• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are my troll builds working

Tanknivia earlier this morning

Now AP Shen. Sorc Shoes, Rylai, Iceborn, Visage, Abyss, Deathcap

Ended up 8/3/18. Shield and ult are up so damn often. Our Sivir went from "why the hell are you building AP" to "holy shit thanks for saving for the 32151th time Shen". I was 100 gold short from being the richest. Our Fidd started really awful (kept dying in the jungle) but did quadras later.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
why are my troll builds working

Tanknivia earlier this morning

Now AP Shen. Sorc Shoes, Rylai, Iceborn, Visage, Abyss, Deathcap

Ended up 8/3/18. Shield and ult are up so damn often. Our Sivir went from "why the hell are you building AP" to "holy shit thanks for saving for the 32151th time Shen". I was 100 gold short from being the richest. Our Fidd started really awful (kept dying in the jungle) but did quadras later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpnJjeHJpm0

Ferga

is shaco the highest skill cap champ in the game

I still think lee is IMO. Shaco is up there though.

I don't think Shaco is hard to play. It's just that you need the right mindset to play him. You need to forget about yourself and help your team gain map control. The moment you lose that thought and you start to farm too much for your own benefit, you just lost the game.

garath

Is there ever a single game of League where someone doesn't scream REPORT X BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WIN

Yeah, I don't get it. I guess people think the "unskilled" report actually does something.

I don't even know why it was a call to report in my game. The team's kills were pretty even and it still ended up being a 40 min game despite how fed Vayne and I were. Really poor teamplay on both sides.

I guess people just get frustrated.

Cathcart

I was watching the LowElo stream the other day, they were losing as a premade 5 man and hadn't said anything in /all chat to the other team the whole game. As the other team was blowing up their Nexus turrets someone from the other team said "Who do you want us to report?"

I thought it was pretty funny. Might have to try that one.

thinking about it the list should be a list of champs gaffers are known for, not necessarily one they only play

except tellyourself he always plays kayle

tellyourself - kayle
nutty hatter - vayne
nosh - gems
soda cop - sejuani
bind - voli
kiunch - ahri
rex - lee sin
schmatt - graves
dandan - olaf
kayos - first pick adc
scy - elise
achtius - sona
bwlzero - wukong
ferrio - alistar
ufo kid - ufo corki
misterwilhelm - his voice
merc - skarner
summons - preremake kat
crack - heimer
ashhong - ashe

Ugh there's another Skarner player? 1v1 me bro =P

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
is shaco the highest skill cap champ in the game
Nah, as of now it's probably Zed or Syndra. Lots of stuff to keep track of at once.

Shaco's problem isn't really one of skill, but of mind games and risk analysis, which is universal to all champs. They're just far more important for Shaco because he's so fragile and they're all he has.

mercviper

merc isn't known for skarner? it's annie.

I think the majority of my games are Skarner. I wish I played Annie more, but I support/mid maybe 20% of my games with GAF lol. If we're counting only mid, then probably closer to 5%.

Edit: Checking my ranked stats in S2, my most played in each role are 93 Skarner games (59.1% w/l), 48 Taric (50%), 28 Annie (46.4%), 15 Jax (54.4%), 15 Graves (33.3%). lol people should never let me ADC.

garath

Nah, as of now it's probably Zed or Syndra. Lots of stuff to keep track of at once.

Shaco's problem isn't really one of skill, but of mind games and risk analysis, which is universal to all champs. They're just far more important for Shaco because he's so fragile and they're all he has.

Mechanically I'd agree it's Zed, Lee or Syndra.

Strategically shaco is definitely up there. His entire kit is about positioning, trickery and stealth tactics. The good Shaco's aren't defined by their timely Qs but by their use of his entire kit to demoralize and ambush the opposing team.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Sejuani jungle has the worlds slowest clear times...

i went to contest her red and killed it before she even finished her own wraith camp. she didnt try to gank a lane or anything, she just took so long that i walked from my blue into her red before she could kill wraiths. Good thing i didnt wait to try to kill her, i'd have been there all day.

maybe her team just didnt give her much help with her blue.

edit: yeah, wu who complained about her all game did nothing for her at blue, she had 230 health after.

Back in S2, I thought her clear time wasn't bad.

I was jungle Udyr that time. I thought she had slow clear times so I went blue->wolf->enemy golem. I was just starting on her red when she arrived so I had to run away. It's not like LOL WW where I'd have to wait like 20 seconds in the red bush before he gets there after I did blue->wolf->enemy golem.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
merc isn't known for skarner? it's annie.

Not just any Annie, it's Ghostly Flash Reverse Annie.

It is like a whole different champion, I will never understand the concept behind it.

It is as complicated as double rainbow, and I questioedn Merc as much as I spam /j with Lux, I am still confused with both theories.

It works tho, that's all that matter I guess, as long as no one judge my rylais.

Ferrio

Banned

I find Cass to be the higher skill level than syndra.

Blitzzz

I haven't played corki in a while cause he doesn't really build any of the cool s3 items.

:(

"PANKAKS WHY!!???" - Kiunch

muramana corki isn't bad.... I've had success with cleaver rush on him too..... cleaver E is a lot of shred mid game

disclaimer: I'm a ~1200 player with no time to play much

I really wish Riot would give Nidalee a QoL buff by making her Pounce towards the mouse instead of where she's facing. There are so many times I could have saved myself.

So I got this code for Morgana at EB games today. Since I don't play LoL, I thought I would post the code here in case anyone wanted it.

Quote to see.

Staab

So I got this code for Morgana at EB games today. Since I don't play LoL, I thought I would post the code here in case anyone wanted it.

Quote to see.

Thanks man, I grabbed it.
Appreciate the effort, if you'd like a PoE or Dota2 beta key don't hesitate to PM me :)

Haly

I find Cass to be the higher skill level than syndra.
Yeah, Cass is up there, i find her easier than Syndra mostly because her kiting is a bit better even if she has lower range.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, Cass is up there, i find her easier than Syndra mostly because her kiting is a bit better even if she has lower range.

I'd rank cass higher because

-She's sustained dps, and for a mage... it really doesn't work well in this game IMO.
-Her E range blows.
-Her ult is finnicky at best, syndras takes setup... but there's no bs with it. They need some QoL changes on it.
-She uses poison, which can be reacted to and minimized.

Ya she can kite a bit better..(syndra does have a slow, and a non ult stun). but in league that's not much of a benefit.

Haly

I think they can both be considered "sustained" AP champs. Aside from Syndra's ult, she doesn't really have that much burst at all. My main problem with Syndra is that her stun is even less reliable than Cass', especially in close range. There is pretty much no way to throw down a Q right between you and the Bruiser that just jumped you AND stun him with E as well. At least, not vanilla Syndra. I'm not sure if her QoL changes made this easier. And during the cast time, you're getting your face smashed in.

Unless they're really good at fakeouts, Cass can throw out a reflex ult to immediately peel off any attacker. And possibly even stun them on their way in.

misterwilhelm - his voice

What're you playin' at?

Actually, I think I have one of the most diverse champion pools out of the GAF players in terms of those I can play with confidence at any time.

I regularly play every AD carry, which is my main role, except Tristana and all of the supports except Nami. I have her, but I used her in like three games and thought she was garbage.

For top, I usually go Vlad, Kennen, Cho'gath, Lulu, Nocturne, Renekton, Garen, Riven, AD Sion, Trundle, Tryndamere, Kayle, or Warwick.

Mid, I play Vlad/Kennen again, Xerath, Annie, Cass, Kass, Karthus, Heimer, Morde, Ziggs, or Zilean.

Jungle's the only role I don't have a big pool, just normally go Cho'gath and if he's not needed, Warwick, Malphite, or Udyr. I used to jungle Trynd all the time. Might go back to it soon with the changes. I also got into jungle Riven for a while.

mercviper

What're you playin' at?

Actually, I think I have one of the most diverse champion pools out of the GAF players in terms of those I can play with confidence at any time.

I regularly play every AD carry, which is my main role, except Tristana and all of the supports except Nami. I have her, but I used her in like three games and thought she was garbage.

For top, I usually go Vlad, Kennen, Cho'gath, Lulu, Nocturne, Renekton, Garen, Riven, AD Sion, Trundle, Tryndamere, Kayle, or Warwick.

Mid, I play Vlad/Kennen again, Xerath, Annie, Cass, Kass, Karthus, Heimer, Morde, Ziggs, or Zilean.

Jungle's the only role I don't have a big pool, just normally go Cho'gath and if he's not needed, Warwick, Malphite, or Udyr. I used to jungle Trynd all the time. Might go back to it soon with the changes. I also got into jungle Riven for a while.

Your voice is just so deep and strikingly unique. I think it might be half the reason I invite you to games. :p

Ferrio

Banned
I think they can both be considered "sustained" AP champs. Aside from Syndra's ult, she doesn't really have that much burst at all. My main problem with Syndra is that her stun is even less reliable than Cass', especially in close range. There is pretty much no way to throw down a Q right between you and the Bruiser that just jumped you AND stun him with E as well. At least, not vanilla Syndra. I'm not sure if her QoL changes made this easier. And during the cast time, you're getting your face smashed in.

Unless they're really good at fakeouts, Cass can throw out a reflex ult to immediately peel off any attacker. And possibly even stun them on their way in.

Syndra has way more burst just since she doesn't rely on poison damage for half her kit. Her stun is pretty reliable though, but I never played her release so I can't comment on that. I do find using it as a reactionary stun much easier than cass's ult. Cass's ult has that annoying delay that really pisses me off. Not to mention if someone gets on top of you (kat, lee sin, akali...whatever), it's really difficult to actually ult them in the face. Syndra just needs to drop a Q/W on herself and hit it with the E, and it'll usually collide with the person on you.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
played ahri in my first mid game since forever, now i remember why i liked it so much.
The burst is only exceeded by the KSing of teammates!

[accidently built kages lucky pick thinking it built into DFG though]

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel Ahri kinda sucks as a burst mage, which is the reason I almost never play her anymore.

I dunno, her damage never feels quite enough.

scy

Ahri isn't really a 100-0 burst mage. She chips away and then suddenly goes for the Charm kill with the mobility to ensure you don't get away from her.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ahri isn't really a 100-0 burst mage. She chips away and then suddenly goes for the Charm kill with the mobility to ensure you don't get away from her.
Yeah I just read my post and it was kinda weird, but I meant it as a reference to Panda buying (or attempting to) a DFG on her.

I usually go Hextech Revolver, Abyss/Zhonya's, Rab's and GA on her. I might throw a Rylai's in there for the W but I dislike the item with a passion, so eh...

Actually now that I think about it I haven't bought a new DFG so far. Will see about that today.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah I just read my post and it was kinda weird, but I meant it as a reference to Panda buying (or attempting to) a DFG on her.

I usually go Hextech Revolver, Abyss/Zhonya's, Rab's and GA on her. I might throw a Rylai's in there for the W but I dislike the item with a passion, so eh...

Actually now that I think about it I haven't bought a new DFG so far. Will see about that today.

Cooldown reduction and extra damage for all her spells, fits nicely I'd think.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Rylais with torment is pretty good on her, 10% DOT for every W, and the duration is same as the CD.

I got to say that lichbane is my new favorite item on her, 0.6ap ratio every ~2 seconds, and give you something to do after blowing her ult. Twin shadow is also an amazing laning item, movement speed for roaming + 2.5 seconds slow to land your charm, I felt like it is custom made for her (and eve, dam eve).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I like to roam with her since you can push your wave extremely easily with Q. People are usually 1/4th dead when i show up in their lane, so finishing them in one combo is pretty easy.

plus Liandry's torment seems to synergize so well with Ahri.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sejuani jungle has the worlds slowest clear times...

i went to contest her red and killed it before she even finished her own wraith camp. she didnt try to gank a lane or anything, she just took so long that i walked from my blue into her red before she could kill wraiths. Good thing i didnt wait to try to kill her, i'd have been there all day.

maybe her team just didnt give her much help with her blue.

edit: yeah, wu who complained about her all game did nothing for her at blue, she had 230 health after.
Even if she almost dies she shouldn't be that much slower. Most Sejuani builds are awful and the community has a generally poor understanding of her. Like, holy shit why did I check guides awful. There are top rated guides that recommend Iceborn Gauntlet. And movespeed quints. And Crumbz has a guide that recommends picking up Permafrost at level two. Impossibly dumb.

scy

DFG isn't meant just for burst casters. It adds an extra 15% Max Damage to your rotation and +20% Damage across the board. It's basically good for an extra "spell" to use regardless of what kind of champion (e.g., assassins, AoE, high scaling, low scaling, etc.).

It's best suited for single target champs since it helps them assassinate that one person faster but it's just good for basically anyone. I mean, regardless of you being single-target or area damage, your job as the AP Carry is to kill their biggest threat. DFG helps that regardless of how you go about it.

With Flasks existing, I find it a bit hard to justify a Revolver as an early item for Ahri. Especially with better other options where you don't "waste" gold on the Spell Vamp stat.

I got to say that lichbane is my new favorite item on her, 0.6ap ratio every ~2 seconds, and give you something to do after blowing her ult. Twin shadow is also an amazing laning item, movement speed for roaming + 2.5 seconds slow to land your charm, I felt like it is custom made for her (and eve, dam eve).

Twin Shadow giving MR makes it a really good semi-defensive option for lane and the utility is nice. Beats Chalice for the utility + MR option in lane for those champs who don't need the regen (and/or are fine with just Flask).

As a plus, Eve can use Twin Shadow and not break stealth!

On the subject of Liandry's, I feel like noting that single-target, area effect, periodic effect, etc. skills all do the same damage per second with the proc. The duration is what gets cut down. If you're reapplying the effect constantly, it doesn't really matter that it only lasts half as long. Less so if they die during it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Even if she almost dies she shouldn't be that much slower. Most Sejuani builds are awful and the community has a generally poor understanding of her. Like, holy shit why did I check guides awful. There are top rated guides that recommend Iceborn Gauntlet. And movespeed quints. And Crumbz has a guide that recommends picking up Permafrost at level two. Impossibly dumb.

roll-playing items meng.

mercviper

With Flasks existing, I find it a bit hard to justify a Revolver as an early item for Ahri. Especially with better other options where you don't "waste" gold on the Spell Vamp stat.

What spell vamp change?
On the subject of Liandry's, I feel like noting that single-target, area effect, periodic effect, etc. skills all do the same damage per second with the proc. The duration is what gets cut down. If you're reapplying the effect constantly, it doesn't really matter that it only lasts half as long. Less so if they die during it.
This is why I need to find a place for it in my Skarner build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom