• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
How about Veigar pole dancing

edit: this creepy thing top of the page... ugh today's my weird day... must be the lack of sleep

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
ddwc5.png
I don't know how to play any of these people anymore and I'm pretty sure I hate all of them.

What should I do?

Cathcart

I don't know how to play any of these people anymore and I'm pretty sure I hate all of them.

What should I do?
How can anyone hate Amumu? Anyway, that's like 12 dudes. So there's almost 100 other dudes you could play. Play some of those?

I actually played Nunu for the first time. Holy crap he makes jungling even easier than Mundo, and he's slightly more useful in team fights. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

scy

Axis powers of rage fearful of relationship charts. :p

This actually bothers me. I don't rage. I've played with you once (I think?) and you lashed out at everyone in the game after your mistakes. The few times I've actually gotten angry at anyone is when they try to spin the blame onto everyone else; I don't mind admitting my mistakes but I'm certainly not going to take the blame for someone else.

I didn't even rage in that game with you.

I figured they were removing the candy cane entirely since it made no sense for her to randomly summon it. Now she summons the cane and autos it? Eh...

...well, at least the skin has new particles. Just clean up how she looks visibly and I won't hate myself for buying it.

I actually played Nunu for the first time. Holy crap he makes jungling even easier than Mundo, and he's slightly more useful in team fights. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Personally, Nunu's weakness is teamfights. Blood boil things, snowball a dude, land a good u--alright, actually, I suppose that's a decent amount of things. Mundo never dies, though. Plus, bad players tend to focus the 4k HP tank. Mundo goes where he pleases.

Then again, Nunubot.

Cathcart

Personally, Nunu's weakness is teamfights. Blood boil things, snowball a dude, land a good u--alright, actually, I suppose that's a decent amount of things. Mundo never dies, though. Plus, bad players tend to focus the 4k HP tank. Mundo goes where he pleases.

Then again, Nunubot.
Yeah, this was pretty much my feeling about it after trying a couple of games last night. If I had known that I probably wouldn't have picked him because in retrospect he wasn't very good for our team composition but uh, whatever. It's normals and I wanted to try Nunubot.

Blizzard

Banned
I just don't get how someone can die the same way over and over and over and not learn their lesson.
I had a game yesterday with an Amumu who died 17 times in solo queue ranked. Against a team with 4 AP including a fed Eve (by level 4 she had mobility boots, by level 11 she had hourglass and I think a ton of kills), he built 3+ armor stacking items before building a single magic resist item, possibly because I was begging him to do build magic resist.

He built the AP half of abyssal before the magic resist half. He built I think the health regen part of aegis before the magic resist part. Our support had nearly as much magic resist as he did. After the game in the lobby he was like, trolling is fun, omg report me, I'm so scared, etc. And yes, it was one of those games where the bottom lane had maybe 5-7 deaths in 46 minutes, and the other three players had maybe 13-17 deaths each.

In regard to more important topics, GRAPHICS! I don't like more particles. Sometimes when there are so many particles in teamfights, I think I literally run around saving my cooldowns until I can figure out which glowy blur of particles is Graves so I can nuke him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

What should I do?
1)Buy Lulu.
2)Buy Sejuani.

Or, just play free week champions until you find one you like again. Pick one for each role and just practice up.

Snowman

Just played a game with my friends where I decided to try out jungle TF, and we won. Needed a bit of help with my first clear but after that it worked surprisingly well.

zkylon

zkylewd
idVUwXnUFG8qY.PNG

Second ranked match, went against Panth mid, and fed all early game almost to the brink of utter despair, but when Panth decided to taunt me and Lee Sin I got mad. Fortunately bot and top were doing better and took their towers, so I started making calls and we eventually outsmarted them into losing their advantage and taking the game :D

So yeah, fuck Pantheon, I'm sick of seeing him in every match because of ridiculously broken Black Cleaver. I think I'm out of ranked until they sort that out.

Yeah, this was pretty much my feeling about it after trying a couple of games last night. If I had known that I probably wouldn't have picked him because in retrospect he wasn't very good for our team composition but uh, whatever. It's normals and I wanted to try Nunubot.

When I play Nunu, everyone ignores me so I don't even have to Flash-ult. Just Blood Boil the ADC, snowball someone, wander into the middle of the action and hit R.

Then everyone Flashes out.

:(

garath

idVUwXnUFG8qY.PNG

Second ranked match, went against Panth mid, and fed all early game almost to the brink of utter despair, but when Panth decided to taunt me and Lee Sin I got mad. Fortunately bot and top were doing better and took their towers, so I started making calls and we eventually outsmarted them into losing their advantage and taking the game :D

So yeah, fuck Pantheon, I'm sick of seeing him in every match because of ridiculously broken Black Cleaver. I think I'm out of ranked until they sort that out.

I'm going to start playing ranked again. Just so I can complain some more. I'm -15 on w/l in normals since S3 patch. Seems like people are just derping all over the place recently. It's very disheartening. I used to win a lot more than I lost when I took it seriously but now it seems like I am shedding blood sweat and tears just to pick up a normal game. Might as well tryhard in ranked.

If I'm first pick, I'm banning teemo pantheon and blitz. I'd rather face all the Rengar/Shen/Malphites in the world than teemo.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure I've even seen more than 1-2 pantheons in my own games in the last week or so, so maybe it comes down to elo or luck.

I suspect pantheon is one of those champions that AP mids are not used to playing against, however (like Zed or Talon), and it may take some playstyle adjustment to not get countered.

I'm also not sure I've seen more than maybe one decent Teemo. I played Teemo, got destroyed. I don't know how to play him well enough. Other players play him, do mediocre or get destroyed. One last night went against our team's Riven top, Riven CRUSHED him and his tower and his team.

Garath, I kind of hope you get a few bad games against a couple of Diana's or pro Alistar's with that ban selection, so you experience the joys of other annoying champions. :p

garath

I'm not sure I've even seen more than 1-2 pantheons in my own games in the last week or so, so maybe it comes down to elo or luck.

I suspect pantheon is one of those champions that AP mids are not used to playing against, however (like Zed or Talon), and it may take some playstyle adjustment to not get countered.

I'm also not sure I've seen more than maybe one decent Teemo. I played Teemo, got destroyed. I don't know how to play him well enough. Other players play him, do mediocre or get destroyed. One last night went against our team's Riven top, Riven CRUSHED him and his tower and his team.

Garath, I kind of hope you get a few bad games against a couple of Diana's or pro Alistar's with that ban selection, so you experience the joys of other annoying champions. :p

Eh, I'll ban Diana over Panth if the other team doesn't (or I'm not first pick). The only reason I'd ban Ali anymore is to keep my own team from jungling him. Wasted ban.

Teemos have just been destroying everything lately. They are a must ban in my book.

scy

In my experience so far, almost every mid doesn't have an Armor page so AD Mids tend to have a bigger advantage than they should (though many AD Mid picks just counter a lot of AP Mids anyway, e.g., Zed, Talon). Then you have Cleaver's Armor shred helping them get to true damage and giving them better bulk so it's a lot harder for an AP to outright kill them. Still, a lot of the AD Mids can get free harassed early on if they lack a good 1-6 engage+CC.

League of Cleavers and ArPen changes in general, coupled with the fact that Armor is less efficient to itemize, makes this top/mid double AD a lot more viable than ever before. If enemy team picks a squishy mid or someone with a bad escape, AD Assassin all day.

In my experience with Teemo, it's more for how annoying the whole thing is. Walk into shrooms, eat his Blind+auto, watch him run the fuck away. Rinse. Repeat. It's so, so annoying. As I'm sure a lot of people can attest to with the like 10 Teemo games I've had over the past few days >>

Honestly, Alistar isn't ban worthy anymore. His jungle is worse than terrible now.

Besides, after like 6 months of permanently banned status everyone has forgotten how to play him anyway. Free wins.

Honestly, Alistar isn't ban worthy anymore. His jungle is worse than terrible now.

Besides, after like 6 months of permanently banned status everyone has forgotten how to play him anyway. Free wins.

I was able to win via my support Ali!

But I agree, Ali ban is a wasted spot.

In my experience with Teemo, it's more for how annoying the whole thing is. Walk into shrooms, eat his Blind+auto, watch him run the fuck away. Rinse. Repeat. It's so, so annoying. As I'm sure a lot of people can attest to with the like 10 Teemo games I've had over the past few days .

Every time I see you kill a Teemo ill give you Teemo honor face just to help you deal with your troubles.

scy

Every time I see you kill a Teemo ill give you Teemo honor face just to help you deal with your troubles.

"Probably don't need a gank t--OH GOD FUCKING SHROOMS AGAIN."

I might have broken down and cried at one point.

Teemo players are the sociopaths of LoL.

Ferrio

Banned
Ugh ya, trying to gank a teemo is hell. Just trying to guess where those damn shrooms are so you don't alert the little ass is a pain.

scy

Ugh ya, trying to gank a teemo is hell. Just trying to guess where those damn shrooms are so you don't alert the little ass is a pain.

Thankfully, playing more Kha'zix top has given me a fairly safe vs Teemo pick. Fiora probably too.

Fiora with Black Cleaver + Ravenous Hydra is absolute hilarity, honestly.

garath

darius cant do the ultimate build
warmog
Spirit visage
boots
3 cleavers

gg

Just watched Dyrus go 19/2 or something with Dairus using this build:

Tabis
Cleaver
Cleaver
Cleaver
Cleaver
long sword

I suspect the 6th slot might have been a cleaver. I could be wrong though.

spode

Can you NA-players confirm that you have this matchmaking thing implemented on your servers? Is it working ok? I play league very casually, 5v5 normal games maybe once or twice a week and I just got matched up with/against players with 2k+ wins. I'm at ~300 ._. We did win and it was fun with a more challenging game and stuff but I'm thinking with that matchmaking remake I'd play with more likeminded/casual people.

Ferrio

Banned
Can you NA-players confirm that you have this matchmaking thing implemented on your servers? Is it working ok? I play league very casually, 5v5 normal games maybe once or twice a week and I just got matched up with/against players with 2k+ wins. I'm at ~300 ._. We did win and it was fun with a more challenging game and stuff but I'm thinking with that matchmaking remake I'd play with more likeminded/casual people.

You need to derp harder then!

scy

I was reading this earlier and I remembered this bit just for you:

(which honestly didnt help me at all since it was written by the #1 ranked NA player and the NA 3v3 scene is non existant, if you dont believe me check the highest rated S2 team, my team Heimerdinger op already had higher Rating after 2 weeks of S3)

THE DONGER LIVES ELSEWHERE

Bruiser Top + AP Bot + Jungle is our normal setup when I played a lot of Elise for 3v3. So ... yay?

IsayFever

We should really play more 3s. We're getting kinda close to plat, and we're on page 4 of the 3v3 ladder rankings. So why not gun for page 1?

Just watched Dyrus go 19/2 or something with Dairus using this build:

Tabis
Cleaver
Cleaver
Cleaver
Cleaver
long sword

I suspect the 6th slot might have been a cleaver. I could be wrong though.

Seems the counter that some smart people are trying(atleast against me a few times) is switching the adc and support to top and shutting darius down while the top solos bot at turret with heavy jungle help. At first I was wondering what the fuck they were doing, but it worked. I've tried it a few times with randoms and it works well enough.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Come in ruthless. Anything that can stealth or use stuff like that gets pinks or if I'm snowballing an oracles. I played with ya and know you got the skills to try something like that. Besides oracles and teemo shrooms is free money teams fly like bait to a solo player trying to get rid of them in picking off fashion or teemo himself.

Ferrio

Banned
Come in ruthless. Anything that can stealth or use stuff like that gets pinks or if I'm snowballing an oracles. I played with ya and know you got the skills to try something like that. Besides oracles and teemo shrooms is free money teams fly like bait to a solo player trying to get rid of them in picking off fashion or teemo himself.

Ya I could pink up a storm, but fuck I don't know if it's really worth it or not unless all other lanes are doing fine.

Generally I just go in there and run around clearing out shrooms the old fashion way. Then try to come back before he sets up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom