• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

bWPZo.png

Lost a couple towers early, but we kept the kills even through mid game. Won a baron fight to regain our ground and push their towers. Almost got backdoored by Udyr, but we kept spirits high and grouped up to steal the next baron. After which, we made a final push for the win. It was glorious.

I've been trying different builds with J4 and this was probably the first match I went almost all tank; I made the switch after Trinity Force. I think DPS J4 is more for solo Q.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
bWPZo.png

Lost a couple towers early, but we kept the kills even through mid game. Won a baron fight to regain our ground and push their towers. Almost got backdoored by Udyr, but we kept spirits high and grouped up to steal the next baron. After which, we made a final push for the win. It was glorious.

I've been trying different builds with J4 and this was probably the first match I went almost all tank; I made the switch after Trinity Force. I think DPS J4 is more for solo Q.

That was the craziest damn game I have ever been in.

Also, I feel like I should be getting way more assists. IM A BAD SUPPORT MAN.

Uchip

Banned
I did a total switch from LoL to Dota2 and doubt i'll ever look back. I had over 700hrs put into LoL according to Raptr, but Im just having way more fun in Dota2 than I was in LoL. The skill cap is just so much higher and it really causes you to be alert at all times.

needs Dota2 dominion mode

LCGeek

formerly sane
That was the craziest damn game I have ever been in.

Also, I feel like I should be getting way more assists. IM A BAD SUPPORT MAN.

I know how you feel but considering the situation not much more you could've gotten. You're only a few less assist than the max and getting 28 in most games is quite a bit. Outside of one other person on the other team you had more assist. Be relative about stats and place them in the context of team comp you're facing.

I did a total switch from LoL to Dota2 and doubt i'll ever look back. I had over 700hrs put into LoL according to Raptr, but Im just having way more fun in Dota2 than I was in LoL. The skill cap is just so much higher and it really causes you to be alert at all times.

Is that you, YLA?

http://i.imgur.com/bWPZo.png

That was a crazy game. We could not have done that without voice chat.

Q8D3vil

all of my friend quit playing sc2 so i decided to play lol with them.
i bought kayle since her ability remind me of siege tank but i don't know how to transition into late game.
my midgame is kinda good for a noob like me but i die so easily end game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't talk about SR but in Dom, Kayle can be a pretty strong hybrid dps. The problem is she needs massive amounts of farm, which is impossible for her on SR without gimping your true carries.

Your best bet is to hang back and throw slows, making sure to ult your most important teammate.

Somax

Finally had a chance to try the troll lane Jarvan/Leona with a buddy.
We need a little more practice since we're both rusty with those champs, but man, it's really fun to endlessy gank or deny farm to the classic ad/support bot lane.
Went better versus cait/janna than with graves/alistar, but we'll probably try that again.

Q8D3vil

I can't talk about SR but in Dom, Kayle can be a pretty strong hybrid dps. The problem is she needs massive amounts of farm, which is impossible for her on SR without gimping your true carries.

Your best bet is to hang back and throw slows, making sure to ult your most important teammate.

ok, thanks :D

Somax

Oh, and if you like siege tanks, there's Xerath who works in a very similar manner, up to setting down in siege mode to increase range and damage.

Boken

Banned
i bought kayle since her ability remind me of siege tank but i don't know how to transition into late game.

Oh, hello zerg brother. Phoenix dark was here for a post but went back to SC2.

garath

On a whim I picked up LeBlanc last night for IP and gave her a shot. I love it. She's difficult to play but I can see how she can be very effective with some practice.

It's a nice break from my typical Irelia/Vayne/Sivir games. I want a couple of AP champs to mix it up. Vlad or Xerath will probably be my next.

Volimar

What does gp5 stand for? I feel like I should know this lol.

The items that give you 5 additional gold per 10 seconds. Very popular for supports since they're discouraged from last hitting and taking gold from their laning partner.

Avarice Blade
Heart of Gold
Kage's Lucky Pick
Philosopher's Stone

I feel like I'm forgetting one, but then I'm pretty tired.

Aphexian

So I'm starting to discover the wonderful champ that is Lux. Any tips? I find myself arguing on whether to take Flash and Clarity as my spells or Flash and Clairvoyance. She seems iffy before her ult but oh man is it fun after that.

So I'm starting to discover the wonderful champ that is Lux. Any tips? I find myself arguing on whether to take Flash and Clarity as my spells or Flash and Clairvoyance. She seems iffy before her ult but oh man is it fun after that.

I take ghost and clairvoyance because I build her a bit tanky support, so while ghosting you can bait a little bit then CC their ass when you get the open shot, and watch them explode from your team.

Blizzard

Banned
If you like siege tanks, play Kog'maw or Xerath. I think they're both a lot of IP, but you should get that much if you play for a few weeks and make sure to at least get a win of the day. Remember you can get win of the day bonus IP even playing against bots.

They're not "tanky", but they have that long-range siege mode thing going.

Wrekt

Well it is usually the support at bot that takes CV. If you are supporting bot, then grab that. If you are playing mid and your support at bot already has it, I'd take something else. I'm one of the few people that likes Clarity but I don't remember having enough mana problems as Lux to warrant it. I'd say go with Heal or a carry spell like Ignite or Exhaust.

Aphexian

Well it is usually the support at bot that takes CV. If you are supporting bot, then grab that. If you are playing mid and your support at bot already has it, I'd take something else. I'm one of the few people that likes Clarity but I don't remember having enough mana problems as Lux to warrant it. I'd say go with Heal or a carry spell like Ignite or Exhaust.

I'm currently having mana problems with her but that's probably because I'm playing on a scrubby lvl 10 account and don't have many rune slots. Also I play pretty aggressive >:)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I've been in the DOTA2 beta for a while, and I'd like to play more DOTA2. I just can't bring myself to make the switch though. Creep denies are something extra cool (I've played a little bit of DOTA1 and HON before), but outside of that idk. Gameplay wise everthing just seems so slow, and I think DOTA2 feels even more item dependent.

I do need to give the game more time though, and I like since it's well DOTA that they have so many champs to pull from even in beta. The interface needs a shit ton more work though. Poor form from what I normally expect from Valve.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been in the DOTA2 beta for a while, and I'd like to play more DOTA2. I just can't bring myself to make the switch though. Creep denies are something extra cool (I've played a little bit of DOTA1 and HON before), but outside of that idk. Gameplay wise everthing just seems so slow, and I think DOTA2 feels even more item dependent.

I do need to give the game more time though, and I like since it's well DOTA that they have so many champs to pull from even in beta. The interface needs a shit ton more work though. Poor form from what I normally expect from Valve.

Dota 2 is much slower and the game controls are very slow that almost resembles jank. It's really annoying and I would love to make Dota2 my mainstay game but LoL streamlined the MOBA to make it so much more accessible and managable. They did away with all the macromanaging crap and made it all about the core micro experience.

JesseZao

Dota 2 is much slower and the game controls are very slow that almost resembles jank. It's really annoying and I would love to make Dota2 my mainstay game but LoL streamlined the MOBA to make it so much more accessible and managable. They did away with all the macromanaging crap and made it all about the core micro experience.

Yep. Not a fan of couriers or secret shops and I love blue pill. Pure fun ftw.

Edit: You can always get teleport. VV

Having to run all the way back to the lane is pretty fun.

Good thing the LoL map is much smaller than DotA's, making moving between and through lanes relatively quick. There's also universal recall and a teleport spell available to every player, not to mention that some champions have ways to teleport around regardless.

I would like to see Boots of Travel in LoL, but we don't have that. Oh well.

Ferrio

Banned
I thought punishing players was anti-fun™

Meh the anti-fun thing is just bs speak, and I put no weight into it. This game could have gold loss on death and I still wouldn't care. Just overall I find myself liking the hero mechanics more than Dota. Maybe I'll come back to DoTa once they got the whole cast in and bugs worked out.;

bjaelke

Flash and Ignite. Aim her E somewhere between the minions and the opposing champion. If you don't manage to hit the enemy you'll still have the debuff on the minions. This gives you an easier time last hitting them. Save the binding (Q) for defensive uses such as gank prevention. The trick is to save mana for your level 6 combo without losing out on farm before that. That's why I suggest using the occasional E to apply the debuff on minions and possibly enemy champion.

Agreed. Clarity and Clairvoyance are entirely unnecessary. Manage your mana better and learn how to predict your opponents' movements better. In fact, CV is a giant spotlight saying "YOU GOTTA LEAVE/JUKE NOW"

Reminds me of a friend I was playing with. We were about to gank mid and she, as Sona, placed a CV right on top of the opposing champion.

They ran away immediately. I called her out on it, and she vehemently denied CV'ing... even though she was the only CV in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom