• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Please don't play support if you don't know how to support like the Kayle I just had who started with boots and 1 ward and warded the bush on the side and then sat in the bush until it ran out. Also final build of Boots of Lucidity (after selling a complete Berserker Grieves), Dorans Ring, Ruby Crystal, Cloth Armor, and Negatron Cloak.

It's so easy to get mad at the people in this game.

Boken

Banned
Volibar and that dumb bear make my league of legends a real pain...
Are you named after volibear?
Please don't play support if you don't know how to support like the Kayle I just had who started with boots and 1 ward and warded the bush on the side and then sat in the bush until it ran out. Also final build of Boots of Lucidity (after selling a complete Berserker Grieves), Dorans Ring, Ruby Crystal, Cloth Armor, and Negatron Cloak.

Carry harder corgi I belive in you

Volimar

Are you named after volibear?

Nope.

:(

I use this name in almost all the games I play. It's the name of the last of a powerful cabal of mages in a series of short stories I wrote in high school. The resemblance to Volibar or Volibear are both coincidental.

But at least people aren't telling me I spelled Voldemort wrong anymore...

Volimar

I feel like I missed out by not having a phone that could snag that pattern...

It was for the Rammus and Graves skins wasn't it?

EXGN

Neither CLG Prime nor TSM are going to MLG Raleigh. Could be a huge opportunity for some of the teams on the fringe.

garath

To be fair, an over extended Lee Sin would've died to most all-in 1v1s right there. The bigger problem is Rengar's gap close.

Still a ridiculous damage output since that was, what, four hits?

I'm normally in agreement with you but I can't think of a single typical top lane champ that can all-in a lee sin level 1 like that. Lee wasn't over extended. It was level 1.

edit: CLG.EU vs Alternate is pretty good.

scy

I'm normally in agreement with you but I can't think of a single typical top lane champ that can all-in a lee sin level 1 like that. Lee wasn't over extended. It was level 1.

He was in the middle of lane and would've taken minion aggro in a proper trade. Level 1 Riven could all-in for the kill as well, though it'd be a far fairer trade (assuming the Lee Sin actually fought back). And I'd probably wait for Level 2 to make it an easy kill rather than going for the Level 1, even if he was out of position, unless he missed his Q.

Like I said, the bigger problem was the gap close. There was no reason for the Lee Sin to sit around in Rengar's passive range (600) while in the middle of lane and with a fresh minion wave coming and at Level 1. The moment Rengar vanished to the bush, he should've moved closer to river rather than staying in the middle of the lane and getting jumped on. Granted, he's a new/unreleased champ and I don't think anyone is comfortable with his passive range yet but the smart play would be to play passively against a bushed Rengar at Level 1 (or get W first for escape and give up the idea of Level 1 harass).

It's still a good amount of damage. I don't disagree with that. Just noting that it wasn't played great by the Lee Sin either.

Edit: Though the smart play isn't that "good" either: Giving up cs until Level 2. At least Rengar loses cs while in bush but he's in control for when you can return to lane.

Blizzard

Banned
I hate level 1 because I never know who does what. Once I tried to hit a level 1 wukong with level 1 riven and he killed me in like 2-4 hits with the armor shred MonkeyStaff thing. It was scary. :(

Boken

Banned
You probably fought him in his minion wave like a fool because level 1 riven beats wukong pretty hard in a straight up fight

EXGN

Why aren't they going?

Neither team needs the points to qualify for regionals, so I think they'd rather take the time to rest up and scrim, rather than spend the money to go to MLG. I think CLG is coming back from Korea that week as well, so they really need the time to recuperate.

Not sure if Dig is going, but they could potentiall take the #2 seed if they take 1st.

garath

He was in the middle of lane and would've taken minion aggro in a proper trade. Level 1 Riven could all-in for the kill as well, though it'd be a far fairer trade (assuming the Lee Sin actually fought back). And I'd probably wait for Level 2 to make it an easy kill rather than going for the Level 1, even if he was out of position, unless he missed his Q.

Like I said, the bigger problem was the gap close. There was no reason for the Lee Sin to sit around in Rengar's passive range (600) while in the middle of lane and with a fresh minion wave coming and at Level 1. The moment Rengar vanished to the bush, he should've moved closer to river rather than staying in the middle of the lane and getting jumped on. Granted, he's a new/unreleased champ and I don't think anyone is comfortable with his passive range yet but the smart play would be to play passively against a bushed Rengar at Level 1 (or get W first for escape and give up the idea of Level 1 harass).

It's still a good amount of damage. I don't disagree with that. Just noting that it wasn't played great by the Lee Sin either.

Edit: Though the smart play isn't that "good" either: Giving up cs until Level 2. At least Rengar loses cs while in bush but he's in control for when you can return to lane.

I don't know. Even with a doran's and full masteries/runes Riven is probably around 80 attack damage?

Her Q is 30+ .7 per hit so 258 for the full combo. Throw in one extra hit for 80 + 15 or so bonus from her passive is 353 damage before any armor. Ignite is 70 damage at level 1. So 423 before any armor (and a good Lee Sin is going to have bonus health from masteries and stack armor runes against a Riven). Lee sin has a base 428 health at level 1. And that full combo is MUCH slower than what we saw Rengar do. It'd be a real stretch for a Riven to all-in a Lee Sin at level 1 and not nearly as decisively as what we just saw. And in the video, Lee didn't even attack back so no minion damage.

It's pretty unbalanced.

scy

Her Q is 30+ .7 per hit so 258 for the full combo. Throw in one extra hit for 80 + 15 or so bonus from her passive is 353 damage before any armor.

One Auto? Q->Auto, Q->Auto, Q->Auto is how you play Riven. QQQ is the wrong way to do things. Weave autos in between Q uses. It's a ~500 damage pre-Armor combo in roughly the same time frame. And if we're all-in, Ignite earlier for the +5 AD.

And that full combo is MUCH slower than what we saw Rengar do.

4 Autos, 1 Q, Ignite vs 3 Autos, 3 Qs, Ignite. They're roughly the same length with Rengar getting the nod due to his Attack Speed buff. His Empowered Q with ~80 AD hits for around 260 pre-Armor.

garath

One Auto? Q->Auto, Q->Auto, Q->Auto is how you play Riven. QQQ is the wrong way to do things. Weave autos in between Q uses. It's a ~500 damage pre-Armor combo in roughly the same time frame. And if we're all-in, Ignite earlier for the +5 AD.

4 Autos, 1 Q, Ignite vs 3 Autos, 3 Qs, Ignite. They're roughly the same length with Rengar getting the nod due to his Attack Speed buff. His Empowered Q with ~80 AD hits for around 260 pre-Armor.

She can't gap close as quickly if she times the autos between Qs. One flash and Lee is gone. The Rengar combo is practically instant.

scy

She can't gap close as quickly if she times the autos between Qs. One flash and Lee is gone. The Rengar combo is practically instant.

Which again gets back to my note that the bigger problem for this fight is the gap close. Free gap close + good burst means his Level 1 is really scary. Other gap closers typically have to choose between gap close or burst. Rengar gets his big burst and gap close from the start.

And I'd take him blowing a Flash as a win. Probably a bigger win than the Level 1 kill to be honest. Also, he could've Flashed the Rengar combo on engage (or W'd it, which would've been the better pick than Q first vs Rengar to begin with) since the fight was fairly long at around 4-5s. Could've gotten out before the Q ever landed too. Which is getting into what-if scenarios.

Also, if you're counting all of Riven's Qs hitting then you're not using it to gap close a long distance to begin with. And you should be good at the Q->Auto timing. That's the very basis of Riven play. Weaving autos in with your Q spam with the least amount of wasted time.

I'm not saying Rengar doesn't have good burst. I never said anything close to that. I think he needs to be toned down a bit (maybe bonus AD scaling rather than AD scaling) just from theorycrafting him. His low level is really good due to a good gap close burst combo and he gets scarier with levels due to better pursuit (E), dueling (W), and easier Ferocity juggling; his AD scaling is pretty good as well. He's a scary bruiser on paper.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Corgi pls.

Veezy

que?
So, my CC got declined due to me inputting the wrong exp date according to my bank, except I put in the right exp date in the payment screen multiple times. Has this happened to anybody before?

EXGN

Yeah, I think the problem with that is Olympic Games are almost entirely physical. I think most people agree that chess and other games are not only more demanding but also more entertaining than something like Dressage, but they still aren't an Olympic sport.

Anyone else frequently misclick people to attack?

Often I click someone and I just move towards them eating unnecessary damage.

I tried using attack move for attacking champs and it kind of works but since I have to press an extra key to attack someone that means I am slower to using other things.

Is there any middle ground here?

Achtius

Anyone else frequently misclick people to attack?

Often I click someone and I just move towards them eating unnecessary damage.

I tried using attack move for attacking champs and it kind of works but since I have to press an extra key to attack someone that means I am slower to using other things.

Is there any middle ground here?

attack move but also click on the champ? :p

garath

I just watched Aphromoo play Leona and man. Now I want her and I've already watched 2 sales with her go by :( Dammit. If I have to play support and Alistar is usually banned I want Leona!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom