• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

I haven't seen a good Ziggs yet. His ultimate makes for some hilarious moments but otherwise all I see are mana-starved Ziggs spamming their mines hoping someone will walk though more then 3 of them.

Mxrz

I haven't seen a good Ziggs yet. His ultimate makes for some hilarious moments but otherwise all I see are mana-starved Ziggs spamming their mines hoping someone will walk though more then 3 of them.

Yeah, I know its the first day and all but still. I thought he would be good at driving people off towers, but when someone tried it on me, I just shrugged it off.

You should roll Rammy anyways. I mean they already nerfed him so maybe Riot thinks that's good enough. He's fun to play especially if you don't have any other tanks you normally play.

ok.

AcridMeat

Banned

My first game with him was 6/7/22. Definitely not amazing, I found his mines are great for turning the tides from being chased to becoming the attackers with your team. Especially with teammates coming from behind to help. Plus any AOE stun + Ziggs' ult is wonderful.

MultiCore

Sona perceived to be better than Soraka, but the numbers show otherwise.

Not sure I agree with this.

Sona was picked so many more times than Soraka, almost 3 times as many.
I don't think this an accurate reflection of who the better support is. I'm not saying I think Sona is better, just that I don't think these stats say much about these two characters, especially in "Who's better?" terms.

*Shrug*

EGM92

Nasus%20Failure.png

This is why I hate playing ranked. Look at Nasus' build then factor in that he's diving the turret 1v5 and dying and feeding graves.

ELO hell is a bitch.

Blizzard

Banned
Wait, 1300+ is considered ELO hell? I thought 1200 was supposed to be average/normal/starting ELO. You should come on down to my level at like, -800. :p

EGM92

Wait, 1300+ is considered ELO hell? I thought 1200 was supposed to be average/normal/starting ELO. You should come on down to my level at like, -800. :p

I was at 1450. i've lost like 5 ranked games in a row... all bad players. People who have no business playing ranked.

EXGN

First game as Ziggs I went 8/2/16 and it was a 4v5 that we had in our grasp. Definitely like so far.

I know people are crying OP, but I think he seems pretty balanced so far - they could maybe nerf his ratios a bit. He's really fragile and his escape move isn't exactly a sure-fire thing like Caitlyn's net/Graves dash/LB tele, etc. In the Ziggs matches I've played, I've generally been able to counter him by going boots first and dodging his Q. He's so mana starved early that he can't exactly spam it it, so juking it a few times should make the lane go much more smoothly.

Ferga

It's always a fun game when Saintvicious and TheOddOne play against each other. Watching them fight and calling each other douches is hilarious

Aphexian

Riot talked a big game about those bots. Guess what? They're still just as bad and going to teach people bad habits. They need to make a 3rd difficulty level where the bots sit in the bush and wait for a good moment to go in, they force Baron fights, make dragon control important, etc. Otherwise the bots still aren't teaching them anything useful. They're teaching them that over extending is perfectly okay because they'll always come out of the jungle where the creep waves meet and never get ganked from behind.

Blizzard

Banned
People playing bots probably don't care too much about being competitive in PVP, they may just have fun playing bots.

Unfortunately, with new psychic bot Karthus, playing bots is no longer relaxing. =( Also insta-cleanse bots.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
She was fun to me when I was just running around for fun and commentating at soda cop. Then he tried her and hated her. However I was laning and he jungled.
She felt super weak in the jungle to me. Innately, she is a really bad tank, and her early jungling just feels like she doesn't belong there at all, even though her kit is obviously designed for that.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So the beta tester skin for Rammus looks like Bowser.

Meanwhile the Zelda DS guys are doing a game called "Rolling Western"...

Video

Just powerball around Rammus style. LOL

Blizzard

Banned
In a bot game, he killed a Vayne on my team like four times in a row with his ult from across the map. It was hilarious.

I tried some Ziggs games. I think he's fun to use, but it's super easy to miss his ult, and as people have mentioned, his abilities take a ton of mana. It's also super easy to toss the bouncing bomb over someone's head when you're used to direct-line smartcasting skillshots.

Feature

Banned
-
*IMG*
This is why I hate playing ranked. Look at Nasus' build then factor in that he's diving the turret 1v5 and dying and feeding graves.

ELO hell is a bitch.

why did you say 'Reported' there? I see no reason for that in the conversation shown in the screenshot. Or were you offended by the word 'fucked' ?

bjaelke

Not sure I agree with this.

Sona was picked so many more times than Soraka, almost 3 times as many.
I don't think this an accurate reflection of who the better support is. I'm not saying I think Sona is better, just that I don't think these stats say much about these two characters, especially in "Who's better?" terms.

*Shrug*
I'm not talking about who the better support is. She was picked 3 times more than Soraka because people thought she was better. Everyone apart from CLG.EU had that perception of her (they like to run Janna instead). She was first picked in a lot of the games if the team didn't go for Sivir. They obviously didn't see her as OP because then she'd probably be banned.

*Shrug*

I wonder why I don't see more Xin players out there. I had a fantastic game last night with him doing my first quadrakill ^^. But besides from that his sustain with a vampiric scepter in the jungle is incredible. And I think his ganks are pretty good as well.

Swig_

Awesome. Played 6 games od Dom tonight. 3 had AFKers, 1 game had 3 AFKs in it.. 2 had terrible, terrible players on my team. One game out of the six, I had decent teammates that had a clue and surprise... a win.

This damn game.. At least in the one good game I had, I got a quadrakill. Helps soften the blow.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I am prob gonna play one last game tomrrow b4 I delete lol off my comp. Not that I don't like it. It's just that I should focus on my school work more. And this game is not helping. So hope to see you all on my summer break. Bye.

Ferga

I wonder why I don't see more Xin players out there. I had a fantastic game last night with him doing my first quadrakill ^^. But besides from that his sustain with a vampiric scepter in the jungle is incredible. And I think his ganks are pretty good as well.

Because he melts so easily. He dives in and he dies straight away in the current meta.

Wukong is pretty much the same as Xin but wukong has an escape and his ult is a strong CC.

Because he melts so easily. He dives in and he dies straight away in the current meta.

Wukong is pretty much the same as Xin but wukong has an escape and his ult is a strong CC.

It probably worked out good for me, because the opposite team was just not playing good ^^

bjaelke

I joined a dominion game by accident today. Hadn't played it since the release. Is there some kind of meta or do you just jerk around with random champions? I had tons of fun playing AP Sejuani and bullying everyone.

I joined a dominion game by accident today. Hadn't played it since the release. Is there some kind of meta or do you just jerk around with random champions? I had tons of fun playing AP Sejuani and bullying everyone.

The only real meta is to send one to the bottom and three top while one captures the mid turret.

Other than that, it's all about them counter picks.

Heavy ad enemy team? Grab Malphite, Urgot, etc.

Heavy ap? Kassadin, Galio.

They managed to get Yorick? Send sivir bot.

You want to try for balanced damaged, such as two AP and three AD with one dedicated tank with heavy CC, preferably low CDs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom