• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agkel

Welp, the day passed and my world did not come crashing down. My 1 day ban was over this morning and I got a couple of matches in and it felt good. I have to say I'm happy I was met with kind words here, instead of kthxlaternoob and some of you help me put things into perspective and now instead of leaving fun and awesomeness forever, I'm back!

FeelGoodSideStory:
Quick Background, I'm actually from Puerto Rico and I am visiting my brother for christmas break in Oregon, hence the whole I wanted to show him yesterday what LoL was.

After you guys showed me the light yesterday, (I had set the afternoon apart to play but since I was banned) I just decided to read on guides and watch some vids and what not. After a while I saw a whole bunch of videos of champs I dont have but that I was interested in playing and read that some legacy skins were coming back for sale. Been an organized person I had already done all my Xmas shopping for gifts for the family and GF, So I decided to take $75 of the little extra money I had left to spend it today when my ban was lifted.

Fast forward to this morning and I get to meet my brother's neighbor. Super sad story, the dad died 3 weeks ago because a drunk driver crashed into his car and his wife and 2 little boys are now in so much debt, first because apparently they were already in debt and secondly (as I understood it) He died in the hospital after a few days, so there are a whole bunch of medical bills and funeral arrangement bills.

You should have seen the faces on these kids, it fucking broke my heart. Thankfully I had a great childhood and remember with fondness my Xmases and I thought to myself that I had to do something. I went out to walmart and target and got them a whole bunch of lego sets, some angry birds toys and a couple of new jackets. Spent a bit over $200 on all of this and started thinking to myself that I might have spent a bit more than i should have.

Now I'm out of some champs and skins I really wanted and some extra money I may need, but God damn it was it worth it to see those 2 kids smile and forget about shit even if it was for a little bit. I am super happy and I hope that I helped that family even if just a tiny little bit :D

JesseZao

Apparently they are going to pick up the pieces of the broken shells of Diana and Rengar and fix/buff them in a future patch.

Rengar is probably just getting a flat heal while keeping the hit delay on the ult, but lengthening the duration to compensate.

No specific on Diana, but I would hope they revert the range changes at minimum.

Ferrio

Banned
Apparently they are going to pick up the pieces of the broken shells of Diana and Rengar and fix/buff them in a future patch.

Rengar is probably just getting a flat heal while keeping the hit delay on the ult, but lengthening the duration to compensate.

No specific on Diana, but I would hope they revert the range changes at minimum.

Her R needed the nerf, not that hard though. It should share the same range as Q.

Her W change was just stupid, just making it awkward to use

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Welp, the day passed and my world did not come crashing down. My 1 day ban was over this morning and I got a couple of matches in and it felt good. I have to say I'm happy I was met with kind words here, instead of kthxlaternoob and some of you help me put things into perspective and now instead of leaving fun and awesomeness forever, I'm back!

FeelGoodSideStory:
Quick Background, I'm actually from Puerto Rico and I am visiting my brother for christmas break in Oregon, hence the whole I wanted to show him yesterday what LoL was.

After you guys showed me the light yesterday, (I had set the afternoon apart to play but since I was banned) I just decided to read on guides and watch some vids and what not. After a while I saw a whole bunch of videos of champs I dont have but that I was interested in playing and read that some legacy skins were coming back for sale. Been an organized person I had already done all my Xmas shopping for gifts for the family and GF, So I decided to take $75 of the little extra money I had left to spend it today when my ban was lifted.

Fast forward to this morning and I get to meet my brother's neighbor. Super sad story, the dad died 3 weeks ago because a drunk driver crashed into his car and his wife and 2 little boys are now in so much debt, first because apparently they were already in debt and secondly (as I understood it) He died in the hospital after a few days, so there are a whole bunch of medical bills and funeral arrangement bills.

You should have seen the faces on these kids, it fucking broke my heart. Thankfully I had a great childhood and remember with fondness my Xmases and I thought to myself that I had to do something. I went out to walmart and target and got them a whole bunch of lego sets, some angry birds toys and a couple of new jackets. Spent a bit over $200 on all of this and started thinking to myself that I might have spent a bit more than i should have.

Now I'm out of some champs and skins I really wanted and some extra money I may need, but God damn it was it worth it to see those 2 kids smile and forget about shit even if it was for a little bit. I am super happy and I hope that I helped that family even if just a tiny little bit :D

You got banned from LoL just one day and life is heading to a better direction already. Someone should do my life a favor and perma ban me.

Joke aside, you did a nice job! Hopefully the goodwill will snowball after that!

So I'm just curious how which gaffers are notoriously known for just playing 1 champ? Off the top of my head from my experience

Tellyourself - Kayle
Nutty Hatter - Vayne
NoshinoRO - Sona
Soda Cop - Sejuani
Southerndragon - Garen

Probably missing a few.

Ken

So I'm just curious how which gaffers are notoriously known for just playing 1 champ? Off the top of my head from my experience

Tellyourself - Kayle
Nutty Hatter - Vayne
NoshinoRO - Sona
Soda Cop - Sejuani

Southerndragon - Garen

Probably missing a few.

those are wrong

nosh - gems
soda - lulu/sej

Koomaster

I used to be all about Sona, but my S3 Sona is junk, need to re-learn how to play her in the new season.

Now I am all about Nami.. and Teemo <3

JesseZao

zkylon said:
Oh god no all legendary skins are hideous
The Legacy skins are certainly mostly ugly. That's why they have to do these sales, to manufacture interest. I don't play Malz enough, but the Vizier skin is decent. Also, maybe the Alien Invader one.

I only play Elise given the choice nowadays, but before her, my go to was Rumble. AP Tops are too fun.

Bindww - Volibear

Everyone picks AP. You know what? I'll go Tanknivia.

Someone changes to Ez the last moment.

RdLDr.jpg

I was still so mana starved. I wanted a Chalice but building to Shurelya would be more helpful to the team. Plus dat CDR and extra health. I was building towards a bulwark.

I built Thornmail for giggles of people killing themselves trying to break my egg. I probably should have went with Frozen Heart or Iceborn though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I only picked Sejuani back up this pre-season. Before that I pretty much only jungled Mundo
or Rumble

Ken

Tellyourself - Kayle
Nutty Hatter - Vayne
NoshinoRO - Sona
Soda Cop - Sejuani
Southerndragon - Garen

Probably missing a few.

thinking about it the list should be a list of champs gaffers are known for, not necessarily one they only play

except tellyourself he always plays kayle

tellyourself - kayle
nutty hatter - vayne
nosh - gems
soda cop - sejuani
bind - voli
kiunch - ahri
rex - lee sin
schmatt - graves
dandan - olaf
kayos - first pick adc
scy - elise
achtius - sona
bwlzero - wukong
ferrio - alistar
ufo kid - ufo corki
misterwilhelm - his voice
merc - skarner
summons - preremake kat
crack - heimer
ashhong - ashe

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kind of disappointed Ferrio is Ali and not Riven.

Also Neki is probably Lux, just like he was Windrunner in DOTA and Aluna in HoN. Loves them long range gerobis.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No I don't really play with you guys at all. Except maybe Punky Buster recently.

Ferrio

Banned
have you seen his ali jungle

that's something you don't forget

:|

Haven't played ali in many many many moons, ever since he started becoming insta-banned.

I don't stick on one character exclusively enough to really have one tied to me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
thinking about it the list should be a list of champs gaffers are known for, not necessarily one they only play

tellyourself - kayle
nutty hatter - vayne
nosh - gems
soda cop - sejuani
bind - voli
kiunch - ahri
rex - lee sin
schmatt - graves
dandan - olaf
kayos - first pick adc
scy - elise
achtius - sona
bwlzero - wukong
ferrio - alistar
ufo kid - ufo corki
merc - skarner
summons - preremake kat
crack - heimer
ashhong - ashe

Hey! I always play....*looks at match history*

nvm.

Blizzard

Banned

summons - preremake kat
That was about the time I played like 100 ranked games with her. She will always live on in my memoryyyyy.

I also tend to go on stretches where I play primarily one or two champions for a week or something. I played a ton of AP Eve until they nerfed that. Then lots of Zed, lately Nidalee/Teemo/Ezreal for some reason.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
ok i changed it

actually i'm pretty sure you said in mumble a few days ago that you love tristana and she was your favorite adc but i guess that LOVE IS OVER

She still is my favorite ADC. However, Akali will always and forever be my League champion. Then Ahri.

tellyourself - kayle
nutty hatter - vayne
nosh - gems
soda cop - sejuani
bind - voli
kiunch - ahri
rex - lee sin
schmatt - graves
dandan - olaf
kayos - first pick adc
scy - elise
achtius - sona
bwlzero - wukong
ferrio - alistar
ufo kid - ufo corki
merc - skarner
summons - preremake kat
crack - heimer
ashhong - ashe
Haha.

Although, I don't play Graves. I think I've even played Corki more than him.

tellyourself - kayle
nutty hatter - vayne
nosh - gems
soda cop - sejuani
bind - voli
kiunch - ahri
rex - lee sin
schmatt - graves
dandan - olaf
kayos - first pick adc
scy - elise
achtius - sona
bwlzero - wukong
ferrio - alistar
ufo kid - ufo corki
merc - skarner
summons - preremake kat
crack - heimer
ashhong - ashe

WAIT WAIT WAIT.....you're right...my wukong is my best champ yet i never play him rank or rarely play him now because many top champs counter him hard....:(

Ferga

I'm known for my lee? Sweet.

I would say my best champ is graves or varus though

The adc main is recognized for his jungle. Better switch roles.

AcridMeat

Banned

tellyourself - kayle
nutty hatter - vayne
nosh - gems
soda cop - sejuani
bind - voli
kiunch - ahri
rex - lee sin
schmatt - graves
dandan - olaf
kayos - first pick adc
scy - elise