• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.

there will be an internal cooldown and melee autos give more gold than ranged

inky

Wall-o-text incoming:

It’s Tuesday. You know what’s coming.

Tiamat

(Melee Only)
+50 Attack Damage
+15 Health Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target – decaying down to 20% near the edge.
UNIQUE Active – Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you – decaying down to 60% near the edge – 10 second cooldown.
For a very long time, Tiamat has been sitting in this quasi-state of ‘Is this a good item? Is this a terrible item?’ No longer. We’ve cleaned up Tiamat to be far more streamlined in the new item set, giving it a larger cleave range (at the cost of reduced damage near the edge) and greater synergy with other items by removing the restriction of dealing damage based on the damage of the original attack.

So what’s different?

1. It has a Unique Passive. Tiamats no longer stack to form odd cases where you deal more damage to a secondary target than the primary target.
2. Tiamat no longer cares about the damage you deal with your main attack; thus, Tiamat procs don’t need you to itemize heavy critical strike in order to take advantage of dealing crazy damage. You will always deal a set amount of splash damage based on your Attack Damage.
3. It has a short-cooldown active that allows you to perform a stronger version of the passive Cleave at any time.
4. It is Melee Only, meaning it is no longer a trap item on ranged characters. The active and passive components will literally turn off and be unusable for ranged characters, with the same effect kicking in for dual form characters such as Jayce or Nidalee when they’re in ranged form.
5. It has a much larger cleave radius, at the expense of damage falloff.
6. It no longer has mana regeneration.
7. It has an upgrade.

Let’s examine how this might affect your use of Tiamat:

1. It lets you clear minion waves more quickly

Having a larger passive cleave and an active cleave allows melee fighters or carries who pick up Tiamat to farm waves more efficiently, granting decent wave-clear ability to characters who lack it. Characters like Poppy, for example, can now clear a wave with Tiamat in a relatively short amount of time through a combination of passive and active procs.

2. It makes your burst combo more flexible

Having the active Crescent ability means an additional AoE physical spell that you can weave in to your burst combos. A Riven, for example, might take the time to use the Crescent active in between her dashes – while a Fiora would want to use Crescent as soon as she descends upon a target with Lunge.

3. It can be used effectively by a wider variety of characters and be useful in more situations

Being built out of high Health Regeneration and Attack Damage gives Tiamat a very smooth build up path for the early game. With the ability to itemize both heavy regeneration and attack damage early in the game you can gain a very strong staying presence in lane.

The Upgrade

Ravenous Hydra

(Melee Only)
+75 Attack Damage
+15 Health Regen per 5 seconds
+10% Life Steal
Passive: Damage dealt by this item works with Life Steal.
UNIQUE Passive – Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target – decaying down to 20% near the edge.
UNIQUE Active – Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you – decaying down to 60% near the edge – 10 second cooldown.

Introducing Ravenous Hydra, a life steal upgrade for Tiamat. While it doesn’t enhance any of the damaging aspects of Tiamat, Ravenous Hydra allows you to drain from surrounding enemies via your life steal statistic. This can grant melee fighters incredible staying power when outnumbered or assaulting the front lines. While Hydra won’t decimate teams on its own without a huge amount of Attack Damage, the combination of the active ability and life steal will allow experienced players to gain a burst of healing by using Crescent to attack and drain multiple enemy champions.

But wait! I’m a Ranged Carry type of player. What do I get in order to do AoE damage?

Stay Tuned.

Tiamat no longer cares about the damage you deal with your main attack; thus, Tiamat procs don’t need you to itemize heavy critical strike in order to take advantage of dealing crazy damage. You will always deal a set amount of splash damage based on your Attack Damage.
I don't get this...? It doesn't work with crits anymore? Does it work just on your total AD? Depending on the range, isn't this a nerf to the damage?

It will still work on Fiora's ultimate - but it will no longer inherit the base damage from Fiora's ultimate - so you don't get silly instant-gib cases. It splashes for a % of your total attack damage.
Lame. No mo Fioramats.

I can't wait to try this on bruiser Nidalee.

Basically, around old Tiamat range you get 60% damage. 100 units past old Tiamat range, you get 40% damage and 200 units past old Tiamat range, you get 20% damage.
185 range = 60%
285 range = 40%
485 range = 20%

Quote:
Silly question, but will Nasus' Q, if he lasts hits a minion(And the cleave 'Last hits' minions around his target), will he still get the points?
I believe so - based on how Nasus' Q is hooked up. We might need to revisit this in the future but for now, let's see how it goes.
Time to play Nasus again <3

ElectraStar

This is the sass I've been missing in life.
<3

only me and you. We'll just swap every game.
Let's rock scissors paper it for the first round. I say rock.
If y'all are going to fight for this, it needs to be entertaining for the rest of us (and by "rest of us," I mean me). I suggest a few rounds of tequila, followed by the following (preferably in a life-threatening setting, like a highway or a factory or a Wal-Mart on Black Friday):
SumoSuit.png

GO!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't get this...? It doesn't work with crits anymore? Does it work just on your total AD? Depending on the range, isn't this a nerf to the damage?
Yes, it is like a nerf until you have a shitload of AD.

Let's say Irelia gets Tiamat at level 6.
Current Tiamat: [73 (base) + 50 (Tiamat) + 9 (Runes)] * 0.5 = 67 splash damage.
New Tiamat: [50 (Tiamat) + 9 (Runes)] * 0.6 = 35 splash damage.

In order for level 6 Irelia to get the same amount of splash as the old Tiamat, she would need 365 AD.

Haly

I just tried a simple Dota 2 match against bots.

what
I hope you didn't pick anything above "Medium", they're smarter and better at working together than most players.

ElectraStar

I just tried a simple Dota 2 match against bots.

what

Yeah I tried one a while ago, and had no idea WTF was going on, other than my constant dying. The thing that bothered me the most was the fact that the damn color palette blends things waaay too much (at least, in comparison to LoL's color schemes): I couldn't even pick my damn character out of the crowd half the time!

Boken

Banned

In order for level 6 Irelia to get the same amount of splash as the old Tiamat, she would need 365 AD.

I believe the new tiamat works off total ad as well (and only total ad) the difference is that current tiamat is more like an attack modifier, and new tiamat is an onhit effect. Current tiamat is total damage*0.5, so things like sheen, crits, spell damage (if its counted as an attack) is calculated as part of the "total damage"

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yeah I tried one a while ago, and had no idea WTF was going on, other than my constant dying. The thing that bothered me the most was the fact that the damn color palette blends things waaay too much (at least, in comparison to LoL's color schemes): I couldn't even pick my damn character out of the crowd half the time!
If you hold ALT it will put a giant arrow on your head - and double tapping the space bar will always reset to your character

scy

The range is now over double the old one, however (up from 185 to over 400).

Also, it's total AD, not total Bonus AD.

I believe the new tiamat works off total ad as well (and only total ad) the difference is that current tiamat is more like an attack modifier, and new tiamat is an onhit effect. Current tiamat is total damage*0.5, so things like sheen, crits, spell damage (if its counted as an attack) is calculated as part of the "total damage"

Basically, yeah, it's just your actual AD stat, not your damage on hit. So things like Riven passive or Sheen procs do not apply to Tiamat's damage calculations.

Haly

The range is now over double the old one, however (up from 185 to over 400).
I see, thanks for the clarification, I was confused by the change otherwise but this makes more sense, kind of.

Blizzard

Banned
As expected, no more Tiamat stacking. That makes me almost sadder than the new version potentially not being super useful. I'd probably try it on Riven and AD Nidalee at least.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guqin or Arcade? I love the retro sprite effects on Arcade but Guqin has that air of special-ness and "not everybody bought me already" that Arcade can only dream of.

Guqin or Arcade? I love the retro sprite effects on Arcade but Guqin has that air of special-ness and "not everybody bought me already" that Arcade can only dream of.
Arcade is really great because of those sprites. They're so clear. It makes me want them on all champions.

Ferga

NeoGAF's push comp > CLG.NA's push comp.

Calling it now. Just need to first pick cait for me. Someone organise a scrim against them.

Ferga

cait? what

Should watch our push strategy one time or practice with us. We've only lost once out of 5 or 6 times so far but that's only because it was our first time trying it and we weren't mentally ready to break out of the 'better farm' mindset.

Group up, push towers and win the entire game by 19 minutes.

scy

Should watch our push strategy one time or practice with us. We've only lost once out of 5 or 6 times so far but that's only because it was our first time trying it and we weren't mentally ready to break out of the 'better farm' mindset.

If it's the first game, it also didn't help that I had to relog mid-game so we had a like two minute "pause" where they got to farm back up a bit. Hooray, randomly 10 FPS.

Edit: And it's a lane swap hyper aggressive tower push strat. Aggressive "bot" lane pushes down their tower, rotates "top" and repeats there and then takes mid. Basically take towers and get a stranglehold on objectives before either side can really farm anything.

Blizzard

Banned
Since it's a new season, try keeping the same players and champions and making a ranked team. See how high it goes before people figure out how to stop it!

Then if you really want to be evil, make a LoL forum thread about it, resulting in everyone using it everywhere. :(

Achtius

Group up, push towers and win the entire game by 19 minutes.

let's try team rank games with that strat :p

IsayFever

Well so far our push comp has won out a ranked game, and a few normal games. Practicing it, and yeah it's coming out pretty darn well. Just suffocating teams to death

zkylon

zkylewd
lol my smurf account is ridiculous. I feel so bad about playing champions I know against newbies I just go whatever and end up losing because everyone's smurfing. I don't remember feeling like everyone knew what they were doing when I was level 1... I even recall perfectly asking what "leash" was and people responding nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom