• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

Wait, 1300+ is considered ELO hell? I thought 1200 was supposed to be average/normal/starting ELO. You should come on down to my level at like, -800. :p

I've experienced elo hell from 1300-1600 range. There's no escaping it!

I wonder why I don't see more Xin players out there. I had a fantastic game last night with him doing my first quadrakill ^^. But besides from that his sustain with a vampiric scepter in the jungle is incredible. And I think his ganks are pretty good as well.

He's a great jungler. It's just when it comes to team fights, he really has no way of escaping. If you get focused, peace out xin.

He's a great jungler. It's just when it comes to team fights, he really has no way of escaping. If you get focused, peace out xin.

Hmm... I'm getting the point. Then it seems that the other team was really just to stupid to shut me down. But what about Skarner who is considered as one of the top junglers these days, isn't he lacking of an escape too (or even Shyvana as well)?

Edit: Thinking of this it comes to my mind that Shyv or Skarner maybe fit more into the Tank role, and dont need to build AD as Xin, no?

Boken

Banned
I've experienced elo hell from 1300-1600 range. There's no escaping it!

Everywhere is ELO HELL.

Blizzard

Banned
In addition to the Ziggs games, I tried Sejuani one bot game last night. She feels like Shyvana or Mundo with the AOE circle damage, except like, not as fun, powerful, or useful as either of them. The ult is good but that's about it. If I wanted to use a charge attack I'd play volibear so I could at least flip someone with it.

bjaelke

6xRHS.png

The only real meta is to send one to the bottom and three top while one captures the mid turret.

Other than that, it's all about them counter picks.

Heavy ad enemy team? Grab Malphite, Urgot, etc.

Heavy ap? Kassadin, Galio.

They managed to get Yorick? Send sivir bot.

You want to try for balanced damaged, such as two AP and three AD with one dedicated tank with heavy CC, preferably low CDs as well.

Okay, my games were nothing like that. It was all ad except for me. Everyone running around with Thornmail and stacking ad items.

y2dvd

Hmm... I'm getting the point. Then it seems that the other team was really just to stupid to shut me down. But what about Skarner who is considered as one of the top junglers these days, isn't he lacking of an escape too (or even Shyvana as well)?

Edit: Thinking of this it comes to my mind that Shyv or Skarner maybe fit more into the Tank role, and dont need to build AD as Xin, no?

You got the right idea. Shyv also does consistent dmg to the entire team, her ult is a good initiator and she can escape with it. Skarner's ult leaves him relatively safe in team fights and is an awesome initiator, plus he has that ms! Lee Sin can initiate from afar and retreat quickly with w.

There's two ways to play Xin: Commando style or clean up. You either initiate knowing you will be focused and try to ult everyone. Or you have to wait until you know they will focus hopefully your tank and not switch the focus on you and then clean up on everything.

Then there's always this way of playing him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-6vYobie4&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPDBE6C3B642E93EEF

Everywhere is ELO HELL.
I keep lying to myself and saying there's an end in sight. :(

Oh god, now I want to play Jungle Xin while blasting Mulan in the background. :(

That said, Commando Xin can be pretty heroic. Had a game recently where a Xin dived in 1v5 near Baron (us Blue), and scared the shit out of them so they blew their ults on him. We swooped in immediately after and aced them.

What a man.

EGM92

why did you say 'Reported' there? I see no reason for that in the conversation shown in the screenshot. Or were you offended by the word 'fucked' ?

The barrage of "STFU FAGGOT" is why I report, after calling him bad. And well deserved I hope he gets banned.

Edit: Another Legendary game. Said they were going to feed before the game started...

Failure%20team..png

Why do I get players like this?!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
MOBA's are weird.

Valve's is way too complicated for new people and Blizzard's looks like it will be too casual/accessible.

You need to place the skill ceiling and knowledge burden low enough for new people to get into them, but high enough that it doesn't turn them off completely.

Just got my invite to Dota 2 as well. Played a game, then all 4 team mates disconnected after playing terrible. One of them was 0/5/0. Way to feed them. Oh well, back to LoL.

I did the same thing with DotA 2.

I'll wait until there's enough of a player base that there will be good matchmaking, and for part of the LoL-GAF community to play with me.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Never played dota b4. Played first 2 dota2 matches ever with windrunner. 1st one went 17/4 and lost due to an afk underleveled. 2nd went 4/9 and won. Both were hour long games. I think it's alright, just the store needs to be friendlier for noobs

Blizzard

Banned
Never played dota b4. Played first 2 dota2 matches ever with windrunner. 1st one went 17/4 and lost due to an afk underleveled. 2nd went 4/9 and won. Both were hour long games. I think it's alright, just the store needs to be friendlier for noobs
I was trying to avoid derailing this thread too much but I'll throw my bit to the pile -- I tried it, and some things about it seemed decent, but figuring out the user interface/store/item etc. stuff was probably the most confusing to me. I also hated that it was so hard to try to get a humans versus bots game with random people going. If there was a way to get matched with noobs and beat down bot teams so I could become more comfortable with the controls and items, that would be great, and it'll probably happen eventually.

Overall my feeling was basically always "meh", whereas with LoL, even if I never enjoyed it much, I masochistically kept playing it more and more. XD

Swig_

So, I finally got my DOTA2 beta invite.

Meh.

Back to LoL.

I got my Dota invite a couple of months ago. One of my friends is really into it.

It just wasn't fun. The champions all seem fairly boring with no personality and the rules seem like they don't encourage fun gameplay. Losing money upon dying is really rough. Yeah, it makes dying a bigger issue and probably teaches people to be more aware and play safer, but that's something I like about LoL. I can have fun and screw around and still pull off a win. You can take risks that add enjoyment to the gameplay without worrying about screwing over your entire team for the rest of the game.

Meh.

brian!

Used to play Dota a lot, but I feel like I'm kind of out of the loop + don't want to have to relearn what everything looks like. Tri-lane meta also stressful haha

EGM92

Why the fuck... Riot is punishing me for something I did in a past life. I just know it. LB bought 14 pots after dieing 3 times to brand in the first 10min.

Fail%20team..png

MutFox

Banned
really? I find summoners rift to be excruciatingly boring

dominion is the best parts of LoL (lategame spell spam, skirmishes) in a short period of time
which is why its so much more fun

DOM is fun, but there's almost never a 5v5.
It's great for practicing combos though.

I won't be switching MOBAs, no matter how popular DOTA2 becomes. My only complaint about LoL is the terrible community, and I imagine DOTA2's will likely be even worse.

Blizzard

Banned
I only played bot games last night, so today I dived into my first Ziggs PVP game, featuring my friend the Super Teemo.

ziggs_1kraz9.png

I'm not as pro as I'd like to be, but at least my team carried me. =D

Blizzard

Banned
Cool build o_O
I am insane, and yet playing him as Explosive Teemo is too amusing to ignore. >_> I tried a more AD-oriented build with bots and was getting crits over 800 damage, and that may not be counting the bonus attack damage crit. The problem is, without crazy mana regen and/or cooldown reduction, you won't be able to use abilities often enough for the autoattack damage boost to happen very often.

Ferny

I did a total switch from LoL to Dota2 and doubt i'll ever look back. I had over 700hrs put into LoL according to Raptr, but Im just having way more fun in Dota2 than I was in LoL. The skill cap is just so much higher and it really causes you to be alert at all times.

Ferga

I wish zigg had a 0.7+ scaling on his passive. If he did, i would have instantly bought him to go bot to stir up the meta.

Wit's end, rylai, DC, lichbane

If only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom