• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

they need to make a champion similar to teemo (basically a scout) that can jungle

it would need some kind of stealth
a way to place vision
would have to be melee since range are lack luster in jungle

it would also need to be squishy to counter balance the amount of utility the ability set gives

i feel like i just described shaco or rengar but that's not what i want.

Delodax

If you ever get stuck (unwillingly) with the support role in normals, try out some exotic supports. Support Mundo is actually surprisingly effective. Just get magic pen on runes and masteries, build sorc shoes/haunting guise and you can deal true damage axes on all enemies that are not building mres.

The laning phase is not fun for the enemy ADC/support.

Support Anivia is really strong too. OP base dmg and utility.
Heimer can be fun too, but requires more skill.

Boken

Banned
They just look like balloons duct-taped to her chest. They're the terrible Syndra boobs. I hate 'em, hate 'em. Yuck.
I think her necklace is confusing you. It's understandable, it kinda looks like cleavage. but if you look closely, her tits arent that big, they shouldve been smaller since shes a mermaid thats all.

Also, Nami seems strong as fuckkkkk. Her bubble isnt even slow moving. shit.

stun, free movement speed on heal, heal, free ms on attack buff, slow, large aoe knockup (looks somewhat avoidable though)... wat.

they need to make a champion similar to teemo (basically a scout) that can jungle

it would need some kind of stealth
a way to place vision
would have to be melee since range are lack luster in jungle

it would also need to be squishy to counter balance the amount of utility the ability set gives

i feel like i just described shaco or rengar but that's not what i want.

I was just about to say, what about Shaco? :L

Ferga

Man the first week of season 3 will make me feel like i'm playing a different game.

I just want to experiment with so much stuff. Crunching so many different item builds in my head.

I really hope the whole idea of only having 1 way of building champs ends with all these items. Be a real waste if we have 10 items that are never bought ever

Looking at some of the items it seems like you could make a really strong bruiser/support bot lane now. Thinking of a support that takes Mikael's Crucible and Kage's Last Breath

scy

As amazingly fun Nami seems to be, I'd rather bind get to play her when she hits. She seems ridiculous, though. Going to work well for a kill lane AND she gets some sustain AND she has a strong team fight.

And of fucking course I'm going to have to try her AP Mid at some point. Her kit still has uses in other lanes but it's pretty clear she needs someone to follow up on what she does. I like it.

Edit: Also, she'll probably get banned a lot. MAYBE BIND CAN FINALLY PLAY SHEN.

Man the first week of season 3 will make me feel like i'm playing a different game.

I just want to experiment with so much stuff. Crunching so many different item builds in my head.

I really hope the whole idea of only having 1 way of building champs ends with all these items. Be a real waste if we have 10 items that are never bought ever

Yeah, I have my theorycrafting pants on but I'll still spend forever when the patch hits just trying out a variety of builds. Mostly, I'll be trying out things on the Assassins, though. We kept discussing last night about the rise of the Assassins so I might as well work on that! Fiora dives op! Zed finds his place! And I'm curious about what I'll do with Elise.

Mastery changes are probably the least impressive part of the changes so far. Still, there's enough spread out changes that it'll make you want to spend more points in each tree, even if many of the 21 pointers are a bit lackluster. There's a lot of mid tier bloat, as well, so 19/11 or 9/14/7 kind of builds will get less.

I'm really curious about Spellsword, though. That could be interesting with AD/AP builds.

Looking at some of the items it seems like you could make a really strong bruiser/support bot lane now. Thinking of a support that takes Mikael's Crucible and Kage's Last Breath

Nami seems like she'd really be good for that, depending on her W bounce range. Lets you W the melee, bounce to enemy, and bounce back to them for double sustain; if the bounce range is huge, probably won't matter (e.g., W max range ADC, bounces to their max range ADC, bounces back). Kage's + Nami E means nothing escapes, and Q is a great setup in general.

Edit: Scratch that, forgot the bounce is once per target. So it'd be carry -> enemy -> self or enemy carry -> carry -> enemy support. No double sustains.

Honestly, Support got the most fun new toys. I can't wait to build half of them as an AP Mid anyway.

garath

Omg. All those changes!!

o_O

I don't want to bring up the DOTA comparison but with all these actives I'm definitely getting that vibe. I'm going to have to change my binds or something so I can use all these actives. My 1 is offense 2 is defense 3 is ward item setup just isn't going to fly anymore if I have 4 slots with actives.

I can't believe they are changing the terrain around dragon and baron. That'll change things up quite a bit.

Nami looks simply awesome. I'll buy her day 1. She's going to be comparable to Sona for sure. Finally another support I'll enjoy playing. Ups my stable to 3 I'll enjoy playing. Sona, Zyra, Nami.

I'm not going to play ranked at all until I get handle on this stuff. I guarantee I'm going to die to a camp the first time I jungle post patch. Kinda too bad. I'm really starting to enjoy jungling.

Bottom line, looking at those item changes, this is going to turn into League of the Assassin. Now I see why they've been releasing so many assassins lately. They're nerfing defense, buffing offense. It's going to be a game of who can nuke the other team faster. I can see the best teams having 1 tanky initiator, 1-2 CC and the rest assassins.

scy

Bottom line, looking at those item changes, this is going to turn into League of the Assassin. Now I see why they've been releasing so many assassins lately. They're nerfing defense, buffing offense. It's going to be a game of who can nuke the other team faster. I can see the best teams having 1 tanky initiator, 1-2 CC and the rest assassins.

I will dive bomb the fuck out of any ADC. I don't even understand how they're expected to survive, honestly.

IsayFever

Hopefully with all these changes Shen won't be a top ban anymore as there's other things worth banning that synergize so well with these new items

garath

I will dive bomb the fuck out of any ADC. I don't even understand how they're expected to survive, honestly.

The CC. Supports like Zyra, Sona and Nami will be integral protecting the ADC. Defense isn't going to do it anymore.

edit: Oh and notice now that Oracles is 5 min duration? I figured they would do something like that. Crazy.

scy

The CC. Supports like Zyra, Sona and Nami will be integral protecting the ADC. Defense isn't going to do it anymore.

Basically. Clutch plays to keep them alive. They're going to be even easier to kill once caught, though. Then again, their damage is greater now so ... doubled down on the whole glass cannon thing, I guess.

I'm also torn on how I feel about Arcane Helix not making it to the PBE. Heals for 30% of Mana spent. On one-hand, holy shit that's amazing. On the other, holy shit that's amazingly broken.

edit: Oh and notice now that Oracles is 5 min duration? I figured they would do something like that. Crazy.

It's nice, though. Makes Oracles less of a long term investment and more of a "counter their vision right now, have to do something with it" thing. A lot of the changes in general seem geared towards shifting things from passive things to more play making.

Ferga

Mastery changes are probably the least impressive part of the changes so far. Still, there's enough spread out changes that it'll make you want to spend more points in each tree, even if many of the 21 pointers are a bit lackluster. There's a lot of mid tier bloat, as well, so 19/11 or 9/14/7 kind of builds will get less.

I'm thinking of bringing back vayne with 21 in defense and running full offense runes +mr blues. Haven't played her in 7-8months since i stopped going god like every game after the MS nerfs but I can see her dominating lane and end game with 21 points in defense.

If it works out, i'll rush a black cleaver for the extra penetration+health+CDR on tumble so i'll be unkillable in lane then i'm thinking of getting either:

route a) runaan's hurricane then bf sword into mercurial scimatar

route b) zephyr then mercurial scimatar

route c) try out the new sword of divine. 100% crits with armour pen is a bit too crazy not to try out. Could be crazy during laning phase. 4 guarenteed crits out of nowhere will demolish anyone with +100% attack speed AND we add silverbolts to that, it might even mean a 3 shot kill when we get back to lane right away.

route d) And also blade of ruined king. I think a cdr vayne can play with the active which steals movement since there is no way people with gap closers will ever get a hit on vayne with tenacity, cleanse and flash. Having to deal with all the fed irelias lately made me think of this.
A well farmed vayne beating a fed irelia in team fights sounds awesome.

I want to completely lead vayne away from a PD and play with more cooldown reduction and cleanse/tenacity for more juking. Rely on silverbolts and tumble to carry, rather than crits.

And i'll try to perfect my kog next week. Still need to get that 6th sense of when my W is on cooldown or not and get use to the change in range

Guiz

Nami looks simply awesome. I'll buy her day 1. She's going to be comparable to Sona for sure. Finally another support I'll enjoy playing. Ups my stable to 3 I'll enjoy playing. Sona, Zyra, Nami.

I saw her more like Janna with the AD buff, the passive and the bubble stun. Her heal is not bad either... Pretty strong support imo

garath

Dianna is such a fucking boss. A couple of doran's rings into abyssal - sunfire cape is amazing.

Sunfire huh? Interesting.

I wholeheartedly agree though. Diana is still very strong. I love playing her. I go the same early route. Couple doran's then into Abyssal. She's hard to kill and bursty. With movespeed quints she's got a good roam as well.

I saw her more like Janna with the AD buff, the passive and the bubble stun. Her heal is not bad either... Pretty strong support imo

I can definitely see that. I'm looking at her W and R. The W shoots out a lot like a sona chord, healing allies and damaging enemies. She'll poke and heal in one ability. And her R is a line of CC with a slow effect. Crazy.

Internets

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I do see quite a few DotA-like changes. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. After playing a lot of DotA, it's interesting to see some of it come over to LoL. Possibly the effect of having old DotA 1 designers?

Leaden Crystal Flask looks like the Bottle. The Doran's Shield is looking like the Stout Shield. Machete looks like Quelling Blade. I feel like the boots change is similar to the boots change in DotA, except in the case of DotA, I think it was supposed to be an indirect buff to supports.

Hopefully, these will make supports and the champions who have a hard time laning funner to play. Although I feel like the Doran's Shield seems to be geared more towards ADC lanes, since they tend to auto-attack more. The top/mid lane, I feel the harass is more skill-spam oriented, so the shield might not do so much.

Flare

route d) And also blade of ruined king. I think a cdr vayne can play with the active which steals movement since there is no way people with gap closers will ever get a hit on vayne with tenacity, cleanse and flash. Having to deal with all the fed irelias lately made me think of this.
A well farmed vayne beating a fed irelia in team fights sounds awesome.

Blade is amazing on Vayne. Especially when you get caught, ult right away, use the active to heal up and gain 30% movement speed while they're slowed, tumble, win. So good.

Sunfire huh? Interesting.

I wholeheartedly agree though. Diana is still very strong. I love playing her. I go the same early route. Couple doran's then into Abyssal. She's hard to kill and bursty. With movespeed quints she's got a good roam as well.

The beauty of sunfire cape 2nd is that with abyssal it makes you extremely beefy against all forms of damage right in time for the teamfighting stage stage of the game, leaving you with no real way to be burst down easily They have to work a bit for it. But you still have enough damage to be a huge threat to carries. And the sunfire passive is really good for Dianna, when you're jumping right into the heart of their team and pulling people onto you you're hitting a whole bunch of people with it, so it's just a great all round item on her and a great synergy with abyssal in my opinion.

scy

Abyssal/Sunfire is more for a team comp that needs you to dive in and be the initiate. I like it for a tanky Elise setup (Abyssal/Sunfire/Frozen Heart) too.

route a) runaan's hurricane then bf sword into mercurial scimatar

route b) zephyr then mercurial scimatar

Of the two, Zephyr* would probably be the best. Runaan's doesn't work with Silver Bolts so it's basically 2750 Gold for 70% AS and 10+50% AD to two targets. Zephyr is 2850 Gold for 20 AD, 50% AS, 10% CDR, 10% Movement, AND Tenacity. Then again, there's no way in hell Zephyr isn't getting nerfed as 2850 Gold for all that seems absurd.

*Why does it have the same name as Janna's W?

Blade on Vayne is pretty ridiculous in Twisted Treeline. Lets her pop it and ult and work some goddamn magic in close quarters.

IsayFever

So I watched Stonewall's new jungle video with Lee Sin, and my god things take forever to die. May almost be worth having the support go around the jungle to help damage things on the first clear

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So I watched Stonewall's new jungle video with Lee Sin, and my god things take forever to die. May almost be worth having the support go around the jungle to help damage things on the first clear

Confirmed invades and counter jungling at lvl 1-6.

Clairvoyance to see more use again?

Jungling without Smite seems suicide now. I still hate seeing people insisting they don't need Smite if they're not Shaco/Nunu/Cho.

scy

Jungling without Smite seems suicide now. I still hate seeing people insisting they don't need Smite if they're not Shaco/Nunu/Cho.

Too many people think that Smite is about making the jungle easier for them rather than for objective control.

Edit: Speaking of the jungle, we'll need a new thread title for Season 3 won't we? No more leashes...

garath

Have a link?

edit: I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSecJ3tG6Kc

edit2: Omg. New jungle cleartime rough with cloth armor. I'd like to see it with the new machete though.

Too many people think that Smite is about making the jungle easier for them rather than for objective control.

Edit: Speaking of the jungle, we'll need a new thread title for Season 3 won't we? No more leashes...

I'm thinking leashes will still exist. It'll be more like a trading of aggro to spread the damage around. Kind of like a smiteless now. We'll probably only see it on organized teams and higher elo though.

scy

I'm thinking leashes will still exist. It'll be more like a trading of aggro to spread the damage around. Kind of like a smiteless now. We'll probably only see it on organized teams and higher elo though.

Not really a leash then, just giving the jungler a smiteless :x Smiteless for me or no gank 4 u~

IsayFever

League of Legends Season 3 [OT] - There used to be ad carries here...

garath

League of Legends Season 3 [OT] - League of Assassins

Sigh, after waiting for an hour for PBE to update...
xPq1S.jpg

I just bought Kid Icarus but I'd soooo much rather play on PBE right now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Looking at the new jungle and it seems awful for Sejuani.
And of fucking course I'm going to have to try her AP Mid at some point. Her kit still has uses in other lanes but it's pretty clear she needs someone to follow up on what she does. I like it.
Nami is a terrible AP mid with the cooldowns she has.

Played on the PBE last night with Rayven.

Hydra makes this awesome splash particle on the ground.

Seriously, it's fucking awesome.

Also, solo baron is back.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
What is the charges for in blackfire torch? Does that mean you can apply more than 1 DOT in the same champion?

UNIQUE Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 3.5% of the target champion's maximum Health in magic damage over 2 seconds. Each second burned consumes a charge.Charges are generated when not in use

Also, why would someone build blackfire torch when Liandry's Torment is a lot better, if you have slow, 10% current health instead of 3.5% max health for harass. Since once someone get below 70%, you will just flash and ult + ignite to instant gib someone.

Holy cow Malady scale with 10% of your AP now. Randuin's Omen active no longer slow down attack speed.

Sword of the Divine on Fiora, active, 3 hits, ult, come back down with cd refresh. Damn that ghost blade nerf, 5% less cdr, 5 less armor pen, active 2 seconds short, -10% attack speed for 50 gold less??

scy

What is the charges for in blackfire torch? Does that mean you can apply more than 1 DOT in the same champion?

I believe it is there to prevent you from having five debuffs up on five people.

Edit: Actually, since it has like 25 Charges, it's more to prevent the near 100% possible uptime with DoTs on an entire team. 1 charge used per second (and gained per second) means it effectively "does nothing" charge wise when left as a single-target.

Also, why would someone build blackfire torch when Liandry's Torment is a lot better, if you have slow, 10% current health instead of 3.5% max health for harass. Since once someone get below 70%, you will just flash and ult + ignite to instant gib someone.

I'd assume that Blackfire Torch will be available on Twisted Treeline and Dominion, Liandry's Torment available on SR.

Edit: Nome confirms that Liandry's and Blackfire Torch won't both be enabled at least for Dominion.

Holy cow Malady scale with 10% of your AP now.

I fucking hate Teemo so hard right now.

Yeah same.

Machete video is faster than cloth.

20s faster, a respectable time. But the damage taken is still really high.

Help will 1st camp + smiteless 1st buff is going to be pretty much mandatory now. I wonder if there will actually be more gold available in the jungle like Riot claims if the monster health and health scaling will make clearing slower.

Like before, my gripe with AP/ASPD Kog was that he still had no good sustain. No good with lifesteal nor spellvamp.

But lmao melting teamfights. I was doing like 200 to 3 different targets every attack.

IsayFever

Like before, my gripe with AP/ASPD Kog was that he still had no good sustain. No good with lifesteal nor spellvamp.

But lmao melting teamfights. I was doing like 200 to 3 different targets every attack.

He's a glass cannon through and through. Sustain shouldn't benefit him and vayne that much just due to their ability to shut down an entire team on their own

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah same.

Machete video is faster than cloth.

20s faster, a respectable time. But the damage taken is still really high.

Help will 1st camp + smiteless 1st buff is going to be pretty much mandatory now. I wonder if there will actually be more gold available in the jungle like Riot claims if the monster health and health scaling will make clearing slower.

Wait so camps aren't worth more currently?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
A good team revolves around kog'maw and protecting him. good comps can be something like: Orianaa, Nunu, Lulu, Malphite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom