• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Probably just got mass reported.

Leaverbuster is seperate to tribunal though.

Anyway,

After receiving a certain number of leaves, which varies depending on the total number of games played and the distance in time between each leave, the player account gets first warned and then suspended

So I'm just guessing that the leaves were close in time and since you've played a small number of games, the system freaked out

Agkel

Honestly, it's pretty hard to be permabanned, unless you're terribly, terribly negative in games (and several bans from that), or you get banned for leaving successively several times. E.g. guy has been banned 5 times already, a few months inbetween each time, no perma.

I understand that being banned after 20 games is pretty harsh, but a 1 day ban is really the smallest unit they have. Low level games are plagued so much by leavers that I see no reason to be more lenient to new players. The rule that "leaving is bad" applies whether you're new or not. In the end, its just a program that detects the bad leaves, so perhaps you did something to trigger it

Well my Nerdrage is cooling down now :p, and you are convincing me that I'm been to critical of a system that probably works and I just got caught in the crossfire... sigh oh well I guess tomorrow is another day and I'll give it another shot?

I have been having a lot of with it, so I really don't want to stop playing.

Am I... do I... have battered person syndrome already? :O

Luigi87

So I'm just guessing that the leaves were close in time and since you've played a small number of games, the system freaked out

I'm thinking this as well.
I started playing back in March with some friends, and one of my friends had net problems and got a 24 ban for two leaves... I will add that these leaves were in Co-Op vs. AI matches, as we had yet to even bother with PvP yet.

This is how the system is. Unfortunately when she tried contesting it, the person basically responded "It happens, it happened to me in the past, deal with it" and had to wait it out.

Blizzard

Banned
That Galio quadrakill early was made up for by Galio doing practically no damage with his ult by the time the aram actually ended like 40 minutes later. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
I play as Malph, go 12 1 12, I think "hey Malph was kinda fun". Next match, we get a Malph jungler on our team. Guy literally waits until me and the adc are dead to ult so he can get a kill. Most of the times he doesn't.

Fuck this game sometimes.

zkylon

zkylewd
I play as Malph, go 12 1 12, I think "hey Malph was kinda fun". Next match, we get a Malph jungler on our team. Guy literally waits until me and the adc are dead to ult so he can get a kill. Most of the times he doesn't.

Fuck this game sometimes.
Also prior to that we got a dude that went Akali mid after I had already locked in Kat. We also had two matches with disconnects today.

Some shitty day, good thing I didn't play ranked.

Cathcart

The holiday skin splash art is making me want to play LB for the first time ever. Too bad the splash is like a billion times better than the actual skin. Makes a pretty good wallpaper.

Oh Diana, you so strong. Your jungle ganks face roll everybody. <3

Wondering whether or not to buy Dark Valkyrie. It used to look awesome, but they kinda ruined it after the change. Hmmmm...

Kenai

The holiday skin splash art is making me want to play LB for the first time ever. Too bad the splash is like a billion times better than the actual skin. Makes a pretty good wallpaper.

I actually want to spend money I don't have to get that skin because of the splash art too. I like Leblanc well enough but don't really like her skins...a few subtle Christmas light effects didn't do it for me. Doesn't help that so many people seem to want to play mid (terribly) so I hardly ever get a chance...

I think I'll just stay happy with my Ziggs skin. I have enough points for another skin on sale at least (comooooon Fisherman Fizz).

Ken

honorable opponent for nidalee

maybe olaf too since he tried to duel me after i tower dived nid

new story!

jessicaismywife: mid
TNT little boy: ad
CMinka: jungle
Corgi the Chloe: top
TNT little boy: first pick mid?
jessicaismywife: ill swap wif cminka
jessicaismywife: we duo
jessicaismywife: W8
jessicaismywife: actually
TNT little boy: k
jessicaismywife: can we duo bot
TNT little boy: lol
TNT little boy: i canot go mid
TNT little boy: ;(
jessicaismywife: he support me
jessicaismywife: who else can mid
Saprazzan: i can fill any spot
Saprazzan: but not jungle
TNT little boy: i go bot
TNT little boy: lol
Corgi the Chloe: i can mid
Corgi the Chloe: no prob
Corgi the Chloe: hehehhe
TNT little boy: ..
jessicaismywife: ill bot wif ez
TNT little boy: no
Saprazzan: can i supp?
TNT little boy: .
TNT little boy: .
Corgi the Chloe: hehehehhee

garath

Well my Nerdrage is cooling down now :p, and you are convincing me that I'm been to critical of a system that probably works and I just got caught in the crossfire... sigh oh well I guess tomorrow is another day and I'll give it another shot?

I have been having a lot of with it, so I really don't want to stop playing.

Am I... do I... have battered person syndrome already? :O

It sucks that you got nailed with the leaverbuster so early :( I understand completely how you feel. On the flip side though, I'm kind of glad the system does introduce newer people to the "leaving a game is bad" quickly. It would be very detrimental and probably worse for a new person's mental health to get in the habit of leaving games and get smacked by it much later when they have hundreds of hours and dollars into the game.

You'll thank that system later when you start getting really vested and have teammates leave your game - usually resulting in 20+ minutes of wasted time.

Also as others have said, I don't think you have to worry much about getting banned as you continue to play. I've played 500+ games and haven't been banned once. I've left a couple times when RL shit happened and had a couple internet issues that forced me to disconnect but the leaverbuster hasn't hit me since because it's such a small percentage of games and spread out over a long time.

I actually want to spend money I don't have to get that skin because of the splash art too. I like Leblanc well enough but don't really like her skins...a few subtle Christmas light effects didn't do it for me. Doesn't help that so many people seem to want to play mid (terribly) so I hardly ever get a chance...

I think I'll just stay happy with my Ziggs skin. I have enough points for another skin on sale at least (comooooon Fisherman Fizz).

My favorite LB skin was just unvaulted for the holiday - Mistletoe LeBlanc. Very cool skin imo.

I just watched the Vi Champion spotlight. She looks pretty awesome. I don't think I like the Varus charge mechanic but other than that, pretty nice. She'll make a good top laner. Health based shield on attacks, a splash attack for harass, gap closer and CC ultimate. Another bruiser!

scy

My favorite LB skin was just unvaulted for the holiday - Mistletoe LeBlanc. Very cool skin imo.

I've never played LeBlanc.

I bought her just because of Mistletoe LeBlanc.

:(

I just watched the Vi Champion spotlight. She looks pretty awesome. I don't think I like the Varus charge mechanic but other than that, pretty nice. She'll make a good top laner. Health based shield on attacks, a splash attack for harass, gap closer and CC ultimate. Another bruiser!

I'm curious as to how she'll actually be for top lane. She's not like Riven in the sense that she has an in-and-out harassment combo; she's more like Xin Zhao's all-the-fuck-in-all-the-time BE A MAN mode. Without a Phage/FM, her pursuit isn't amazing either so she should be pretty easy to kite out.

At least ... that's the way she is pre-6. With her ult, she should be able to set up a kill pretty easily I'd think (ult them, Q them away from their retreat path). Would still seem to want an early Phage or something as a means to slow and to beef up her passive.

Phage -> Black Cleaver -> FM if going a more damage route, Phage -> TF -> Warmog's if more of a tank? Hm. Maybe can just rely on Denting Blows for her Armor Reduction instead of getting the BC in her offensive build? 80% vs 60% Reduction. But hard to pass up BC as a stat stick anyway.

Whatever, spamming Vi games whenever she comes out
and isn't banned or picked before me

Inskipp

Quick question to those who have been gifting/gifted:

If I gift a skin to another player, and that player does not own the champ that the skin is for, does he unlock both the skin AND the champ when he accepts the skin- gift?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Quick question to those who have been gifting/gifted:

If I gift a skin to another player, and that player does not own the champ that the skin is for, does he unlock both the skin AND the champ when he accepts the skin- gift?

no, it'll stop you from completing the gifting.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
All right thanks for answering. I assume you can gift both the champ + skin without hassle, assuming the recipient doesn't have either of them?

i think they have to accept the champ first before you can gift the skin.

i assume the character+skin bundles would work fine though.

Keasar

Champion Spotlight: Vi, the Piltover Enforcer

Those punching combos of punching stuff!
Mr-Torgue.jpg

Hey gaf what are some of your all time favorite skins? Mine are Definitely not blitzcrank, Suprise Fiddlesticks,Pax Jax, and Bad Santa Veigar.

zkylon

zkylewd

garath

Hey gaf what are some of your all time favorite skins? Mine are Definitely not blitzcrank, Suprise Fiddlesticks,Pax Jax, and Bad Santa Veigar.

pre-change Dark Valkyrie Diana
Mafia Miss Fortune
Nurse Akali

hmm.. pretty much all I can think of right now. Sad part is I don't own any of them (including Dark Valkyrie Diana cause they changed it).

Gentleman Cho
Pitover Blitzcrank
Bunny Riven
Pre-"fuckeditup" Dark Valkyrie Diana
Classic Leona

*fist bump*

IsayFever

Nemesis Jax, Gentleman Cho'Gath, Astronaut Teemo, Blood Moon Akali, Surgeon Shen, Lion Dance Kog'Maw, Muse Sona, Iron Solari Leona

justtonameafew

How could I forget the best skin to date, BROLAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom