• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Cassiopeia_Desperada.jpg

Happy now? :eek:

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just played a match solo que where I was Rammy and they had a Rammy. We both were jungling too.

Get this! After we won I was like WTF was up with that other Rammy? I see his build order and it's as follows

wriggles --> boots of mobility --> phantom dancer --> aegis legion

LAWL!!!

JesseZao

I just played a match solo que where I was Rammy and they had a Rammy. We both were jungling too.

Get this! After we won I was like WTF was up with that other Rammy? I see his build order and it's as follows

wriggles --> boots of mobility --> phantom dancer --> aegis legion

LAWL!!!

He likes to be rolling fast.

Blizzard

Banned
The best was getting say phantom dancers, boots of mobility, ghost and revive back in the day. Revive was nerfed but you can still do something similar with rammus in dominion. Hit the speedball and ghost and I think it goes up to like 700 movespeed briefly.

bjaelke

The best was getting say phantom dancers, boots of mobility, ghost and revive back in the day. Revive was nerfed but you can still do something similar with rammus in dominion. Hit the speedball and ghost and I think it goes up to like 700 movespeed briefly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8KJhySZoI
3k move speed. Pretty useless because he has to sacrifice everything else, but funny nevertheless.
Has anyone noticed that Cait's right leg is horribly disfigured?

Didn't even notice she had legs.

Ark

On that note, what does everyone think the best champion art is?

It's gotta be Ahri, I mean just look, she's a nine-tailed floating fox with magic.

Also just an excuse for me to post this. Also also; cleavage.

Ahri_splash_0.jpg

SpectreRT

Hey everyone. I am a newer LoL player. I picked up Riven, as I like her quick style and movement abilities.

Have any pointers for a new player, besides: "Don't tower dive," and "Don't suck?" I get that enough from the community in-game chat.

Thanks for any pointers.

Ark

Hey everyone. I am a newer LoL player. I picked up Riven, as I like her quick style and movement abilities.

Have any pointers for a new player, besides: "Don't tower dive," and "Don't suck?" I get that enough from the community in-game chat.

Thanks for any pointers.

Watch the IEM Kiev finals & semi-final games, watch the streams from the pro players on own3d.tv, practice practice practice and other than that, you'll have to be more specific really.

SpectreRT

Watch the IEM Kiev finals & semi-final games, watch the streams from the pro players on own3d.tv, practice practice practice and other than that, you'll have to be more specific really.

Appreciate the reply. Gonna look them up.

My issue so far has been knowing when to burst against the opponent. Also; when I should be in either lane. I assume with a character like Riven, should always be in the bottom lane (3v3) and top/bottom for 5v5?

Appreciate it.

Ark

I pretty much refuse to play 3v3 because for some reason I never win there, so in regards to 5v5 as Riven you'll want to be solo-top most of the time (presuming you have a jungler, which you should if you're over level 16, otherwise going duo top lane as Riven is just as fine).

You'll want to make sure you can always buy a green vision ward on every trip back to base and then place that ward in the river near your brush, this will let you see if any enemy players are trying to come in and gank you.

If your opponent is a another melee bruiser like Irelia, Nasus, etc, then you'll want to be trying to do as much harass as you can if you appear to be the stronger player & champion, but you need to make sure you don't over extend too much (being in their half of the lane for too long), if you've got your lane pushed up to their turret, take that chance to recall and spend your excess gold. Also, you can try playing slightly more passively and letting your minion waves get pushed back to your half of the lane, which will force the enemy champion to either over extend or miss out on farm at which point you should eventually be able to catch him out of position and try and go for the kill.

Like I said, at the end of the day it comes down to practice. The more you practice with the same champion in similar scenarios (i.e. solo top Riven) the quicker you'll pick up subtle 'knacks' and tricks to playing that set up.

AcridMeat

Banned
I don't understand this game sometimes.
CGxzV.jpg

atoiu.jpg

The support forum is broken for me too so I can't even post a thread about it...That attack number is 57.

Thanks for any pointers.

You should either be jungle or top with Riven.

Last hit all the minions.
Ward your river.

For Riven, buy damage items, avoid health items, prioritize Q and E, get a Bloodthirster.

Blizzard

Banned
You should either be jungle or top with Riven.

Last hit all the minions.
Ward your river.

For Riven, buy damage items, avoid health items, prioritize Q and E, get a Bloodthirster.
I recommend maxing W as soon as possible, then Q unless your shield isn't strong enough (in which case occasionally level E).

I also recommend going shoes and potions -> brutalizer (and mercury treads if you have enough gold) -> bloodthirster. If you're taking heavy damage and have enough gold, buying the 700 gold armor thing might be a good idea early too.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The Caitlyn skin has so much potential, but Riot left out the best possible feature
b5oQN.jpg

Flare

Also, we can't forget Kiunch's true love:

[IG]http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflegends/images/1/12/Evelynn_MasqueradeLoading.jpg[/IMG]
Sooooo rooouuuuunnnd

edit: And as a bonus, you get weird crotch action!!

That dress, I think it should be physically impossible to even keep that thing on... who designs these things?

I personally think the chinese version looks a lot better but that's just me.

Also, I am starting to like Lux a lot more. When I first got her months ago I couldn't do anything with her but now it makes sense for some reason and I'm seeing a lot of success with her.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I personally think the chinese version looks a lot better but that's just me.

Also, I am starting to like Lux a lot more. When I first got her months ago I couldn't do anything with her but now it makes sense for some reason and I'm seeing a lot of success with her.

Good man. Lux so good.

Blizzard

Banned
All random all mid crazy time. The promote team versus the team that ended up with tanks but didn't think of switching to promote:

aramw1pr3.png

We got pushed up to our inhibitor tower, I think without taking down any of their turrets, and nocturne was unstoppable with an early warmogs. People started getting more powerful though, and malphite + galio got some hilarious double ults, and my mushrooms started doing like 800 damage (thanks to no oracles). Fun times.

Ferga

Today was interesting. Never have I raged so hard that I had to stop playing, shut my computer off and just go out for a run. 4 people just going at each other's throats when someone died. Had a Caitlyn (who i got to 10/0 in lane as soraka) just feed 5 times just because i didn't heal her while she fought 2 people (it was on cooldown). Everyone throwing the game in one way or another. Somehow we won after I calmed everyone down and coordinated a little backdoor as the other team began to take baron.

Solo queue... never again.

bjaelke

I feel your pain. Two people on my team want to jungle (Xin and Rammus). Neither of them picks smite. We agree that Rammus should jungle and Xin can go solo top. Xin "steals" his blue buff at the start of the game and tells Rammus that he doesn't need it for such a noob champ. Xin then gives first blood to their Shaco jungle 1 minute later. We managed to prolong the inevitable defeat for 40 odd minutes and at the end Xin and Rammus had a combined score of 4/35/9. Out total team deaths were around 45 :/

Feature

Banned
ha! The jungling fight is always funny. People fighting in chat for jungle or someone who wants to solo and can't because nobody is jungling, rages and goes afk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom