• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swig_

So.. umm... how do you even counter vayne + nunu. I've seen it almost every game these days and I can't do anything about it. It's insane. Maybe Taric + Graves, but they're my least favorite combo to play.

Ferga

So.. umm... how do you even counter vayne + nunu. I've seen it almost every game these days and I can't do anything about it. It's insane. Maybe Taric + Graves, but they're my least favorite combo to play.

eh unless the vayne knows what he/she is doing (which is only like 1% of the entire lol player base) then vayne will lose to anyone with good harass or cc.

E.g. Sona, taric, janna, lulu, draven, graves, miss fortune, ezreal, caitlyn etc...

With this said, most vayne will lose laning to 90% of bot lane combos.

If they are dodging skill shots or knowing how to trade with tumble/condemn, that vayne is good or you're getting outplayed.

If they are just farming and tumbling INTO you and hitting you nonstop and not getting a single condemn off, then you are playing the match up wrong and you should improve.

Swig_

eh unless the vayne knows what he/she is doing (which is only like 1% of the entire lol player base) then vayne will lose to anyone with good harass or cc.

E.g. Sona, taric, janna, lulu, draven, graves, miss fortune, ezreal, caitlyn etc...

If they are dodging skill shots or knowing how to trade with tumble/condemn, that vayne is good or you're getting outplayed.

If they are just farming and tumbling INTO you and hitting you nonstop and not getting a single condemn off, then you are playing the match up wrong and you should improve.

That combo was crazy. They could tower dive like nothing else.. I was Ez and my support was Lux. I literally couldn't do anything to do them.. couldn't harass Vayne because nunu was tanky and snowballs.. then Nunu would bloodboil and vayne would just wreck us, especailly after 6. Wasn't even safe hugging the tower.

zkylon

zkylewd
Smurfing and learning to jungle is kinda fun, but the flow of the game is so weird in low levels that I don't think it helps.

I find my biggest problem is just doing the monsters efficiently (I'm often almost dead after doing red) and finding the right moments to farm. Maybe it's just the nature of low level matches, but I find myself running from lane to lane all the time.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Being put in one too many matches where people have absolutely no idea what they are doing make me say to myself..I need to be in a team or I need to not play this game.

I turn to you gaf, because my friends aren't online right now. Anyone playing non-ranked games?

EXGN

Wow, Curse.eu... Holy shit. I've always thought they were super strong, but the bot lane trade has made them soooooo good. Huge upset.

Looking at my old games makes me laugh.

phantom dancers
yx22j.jpg

whats a last whisper

scy

That Garen.

Over 600 armor. What's the armor reduction limit?

Highest I've seen so far is 85% at something like 300 armor.

Off-hand, the absolute highest possible is around 95% (~1800 Armor). It requires a gimmick setup with Trundles, though (basically double Agony use).

I'm guessing something like Trundle biting a meditating Yi.

Trundle with 6TMs = 678 armor
Yi with 6TMs while meditating = 983 armor
After Trundle ult = 1170 armor

I dunno... throw in runes, masteries, Aegis, Taric (+30), Soraka (+105)... what else? Too lazy to check on runes and mastery values right now.

---

1% of the playerbase got banned overnight, and the topic is delicious to read.

scy

Wouldn't it be 100% with ninja tabi? Since it reduces basic attacks by 10%.

No, it stacks multiplicatively. So 95% DR with Ninja Tabi* would mean .045% Damage Taken instead of .05%.

*Do note that this means one less Thornmail in use.

I'm guessing something like Trundle biting a meditating Yi.

Trundle with 6TMs = 678 armor
Yi with 6TMs while meditating = 983 armor
After Trundle ult = 1170 armor

If we want to make it truly outrageous, I think the highest would be Trundle Agony on a disconnected player and then another Trundle using Agony on that Trundle.

LCGeek

formerly sane
That tryndamere in the second picture would make me cry forever if I was playing against him and he was good.... *shudddddder******

That tryn did more than two adcs combined. I'd say I couldn't believe a team didn't let a 32-9-12 carry them but failing and throwing seem to be a new norm for people in this game.

Blizzard

Banned
I think with the new items some champs will rocket into OP status.

Followed by nerf time.
Hopefully some champions become terrible and get buffed as well. Only nerfs makes for sadness and despair.

That tryn did more than two adcs combined. I'd say I couldn't believe a team didn't let a 32-9-12 carry them but failing and throwing seem to be a new norm for people in this game.
It looks to have been a 5v4 (Twisted Fate left and was reported), and they had no tank.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Good advice.

Just to pile on to this Easiest thing to remember about vayne is if can she condemn or silver bolt, if the answer is no to either you kill/harassl her before she gets either back up and starts to shoot at you.

Vayne has all the harass she needs a stun/knockback that you can use just about anywhere on the map except big open spots. Tumble isn't just a steriod for aa damage it's pretty good on giving you just a bit more space to either engage or retreat. She isn't the other adcs and really shouldn't be seen as that she is an assassin that happens to be adc. Most other adcs have skills to help them farm and aren't hyper carries either. Her sustain sucks earily game but the burst is unrivavled especially when you consider a good vayne has either used her stun or has has a teammate stunning/slowing when she starts going off.

She has been nerfed for having too much power if her kit was anymore adc friendly she would be broke.

Wow

5 minutes in, 3 kills 2 turrets.

I've noticed that lane choice seems to be pretty fluid in pro games. Compared to ranked solo queue where if you deviate from bruiser top, AP mid, ADC/support bot, you are a troll and will be reported by your team.

The irony being people who cling to this setup like their life depended on it aren't actually emulating the pros but doing the opposite by being so rigid.

I just realized when Season 3 items come out all the old guides will be outdated.

Everyone will have to start new again with build choices.

EXGN

Wow

I've noticed that lane choice seems to be pretty fluid in pro games. Compared to ranked solo queue where if you deviate from bruiser top, AP mid, ADC/support bot, you are a troll and will be reported by your team.

The irony being people who cling to this setup like their life depended on it aren't actually emulating the pros but doing the opposite by being so rigid.

I just realized when Season 3 items come out all the old guides will be outdated.

To be fair, some of these pro lane strategies are nigh impossible to pull off in a solo queue game with no voice chat and prior practice. No way to run stuff like triple TP+promote in a solo queue game.

To be fair, some of these pro lane strategies are nigh impossible to pull off in a solo queue game with no voice chat and prior practice. No way to run stuff like triple TP+promote in a solo queue game.

Yeah.

I guess this is something you can only really do properly with a premade group.

garath

Wow

But when the pros do it, they usually succeed. Often a solo queue person thinks they will break the meta and do something weird and end up getting stomped. That's why people are so afraid of letting people try new things.

I love that the season 3 items will completely change all the builds. Early games are really going to reward the creative that can complement their champions kit and counter the opponent. Exciting!!

Inskipp

Was there jungler intervention for the FB?
Yes, Saint initiated a gank that enabled the FB.

Also, constant blue buffs fed to Nasus = lots of SS farm + free withers.

E: Currently Curse leading with 2 outer towers, CLGeu has 1 outer turret. Gold- count even with Curse leading by 1k. Both teams got 1 drake I think.

E2: Both teams danced in front of dragon for a minute, with voyboy pushing inner bot turret and wickd inner mid turret. 4 ppl from curse went to defend mid, clgeu tried to retreat. Froggen got caught and killed in Curse's red jungle, with yellowpete also getting caught & killed, and voyboy pushed into bottom inhibitor.

Oh and now Curse took an uncontested baron. Looking good for Curse.

E3: Curse took the inner mid turret out and the bottom inhibitor again. Nasus beastmode.

E4: Voyboy kept 3 people busy while rest of curse did baron. Voyboy dies while rest of Curse beasts through toplane. Top inhibitor down.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Curse team comp is really smart here. So much move speed between Ori, Nunu, Mundo, and Shurelia's on Nasus. Tons of slows too.

This tournament.

Inskipp

Scarra's hat is awesome. What's even funnier is that he dared to eat his hat if Voy would lock in Nasus.

First round won by Curse, and they really earned it. So well played, and so refreshing to see Nasus pulled out successfully in a tourney.

garath

Scarra's hat is awesome. What's even funnier is that he dared to eat his hat if Voy would lock in Nasus.

First round won by Curse, and they really earned it. So well played, and so refreshing to see Nasus pulled out successfully in a tourney.

Cool! Go voyboy. Redemption.

Inskipp

Well, CLGeu just picked Urgot Leona duo-lane, with Froggen playing
Corki
mid.

E: That Voyboy dive-gank was nuts.

EXGN

Between Tales of the Lane and Lone Star Clash, it's looking like a Merry Cursemas today. Such great games all around.

EDIT: Also, Wickd's Irelia build versus Nasus was the stupidest shit I've ever seen from a pro. Obviously he's one of the world's best player, but really? Wit's + Zerkers + Ionic against Frozen Heart Nasus?

Ferga

See how eclypsia played the early blue buff pressure?

I really like to play like that but we never really have the confidence to lose early exp and gold for the blue buff lead.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you exclude me and not send me an invite you will lose games. It's a curse. Watch it unfold before your eyes!!!!!!

Blizzard

Banned
As much as I probably complain about streaks of terrible players, I've had a weird streak of good luck the last couple of days. Even though they're the normal lot of teams that rage in the lobby, and/or use racist or homophobic slurs, they still end up winning most of the time. Instead of playing my best characters I'm instead playing champions in ranked I hardly know, champions I've never had a win in ranked with...Ryze top, with less gold than the entire team. Terrible Tryndamere jungle. Kassadin when I have pretty much no clue about Kassadin (went 8/3/11). Screwed up and ended up with Janna (no win in ranked) when I was planning to trade her to someone else for mid lane...still won, with a great lane partner, and a 22/5 Xin top lane.

9/10 of my last normal/ranked matches are wins, and I'd need 4 more to get I think my first ever 10/10 match history wins (out of 1000+ games or whatever, maybe 1500 if you include the 500+ ranked games)...yet I still feel like my luck is bound to turn at any moment.

It isn't very encouraging regarding how much skill affects games either considering when I play champions I'm actually decent at, and try to win, it may make little difference, compared to playing random champions and winning 80-90% of games for a while. =P

kayos90

I do not understand LoLGAF. Suggests an inhouse. Doesn't do inhouse because people don't want to play inhouse. Someone else suggests inhouse, plays inhouse. What the fuck?.... Makes me fucking depressed.

EDIT: Same shit with ARAM. LoLGAF makes me feel like I'm not worth shit when making/suggesting games.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe 75% of LoLGAF has certain people on ignore, and maybe 80% of them don't have the initiative to actually create a lobby. I'm one of the latter usually.

Only a few select LoLGAF members have both the initiative to create a lobby, and send invites (even though the chatroom invite panel is still broken, RAYVENNNN), and only a select fewer LoLGAF members have the charisma for people to actually accept those invites.

Regarding the tournament championship round:
Curse seemed pretty powerful dominating the first two games, but CLG.EU certainly made the final game one-sided, even winning the same Irelia vs Nasus matchup I think they lost earlier. I don't know what happened in game #4 though, whether it was close or one-sided.

kayos90

Maybe 75% of LoLGAF has certain people on ignore, and maybe 80% of them don't have the initiative to actually create a lobby. I'm one of the latter usually.

Only a few select LoLGAF members have both the initiative to create a lobby, and send invites (even though the chatroom invite panel is still broken, RAYVENNNN), and only a select fewer LoLGAF members have the charisma for people to actually accept those invites.

Regarding the tournament championship round:
Curse seemed pretty powerful dominating the first two games, but CLG.EU certainly made the final game one-sided, even winning the same Irelia vs Nasus matchup I think they lost earlier. I don't know what happened in game #4 though, whether it was close or one-sided.

It's not about having people on ignore. It's just hella depressing when you suggest something and everyone shoots it down. And when someone else suggests the EXACT same thing and they're all for it.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, as the other half of chatrooms being broken, it's nearly impossible to get a good feel on how many people are currently out of game in chat, even though those people may be afk. The chatroom currently just shows everyone as a white name, rather than showing half of them yellow so you know who's in a game, who just got out of a game, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom