• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Good thing about noobs in ARAM is that they won't dodge because they didn't get Ezreal or whatever
I've been in ARAM rooms that take 10 minutes to start because of dodgers.

vesp

It's not recent. She's just not very good anymore.
At my shitty ELO (1200-1300), I disagree on both counts. I was never able to get her until around the preseason started and now that I do get her I can carry pretty hard most games and I don't think I'm even particularly good at her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
At my shitty ELO (1200-1300), I disagree on both counts. I was never able to get her until around the preseason started and now that I do get her I can carry pretty hard most games and I don't think I'm even particularly good at her.
Missile speed on her Q makes it too easy to dodge, and her W is worthless unless you land the binds. No real reason to play her when you could just pick Cho. More CC. More damage. Better scaling. If you want something more traditional people just pick Ori or Anivia. Or just pick Kat and Morgana can't do anything. Morde is kind of amazing right now with DFG and he shits on her too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So your thought's process' basically:

if (kat.banned) {
selectChampion(orianna, AP_RUNES & AP_MASTERIES & SLUTTIEST_SKIN);
}

Programming jokes OMG!
I don't usually play AP mid. If I did and I wanted to win I would learn Ori and Anivia if I was looking for a control/CC kind of mage. As it is I can play Kat and Twisted Fate and that's really all I need to know.
If both of those are banned/picked I will just play AP Tristana.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Does she even have any "slutty" skins to begin with? Last I checked they were all pretty tame.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does she even have any "slutty" skins to begin with? Last I checked they were all pretty tame.
She doesn't have any, but we work with what we have :p

Orianna_BladecraftSkin.jpg

I like this one because she wears like a silly wig lol

zkylon

zkylewd
So I'm usually not one to dodge, but I almost ran support with a team with no jungler, no CC (outside of my Sona ult), captain that didn't speak english and skipped a ban because fuck it.

Prior match we had a guy ask top and jungle but since he didn't get either he was just gonna go Xin ADC, then said he had to "take a shit" he dodged.

Ranked is so dumb...

Cathcart

Ranked is so dumb...
Are normals any different, though? I've played in so many games this week where neither team has a jungler unless I try to do it but I'm not great at it so I basically have all three lanes telling me how terrible I am for 30 minutes. Feels great. I have no idea why people treat normal games like their lives are on the line but at least in ranked maybe you get the fancy border. In normal it's the same assholes with no border.

Man, I gotta stop queuing solo. Or learn how to play this game :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Are normals any different, though? I've played in so many games this week where neither team has a jungler unless I try to do it but I'm not great at it so I basically have all three lanes telling me how terrible I am for 30 minutes. Feels great. I have no idea why people treat normal games like their lives are on the line but at least in ranked maybe you get the fancy border. In normal it's the same assholes with no border.

Are you playing blind pick? I find there are less assholes in draft pick since games take a little bit of time to get going, you usually get people with more patience. And the lack of a jungler tends to go away once you start racking up more wins and get level 30.

zkylon

zkylewd
A fancy border and a bigger number than the next guy isn't worth all the bullshit you get in ranked. At least in my opinion.
Well, I usually play ranked when I don't have anyone to play with, and if it weren't for the extra spice of gambling with your elo I think I would just play something else instead.

The bigger difference is that on normals people don't put their elo on the line, so they're usually less of a nervewreck mess. People in ranked are just the same assholes you'd find in normals, with added pressure, so it brings up the worst of the worst.

Cathcart

Are you playing blind pick? I find there are less assholes in draft pick since games take a little bit of time to get going, you usually get people with more patience. And the lack of a jungler tends to go away once you start racking up more wins and get level 30.
I've been 30 for a year and a half :(

Good point about draft mode, though. Maybe I'll give that a try.

The bigger difference is that on normals people don't put their elo on the line, so they're usually less of a nervewreck mess. People in ranked are just the same assholes you'd find in normals, with added pressure, so it brings up the worst of the worst.

Yeah that's what you'd think but man the past few days it's been so ragey. Maybe the extra rage comes out on weekends.

Agkel

So yeah, fuck this game.

As some of you know, I have been giving LoL a try, to see if I could get into the whole MOBA thing and indeed it was an instant success. Ive been reading guides and quickly improving my game. Today I decided to buy the digital collection because I have been having fun and I could see me play the game for a long time. After the purchase, I play a match as annie with my new goth annie skin.

Lag is horrible(1.5k ping) and obviously i'm been detrimental to the team, in which I apologize to the team repeatedly and explain its a first for me. They bash on me continuously for 30 something min, at which point I decide to leave. I eat, do some chores and go see the Hobbit with my brother. We come back and I start telling him about the game and come home to show him some gameplay only to find out I have been banned for a day. I WAS FUCKING BANNED FOR MY SECOND EVER LEAVE in over 20 matches.

Tomorrow morning, I'm calling the bank and reversing the charges on the card and moving on. I cannot pretend to be ok with a company that can just ban me without merit and recourse to dispute and lose everything on the account. Sucks that they have such shitty practices but w/e.

Ken

So yeah, fuck this game.

As some of you know, I have been giving LoL a try, to see if I could get into the whole MOBA thing and indeed it was an instant success. Ive been reading guides and quickly improving my game. Today I decided to buy the digital collection because I have been having fun and I could see me play the game for a long time. After the purchase, I play a match as annie with my new goth annie skin.

Lag is horrible(1.5k ping) and obviously i'm been detrimental to the team, in which I apologize to the team repeatedly and explain its a first for me. They bash on me continuously for 30 something min, at which point I decide to leave. I eat, do some chores and go see the Hobbit with my brother. We come back and I start telling him about the game and come home to show him some gameplay only to find out I have been banned for a day. I WAS FUCKING BANNED FOR MY SECOND EVER LEAVE in over 20 matches.

Tomorrow morning, I'm calling the bank and reversing the charges on the card and moving on. I cannot pretend to be ok with a company that can just ban me without merit and recourse to dispute and lose everything on the account. Sucks that they have such shitty practices but w/e.

That's not normal. And you being banned on your second leave is also weird. I've left quite a few games and haven't been banned yet. Is it a perma-ban?

Anyways sorry to hear about your poor experiences. MOBA solo queue community is a nightmare.

Ferrio

Banned
So yeah, fuck this game.

Show us the reform card!

Ken

This is why you mute people.

10% leave rate is actually pretty bad.

eh riot should show some leniency for new players. I'm sure they know it's not all rainbows and lollipoppys at low level games and sometimes people won't want to deal with those people and quit out.

i mean i've been playing ranked recently and i live the nightmare every day

Agkel

That's not normal. And you being banned on your second leave is also weird. I've left quite a few games and haven't been banned yet. Is it a perma-ban?

Anyways sorry to hear about your poor experiences. MOBA solo queue community is a nightmare.

Yup, normally I get 120 to 190 pings, 250 spikes if its pretty bad, so it must have been my internet messing up. The experience so far has been great, and the trash talk doesn't do anything to me(Ive been playing MMOs and FPSs for years) but there was no point in me staying in game and been harassed without me actually been able to play, so I left. The ban though, completely ruined the experience for me.

1 day ban

Boken

Banned
Show us the reform card!
It's the leaver-buster program, theres no reform card.

eh riot should show some leniency for new players. I'm sure they know it's not all rainbows and lollipoppys at low level games and sometimes people won't want to deal with those people and quit out.

i mean i've been playing ranked recently and i live the nightmare every day
Actually I don't think they do show some leniency, they game just detects if you seem to be making a habit of (apparently) purposefully leaving games and they give you a short ban as a slap on the wrist. My friend's cousin has been banned two seperate days for leaving multiple times already.

Yup, normally I get 120 to 190 pings, 250 spikes if its pretty bad, so it must have been my internet messing up. The experience so far has been great, and the trash talk doesn't do anything to me(Ive been playing MMOs and FPSs for years) but there was no point in me staying in game and been harassed without me actually been able to play, so I left. The ban though, completely ruined the experience for me.

1 day ban
120-190? Where abouts do you play from?
I'm surprised you're taking the ban so harshly, it's like you haven't had many games ruined by people rage quitting halfway. The leaverbuster system is just designed to punish deliberate leaving so that leaving isn't done without consequence. Perhaps you left those two games in a close timeframe?

Agkel

That's ten percent of your games. Also it's just a day. Relax.

If we were talking about 100 matches or maybe even 50, then yeah 10% sounds like a lot but 20 matches, come on. Someone who just barely started and just purchased some items could sure use some leniency shown.

And I dont mind the 1 day ban, what I do mind is the unjust ban (I still believe 2 leaves for a new player is not enough for a ban) and the fact that there is no recourse. What if I had invested 100 hours and say $75 into the account only to have it perma banned just because I left a game.

Thats another thing, my account now is flagged and there is no way to see when the infractions go away. So I take the risk of getting perma if I continue to play this game and I have to leave for x or y reason.

Agkel

120-190? Where abouts do you play from?
I'm surprised you're taking the ban so harshly, it's like you haven't had many games ruined by people rage quitting halfway. The leaverbuster system is just designed to punish deliberate leaving so that leaving isn't done without consequence. Perhaps you left those two games in a close timeframe?

Atm I'm in OR, and perhaps raging a bit harder than what I really feel, because I really wanted to spend the evening playing with my new annie goth skin and relax playing a few matches but now I cannot do so. But my main concern is, as i stated before the account is flagged and theres no way to see your infractions or when they go away, so I risk losing everything if one day I have to leave a match for an emergency or something and I still have this infraction up on my account.

Boken

Banned
If we were talking about 100 matches or maybe even 50, then yeah 10% sounds like a lot but 20 matches, come on. Someone who just barely started and just purchased some items could sure use some leniency shown.

And I dont mind the 1 day ban, what I do mind is the unjust ban (I still believe 2 leaves for a new player is not enough for a ban) and the fact that there is no recourse. What if I had invested 100 hours and say $75 into the account only to have it perma banned just because I left a game.

Thats another thing, my account now is flagged and there is no way to see when the infractions go away. So I take the risk of getting perma if I continue to play this game and I have to leave for x or y reason.

Honestly, it's pretty hard to be permabanned, unless you're terribly, terribly negative in games (and several bans from that), or you get banned for leaving successively several times. E.g. guy has been banned 5 times already, a few months inbetween each time, no perma.

I understand that being banned after 20 games is pretty harsh, but a 1 day ban is really the smallest unit they have. Low level games are plagued so much by leavers that I see no reason to be more lenient to new players. The rule that "leaving is bad" applies whether you're new or not. In the end, its just a program that detects the bad leaves, so perhaps you did something to trigger it

Atm I'm in OR, and perhaps raging a bit harder than what I really feel, because I really wanted to spend the evening playing with my new annie goth skin and relax playing a few matches but now I cannot do so. But my main concern is, as i stated before the account is flagged and theres no way to see your infractions or when they go away, so I risk losing everything if one day I have to leave a match for an emergency or something and I still have this infraction up on my account.

Honestly, if you leave every once in a while, nothing is going to happen to you. The leaverbuster program is designed to find those who leave maliciously or serially, and by all accounts the infraction system for leaves is pretty lenient, unless youre getting banned every week. I could leave 2 games in a row right now and not trigger leaverbuster either, the program knows your playing habits after a while, so random leaves are less important to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom