• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hey, I heard that GAF has its own ranked premade team but I want to actually create a more serious and more dedicated team of GAF players that are willing to play a certain amount of games with its team members and practice. This is something akin to what pro-players do. Of course I don't expect this dedication straight off the bat but I'm definitely leaning towards the idea of having a competitive GAF team. While I don't have the specifics detailed out yet, Phoenix and I thought it would be a cool idea for GAF to actually coordinate something much more solid. If you guys are interested in doing this then please respond to this with what two roles you are best at.

Boken

Banned
Shyvana or Twitch.

Shy's ult Q cleave proc it among everyone you hit, so it's kinda exponential it's pretty brutal if you can get people grouped. Same with twitch.
I agree with Ferrio.

Hey, I heard that GAF has its own ranked premade team but I want to actually create a more serious and more dedicated team of GAF players that are willing to play a certain amount of games with its team members and practice. This is something akin to what pro-players do. Of course I don't expect this dedication straight off the bat but I'm definitely leaning towards the idea of having a competitive GAF team. While I don't have the specifics detailed out yet, Phoenix and I thought it would be a cool idea for GAF to actually coordinate something much more solid. If you guys are interested in doing this then please respond to this with what two roles you are best at.
These serious players should practice in solo queue when the rest of the team aren't on!

I think everyone knows my best role.

AP mid and Jungle, awwwwwwww yeah

In all seriousness, I just won two games as Graves, with one being 4v5.

I think I'm getting the hang of him.

Ferga

There was one then we lost 2 in a row and now it's dead

fQ4Gw.jpg

games should never last this long :(

they were straight murderfacing us and I TOLDED MY TEAM TO GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER

also my build is kinda assy

bjaelke

58 minutes isn't that unusual. My longest game lastest 1 hour 21 minutes because my team was incompetent (that unfortunately included me) and incapable of capitalizing on our baron fights/buffs. After every fight we'd go back, shop, clear both jungles and then start pushing all three lanes at the same time. By the time we reached the inhibitors, the enemy team would be back and ready to defend.

Volimar

I had a hell of a dominion game earlier. It was neck and neck the entire match. I got two double kills as Heimer. We ended up barely winning with 5 health left on our nexus. Man I love games like that.

y2dvd

I would seriously consider this. I would want to play a bunch of "practice" games in Normal first with yall before doing Ranked. I can do most roles pretty well except ap I guess.

ElectraStar

Just had my first free Leona week game. I was Siviring it up, and she was with me down bot vs MF + Alistar. Idiot kept blowing her combo on minion waves and then complained because I was 10 cs behind MF.
WTF YO?!

Thankfully, it's also free MF week. Huehuehuehue

edit: Also, I approve of Bind's Karma, UNLIKE YOU LOSERS

Looks like I won't be on my computer for the next few days, so while i may try to get in LoL, I won't have mumble/mic available as I will be attempting t play on my parents' computers.

As far as the ranked team goes, its worth knowing what time zone everyone is in as well. I figure some sort of format would be best to keep things organized.

Summoner Name: Phoenixazure
Preferred Role: Support
Secondary Role(s): Jungler, Solo Top
Time Zone: EST

kayos90

Looks like I won't be on my computer for the next few days, so while i may try to get in LoL, I won't have mumble/mic available as I will be attempting t play on my parents' computers.

As far as the ranked team goes, its worth knowing what time zone everyone is in as well. I figure some sort of format would be best to keep things organized.

Sounds awesome

Summoner Name: Kayos90
Preferred Role: AP Mid
Secondary: Solo Top
Time Zone: CST

Mxrz

Digging jungle Shyvana. Not entirely sure what I'm doing (only jungled a handful of times) but been trying to get lanes early kills with surprise/exhaust. - I've been going tanky with some AD, then late game ult-ing into team fights, using all her abilities and hoping my team can win while they focus me. Seems like 1 death in return for the team getting 4 or 5 kills might be an okay trade off.

Biggest issue seems to be my teams taking jungle creeps after about 10-15 minutes. Not sure if that is common thing or not, but running back and forth trying to cover/hold needy lanes starts leaving me behind on xp/gold when there's no quick creeps to snag in between.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
looking at leona builds. she has no dmg iteams. and her skills are AP. i don't just don't get how this champ doesn't just plateau early game and die repeatedly.

looking at leona builds. she has no dmg iteams. and her skills are AP. i don't just don't get how this champ doesn't just plateau early game and die repeatedly.

At least in my play, the attraction with Leona is the insane amount of CC she has (1 targeted melee Stun, a ranged snare/pull, and a ranged A.O.E. Stun/Slow Ult before counting potental items she could get such as Randuins or Rylais (which procs AOE style from her shield burst and Ult)) along with her passive, which deals extra damage whenever one of her team mates pop them. She may die, but a 1-5 tradeoff more than makes up for it, so her main schtick is to secure those kills early and often.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, Leona is mainly played by Kiunch, who will be aggressive, try to get early kills, and be mad at you when you don't kill people as AD carry. ;( Raging Leona for life.

Karma is one of those champions who's terrible if you play her, or if she's on your team, but amazing on the other team. If an enemy Karma shows up and you make fun of Karma for being the worst champion ever, you will find the enemy champions never dying because of her shield, heals like crazy, incredible damage, minion waves vanishing under her flying knives, etc.

It's a curse, like the GAF game a couple of nights ago when the other team had an Eve and jungle Twitch. No problem, we just bought green wards nad pink wards and oracles and everything...and still got crushed, basically had no chance.

In conclusion, champions are OP if they're on the other team. :mad:

XeroSauce

You build her as an initiator and a tank. She has some of the best consistent CC in the game and can make or break a kill lane.

She is also incredibly tanky when you build her in that direction and it can be hard to kill her. If she did tons o' damage, she would be too versatile.

XeroSauce

CC is a shorthand term used for "crowd control", an all-around phrase used to describe any kind of effect in the game that disabled enemy champions, whether that be slows, stuns, binds, fears, silences, blinds, dances, etc.

For example, Morg has two CC, her Q's bind, and her Ult's slow > snare.

Yeah, Leona is mainly played by Kiunch, who will be aggressive, try to get early kills, and be mad at you when you don't kill people as AD carry. ;( Raging Leona for life.

This is why you go Southern's Jarvan with Kiunch's Leona.

Sounds awesome

Sure, I'll throw my hat into the ring. Consistency would be nice.

Summoner Name: SouthernDragon
Preferred Role: AD Bot, Solo Top, Support
Secondary: AP Mid

IsayFever

Such haters on karma...

She has insane harass, a strong as fuck shield, a scaling % based heal, and a slow. She's perfect for an aggressive bot lane

IsayFever

You guys act like she's the worst champ in the game :O She is a strong solo lane pick, but her damage does fall off eventually, and she works well in bot lane against sustain champs like soraka or a derpy sona.

kayos90

Alright, this is what we have so far for a serious ranked team. Anyone else interested that want to shoot this thing up? Below is the original post

Summoner Name: SouthernDragon
Preferred Role: AD Bot, Solo Top, Support
Secondary: AP Mid

EXGN

Summoner Name: ExcelBeyond
Preferred Role: AP Mid, Top or Jungle
Secondary: Ranged AD
Not very experienced at: Support

I feel I'm a pretty good player in theory - I remember to time the buffs, I ward, I make safe decisions in regards to ganks, counter jungling or taking advantage of bad positioning. My execution could probably be better, though.

Either way, it would be nice to just get a group together that plays consistently. <3 GAF, but we have such a wide number of people that I never have any idea who plays what and I'll accidentally ban someone's champ, pick someone else's role or get shoved into a position I'm not that great at.

kayos90

You guys act like she's the worst champ in the game :O She is a strong solo lane pick, but her damage does fall off eventually, and she works well in bot lane against sustain champs like soraka or a derpy sona.

Which champ are you talking about?

JesseZao

I'd like to get better at jungling, but right now I have limited champions for it.

Summoner Name: Jecosm
Preferred Role: Solo Top, AP Mid
Secondary: Jungler, AD Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom