like that for LOL? At least not until you start playing ranked?

You can use www.lolmatches.com to see "normal" elo but generally I wouldn't worry about it for now.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah I'm pretty close to being done with this game for a while. When I can't play a single mode without having fun for about 15-20 games now, it's time to stop.

Ken

I can't play top lane anymore. I freeze up when I go to last hit because I don't want to get 1/3rd of my health gone because I'm no good at trading. I then just sit by my turret and wait for the minions to come to me and let the opponent free farm.

Maybe it's because I've been giving first blood to the jungler/top for the last few games I played top lane in which makes me scared of ever pushing out beyond the top lane river bush. Whatever it is, I can't handle top lane anymore mentally.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I can't play top lane anymore. I freeze up when I go to last hit because I don't want to get 1/3rd of my health gone because I'm no good at trading. I then just sit by my turret and wait for the minions to come to me and let the opponent free farm.

Maybe it's because I've been giving first blood to the jungler/top for the last few games I played top lane in which makes me scared of ever pushing out beyond the top lane river bush. Whatever it is, I can't handle top lane anymore mentally.

Hardest lane ftw!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you or anyone you play with doesn't have the client installed, it can't update.

I think your last game on that site shows as 3 weeks ago so obviously that's way back.
Even still the client itself was changed so you can't pull normal ELO numbers from it. This was months ago, and this was never the site that had them.

Yeah I'm pretty close to being done with this game for a while. When I can't play a single mode without having fun for about 15-20 games now, it's time to stop.
It's because you don't play with me anymore.

Remember when Shaco put (still does) the fear of God into you?

"man look at these two waves I should far-..... you know what, fuck that I don't even need it"

"okay just tw- *poof orange smoke* OH GOD OH GOD WHY I TOLD MYSELF NO I SAID DON'T DO IT"

*first blood*

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not that. I could top lane decently before. Nowadays I'm just losing badly by like 100 CS and 4 kills by 15 minutes.
I know the feeling. If you're real pushed early on, your jungler should capitalize on that and wreck that mofo up before he gets fed, but there's a point where you just got beat and need to come up with a backup strategy. I never manage to do so, but it's probably good to have the mindset to know how to counter that, maybe just wasting that guy's time while your other lanes get ahead or something like that.

Top is fucking hard :p

Macattk15

It's not that. I could top lane decently before. Nowadays I'm just losing badly by like 100 CS and 4 kills by 15 minutes.

Just play tanky Cho'gath with Flash top. I think I've gotten out of so many ganks top lane by rupturing at my feet and then flashing away.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Remember when Shaco put (still does) the fear of God into you?

"man look at these two waves I should far-..... you know what, fuck that I don't even need it"

"okay just tw- *poof orange smoke* OH GOD OH GOD WHY I TOLD MYSELF NO I SAID DON'T DO IT"

*first blood*
Remember sunfire spam shaco?

scy

I don't get it, why is top any different from bottom? Or is it all/mostly metagame stuff?

Bot has two people so a jungler coming to gank doesn't necessarily change things as much when it's a 3v2 situation. That and one of the bot laners is typically dedicated support and AD Carries that are put bot are ranged and play at safer distance so the lane itself is just more protected overall.

Conversely, top is a solo lane so 2v1 situations are just harder to deal with so junglers can make a huge difference here. You also tend to have melee champs here so getting caught out of position is a lot easier as you go in farther to effectively farm.

So it's basically metagame stuff, I suppose. Top is more exposed and hurt more by jungler presence so it's the easier lane to gank. This also isn't that relevant at low summoner levels and probably even low elo play, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom