• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

Bot has two people so a jungler coming to gank doesn't necessarily change things as much when it's a 3v2 situation. That and one of the bot laners is typically dedicated support and AD Carries that are put bot are ranged and play at safer distance so the lane itself is just more protected overall.

Conversely, top is a solo lane so 2v1 situations are just harder to deal with so junglers can make a huge difference here. You also tend to have melee champs here so getting caught out of position is a lot easier as you go in farther to effectively farm.

So it's basically metagame stuff, I suppose. Top is more exposed and hurt more by jungler presence so it's the easier lane to gank. This also isn't that relevant at low summoner levels and probably even low elo play, however.

Thanks :) I was also wondering about why exactly it's common to have 1 on top and 2 on bot though? Isn't it pretty much symmetrical?

Ken

Thanks :) I was also wondering about why exactly it's common to have 1 on top and 2 on bot though? Isn't it pretty much symmetrical?

Bot has dragon control. Lose bot, the other team gets dragon (muney).

Top has Baron but Baron fights usually don't break out until laning phase is over.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For Corgi:
JZjXB.jpg

S4des.png

scy

It's also uncommon to start with a ward going top because you need pots to sustain.

Oh yeah that too. You start off more unaware of your surroundings so it's easier for your lane to get approached. You kind of have to learn timings for jungler routes so you know when to start being wary, though it's just generally good practice to just always be ready to disengage and get out of the lane when their jungler shows up.

Snowman

Bot has dragon control. Lose bot, the other team gets dragon (muney).

Top has Baron but Baron fights usually don't break out until laning phase is over.

Ah thanks, it's amazing how much strategy there is that you're just not exposed to at the lower levels :p I'm like level 15 now but I still only see people jungling once every few games.

While I'm here I might as well ask, as Ez, should I usually go top or bottom?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He can also do solo mid as AP but it's generally not recommended.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah thanks, it's amazing how much strategy there is that you're just not exposed to at the lower levels :p I'm like level 15 now but I still only see people jungling once every few games.

While I'm here I might as well ask, as Ez, should I usually go top or bottom?
AD Carries always go bot, usually accompanied by a support champ that protects you, buys nice stuff for you, keeps map awareness for the whole team, pisses off the enemy team by constantly harassing them, sets up plays and then pats you in the back when you get all the kill :D

zkylon

zkylewd
lol at that Varus "buff" and Phreak admitting Zyra was incredibly overpowered.

And why didn't they talk about Lux's ult name rollback? That's the most important thing of them all!

Ferga

Varus buff isn't going to do anything for solo queue :\

I think the main problem is the spread of the tentacles and not the initial one. The abruptness of the spreading indicator disappearing doesn't help too. I think when an enemy is almost out of range to get snared, they should have some sort of red warning so that allies don't just keep chasing and hoping the guy they are chasing will get snared

Inskipp

I think the main problem is the spread of the tentacles and not the initial one. The abruptness of the spreading indicator disappearing doesn't help too. I think when an enemy is almost out of range to get snared, they should have some sort of red warning so that allies don't just keep chasing and hoping the guy they are chasing will get snared
Didn't they increase the width of the initial projectile's hitbox as well? They didn't mention it in the video, but I distinctly recall a riot post mentioning it.

All I want from a new UI is an option to place the ally avatars beside the minimap. Makes it much easier to track everyone's health and to target their avatars if the fight is too clustered.

Plus an item shop search bar, and custom item lists beside it.

dimb

Came back to ranked for the first time in...awhile. Easyreal, etc, etc.
0bchK.jpg

Low ELO consistents of shoving people who call Caitlyn out of my way for a good AD carry so far. Also...people can only jungle Amumu or Warwick for some reason. It's weird.

XeroSauce

0bchK.jpg

Low ELO consistents of shoving people who call Caitlyn out of my way for a good AD carry so far. Also...people can only jungle Amumu or Warwick for some reason. It's weird.

Amumu had some weird FotM recently, and I guess WW can be jungled without runes?

XeroSauce

They are also slightly buffing his AP..my friend runs a weird shredder build on him and this buff helps that, but not much else.

Hey whats up guys, i want to learn and get into lol. I'm curious on how to start off learning? I did play dota 2 for a bit and i like it but it's really hard to keep up with and i heard lol is more forgiving. Also about the champions, is there a way for me to buy all champions in a pack? If not how much time would it be to get them all?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
They are also slightly buffing his AP..my friend runs a weird shredder build on him and this buff helps that, but not much else.

Varus is fucked because his main damage ability is straight AP based. I know some people actually try and run magic pen on him.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey whats up guys, i want to learn and get into lol. I'm curious on how to start off learning? I did play dota 2 for a bit and i like it but it's really hard to keep up with and i heard lol is more forgiving. Also about the champions, is there a way for me to buy all champions in a pack? If not how much time would it be to get them all?

Login on the LoL website and then like them on FB and subscribe to them on Youtube. That gives you two extra free champs in Alistar and Tristana!!

dimb

For interested parties IPL is starting up: http://www.twitch.tv/ipllol
You can't buy all the champions, but there are two different packs of them. Neither are particularly great deals. Actually unlocking everything takes like...thousands of games. Just try jumping in and test out champions as they rotate through their free weeks. The cheapest way to acquire things with real money is to buy champions on sale for that week.

Boken

Banned
0bchK.jpg

You're doing this to defeat summons in trouble aren't you.

Hey, and welcome to lolgaf!
The built in "Battle training" tutorial is decent, just to get acquainted with a few rules of LoL. From levels 1-5 I recommend playing co-op vs ai games because there aren't many people in normal queue anyway and it'll do well to teach you some more about all the champions and how the game flows. During this time you can play the free champions (there are 10 and they change every week - go to http://www.lolpro.com/guides and select "free rotation". You'll most commonly see free champions played by people until level 11-12). NOTE: you can get Tristana by liking riot on facebook and Alistar by subscribing to their youtube channel.

Then I recommend you play multiple normal games before you decide whether to drop money for a champion pack - there is no pack for all the champions, there is only a pack for 20 early champions. The pack with the most well rounded set of champions is the "Champions Bundle" imo. The time it would take to get all the champions without paying for them can only be described as "long".

scy

I think the game started without them spectating so they're just ... there. Or something?

Who knows. Gives me an excuse to do something while this game magics itself into existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom