• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just ran a hurricane kog build and turned the entire game around for my team for a win. Ended with 24/7/10. I guess I'm beginning to believe.

Telaso

Banned
Heres my other stuff from IPL5. I showed it to my friend but they all looked at me funny for knowing what it means....

hopefully my gaf friends (i'll cry otherwise) understand :(

IMG_20121205_194218.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Didn't win a single game yesterday. Lot of people are trying really stupid stuff, thinking the changes could cause certain characters to actually do well in lanes they're usually not in. Also the lack of Diana bans is astounding, she somehow squeaks by often.

mercviper

Didn't win a single game yesterday. Lot of people are trying really stupid stuff, thinking the changes could cause certain characters to actually do well in lanes they're usually not in. Also the lack of Diana bans is astounding, she somehow squeaks by often.

People are still banning Alistar and don't realize the new jungle completely shits on him.

Ferrio

Banned
People are still banning Alistar and don't realize the new jungle completely shits on him.

He's the only one so far I think I could phase out of my "must bans". Maybe malphite too? I don't know. Too many scary champs.

Seeing a shit tons of olafs nowadays too, and they almost always do good.

garath

I've replaced him with Diana or Rengar in my list of normal bans (unless I have first pick and want to play one of them).

edit:
You should never ban Alistar. 90% of the people are totally shit with him, so most of the cases it pans out good for you.

Ah but the ban is also for TEAMMATES wanting to play him.

zkylon

zkylewd
You should never ban Alistar. 90% of the people are totally shit with him, so most of the cases it pans out good for you.

scy

My time as Katarina (and, to a lesser extent, Diana) has given me an unnatural hatred of all Tristana, Janna, and Lee Sin players.

Not enemy ones, mind you. Allied ones. Stop knocking things out of range.

Ferrio

Banned
My time as Katarina (and, to a lesser extent, Diana) has given me an unnatural hatred of all Tristana, Janna, and Lee Sin players.

I've done that with lee sin a few times. Usually it's along the lines of "Hey one ult should kill them" KICK.... now they're far away with 20 hp.

zkylon

zkylewd

Yeah when I play as a Janna I hate Katarinas and MFs because they tend to ult as I do mine. Most people don't get there's such a thing as disengaging, just watch them waste all their CC, then come back and clean up...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just watched salce eat faces top lane with wits->statikk

you just arent loyal enough to the lulu
Big deal. I could win games here and there and dominate the lane still. You still are buying into a worse Wits. A garbage Recurve. And Shiv is junk on her. Again, more gold completely wasted as you buy into crit for an item that is procs less often than Spark or just as much if you're running around like an idiot. Shiv is more expensive than Spark while providing less attack speed, and crit instead of health. When it does proc it deals significantly less damage. Lulu is only a viable option top against the worst players who can't deal with a champion that is wasting massive amounts of gold.

Einbroch

Banned
Just played Lulu top, and man. No good. Dominated before, now it's at best even. Most farm on my team but my items just don't stack up.

Sadface.

Kage doesn't build into dfg anymore, it build into that "summon stupid ghost that won't touch akali" crap.

Wat that item is awesome. 2 seeking 40% 2.5s slows is already a fantastic peel item and on top of that it can save your whole team instead of walking blindly into ambushes at baron. And it has good stats.

mercviper

Wat that item is awesome. 2 seeking 40% 2.5s slows is already a fantastic peel item and on top of that it can save your whole team instead of walking blindly into ambushes at baron. And it has good stats.

Kiunch is disillusioned because he tried to use it next to an Akali and instead the ghosts ran to her teammates 2 screens away.

scy

Yeah when I play as a Janna I hate Katarinas and MFs because they tend to ult as I do mine. Most people don't get there's such a thing as disengaging, just watch them waste all their CC, then come back and clean up...

The problem being some Janna ults are ones that think they're disengaging but all they did was reset a team fight that their team would've won.

Aaaahhh. Yeah nah it it would be straight up op as fuck if it also revealed invisible champions.

It's supposed to reveal them.

zkylon

zkylewd
The problem being some Janna ults are ones that think they're disengaging but all they did was reset a team fight that their team would've won.
She's a champ that needs more communication than usual to avoid that happening

Gotta consider DFG on supports now. Active no longer scales with AP (better for supports) but boosts everyone's magic damage against the target (yay I'm helping), plus sweet AP and CDR. DFG support Zyra is legit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gotta consider DFG on supports now. Active no longer scales with AP (better for supports) but boosts everyone's magic damage against the target (yay I'm helping), plus sweet AP and CDR. DFG support Zyra is legit.
Not a bad idea, though unfortunately it doesn't build off kage's anymore.

I so hate Janna support on my team when I'm playing Rumble. Ult over entire enemy team, Janna ults pushing them all to safety.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

If they are dumb enough to face check bush when everyone is afk, a 120 second cd will not save them. I do like the 5% movement speed, and the slow is pretty good for ganging lanes, too bad the magic resist is kind of a waste stats for ganging.

Solune

1. I dislike the Machete being the new "every jungler build this item" item.
I think of it as everyone always going boots in S2, most junglers getting it is natural now. The sustain is really what makes it versatile though instead of getting a philo and building Shurelia out of it later.
I imagine the ghost item must be fun on Yorick.
Ha, that's what I joke about with my friends, it's like a shittier version of Necronomicon.
MOTHER OF GOD

Hurricane Varus is OP. It's like being Vayne and silver bolting entire teams at the same time.

Everyone knew Hurricane on certain champs was going to be ridiculous, I mean you don't even have to see it in action to know its OP.

scy

If they are dumb enough to face check bush when everyone is afk, a 120 second cd will not save them. I do like the 5% movement speed, and the slow is pretty good for ganging lanes, too bad the magic resist is kind of a waste stats for ganging.

I view it as a way to give AP/MR for laning and +Movement/Active slow for roaming. Katarina or Evelynn with it gains a lot of roaming power with it I think.

Everyone knew Hurricane on certain champs was going to be ridiculous, I mean you don't even have to see it in action to know its OP.

The best part is the little orb.

mercviper

I view it as a way to give AP/MR for laning and +Movement/Active slow for roaming. Katarina or Evelynn with it gains a lot of roaming power with it I think.

The best part is the little orb.

It's like the option upgrade in that one 2d side scrolling space game that I can't remember the name of :<

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I'm gonna switch my 2 points from Brutal Force to AP Mental Force, since I can't see how 3 AD can make a big difference on last-hitting (scy, do the math for me :3) and 4 AP in the initial race for who trades better is almost another AP quint.

LoL secret santa waifus exchanges.
Fixed it.

mercviper

I think I'm gonna switch my 2 points from Brutal Force to AP Mental Force, since I can't see how 3 AD can make a big difference on last-hitting (scy, do the math for me :3) and 4 AP in the initial race for who trades better is almost another AP quint.

Fixed it.

It depends if you are close enough to trade with autos as well. Like if you are Annie then the AD will help more than the AP in early trades because you harass with AD. Lux will also likely be a contender, but maybe not someone like Kassadin.

Blizzard

Banned
I know she is a support. That's not as fun for me and Lulu top was one of my stronger champions prepatch.
Ahhh, you were trying to have fun. I just found your first problem, Riot nerfed "fun" in this patch (at least for non-support Lulu's).

MOTHER OF GOD

Hurricane Varus is OP. It's like being Vayne and silver bolting entire teams at the same time.
I feel like I've already seen 3+ Varus in 5 or so season 3 games, and none of them were good, but maybe there's some way to do it properly.

I like the new Black Cleaver. Too bad it's going to be nerfed.
It would be funny (ok not funny, kind of sad) if they nerf it and it becomes something no one buys -again-. On the bright side, at least moonflair spellblade is gone. Such a cool name but no one buys. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom