• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

What spell vamp change?

Was hoping I'd get to edit that out before anyone saw it since I'm not sure anymore. The bigger thing for Spell Vamp is that sustain options (Flask, basically) let you skip right into a bigger first item (that you'll get slightly earlier due to better gold) that getting a Revolver is just making you a bit more passive in lane.

If anything, I think Spell Vamp might've actually been buffed mechanically, though I need to check that when I get the chance >>

reserved for the most positive people of 2012 = half of GAF gets it.

The other half only ever play premades and we never say anything in chat.

zkylon

zkylewd
Rylais with torment is pretty good on her, 10% DOT for every W, and the duration is same as the CD.

I got to say that lichbane is my new favorite item on her, 0.6ap ratio every ~2 seconds, and give you something to do after blowing her ult. Twin shadow is also an amazing laning item, movement speed for roaming + 2.5 seconds slow to land your charm, I felt like it is custom made for her (and eve, dam eve).
Yeah those sound good so I added them to my recommended items for testing.

DFG isn't meant just for burst casters. It adds an extra 15% Max Damage to your rotation and +20% Damage across the board. It's basically good for an extra "spell" to use regardless of what kind of champion (e.g., assassins, AoE, high scaling, low scaling, etc.).

It's best suited for single target champs since it helps them assassinate that one person faster but it's just good for basically anyone. I mean, regardless of you being single-target or area damage, your job as the AP Carry is to kill their biggest threat. DFG helps that regardless of how you go about it.

With Flasks existing, I find it a bit hard to justify a Revolver as an early item for Ahri. Especially with better other options where you don't "waste" gold on the Spell Vamp stat.
To be honest I haven't tried it post-S3 patch and I always felt like Hextech was kind of a waste but it's been good to me so I don't argue with what works.

The other half only ever play premades and we never say anything in chat.
:(

scy

To be honest I haven't tried it post-S3 patch and I always felt like Hextech was kind of a waste but it's been good to me so I don't argue with what works.

I always argue with what works. That is, I want to know if there's a better way to have been doing things instead of what I'm currently doing. For instance, I played a fair amount of Kha'zix games where I'd go Tear -> Manamune. I don't think I lost lane in a single one of those games. But, it's not really that great of a choice for him in lane, even with the greater amount of W spam* I could do. These games were more a case of winning despite the item rather than because of. I'm currently fine with my sustain option being Cloth + Flask + Biscuit start (vs AP lane, 5x Pots + 1x Ward + Flask + Biscuit start, never getting me the fuck out of lane yo) and it's just a lot better of a starting option.

Also, doing this kind of analysis lets me try to be more flexible in my build options. To know when I need an early Warden's Mail instead of working towards a Brutalizer first. Or when to get at least 1x Doran's for the sustain. When I'd get Amp Tome instead of Ruby Crystal first when building towards Haunting Guise. And so on.

*I will gladly take Blue Buff though. Fuck yeah, W every cooldown don't care. Missiles everywhere.

JesseZao

I flip the table every time when I see opponent mid start with flask and 8 pots.

It's the new hotness. Although, I take a ward. Currently I'm finding out the best ratio of HP to Mana pots. I keep having ~2 hp pots left over for the first two backs so I think I need to buy more mana pots or just get another ward instead.

I have a feeling Vi is going to be pretty disruptive of top laning. That blowback punch seems like some easy poke and it makes a shield for you as well. Then again, that would push the lane, so maybe not quite as good as other chip champions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, I mean because I hate playing against him, specially as a jungler. I basically just say fuck it and stop warding because whatever, I'll be full health, ult up and under tower and the guy will dive me from whatever and get away anyways.

Fuck that guy.

Ken

Nah, I mean because I hate playing against him, specially as a jungler. I basically just say fuck it and stop warding because whatever, I'll be full health, ult up and under tower and the guy will dive me from whatever and get away anyways.

Fuck that guy.

i think he's weaker in the jungle than laning

scy

Vi is out I guess... maybe? Might be getting trolled.

edit: ya she's out.

And bought. Hooray.

Fuck that guy.

BE A MAN.

zkylon

zkylewd
Went Ahri last match to try out some of the things said here. I went HG, Rylai, Laundrys, Rabs and GA.

Didn't work so bad.

Ferga

Rylais with torment is pretty good on her, 10% DOT for every W, and the duration is same as the CD.

I got to say that lichbane is my new favorite item on her, 0.6ap ratio every ~2 seconds, and give you something to do after blowing her ult. Twin shadow is also an amazing laning item, movement speed for roaming + 2.5 seconds slow to land your charm, I felt like it is custom made for her (and eve, dam eve).

Years after his scepter hit the league store, little did rylai know, his scepter would boom in sales due to the legendary master ahri baiter

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I see lots of new Vi players neglecting to level Q up beyond one point in the games I'm spectating. Unwise.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
QEWQ (or QEQW?) -> R>Q>E>W seems to be the best way to go about things.
I would have to put games on her on live to say for sure about the first four levels, but that is the skill priority I've decided on. Probably QEWQ though when you're starting.

Her jungling is a bit slow. Add that with the fact that she has no cc for ganking and lack of tankiness, doesn't look like she'll be that effective. Will have to try her out in a real game before I can really determine though.

scy

Her jungling is a bit slow. Add that with the fact that she has no cc for ganking and lack of tankiness, doesn't look like she'll be that effective. Will have to try her out in a real game before I can really determine though.

She'll end up ganking like Shyvana I suspect; just kind of walks into lane and does damage. Her QAutoE on the engage does a good bit of damage though. Plus her ult is basically a guaranteed kill or Flash.

Her later jungle clears should be pretty fast though. Just trying it in some bot games and roaming the jungle and she can just attack the big minion per camp and let her E clear the trash. Probably not worth maxing E first but maybe worth getting to 2 or 3 for the reduced CD so you can at least restock between camps.

Her passive gives her a decent amount of tank. She'll get two shields in a random team fight most likely so that's ~500-600 damage absorb she'll proc. Not exactly a terrible amount and it means she gets an extra benefit from a Frozen Mallet + Warmogs + Randuin's kind of setup for a tank jungler.

Dunno why people are saying she is OP.

Because people overreact and say she's OP or terrible without really letting things settle. Then again, this is why people still complain about terrible champs.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried Vi in a bot game but couldn't figure out how to do damage. I had like 200 AD and was maxing Q first, but typically other players would kill before my ult would even do any damage, or I would apparently be snared by Morgana mid-ult-charge (I thought the ult couldn't be stopped by CC?) so it was really hard to get kills since people would just kite or speedboost and run away. That was even with an early phage, too.

Macattk15

Because people overreact and say she's OP or terrible without really letting things settle. Then again, this is why people still complain about terrible champs.

Yeah I know. I wish her Q slowed on contact for a bit. That'd be swelllllllll.

Guessing people throw poop fits cause they die after she ults them early game.

Blizzard

Banned
I wanted to buy Lee next.. but now I want Vi. Which one guys?
Buy Lee so there will still be a player left without Vi. ;p

I played support Vi last game (blind pick so it didn't matter too much, we won). Whether or not Vi ends up being strong, or nerfed into the ground so she's nearly useless, I think her selection of voice lines is one of my favorites of ANY champion. I like how she delivers them too. "Punch first. Ask questions while punching."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom