• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Fnatic doing some amazing work. That was some nice Kat +Kha'zix. Wow.

Also, as far as I'm concerned all of you are ragers :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jesus christ, Fnatic.

I don't know, some time the mumble drama is pretty fun....

I want to see you or corgi or anyone without a mic get aggravated and start screaming at people in mumble using the text-to-voice. I bet it will be on reddit front page for a couple of days.

I am going straight to hell :(

I do have a mic but it's not very comfortable.

Edit: Also, it's very difficult to make me rage at other people.

I don't think I've ever raged in a GAF game. I've certainly expressed disappointment with constructive criticism when it comes to decisions/our strategy.

Ferrio

Banned
I love all these ads in the LoL stream. You can run the game on a damn toaster, yet all the ads are for bleeding edge stuff.

edit: WTF is this shit?

edit2: Bubblepop?? WTF

Blizzard

Banned
a better question is who ever seen dandan rage. that guy never get mad
Dandan doesn't get mad, he just gets sad and then stops playing for the day, and you feel terrible. :(

Also is anyone else getting completely unwatchable IPL streams? It freezes constantly for me, even at 240/360p. I checked speedtest.net and I'm getting like 30 ping and my full (11Mbps isn't much but still) download bandwidth. Unless a recent Flash update broke something, or I somehow have a virus that only affects the IPL stream, I dunno what's going on.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dandan doesn't get mad, he just gets sad and then stops playing for the day, and you feel terrible. :(

Also is anyone else getting completely unwatchable IPL streams? It freezes constantly for me, even at 240/360p. I checked speedtest.net and I'm getting like 30 ping and my full (11Mbps isn't much but still) download bandwidth. Unless a recent Flash update broke something, or I somehow have a virus that only affects the IPL stream, I dunno what's going on.

Twitch is broken for me and my friends too.

http://www.ign.com/ipl/league-of-legends

^That works fine

inky

Great games. Fnatic showing some good understanding of the matchups, and even coming from behind some amazing teamwork.

Pancakes

Just like Pudge with Na'Vi in The International: Ban Blitz/Pudge or you'll be hurting.

The funny thing is that they baited the Blitz pick and then counter picked around him. Blitz pulling anyone on TPA would result in a turn around (which we did see) but eventually 5 vs 1 just becomes too much regardless of your escapes I guess.

Einbroch

Banned
The funny thing is that they baited the Blitz pick and then counter picked around him. Blitz pulling anyone on TPA would result in a turn around (which we did see) but eventually 5 vs 1 just becomes too much regardless of your escapes I guess.

Jax's escape is kinda worthless when you're all alone. Do they even think of this? Maybe I should go pro.

jkisuck

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Oh god, I'm considered one of the ragers now? I really need to reevaluate everything in my life.

That probably sounded sarcastic. That's pretty serious. I'm typically pretty laid back. At worst, disappointed in what happens, not really angry at people.

You hardly rage at people (I seen it twice), but you do rage at yourself often, and the disappointment(judging by your voice) after the team made the wrong critical decision is quite obvious. You do cheer up (again just a guess based on your voice) after a few seconds tho, and it encourage/push us to discuss the mistake we made, which is one good thing about your "rage"

I don't think I've ever seen xcloser rage either.

Xcloser don't rage, he will just write 3 paragraphs about the important of jungle presence without pointing any names. =P

How do I rage. I know I sigh a lot off the mic. Have I ever verbally raged before though?

Ferga rage: "What? AWWWW... I mean... WHY WOULD YOU... *some breathing sound* ", then start speaking at normal tone.

Kiunch rages all the time, we can't understand him though.

They just assume I was calling out for baron.

I try not to give and 'pointers' unless asked cause I can see how douchey it looks to beat someone and immediately turn and start giving them life lessons.

UFO laugh when he upset, but the difference between his usual laugh and the rage laugh is pretty obvious =p.

scy

I try not to give and 'pointers' unless asked cause I can see how douchey it looks to beat someone and immediately turn and start giving them life lessons.

Years of doing mechanics works for games and general guide writing sort of things has essentially defaulted "advice" as my standard response. :|

You hardly rage at people (I seen it twice), but you do rage at yourself often

I hate myself. I'm pretty critical of my own play (I count my missed skills shots sometimes, for instance). I try to do that more than critiquing other people. If I do rage, it's because I'm defensive of being blamed for things that I disagree on. Typically.

But, generally speaking, I'm harsh on myself first and foremost.

...and the disappointment(judging by your voice) after the team made the wrong critical decision is quite obvious. You do cheer up (again just a guess based on your voice) after a few seconds tho, and it encourage/push us to discuss the mistake we made, which is one good thing about your "rage"

I try to be "oh god why did we do that" and then "oh well" after. Like, no use harping on it, just recognizing it was bad so we don't do it again (until the next day). Of course, I probably sit on it too long some times and a series of bad games (or just something else being irritating) doesn't help. Generally, I'm better on this on weekends, I think. Less spite at work or something, I guess :x

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm the chosen one

ib7XcCOjuLdog.PNG

Wow at TSM showing heart.

One thing I still don't get after all this time is what exactly is Poppy's role supposed to be in 5v5... Late game she's scary as hell, but early on she's a terrible top, jungler or mid, definitely not a carry and she's a very limited support too. What exactly are you supposed to do with her in early game? She's one of those champs I really like but can't get to work properly.

inky

Oh, TSM, you bunch of dumbasses. That hook on Regi + Ace might've cost them the game.

Still, they are not playing terribly like those debut matches.

Blizzard

Banned
One thing I still don't get after all this time is what exactly is Poppy's role supposed to be in 5v5... Late game she's scary as hell, but early on she's a terrible top, jungler or mid, definitely not a carry and she's a very limited support too. What exactly are you supposed to do with her in early game? She's one of those champs I really like but can't get to work properly.
I think she can work well top in certain matchups. I also seem to recall someone (Rex?) playing nothing but Poppy in all roles for like a week, and doing really well...

...but I have never figured it out myself, and I feel like correct Poppy operation is a mystery. It may also require getting early kills to snowball and 3-shot people, and if people play safe then that can be tough to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom