• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
rRSDh.jpg

Hate this game sometimes.

garath

rRSDh.jpg

I know that feel.

eIlMa.jpg

edit:

I thought I was done buying runes and could maybe pick up Zed with IP when he drops. Unfortunately when I was trying to make a new AD page last night I realized I only own 3 armor pen marks :( How the heck did I overlook that for so long.

btw, sorry for my terrible Lee Singah jungling last night GAF regulars. The level 2 dive was silly and overzealous and I was off my game from there. I don't understand why I play so much worse when I'm playing with people I know. I don't normally make such obvious brain farts (like standing in Karthus's defile auto attacking a hurt ADC).

edit again: The Zed spotlight looks cool. He's right up my alley. Assassin, mobile, fun looking mechanic.

scy

I don't normally make such obvious brain farts (like standing in Karthus's defile auto attacking a hurt ADC).

Someone always stands in the Karthus Defile. It happens every Karthus game to someone.

Fiora because pretty pictures. And that (hamfisted) French accent.

Her voice actress (Karen Strassman) does French voice overs, actually. I find it weird that they had to go over-the-top for her Fiora accent :/

ElectraStar

Who is your favorite champion in terms of personality and why?

Graves for his epic Southern manliness, and Zilean because of the ridiculous shit he says.

I like skarner because he's a sega fan and kog maw because he's pretty like me.

You made a typo. You wrote pretty but I think you meant boo-tee-fool! <3

Fiora because pretty pictures. And that (hamfisted) French accent.

Her accent is so dumb and over-the-top. And I should know, I'm French and half of my family has the silliest thickest accents I've ever heard.

Her voice actress (Karen Strassman) does French voice overs, actually. I find it weird that they had to go over-the-top for her Fiora accent :/

LoL's style is quite over the top though. I think it fits.

Her accent is so dumb and over-the-top. And I should know, I'm French and half of my family has the silliest thickest accents I've ever heard.

Oh yeah, it's totally goofy. I've been on a few exchanges in France, it's incredibly over the top. But I find it really endearing. Maybe I'm just a Fiora fanboy (I totally am).

True. I like her voice work in general, just find the over-the-top accent of it unnecessary. I'm hoping to be able to use Fiora more in Season 3.

Oh God yes. She needs an update to make her more viable in 5 v 5. A slow on her Q and some extra survivability would do.

Fun fact: she's crazy OP in 3 v 3. Two bruisers/bruiser + tank and a Fiora = win every time.

Sanguine Blade is the key. I had less than 100 health and managed to life steal through a full health Mundo 1 on 1 for the kill and went straight back to full health. Carried the game 15/5.

scy

Oh God yes. She needs an update to make her more viable in 5 v 5. A slow on her Q and some extra survivability would do.

She needs to be a better duelist. Since, y'know, she's The Grand Duelist.

Sanguine Blade is the key. I had less than 100 health and managed to life steal through a full health Mundo 1 on 1 for the kill and went straight back to full health. Carried the game 15/5.

She likes on-hit in general. Wit's End gives her the kind of dueling power she needs (and it applies per hit on her ult) and she benefits greatly from Sanguine's stacking AD/LS% and Blade of the Ruined King's ... well, everything. I'm interested in seeing if she gets some crazy Season 3 build with BotRK, Wit's End, and Tiamat(s).

Or just build all of the Tiamats anyway.

She needs to be a better duelist. Since, y'know, she's The Grand Duelist.

She likes on-hit in general. Wit's End gives her the kind of dueling power she needs (and it applies per hit on her ult) and she benefits greatly from Sanguine's stacking AD/LS% and Blade of the Ruined King's ... well, everything. I'm interested in seeing if she gets some crazy Season 3 build with BotRK, Wit's End, and Tiamat(s).

Or just build all of the Tiamats anyway.

Yeah, BotRK is such a strong item for basically any AD. It'll be the new de-facto AD bruiser/carry item. I'm interested to see how they're buffing Tiamat. It has the potential to be a crazy strong item for duelists. If they're buffing it, they'll surely have to make it a unique passive.

Blizzard

Banned
rRSDh.jpg

You think that's bad, I think I've had 22/5 Kat or so. It's presumably still largely my fault since I should be helping everyone on the team and leading etc., but ultimately sometimes you may not be able to win if people are intent on throwing it.

It's a team game. Even if you play with known friends, I'm guessing they won't be reliable (otherwise you would end up matched against tougher people until they become unreliable). It can be ultra frustrating, but the only real alternative is play singleplayer games, or competitive games like StarCraft II where the only person to blame is yourself. :( Unless there's some MOBA variant where one person can do everything.

Also, I really hope Tiamat doesn't become unique (80% chance it will). It will be the end of an era.

scy

Well yeah, but that's so set up :p Also highlights one of Tiamat's biggest problems: everyone has to be literally right beside each other.

So many failed attempts (then again, so many baits into full team Zhonya's). That game with Wings was hilarious, though. So many Zhonya's. So many Tiamats. High elo in-houses are best in-houses.

The range on the splash is crap at the moment. Seems like they're buffing the range if they're saying it's an alternative to Ionic Spark.

Makes me wonder what niche Statikk Shiv will be covering. Tiamat's range being so small (it's not even an auto attack radius: ~93) certainly doesn't help it at all. I imagine it'll just be tweaked to something closer to Ionic Spark anyway. It's meant to be a wave clearing kind of thing after all.

Blizzard

Banned
Graves for his epic Southern manliness, and Zilean because of the ridiculous shit he says.

I find that hard to believe about your family! I don't recall you having much of an accent at all.

Graves and Draven have cool accents though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
EXACTLY.

Wait, whut?

I am glad I weren't the only one.

The problem I had with wit's end is the item that build it up, unless I can buy the item in 1 go, I would come back with attack speed item and extra 40 magic resist against someone that just brought 2 dorans blade with ninja tabi.

scy

The problem I had with wit's end is the item that build it up, unless I can buy the item in 1 go, I would come back with attack speed item and extra 40 magic resist against someone that just brought 2 dorans blade with ninja tabi.

Yeah, she doesn't benefit from it nearly as much as Irelia does who can get away with the early ASPD item alone. Until then, it's a weird "best option for dueling but hard to warrant buying" kind of item. Thankfully, BotRK -> Wit's End (or Statikk Shiv, Tiamat if either are more viable) will be a route for Season 3. Maybe.

Though, it's nice vs an AP lane. I guess.

ElectraStar

I find that hard to believe about your family! I don't recall you having much of an accent at all.

Graves and Draven have cool accents though.

Well, I'm the only one in the family who learned English in the States. Everyone else started in France, meaning they were taught by some French dude who studied in the UK for like 2 years. But I've been told my accent comes out if I get excited about something, or if I've been drinking.

Also, I can't bring myself to think of Draven as southern. He looks like a Hun from Mulan.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I'm the only one in the family who learned English in the States. Everyone else started in France, meaning they were taught by some French dude who studied in the UK for like 2 years. But I've been told my accent comes out if I get excited about something, or if I've been drinking.

Also, I can't bring myself to think of Draven as southern. He looks like a Hun from Mulan.
LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS! And defeat. The Huns.

It may not be an accent per se with Draven as much as the super over-the-top carnival style that amuses me. I also like Mordekaiser's voice (you need only click once, fool), and Nautilus (can you hear them calling *echo*).

Blizzard

Banned
They should make the Malz minion controllable. It's only one minion, let people alt-right-click...though there wouldn't be a way to use a button for it like other controllable minions.

garath

Oh hey, I got a silver boarder :D

Me too. Glad to see I'm not the only GAFer in silver land. I felt a little weak playing with all the gold folks last night lol.

Frankly I'm just happy to have a decent elo at all. I haven't played nearly as much as everyone else (even scy who started like 6 months after me lol). Just have to focus on improving every time I play.

bluemax

Banned
They should make the Malz minion controllable. It's only one minion, let people alt-right-click...though there wouldn't be a way to use a button for it like other controllable minions.

That's one of the most frustrating things for me coming back from DotA2. All the heroes who would benefit from micro and how there is no micro to be had.

Me too. Glad to see I'm not the only GAFer in silver land. I felt a little weak playing with all the gold folks last night lol.

Frankly I'm just happy to have a decent elo at all. I haven't played nearly as much as everyone else (even scy who started like 6 months after me lol). Just have to focus on improving every time I play.

I'd like to play some games with GAFers, but don't know what the EUW crowd is like in terms of numbers etc. Ping would be 200+ on NA.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I'd like to play some games with GAFers, but don't know what the EUW crowd is like in terms of numbers etc. Ping would be 200+ on NA.

You should join NA, we have a lot of people not in NA region playing here. Like Rex from Aus, Dan brazil, xcloser somewhere in middle of alantic ocean.

Karma banned every single game. OP mid and support. Stronger version of Zyra.

I'm seeing it now.

I saw karma banned in my last few games as well? What is so great about her kit? I haven't seen her at any tourney's either so I don't understand the sudden fear people have of her? Anyone know why?

Yeah, she doesn't benefit from it nearly as much as Irelia does who can get away with the early ASPD item alone. Until then, it's a weird "best option for dueling but hard to warrant buying" kind of item. Thankfully, BotRK -> Wit's End (or Statikk Shiv, Tiamat if either are more viable) will be a route for Season 3. Maybe.

Though, it's nice vs an AP lane. I guess.

Never thought I'd hear the words Tiamat and viable in the same sentence. Times are a changing

You should join NA, we have a lot of people not in NA region playing here. Like Rex from Aus, Dan brazil, xcloser somewhere in middle of alantic ocean.

It's such a pain in the arse playing on NA servers though. Ping is usually about 220 on PBE from here in Ireland, plus I'm level 1 on my NA account, which means no champs, no runes, no masteries, no skins, no ranked etc. etc.

I'll stick to EUW where I've got friends, just a pity most of the GAF community is NA.

Merovin

It's such a pain in the arse playing on NA servers though. Ping is usually about 220 on PBE from here in Ireland, plus I'm level 1 on my NA account, which means no champs, no runes, no masteries, no skins, no ranked etc. etc.

I'll stick to EUW where I've got friends, just a pity most of the GAF community is NA.

I have the same problem, I'd love to play on NA, but the ping kills me.

scy

I saw karma banned in my last few games as well? What is so great about her kit? I haven't seen her at any tourney's either so I don't understand the sudden fear people have of her? Anyone know why?

Troll bans. She's still not that great.

She is an annoying AP Mid, though. She shields for something like all of the damage ever.

Never thought I'd hear the words Tiamat and viable in the same sentence. Times are a changing

Hey, maybe the revamp will be good! The other changes sound good so there's hope yet for Tiamat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom