• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is Nami a cat or a fish?

iI8XG.jpg

Boken

Banned
Anyone starting at blue who doesn't have garbage clear times. Wolves don't respawn fast enough to do Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Red.

But doing red after wraiths is probably worth the benefit of an early level 2 to bot lane

Boken

Banned
Golems without smite are fine. What else are you going to do after wraiths if you don't do golems?
Red? You get to smite one of them, its not a MUST that you smite red, since they are similiar enough anyway. Also, people are nice enough to give smiteless blues these days.

---

big golem
Health 1000 (+48 / min)
Mana 0
Attack damage 54 (+1.6 / min)

small golem
Health 500 (+37 / min)
Mana 0
Attack damage 30 (+1.3 / min)

vs

big lizard
Health 1500 (+90 / min)
Mana 0
Attack damage 65 (+1.825 / min)

small lizard x 2
Health 300
Mana 0
Attack damage 11

thats
HP 1500+85/min
AD 84+2.8/min

vs
HP 2100+90/min
AD 87+1.825/min

and keep in mind that mini lizards die to random aoe so the hp is actually more similiar than simply summing them.

Okay, actually just tried Iceborne Ez for myself. It does work, and it kept me unbelievably safe. One time Noct ulted me while Volibear ran towards me. I Q'd Noct and E'd away. It was very easy to constantly put up a frozen zone while retreating. Probably got hit by the ult and 1-2 attacks at most.

Problem is that... it's hard to fit. When the game ended I had Zerk, Gauntlet, IE, Zeal, Vamp, Doran. I rushed IE because I had to make up for some damage lost.

Zerk-Gauntlet-IE. 3 item slots left, 4 stats to cover (ASPD, lifesteal, penetration, revive). Going for gauntlet means sacrificing one of those. I might have to sacrifice either revive or lifesteal. :/

Boken

Banned
Okay, actually just tried Iceborne Ez for myself. It does work, and it kept me unbelievably safe. One time Noct ulted me while Volibear ran towards me. I Q'd Noct and E'd away. It was very easy to constantly put up a frozen zone while retreating. Probably got hit by the ult and 1-2 attacks at most.

Problem is that... it's hard to fit. When the game ended I had Zerk, Gauntlet, IE, Zeal, Vamp, Doran. I rushed IE because I had to make up for some damage lost.

Zerk-Gauntlet-IE. 3 item slots left, 4 stats to cover (ASPD, lifesteal, penetration, revive). Going for gauntlet means sacrificing one of those. I might have to sacrifice either revive or lifesteal. :/

I read frozen zone as friend zone. Ezreal, constantly putting up friend zones.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Red? You get to smite one of them, its not a MUST that you smite red, since they are similiar enough anyway. Also, people are nice enough to give smiteless blues these days.
I really have no idea what the heck you're talking about. Smite is not up. Your choices are red buff or golems. Just go golems then red. This is how it works. Watch any basic jungle route video.

Avinexus

I really have no idea what the heck you're talking about. Smite is not up. Your choices are red buff or golems. Just go golems then red. This is how it works. Watch any basic jungle route video.

The whole basis of this discussion is dumb since nobody starts blue without taking wolves first anyways, and it will be worth waiting the few seconds for them to come up than to lose a ton of health doing golems. A lot of junglers need to do the double wolves route because they can't gank after golems tear them to pieces.

Boken

Banned

"you get to smite one of them"
= GOLEMS OR RED
if that wasnt obvious

I read frozen zone as friend zone. Ezreal, constantly putting up friend zones.
Dude has icecold heart. :(
Incidentally I use Frosted Ezreal

I just noticed I still end up kinda poor in terms of gold relative to teammates. Am I supposed to be a bit richer? Unless lanes are doing awful I'm usually only richer than the support. There's just so many teamfights breaking out. Maybe I should buy Philo and ditch Machete buildups.

I still like that people very rarely buy pinks in my elo, and usually they're just placed at baron. I always try to carry 2 pinks.

brian!

he's saying do red without smite and then smite the big golem when it comes back up

Boken

Banned
Anyway, point is, if you must do golem+red the damage is similiar enough between smiting red or smiting golems that its worth it to give your bot lane an exp advantage

ps: ESLtv girl is cute :3

soembie is her name.

scy

Nobody starts Golems so I'm still not sure why they didn't just move the initial spawn timer to 1:50/2:00. It's the easiest way to stop bot lane from doing Golems without losing any cs.

Also, Golems would be up again at around the 3:00-3:10 mark doing this. Which is fairly close to when a Jungler would get there anyway.

It basically just replaces TF for Ezreal. Though, you do lose some stats from Gauntlet instead of TF.

ps: ESLtv girl is cute :3

soembie is her name.

My thoughts from yesterday when watching. Europe wins again apparently!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I start golems :x

My typical path is Wolves -> Golems -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Red -> Mini Golems, except for someone like Shaco, who is Wraith -> Red -> Gank -> Golems -> Wolves -> Wraith

Boken

Banned
I start golems :x

My typical path is Wolves -> Golems -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Red -> Mini Golems, except for someone like Shaco, who is Wraith -> Red -> Gank -> Golems -> Wolves -> Wraith

when everybody says golems, they mean mini golems

(when you say golems, you mean blue)

"Oh, who the fuck starts mini golems >_>. "

nobody, except dirty blue bot laners

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh, who the fuck starts mini golems >_>.

EDIT: Just saw the video, neat. Nerf blue side.

dimb

he's saying do red without smite and then smite the big golem when it comes back up
By the time you finish red, if you did it after wraiths, you would probably just go to wolves. This whole argument is just awful.

Boken, you are supposed to know things about this game. You are posting up some meaningless numbers like it's just as easy to do red as golems but it's not. Red buff is too hard without smite for a level two jungler. Golems are easier. Doing red without smite is generally also just more dangerous to do because you are leaving yourself extremely open to ganks. Do you really think you stumbled on to something that nobody else considered with doing red before golems? It just isn't viable.

The whole basis of this discussion is dumb since nobody starts blue without taking wolves first anyways, and it will be worth waiting the few seconds for them to come up than to lose a ton of health doing golems. A lot of junglers need to do the double wolves route because they can't gank after golems tear them to pieces.
Again, I am not waiting around five+ seconds for wolves or wanting the long runback across midlane multiple times just because bot lane can't win on their own. This will be fixed anyways. The question is how long it takes Riot to do it. Nobody goes to wolves after wraiths, and if they had to they wouldn't be viable. You are literally playing the wrong way and not hitting your potential if you go back to wolves after wraiths.

brian!

By the time you finish red, if you did it after wraiths, you would probably just go to wolves. This whole argument is just awful.

I dunno I mean if your concern is that wolves wont spawn for a while after you do wraiths and that golems wont be there after wraiths, it kind of makes perfect sense to just do red or to go do something else. i mean depending on the jungler I don't really think doing red without smite is a big deal, esp. if you're starting w/ that jungle item plus a buttload of pots

so like if you dont feel like doing golems after red, you can just use the smite on something else, its just that golems is closer to red is all

I don't really mind just sitting around and waiting for wolves to respawn though, depending on the jungler

Ken

If you do smiteless red you run the risk of getting it smite stolen by the other jungler. I suppose if you drag red into the bush beforehand it shouldn't be a problem, but recently in ranked a lot of low ELO junglers ask for smiteless blue with the intention of stealing enemy red.

Anyways I go wolves > blue > wraiths > wolves > red because I hate doing red smiteless and by the time I finish second wolves on some jungler, Smite won't be up for another 10 or so seconds.

dimb

Are any of the holiday skins good?

They all look really weird and awful to me.
The Ziggs and Veigar one seem okay, but only if you actually play the champion.
Riot balance team strikes again. Wow dat overkill.
Nome has posted in here before that the numbers on this site are not accurate. Even if they were daily stats are not reliable, and fuck any champions getting picked in 20% of games anyways. These were needed nerfs, but thanks for bringing reddit sensationalism in here.
I dunno I mean if your concern is that wolves wont spawn for a while after you do wraiths and that golems wont be there after wraiths, it kind of makes perfect sense to just do red or to go do something else. i mean depending on the jungler I don't really think doing red without smite is a big deal, esp. if you're starting w/ that jungle item plus a buttload of pots
I really don't know what to say other than that doing red is not the same as doing golems. It hurts way more level two, and it is not easy for almost all junglers to do level two red unless you only play Fiddlesticks or some shit. When you say "go do something else" there is nothing else to do. Level two ganks without red suck. There are no camps up. Invading isn't always the right choice.

brian!

I mean I know it's not optimal to do red at lvl 2 and all
but if you're not willing to wait on wolves and golems are missing, like I don't really know what else to say. maybe ask for a smiteless blue? or play junglers that can comfortably do lvl2 no smite red (there's a bunch)?

if i felt uncomfortable doing red I'd just wait a little bit for wolves to come back though, like I don't really thing that idle time is all that significant and the tradeoff for bot seems pretty important

dimb

Yeah, why does Ziggs have so many skins when few people play him.

I kind of want the ones from last year, but they're probably all bad too.
I heard Koreans like to play Ziggs. I dunno. The old Gangplank skin seems neat. I might get it.
I mean I know it's not optimal to do red at lvl 2 and all
but if you're not willing to wait on wolves and golems are missing, like I don't really know what else to say. maybe ask for a smiteless blue? or play junglers that can comfortably do lvl2 no smite red (there's a bunch)?

if i felt uncomfortable doing red I'd just wait a little bit for wolves to come back though, like I don't really thing that idle time is all that significant and the tradeoff for bot seems pretty important
I know what to say. Stay away from my golems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom