• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karmas not bad, her "weakness" is that shes not a better AP mage than the real AP mages and shes not a better early game support than sona/soraka etc.

Ferrio

Banned
Digging jungle Shyvana. Not entirely sure what I'm doing (only jungled a handful of times) but been trying to get lanes early kills with surprise/exhaust. - I've been going tanky with some AD, then late game ult-ing into team fights, using all her abilities and hoping my team can win while they focus me. Seems like 1 death in return for the team getting 4 or 5 kills might be an okay trade off.

Biggest issue seems to be my teams taking jungle creeps after about 10-15 minutes. Not sure if that is common thing or not, but running back and forth trying to cover/hold needy lanes starts leaving me behind on xp/gold when there's no quick creeps to snag in between.

I run her with smite/flash. Armor yellows, scaling mr blues, movespeed quints, and a mixture of armor pen/mr pen reds.

I have pretty normal attack masteries for her, except I get both the 5 point trees for ap/ad (the cooldown one->mr pen, attack speed->arm pen). So it's something like 33/5 or some crap.

My usual item build:

-Cloth armor/5 pots.
-Shoes
-Finish wriggles
-finish Merc treads
-Phage
-Ionic Spark
-Finish frozen mallet
-Atma's Impaler
-Abyssal Scepter (or situational item if someone already has one)
-Sell Wriggles get Stark's Fevor

Skill order:

W-Q-W-E R>W>Q>E

You really should have no issue being under leveled/gold as her. She clears jungle (yours an your opponents) that even if you fail ganks you're still golden. If you're confident and you know how their jungler works you can even go for a kill on them instead of ganking lane (which is hard for shy to do).

looking at leona builds. she has no dmg iteams. and her skills are AP. i don't just don't get how this champ doesn't just plateau early game and die repeatedly.

Cause she does plateau. You build straight up tank, try not to die and stun as much as possible.

Such haters on karma...

She has insane harass, a strong as fuck shield, a scaling % based heal, and a slow. She's perfect for an aggressive bot lane

I'm with you, I love Karma solo lanes.

Karmas not bad, her "weakness" is that shes not a better AP mage than the real AP mages and shes not a better early game support than sona/soraka etc.

I find her one of the best end game supports though (long as she was allowed to farm). That shield nasty nasty nasty.

y2dvd

Only one way to settle Karma debate - INHOUSE!

Summoner Name: y2dvd
Preferred Role: Anything asides from AP
Secondary: AP
Time Zone: Central

I should be playing tonight. Bringing back Shen!

Ark

cPyoY.png

I love Ahri <3

Flare

iLRIFXzg4b5aZ.png

That carry Ryze. This game showcased how to properly take advantage of an enemy disconnecting.

Also, note: That's NOT how you play Riven. That's all.

Wrekt

Man, Vlad with a WotA and a Vlad without a WotA is night and day. The game shouldn't let you buy other items (besides boots, wards and pots) until you own one.

Ferga

naGAF/Believe VS Kayos' team. Let's see who can get the better elo. May the best team win.

It's funny that in our team, each person has at least 3 roles.

Achtius

naGAF/Believe VS Kayos' team. Let's see who can get the better elo. May the best team win.

Bind can play any role
UFO can play any role
Rizzle can play any role
Star can play any role
Rex can play any role
Kiunch can play any role
Achtius can only play 3 roles :(

Blizzard

Banned
Bind can play any role
UFO can play any role
Rizzle can play any role
Star can play any role
Rex can play any role
Kiunch can play any role
Achtius can only play 3 roles :(
I can play any role, I'm just a terrible jungler. >.>

I think I'm in two teams now, but I'm not usually available except from 9-midnight EST, and weekends.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I'm not trying to start my own team. I'm trying to have a more consistent GAF team that practices and plays ranked games in a very coordinated manner instead of random single/duo queue.

Aphexian

Huh, they're updating bot mode finally.

I'm glad they actually saw that they needed to have something done about them. I wonder if these bots will be good enough to warrant people playing them and actually teach them how to play competitively. The only thing that was semi hard about the intermediate bots is that they would stack armor and HP in the late game and make it so you couldn't just burst them down really easily. I'm very interested is seeing how they move and strategize.

So I've been playing pretty much nothing but Dominion for the last month or so and I made up a sort of kind of tier list broken up into roles.

There are three tiers - priority picks that should be taken or banned ASAP if possible, secondary picks if the priorities are not available, and situational picks. These are champs that should be chosen even over priorities at times after considering the other team's composition.

Champs that can do multiple things are only listed in the category they are strongest in.

This list was made taking my own experience, league of stats, and several other dominion guides into account.

TANK

Priority - Singed
Secondary - Maokai, Amumu, Malphite
Situational - Leona, Alistair, Galio

AP

Priority - Ryze, Cassiopeia, Akali
Secondary - Leblanc, Kennen, Ahri, Rumble
Situational - Malzahar, Lux

Defender/Pusher

Priority - Karthus, Yorick, Heimerdinger
Secondary - Soraka, Mordekaiser
Situational - Urgot, Sivir, Twisted Fate

Bruiser

Priority - Sion, Wukong, Irelia, Poppy, Jax
Secondary - Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Pantheon, Xin Zhao, Nocturne, Riven
Situational - Lee Sin, Dr. Mundo, Garen, Tryndamere

Roamer

Priority - Rammus, Shaco
Secondary - Talon, Kassadin
Situational - Eve, Twitch, Katarina

AD Ranged

Priority - Kog'maw, Ezreal
Secondary - Vayne, Graves
Situational - Miss Fortune

XeroSauce

Leona is fun. I was basically handing out kills with her. Jax does exceptionally well under pressure because people underestimate him at low health. Double stun plus a slow equals assist for me and a kill for Jax.

Miss Fortune...I don't see what she can do that Graves can't do better, other then maybe the healing debuff and counter-minion waves (but any AD can take care of minion waves, really).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just had the best LoL match of my entire life.

It was 1 hour long, and the highlights were my penta kill and a time when I single-handedly defended the final two turrets against a Mundo, a Twitch and a Skarner by murdering them.

I think I'm going to avoid touching the game for at least one week now, haha.

HzvU9.png

Blizzard

Banned
besides buying 2 infi's its not that bad.
And yet he was the best on his team with two IE's!

2 Warmogs isn't bad? Wut?
And yet Mundo was the best on his team with two warmogs!

They may not be the best, but they apparently worked okay in this game and I'm glad if it was fun. :D

New champion is a Yordle!
Yey.
If this is true, hooray! It is about time that yordles got equal rights. Turnip and I have been campaigning for ages.

XeroSauce

Q: Lay Waste-esque farming tool, grenade
W: Gas tool to slow enemies in a radius like Smokescreen, grenade
E: Steroid that buffs all grenade and auto attacks (he eats a grenade)
R: Heimer's E with a blind and stun in a perimeter that is on a short cooldown, also a grenade

My guesses

I single-handedly defended the final two turrets against a Mundo, a Twitch and a Skarner by murdering them.
]

I love this sentence so much.

I did something similar when I was below level 15, when as Tristana I defended the Nexus turrets by myself against 5 enemies. All 4 of my allies had disconnected.

I held the line for so long and killed so many that my allies eventually came back and actually started playing.

We won.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I love when I solo que for dominion instead of following the lose meta half of my team just runs around clueless, tries to cap the point closes to the other teams base, and never tries to fight and defend under a capped tower. They just run off into the middle jungle after capping top and die, or think hey we no worries that they got top we'll cap their bot tower for 2 seconds then run away.

*Le Sigh*

Volimar

Q: Lay Waste-esque farming tool, grenade
W: Gas tool to slow enemies in a radius like Smokescreen, grenade
E: Steroid that buffs all grenade and auto attacks (he eats a grenade)
R: Heimer's E with a blind and stun in a perimeter that is on a short cooldown, also a grenade

My guesses

I think the R will be a damaging grenade that knocks up a small aoe and stuns direct hits.

Also, looking forward to the coop vs AI upgrades. Will be nice to try builds on dominion before getting bitched at by four other people.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Everyone I'm getting grouped with today is being super annoying. Like, I'll go back to buy with well over 3k gold and the team pushes a tower without me and then complains that they died annoying.

Ferny

I'm interested in the competitive GAF team. I was trying to set a team up with thestopsign but no idea what happened to that. I only play ranked games now anyway so it works perfectly.

Summoner Name: kurruptt
Preferred Role: AP Mid but can play anything needed.
Secondary: Jungler
Time Zone: EST

Ferga

oQQsG.jpg

Kennen and Wukong give anivia 5kills in the first 15minutes. Lost the first 3 dragons and a baron. Team pressed for a surrender. Thankfully me and trist said no.

Planned some team co-odination after that. Aced the enemy team 3 times. Win game.

P.s Lee sin counters nidalee soo hard. The guy auto attacked for pretty much the entire laning phase and i could only get 3 kills off of him. :\

bjaelke

So I just found out that TSM is moving to EUW and are currently leveling new accounts. Everyone in the last game was saying stupid stuff in all chat (bro bro bro and bay life). Turns out Reginald was in the game and 4k people could see me suck as Corki
KuGsj.gif

Edit: yeah, must have been him judging from his stream. funny how queue times are automatically lowered when someone streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom