• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
I wonder if making champs OP at launch is Riot's new marketing plan. This way everyone buys the champ or the bundle ,since the skins look awesome usually anyway. LOL.

Other than Zyra name another one? Diana has yet to be seen. Jayce wasn't, Draven wasn't. Darius took a few hits.

Seriously, it's the same thing people have been saying ever since I started this game, but isn't true. The balancing just isn't perfect in either direction.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Other than Zyra name another one? Diana has yet to be seen. Jayce wasn't, Draven wasn't. Darius took a few hits.

Seriously, it's the same thing people have been saying ever since I started this game, but isn't true. The balancing just isn't perfect in either direction.

Diana is pretty much OP because her scaling is broken. Sure she snowballs hard and she's easy to kill but she's pretty much Akali-level burst before she was nerfed. I wouldn't say it's extremely OP but it's still stronger than above average. Plus from what I heard, Rengar is OP. lol. I'm not saying Jayce is OP. I'm just noticing a trend and making an observation.

IsayFever

Diana is pretty much OP because her scaling is broken. Sure she snowballs hard and she's easy to kill but she's pretty much Akali-level burst before she was nerfed. I wouldn't say it's extremely OP but it's still stronger than above average. Plus from what I heard, Rengar is OP. lol. I'm not saying Jayce is OP. I'm just noticing a trend and making an observation.

Diana is hardly op. Her burst isn't THAT high, and she is so fragile if you build her like an assassin she's easily wiped off. She's nowhere near Zyra levels of broken, or release Darius levels. She's in line with existing champions and can be dealt with accordingly

kayos90

Diana is hardly op. Her burst isn't THAT high, and she is so fragile if you build her like an assassin she's easily wiped off. She's nowhere near Zyra levels of broken, or release Darius levels. She's in line with existing champions and can be dealt with accordingly

Sorry, I thought I had put it in there but I guess I didn't. She snowballs and her scaling for skills are extremely good. Sure she's squishy but people get pubstomped by her so easy. I'm not saying she's super OP. I'm saying that she's stronger than normal and to me that is defined as OP. Just saying, high level burst champions/OP champions might be some sort of marketing strategy. My focus was more on marketing than the actual champions being what levels/degree of OP.

Ferrio

Banned
Diana is no more OP than leblanc is. Only thing diana has going for her over leblanc is she can actually scale into late game.

edit: Oh and she can jungle.

scy

I can't say anything about skins since I've purchased Jayce, Zyra, and Diana all with their skins T.T

Though I'll probably skip Rengar's skin!

EXGN

I wonder if making champs OP at launch is Riot's new marketing plan. This way everyone buys the champ or the bundle ,since the skins look awesome usually anyway. LOL.

I know you're being sarcastic, but really the only OP champions released this year have been the last few IIRC. Sejuani, Ziggs, Hecarim, Varus, Lulu, Jayce, Draven, etc., all felt alright, if not a bit underwhelming.

I would say Darius and Zyra were the only ones completely out of line at launch (and maybe Diana, but I honestly haven't played against her enough).

kayos90

I know you're being sarcastic, but really the only OP champions released this year have been the last few IIRC. Sejuani, Ziggs, Hecarim, Varus, Lulu, Jayce, Draven, etc., all felt alright, if not a bit underwhelming.

I would say Darius and Zyra were the only ones completely out of line at launch (and maybe Diana, but I honestly haven't played against her enough).

I'm not saying all the releases. I'm just looking at Zyra, Diana, what I heard from Rengar. That's all.

Thanks for assuming that I was being sarcastic when I really wasn't.

scy

In all honesty, Diana isn't that special. Zyra was a bit ridiculous in how broad her abilities. Rengar seems to be a good case of the top lane power creep going on but we'll see how bad it actually is when he releases.

But I guess I don't really know what to consider "average." She doesn't feel that ridiculous based off some 80-ish (Dominion) games with her unless it's versus bad players.

inb4 loldominion

scy

diana will probably get some nerfs on Q ratio but nothing more.

It depends on the role they really want her in. If they want her to be more of a mid laner, probably lower some base damages and adjust ratios. If they want to keep her as a Jungler, they'll nerf Q some most likely.

http://youtu.be/SqsW7AXQi2g

Scary. Full AD rune page though so eh.

To be fair, an over extended Lee Sin would've died to most all-in 1v1s right there. The bigger problem is Rengar's gap close.

Still a ridiculous damage output since that was, what, four hits?

EXGN

I'm not saying all the releases. I'm just looking at Zyra, Diana, what I heard from Rengar. That's all.

Thanks for assuming that I was being sarcastic when I really wasn't.

Sorry, I thought the LOL at the end of your statement implied sarcasm/facetiousness. Definitely looking at just the last three, I could see your point. I still don't think any of them are quite as out of control as release Xin/LB/Vayne though.

gVX2R.jpg

LIjWx.jpg

Really liking the MF one.

Is this art going to be put into the game?

scy

Matchmaking trolling me :| I know lolmatches is out of date and all but, really, shafting me with being the fifth in a 1500ish elo team? Low elo games man...so much rage and bitter while being bad.

In other news, TSM Evo vs Curse just starting for NESL. I have no words for this Lee Sin/J4 bot lane, Soraka mid game.

Ferga

why the hell is evo doing?

Are they just playing around because they don't want to give out their strategies for the championships? Or did brandon's presence in the team just made them try and break the meta?

methane47

nvm

i did some jungle ali for the first time tonite... (also my first time jungling)

annndd it was an epic disaster. I had to recall after the wolves '-_-. Couldn't handle blue or red because no one was leashing .... i pretty much just ran wolf, wraith then golem then fail attempt gank.

I still think i played well for a first time considering i never jungled before.
iSZMWcLvkysnG.png

Ken

nvm

i did some jungle ali for the first time tonite... (also my first time jungling)

annndd it was an epic disaster. I had to recall after the wolves '-_-. Couldn't handle blue or red because no one was leashing .... i pretty much just ran wolf, wraith then golem then fail attempt gank.

I still think i played well for a first time considering i never jungled before.
iSZMWcLvkysnG.png

No runes?

And yeah it's rough if no one leashes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It works fine. It's been keeping track of my games since last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom