• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

First time Rammus. Godly taunt. Atrocious jungle clear.

I guess he's like Alistar where he's gank dependent, but at least Alistar can clear camps decently.

Ferga

First time Rammus. Godly taunt. Atrocious jungle clear.

I guess he's like Alistar where he's gank dependent, but at least Alistar can clear camps decently.

Rammus use to be banned in all games. Then he got nerfed 3 patches in a row lol

bjaelke

That was a very good first match. I would, however, have to agree with Dance In My Blood - Guardian Angel is incredible strong in the current meta.

Boken

Banned
Wonder if esports will ever get big enough to include Australia
Australia sucks at League of Legends. : (
That was a very good first match. I would, however, have to agree with Dance In My Blood - Guardian Angel is incredible strong in the current meta.
I don't think the solution is to nerf GA (well, maybe not heaps) - there needs to be more late game utility item choices in the game to compete with it instead

scy

I don't think the solution is to nerf GA (well, maybe not heaps) - there needs to be more late game utility item choices in the game to compete with it instead

It's just too good of a catch all for characters, basically. Especially ones who get good sustain either from their kit (e.g., Irelia) or from their builds (anyone who builds a BT). AP get the option of Zhonya's to prevent a death so I guess that is a comparable utility item ... but not really. And some still get a GA anyway if they're more needed alive than for raw per-hit output.

bjaelke

Eve mid and top lane Nunu. Best of luck.

I agree. The only other item to offer similar stats is Aegis and your support often picks that one up.

Ferga

This game just isn't fair. M5 is way too strong.

Watching Shushei vsing Gragas brings back season 1's championship memories.

EXGN

Yikes, WTF is Elo Hell doing. Props for trying something unexpected, but yikes. Wouldn't try this kinda cheese against M5.

EXGN

That was just pathetic, it's like EloHell is a team of players they picked randomly from the crowd.

EloHell played M5 pretty competitively in Poland, I think if they play a better team comp, Game 2 will be closer. I don't know why you would ever try a cheese comp like that against one of the world's top teams.

Blizzard

Banned
Playing leblanc vs kat mid lane.

Do my combo on her... Q, W and ignite right before she runs into side bush. She's really low so I E into the bush to finish it off..... and it hits and stuns. I run into the bush... and it tethered to a full health lee sin. FML.
Every time a Leblanc dies, a kitten gets its wings.

garath

I like playing riven but how the hell do you guys ever get top lane :(

TOP OR FEED.

Seriously I just start off every game saying:

"top or mid pref, but I can play anything"

I've been playing 80% draft pick lately too so if I'm first or second pick I just take top. Top does seem to be the favorite role of most people though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
People are already hard at work on Syndra fanart. Wonder how OP she'll be upon release.

992n5m.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that Eve, the champion that used to try to sneak right on top of champions, has the new "everyone can see you as though they had oracles" crappy stealth?

And Twitch, Teemo, Shaco, Wukong, Akali, and Rengar all still have the good stealth? :/

EXGN

As much as I hate M5, I would really hate to see them drop out before we have a M5 V CLG EU match. I'm rooting for them to win this one.

Margalis

Banned
They have a Taric, a Kass, a Jax and an Udyr and are still letting Nunu get off full ults.

Edit: And yet another full ult. I don't understand what they are doing. How are none of them saving some CC for it?

garath

They have a Taric, a Kass and a Jax and are still letting Nunu get off full ults.

EloHell is lacking in the focus. They are sticking to Yorick too much and Gragas + Nunu is just wrecking them.

edit: and that last fight really showed their issues. They blew everything on a GA Corki (didn't even kill him for the trouble) and they got ult'd to hell.

EXGN

EloHell is lacking in the focus. They are sticking to Yorick too much and Gragas + Nunu is just wrecking them.

Yeah, the combined AS debuffs on Gragas and Nunu is ridiculous. Even though Graves had so many kills, his damage output was so low because of the debuffs.

Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that Eve, the champion that used to try to sneak right on top of champions, has the new "everyone can see you as though they had oracles" crappy stealth?

And Twitch, Teemo, Shaco, Wukong, Akali, and Rengar all still have the good stealth? :/

She's still the only one with perma stealth, not having to worry about wards when ganking is huge even if they can see you once you get close

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Had a dude 1st pick Yorick mid last night. Proceeded to bitch at my friend and I bot despite top and mid going like a combined 3 kills 12 deaths in the laning phase.

Ferrio

Banned
I like how less than a month ago people were arguing that GA isn't worth building on most characters and I was stupid for buying it, now people are calling for nerfs.

scy

I like how less than a month ago people were arguing that GA isn't worth building on most characters and I was stupid for buying it, now people are calling for nerfs.

People are fickle. Meta changes. People defending/hating things they don't actually understand the logic behind. Normal stuff.

bjaelke

It has certainly won me over in recent tournaments, but I'm still sure it has to do as much with the meta as it has with the item.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

GA isn't that good on previous meta because of the rise of tanky dps, everyone stacking atmog with nearly 4k health + super sustain. GA wouldn't save you from them, since they will just heal back and continue to stack on top of you, and teammate can't burst them down fast enough. BV is the only defensive choice, since once you got hit by slow/stun, you are dead.

After tanky nerf, bursty champion have a place again, and GA hard counter bursty champion with high cd. The 3 seconds invincibility also give enough time for teammate to chase the paper cannon away from your reviving corpse.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I wonder if making champs OP at launch is Riot's new marketing plan. This way everyone buys the champ or the bundle ,since the skins look awesome usually anyway. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom