• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
?

I love Clairvoyance, I just don't think it's appropriate on an AP mid Lux.
I think he meant in general on supports. But yeah, CV is a terrible choice on an AP mid. It bugs me when supports run Heal/Flash though.

Nobody should really play Lux in general.

IsayFever

Since the nerf to CV and the massive buff to Heal, it just makes more sense to grab heal as it can win team fights and lanes. The jungle change also had a big thing to do with CV falling out of "must have" status.

Ferrio

Banned
Since the nerf to CV and the massive buff to Heal, it just makes more sense to grab heal as it can win team fights and lanes. The jungle change also had a big thing to do with CV falling out of "must have" status.

I just find myself in games going "Damn wish we had cv", don't think I ever thinkg "Damn wish we had heal!"

XeroSauce

CV is not mandatory but it's one of those things you love to have. CV Top so see if I can push out of my tower. CV Baron if you wards run out. CV their buffs. CV everything. With a 1 minute cooldown you get a free peek into fog of war 30-45 times a match.

dimb

Heal falls off pretty hard on supports though when you're underleveled. The AD should be running Heal so they can be getting the bulk of it anyways. CV is so important to safely warding and providing vision in dangerous situations. Also, go pro and run CV/Heal if that's your thing, but a team without CV is at a pretty massive disadvantage if you ask me.

Rawk Hawk

Heal falls off pretty hard on supports though when you're underleveled. The AD should be running Heal so they can be getting the bulk of it anyways. CV is so important to safely warding and providing vision in dangerous situations. Also, go pro and run CV/Heal if that's your thing, but a team without CV is at a pretty massive disadvantage if you ask me.
I generally take heal if my carry takes cleanse or something else when I play support. But yea, if your carry takes heal, then for sure get CV.

Not to mention I generally play Sona as support, so I like starting with Q if I can, so I can charge it at base and have a nice first attack, having heal in the bottom lane helps me feel safe if I'm not going to take W at lv1.

y2dvd

It's not a "must have" but it's still useful.

Dat Sona killing spree! Poor Fiddle got lvl 1 invaded and CV pretty much prevented him from ganking anywhere.

LQohy.jpg

brian!

This is why the AD now carries heal; cv is still used pretty widely

dimb

Dominion is fantastic and you are all old geezers unwilling to try new things.
I tried it. It was bad and every game felt the same.

And I haven't even been playing the game for a full year I think, so, not exactly an old geezer.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dominion is fantastic and you are all old geezers unwilling to try new things.

I don't mind it as a playoff of regular mode. Plus it seems less stressful when just random queing even if people still sort of take it seriously.

The champ pool of who's good and who's not is slightly different though. Some characters I play like Rammus are good in both modes. Other characters like Veigar don't transfer over as well. It also can feel very AD heavy even though AP can hang if played right.

Biggest two problems I have when I play Dom mode are if we cap top people who have low HP just try and grab the health and wait and defend. Yet getting the health does dick for them if they are really low. People don't go back and just run back enough. Also to many people push and spread out and/or push verses just capping 3 and trying to play D at the towers.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally did a couple of Riven PVP games again tonight, and I didn't do well, but at least we won 2/3 of them IIRC. Then I checked my records and if I've recorded properly, I've won 72% of my last 18 Riven games. I'm terrified that it's going to be jinxed if I keep playing her. ;_; I did get owned by a Vlad though (outfarmed).

Also, I've seen a couple of decent Sejuani players, so I have to begrudgingly admit that she CAN be helpful, lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I finally did a couple of Riven PVP games again tonight, and I didn't do well, but at least we won 2/3 of them IIRC. Then I checked my records and if I've recorded properly, I've won 72% of my last 18 Riven games. I'm terrified that it's going to be jinxed if I keep playing her. ;_; I did get owned by a Vlad though (outfarmed).

Also, I've seen a couple of decent Sejuani players, so I have to begrudgingly admit that she CAN be helpful, lol.

Rofl, she has a great kit. It's just her stats suck. That was a good game btw. Destroyed as Ahri thanks to my jungling bro!

Swig_

I just played a game jungling as pheonix udyr. According to my team I was a bad jungler. Apparently, I'm supposed to gank top,bot and mid at the same time.

I guess 10-2 (two deaths were because my team failed me in team fights, otherwise it probably would have been X-0), while counter-jungling and shutting down the opposing jungler isn't good enough. We won by a surrender and the other team said that I was the reason they lost the game. Oh, and Ryze seems to think the junglers job is to give him blue buff while he mids.

Love the community. Lol..
hluHb.jpg

brian!

it's tough love! one day, as you are ganking all three lanes and getting blue for you mid at the same time, you will laugh!

KJTB

6 for 7 wins with pantheon today! My loss was pretty troll... had an afk and I got ganked 7 times by sej D:

MANTHEONNNN

Edit: 7/8 ;)

Staab

Holy shit, I'm enjoying the Tribunal way more than I should, haha.
I always read through the chat logs (quite fun) and if the guy says something close to "noob l2p or fucktard", I automatically punish them.

Ark

So what do people think about Ziggs so far? I haven't bought him but everyone keeps saying that he's fun but not all that strong.

Curious what people think about Fizz too, I need more mid-characters that aren't Ahri (banned in ranked half the time) and Xerath (boring as balls) and I'm not sure who to get next, need to try Cass since she's free this week too.

bjaelke

Holy shit, I'm enjoying the Tribunal way more than I should, haha.
I always read through the chat logs (quite fun) and if the guy says something close to "noob l2p or fucktard", I automatically punish them.
They wont get punished for saying that one time. Riot doesn't suspend people because of one word (unless it's racism or equally offensive). Stuff like "gg noobs" will get pardoned by the customer service even if the Tribunal decides to punish the player. Riot has to accept the punishment given by the Tribunal - the Tribunal works as a gateway, so only the bad cases gets through. Unless a player has been spamming fucktard and the likes, then he wont be punished.

Boken

Banned
So what do people think about Ziggs so far? I haven't bought him but everyone keeps saying that he's fun but not all that strong.

Curious what people think about Fizz too, I need more mid-characters that aren't Ahri (banned in ranked half the time) and Xerath (boring as balls) and I'm not sure who to get next, need to try Cass since she's free this week too.

His animations + bouncing bomb make him very fun to play. A well placed ult is pretty funny too.

His laning is very very strong, but his team fight damage is pretty average since beyond zone control, his E doesn't do a lot of damage unless you place it perfectly somehow.

red13th

He's ridiculously fun but I suck at mages. :(
I love his voice, his model, his abilities and everything about him.

Blizzard

Banned

Fizz is fun and hilarious (SHARK) and pretty bursty in my opinion once you get say, doran's ring + sorc shoes + lich bane + deathcap (probably death cap before lich bane?).

However, I would say he is hard to fit into the metagame, and though he CAN work mid lane, you may get destroyed by certain ranged champions. And, pretty much everyone who goes mid is ranged.

Ark

RzppY.jpg

Just can't stop loving Irelia.

I think I might just skip Ziggs then by what you guys are saying, might try Wukong instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom