• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm more puzzled by the support Rammus.

Some people refuse to buy support characters because they think it will get them out of playing that role. It usually doesn't go so well.

Ken

Some people refuse to buy support characters because they think it will get them out of playing that role. It usually doesn't go so well.

I'm fine if people don't have support. Just say you can't support and I'll support instead.

Not fine with people who will support but have 0 idea how to support and start with two Faeri Charms.

EXGN

Reminds me of a game I played earlier. We had a Lux, Teemo, Vayne and Malphite. Last guy picked Jax. Lux went support because she was the best character to fill that role. Jax goes 1/8 top and whines that we would have won if Lux went mid and we let him play Jax support.

Can someone tell me how Jax support would EVER work?

Am I really the only one who thinks Diana's passive is ridiculously OP for a passive? It's so much stronger than Jax' ult passive (unless you have >700AP). It's straight up better than TF's Lv5 E if it weren't for the bonus CDR, but even the value of that is debatable.

Ken

Am I really the only one who thinks Diana's passive is ridiculously OP for a passive? It's so much stronger than Jax' ult passive (unless you have >700AP). It's straight up better than TF's Lv5 E if it weren't for the bonus CDR, but even the value of that is debatable.

Diana as a whole is ridiculous.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Diana as a whole is ridiculous.

THIS!!!

Diana + DFG + Litch = stupidly OP mid/late game. Her burst damage is off the charts even in broken on release Riot terms. Diana's not just kind of OP. She's going to probably have to be hella nerfed on more than one occasion to get her in check.

Blizzard

Banned
Diana is almost always a mediocre jungler or mid in the games I've seen. Maybe I've just been (un)lucky though. I'm not sure I've ever seen a truly fed burst Diana who's not dying a lot.

Ferrio

Banned
Diana is almost always a mediocre jungler or mid in the games I've seen. Maybe I've just been (un)lucky though. I'm not sure I've ever seen a truly fed burst Diana who's not dying a lot.

She's a much better mid than jungler. Which I don't was riot's intent.

Except you don't actually use it much in fights. 1 on 1s maybe, but team fights no.. you don't usually sit there AAing someone very very long.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews about the autoattack passive. Some people seem to love rushing nashor's tooth and say (I guess bruiser/jungle) Diana is much better once she has it.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews about the autoattack passive. Some people seem to love rushing nashor's tooth and say (I guess bruiser/jungle) Diana is much better once she has it.

Nashor's is horrible on her. She can't afford to be an AAer. She gets no lifesteal/vamp from it, which any melee needs. Her passive was obviously made to allow her to actually jungle, outside of jungle/creeps.. i really don't get to proc it too much.

The only thing I really think might be OP on her is her E. In certain team comps it could be devistating.

If she gets nerfed the amount people are asking for.. you're not going to see her much again.. she'll suffer the same fate every other melee in this game does.

Q8D3vil

Nashor's is horrible on her. She can't afford to be an AAer. She gets no lifesteal/vamp from it, which any melee needs. Her passive was obviously made to allow her to actually jungle, outside of jungle.. i really don't get to proc it too much.

The only thing I really think might be OP on her is her E. In certain team comps it could be devistating.

her E i fine, her q ratio is just too strong.

Ferrio

Banned
her E i fine, her q ratio is just too strong.

Her E is evil, i don't think people realize how strong it is. You need a coordinated team to take advantage of how evil it can be. Like I said I saw it happen once in a game when I wa splaying her (by chance)... and I was floored.

She's a much better mid than jungler. Which I don't was riot's intent.

Except you don't actually use it much in fights. 1 on 1s maybe, but team fights no.. you don't usually sit there AAing someone very very long.

It's just that passive skills are normally just small bonuses compared to your 4 skills, unless it's part of a champ's unique gimmick (like Morde). Her passive is just as good if note better than the ones I mentioned.

If it's just for jungling then tone down its latter level damage. Same jungling purposes filled.

Ferrio

Banned
It's just that passive skills are normally just small bonuses compared to your 4 skills, unless it's part of a champ's unique gimmick (like Morde). Her passive is just as good if note better than the ones I mentioned.

If it's just for jungling then tone down its latter level damage. Same jungling purposes filled.

Except look at her ult, it does a lot less damage than most AP characters, and her E does no damage at all.

Seriously if you tone down her passive, you're going to see little to no change in her actually fighting champions. It's not what makes her strong in fights.

Blizzard

Banned
nunu2rhs98.png

This is what happens when I play randoms after doing bad playing with GAF. :p

Those were probably the nicest comments I've ever got jungling. I got lucky and stole Lee Sin's blue (no one guarding), immediately ganked top for first blood, and proceeded to clear jungles from there. They surrendered shortly after 20 with one inhib tower down, though I think the inhib was still up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow, cool day, four great wins in a row, even after an Eve almost threw the game on the last one. I broke my non-Malph wins dry spell too, with wins with both Lux and Ahri :D

Only 1k IP to Riven Town, baby!

(then it's mystery...Fizz? Janna? LeBlanc?)

Boken

Banned
Strange, neogaf doesn't work on my home Internet.

Anyway, good games at games com tonight. Hope I can make the clg.eu game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jungle Lux against bots lol. Had to base three times in the first 10 minutes, buying 5 red pots each time and flashing because wolves were about to kill me lol. I can't understand how people take bots seriously...

Buy Fizz if you want to win and be annoying, zkylon.
What I really like about Fizz is that he "gets away with it". He can ult, dash, kill then jump out of a tower without getting a single hit. You think you got him ulted? He'll just jump over your laser. The fucker is demoralizing hell for the enemy team. Plus, too many boobs in my roster, people might get suspicious.

Ken

Jungle Lux against bots lol. Had to base three times in the first 10 minutes, buying 5 red pots each time and flashing because wolves were about to kill me lol. I can't understand how people take bots seriously...

What I really like about Fizz is that he "gets away with it". He can ult, dash, kill then jump out of a tower without getting a single hit. You think you got him ulted? He'll just jump over your laser. The fucker is demoralizing hell for the enemy team. Plus, too many boobs in my roster, people might get suspicious.

He's also burst and not many AP mids can handle a champion with that gap closer, slow, and damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
He's also burst and not many AP mids can handle a champion with that gap closer, slow, and damage.
I don't think anyone can. Maybe Galio?

Still, getting another 6300 IP after Riven will take a long while (though I'm done with Drakengard, so I'm mainly playing LoL), so it's all wishful thinking. I just want Riven ASAP so I have some rotation top. I'm kinda tired of so much Malph, since Akali top is just not working out for me.

scy

Except look at her ult, it does a lot less damage than most AP characters, and her E does no damage at all.

Seriously if you tone down her passive, you're going to see little to no change in her actually fighting champions. It's not what makes her strong in fights.

Yeah, people keep looking at things individually rather than entire kits. Her passive is good but it doesn't activate enough (in SR) to matter beyond maybe one activation. She needs some tweaking, sure, but "RIDICULOUSLY OP" is a bit off. I really want her more in the Jungle rather than mid but I'm not sure what route to take for that balancing wise.

I will say, though, that Nashor's, Malady, Witt's End is a fun build for Dominion. With her good base damages, this becomes a stupid amount of damage. It's mostly because lifesteal/spell vamp isn't a big deal on Dominion so there's more raw output and people melting.

Samyy

Making me seriously question if CLGs investment into training in Korea was a big waste of money. What exactly did CLG learn? What does knowledge against Korean teams do for them if they are getting beat by SK.

Samyy

That Orianna destroyed CLG. She has amazing burst and she can just stay safe in the back... makes me want to try her out.

Been playing her a lot as my go to mid along with TF, a lot of fun and really easy to last hit and farm like crazy. Also once you get the hang of zoning with the ball you can punish so hard with q-w (or even just w if you position the ball in a good area).

scy

After the Zyra nerfs, Orianna has retaken the zoning burst champ slot. Makes me wonder how Syndra will be.

I need to get back into playing more Rift, hm.

Making me seriously question if CLGs investment into training in Korea was a big waste of money. What exactly did CLG learn? What does knowledge against Korean teams do for them if they are getting beat by SK.

The problem with learning the Asian scene right now is that it's not effective training against the current NA/EU meta. It's more to see the new meta and trying to adopt that into the game but it's not going as well as planned for CLG (or Dignitas). And then we can question whether learning that meta is worth it anyway but the amount of world tournaments is pretty small right now.

Edit: I need a translator for whatever is going on the stream right now.

EXGN

I think they literally just got back from Korea, so I wonder if they are a bit jetlagged.

Samyy

I think they literally just got back from Korea, so I wonder if they are a bit jetlagged.

that would be ridiculously stupid of them to mess up their once chance to go to the championships if they were jet lagged, makes the Korea decision look even worse.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Her ulty can be used multiple times so it does a crap ton of damage combined with her Q and say a litch.

Her issue is she's OP for regular ELO game, but not for high level. If you look at how her Q hits you can learn to dodge it pretty regularly. Dodge that and her dps plummets of a cliff. Problem is despite what people will think your average ELO player isn't going to be dodging it all game. The tip top will though which makes her a bitch to balance IMO.

Blizzard

Banned
Whoa, the 720p stream for ESL is free. I can almost read the numbers for once. :p

*edit* Or rather Gamescom.

*edit* The game is interesting. M5 is crushing the other team, but the other team has 3 turrets to 0 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom