• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

falastini

It's only 7k for first week. I'm fine with the changes. It's nice to see Renek,Lee,and Noct getting immediate cuts as I was interested in all of them.

Achtius

I like the new pricing scheme, but are they applying the changes retroactively to old champions? If so I am not getting Fizz yet

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
just played a game where my mid kept switching from panth, irelia and olaf.

it's like they were taking turns jungling/top/mid

scy

Basically. She set scy back nominally (which I quickly reset with some camping) and lost her bot lane so hard because she just stood around in that river brush like a baddie.

I remember my comment to that gank too: "How the fuck am I supposed to play around bad players camping river for two fucking minutes?! WHY IS SHE THERE!"

I was bitter and whiny that game :( Maybe they knew.

I was actually in mid lane on my way up to reset you when she showed up the second time, which is when I said fuckit and took her blue instead to set her behind big time. The timing of that also let me gank bot for the double. :D

In the end, it didn't really matter. I still went like 10/7 or something and their ADC couldn't get away from me diving them.

I like the new pricing scheme, but are they applying the changes retroactively to old champions? If so I am not getting Fizz yet

"The seven oldest 6300 IP champions (Ezreal, Vladimir, Renekton, Nocturne, Lee Sin, Brand and Vayne) have all been reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP. As with all permanent price reductions, we’ll automatically refund the difference for anyone who’s purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today."

Next reduction won't be until mid-to-end of January with the next champion (possibly the ADC IronStylus is mentioning) release.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
>mfw I have all of those champs except for Renek, who I swore never to play because he's trash

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
since i started playing ranked; half of my losses are me playing support.
none of my wins involve me playing support. naturally; every roll but support has a 50% or better winrate.

im gonna start just taking rolls when im higher pick. -_-

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Aren't you guys kinda bummed about them raising the new price to 7800? I mean, the RP price is the same, so I don't see what raising it to 7800 actually does. Why not just keep it at 6300 for two weeks?

Unless they want people to run out of IP faster so they're more likely to make RP purchases I guess.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aren't you guys kinda bummed about them raising the new price to 7800? I mean, the RP price is the same, so I don't see what raising it to 7800 actually does. Why not just keep it at 6300 for two weeks?

Unless they want people to run out of IP faster so they're more likely to make RP purchases I guess.

pretty sure thats exactly why.

the riot calculators decided that too many people play too many games which makes 6300 too easy to amass in a 2-4 week period.

scy

They're also putting an extra week (at least) between champ releases. I think their logic being the 1500 IP difference can be made up there or you just wait another week before buying them with IP at the old price (while also having more IP than before).

Also, more $$$ bundle sales. cash money yo.

zkylon

zkylewd
That sounds pretty alright.

Also Vlad is now 4800 IP, so bought. So now I have like 4 tops lol.

Speaking of Vlad, Corgi, do Leslie Nielsen Vlad

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
URGOT DABBLE KILLLL

I tried to swing back into corki and I think TForce - Bcleaver/Bthirster is the best option.

Muramana - Not the best option unless you get FB. You're likely to lose your lane if first buy they come back with dorans and you have a tear. Plus you can't really charge it till lvl 6.

I want to run Kogmaw again but I don't want to ask my team to build a comp around me.

Have you try frozen fist (or whatever it call)? It give a bit of ap, cdr, mana, armor, and only lose a bit of damage compare to triforce (125% vs 150%). In return it does AOE damage(dat wave clear), and aoe slow on every hit, not to mention a lot cheaper/faster. Nasus is so freaking good thanks to that.

About Kog, I don't really mind him, go ahead and pick him. We'll just ask scy to pick Fiora, with CC jungle, and AOE mid/support and do some fishing.
kogmaw will be the worm

Just imagine this, Kogmaw by himself in the middle of no where.... 5 people instant gib you! Then suddenly leona/katarina/fiora/amumu shurelia+flash+ult instant penta.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They're trying to get more RP purchases on new champs by making IP purchases ridiculously time consuming. Kind of scummy, but at least they stopped milking Ezreal/Lee Sin/Vayne etc. for all they were worth.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
They're also putting an extra week (at least) between champ releases. I think their logic being the 1500 IP difference can be made up there or you just wait another week before buying them with IP at the old price (while also having more IP than before).

Ahh, didn't catch that part. That may be better for hero development overall if they give more time to each one.

Maxim726X

So I'm just getting into this now, my first DOTA game. Liking it a lot.

I've kinda settled into Garen. What's the opinion on him, and what's the best way to play him?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I've kinda settled into Garen. What's the opinion on him, and what's the best way to play him?
Good top laner. HP and Damage. Spin2win.

Tanky AD Crit is the best way.

Mercury Tread / Ninja Tabi
Black Cleaver
Guardian Angel / Bulwark
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Situational (Bloodthirster / Hydra / Maw)

Skill priority is REQW, but always start with Q.

In some cases, maxing Q before E is preferably.

zkylon

zkylewd
I never buy new champs as soon as they're released so this doesn't affect me negatively in the slightest.

I like the idea of more time between champion releases since I can't barely keep track...

Have you try frozen fist (or whatever it call)? It give a bit of ap, cdr, mana, armor, and only lose a bit of damage compare to triforce (125% vs 150%). In return it does AOE damage(dat wave clear), and aoe slow on every hit, not to mention a lot cheaper/faster. Nasus is so freaking good thanks to that.

About Kog, I don't really mind him, go ahead and pick him. We'll just ask scy to pick Fiora, with CC jungle, and AOE mid/support and do some fishing.
kogmaw will be the worm

Just imagine this, Kogmaw by himself in the middle of no where.... 5 people instant gib you! Then suddenly leona/katarina/fiora/amumu shurelia+flash+ult instant penta.

So youre asking me to play teemo then...

garath

It'll encourage more RP buys on week 1 if you really really want a champ.

I've been playing a bit more but I still only net about 4k IP between champ releases. I bought nami day 1 with 6300 and only have about 3800 today. If I want all the new champs I'll need to pull out the RP.

New champ price schemes LOL.

tldr.png
I guess this doesn't mean much to me since I own most champions anyway, but I like everything about that. Including an incentive to not buy it on the first week.

Maxim726X

Tanky AD Crit is the best way.

Mercury Tread / Ninja Tabi
Black Cleaver
Guardian Angel / Bulwark
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Situational (Bloodthirster / Hydra / Maw)

Skill priority is REQW, but always start with Q.

In some cases, maxing Q before E is preferably.

Good top laner. HP and Damage. Spin2win.

I'm basically copying the 'Off Tank' build directly of MOBA with good results so far. Love his last ability, great for finishing off weakened champions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Also less people playing the new champs because "why waste 1200 IP if you can get it cheaper next week" doesn't sound so bad.

scy

It'll encourage more RP buys on week 1 if you really really want a champ.

I've been playing a bit more but I still only net about 4k IP between champ releases. I bought nami day 1 with 6300 and only have about 3800 today. If I want all the new champs I'll need to pull out the RP.

And with the added week, you'll be (roughly) at the same difference as right now. 6300 IP Champion with 3800 on you now vs 7800 IP Champion with 5300 after the change (~6800 when the price falls down to 6300). The 1500 price jump is roughly equal to seven first win of the day games (~210 each on SR) so it works out fairly well.

Realistically speaking, you shouldn't be any farther away from being able to buy a champion assuming you get at least your first win of the day every day. Granted, not everyone does get this so for those people it does suck a bit to have an extra 1500 IP hurdle for release week of new champions. Also, it means 1500 more IP to be spent on Champions instead of runes, though you also spend less on the backlog of champions to buy. And nobody is forcing you to do a first week purchase.

Their goal is ~13-17 champions to be released in 2013. There were 19 in 2012 (and 24 in 2011). This comes down to around 3-4 week cycles rather than 2-3 (with the occasional delay).

zkylon

zkylewd
I know it's not economically viable but I'd sure love Riot to take like three months off and polish up what's already there.

Better models and splash arts, Karma/Heimer/etc. reworks, etc.

garath

So is anyone else seeing a trend of less and less people wanting to play jungle? I just looked back and I've "had" to jungle 50% of the time (had in this case meaning I didn't ask for it and all other roles were taken or people really wanting them).

Guess it's not bad. I've been getting better at the role. I've even started jungling Malph when he's not banned but it's just kind of funny that I don't get stuck with support anymore, I get stuck with jungling. Not a lot of people seem to want to do it anymore.

People don't enjoy getting shouted at for everything by every single lane (I certainly don't enjoy jungling either). At least support gets a pass when there are wards up and bot lane didn't lose terribly, and when you lose it's rarely the supports fault.

Truth. Jungler gets shit on more than any other role. I actually had a brand that was losing his lane hard to a Veiger call me "scrub" because I was trying to give him blue instead of chasing down a HALF HEALTH Veiger under tower that left him with just a sliver. Mind you I had ganked every lane (including his) successfully, and every lane but his was winning. It's mind boggling.

But I dunno, jungler got shit on before S3. Maybe it's because jungle is a lot more farm oriented now and gets yelled at more because you CAN'T gank as much or risk falling behind.

inky

People don't enjoy getting shouted at for everything by every single lane (I certainly don't enjoy jungling either). At least support gets a pass when there are wards up and bot lane didn't lose terribly, and when you lose it's rarely the supports fault.

Ferga

whats the consensus about AD carries in season 3? i personally think they got a whole lot better. i had an unusual number of monster games in the last two weeks.

They got weaker IMO.

Reason: phantom dancer was core on every adc with its stats in season1-2.

With PD nerfed, some carries will build no crit at all (hurricane) and no movement increase. Without crit chance and movement, adc gets a bit weaker in solo situations where your team wont peel Tanky dps for you in team fights. And I come back to this; red is more important than ever to adcs in season 3 than any other season for them to basically survive the whole assassin era we are in.

Plus the mastery pages for adc are really generic and offer no flexibility. You can really only have 3 different mastery pages for ALL the adcs which is pretty sad. Either take 3% more damage, take utility for mana and prolonging red buff or do more damage to minions to help CS. Only carry I have been able to break away from these pages is vayne. I have super secret pages for her.

Anyway I hate mastery pages.

zkylon

zkylewd
So is anyone else seeing a trend of less and less people wanting to play jungle? I just looked back and I've "had" to jungle 50% of the time (had in this case meaning I didn't ask for it and all other roles were taken or people really wanting them).

Guess it's not bad. I've been getting better at the role. I've even started jungling Malph when he's not banned but it's just kind of funny that I don't get stuck with support anymore, I get stuck with jungling. Not a lot of people seem to want to do it anymore.
Jungle's harder than ever and junglers got the most responsibility of the team, so they get no slack, even when it's not their fault.

It's pretty much the reason I don't bother to learn how to jungle, I don't want to have to lose like 20 matches and get blamed for it (because really, it'll be my fault), because while I enjoy getting better at the game, I don't care as much as to put myself through it.

I should try using my smurf, but eh...

Ferrio

Banned
They got weaker IMO.

With PD nerfed, some carries will build no crit at all (hurricane) and no movement increase. Without crit chance and movement, adc gets a bit weaker in solo situations where your team wont peel Tanky dps for you in team fights. And I come back to this; red is more important than ever to adcs in season 3 than any other season for them to basically survive the whole assassin era we are in.

Plus the mastery pages for adc are really generic and offer no flexibility. You can really only have 3 different mastery pages for ALL the adcs which is pretty sad. Either take 3% more damage, take utility for mana and prolonging red buff or do more damage to minions to help CS. Only carry I have been able to break away from these pages is vayne. I have super secret pages for her.

I wouldn't say they're weaker. I think the focus has changed on what you do with them as you have more than one way to build them, and they're no longer a black and white switch which gets flipped soon as you hit a certain crit threshold. I guess you could claim that's weaker in a 1v1... but I think they're overall contribution to teamfights is better now.

-Bloodthirster + Hurricane offers more life steal than previously possible.
-Hurricane allows adcs that use on-hit effects to actually shine.
-The redone black cleaver allows adcs to to shred armor for themselves, and everyone on their team.
-Sword of the divine still gives some adcs huge killing power if they wanna go that route.
-QSS is no longer a dead slot.

Not to mention the changes to armor and armor mitigation, which makes it possible to not roll crit anymore.

So Vi is awesome. Her jungle ganks are cray-cray stronk. I like the skin too. Seen a lot of people complaining about it.

She's incredible at isolating single targets too in team fights. Ult their AD/AP carry, bye-bye, team fight win.

Also starting with your W in the jungle makes clearing it ridiculously easy. Expecting a nerf on that soon.

garath

So Vi is awesome. Her jungle ganks are cray-cray stronk. I like the skin too. Seen a lot of people complaining about it.

She's incredible at isolating single targets too in team fights. Ult their AD/AP carry, bye-bye, team fight win.

Also starting with your W in the jungle makes clearing it ridiculously easy. Expecting a nerf on that soon.

Sounds awesome. I apparently I need more junglers I want to play. Might pick her up next week.

scy

I should probably try to jungle at some point.

Of course, I still need more lane Vi games. I guess I'll make games tonight so I can get that glorious first pick (and get countered).

mercviper

Really enjoying Vi, even though I've only played 2 games. Decent ganks, she's tanky, and her neon strike B animation is Franky from One Piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Ro9iVWKbbA#t=125s

sogood.gif

I should probably try to jungle at some point.

Of course, I still need more lane Vi games. I guess I'll make games tonight so I can get that glorious first pick (and get countered).
If you get countered, trade to me for your own counterpick :D

They got weaker IMO.

I think the move speed nerf is mitigated by t3 boots but I do think overall ADC is much more vulnerable and easy to kill. Not only because of the buffs to gap closing champions and nerfs to tanky champions who are normally your peels and thus not played.

I think Ezreal also became the number one ADC again because of his synergy with frozen fist that the other champs don't really have. (URGAWT does too but he doesnt have the range or escape of the other AD kings.)

So when you have a situation where Ez is #1, all other ADCs indirectly drop in value.

EXGN

I'm still banging my head on the wall trying to get better at the S3 jungle. I built HOG on like 90 percent of the junglers I used to play (Mundo, Lee, Noc, Shy, Xin, etc.) and without that item, it feels like I'm having trouble getting any gold. I had a game where I went like 4/2/7 and ~90 CS on Mundo and still had less gold than the support (finished with ~8K). Maybe that means I was relying too much on farming and not enough on ganking in S2? Not sure.

Playing champions like Cho, Amumu, Skarner, Olaf doesn't seem that different because I can still get Philostone + the ambient increase in gold. I just don't like playing those champions very much (cept Olaf) because carry junglers are more my style.

scy

They got weaker IMO.

The design goal was to weaken their late game but kickstart their mid game. And then make them easier to deal with.

And then Assassins became ridiculous and oh god Kha'zix out of nowhere HIDE YO CARRIES.

Really enjoying Vi, even though I've only played 2 games. Decent ganks, she's tanky, and her neon strike B animation is Franky from One Piece.

The recall animation is so worth it.

Or, as I put it in that game. "Everyone needs to watch the Vi recall!" and then followed it up with the Kat recall.

I still hurt from that comparison.

If you get countered, trade to me for your own counterpick :D

Brilliant!

I'm still banging my head on the wall trying to get better at the S3 jungle. I built HOG on like 90 percent of the junglers I used to play (Mundo, Lee, Noc, Shy, Xin, etc.) and without that item, it feels like I'm having trouble getting any gold.

If you weren't warding a lot before hand, I guess Sightstone isn't really "giving" you gold. But, the passive gold change and Sightstone use means you effectively have 2 GP10 sources vs 1 from S2 for the same (actually, more gold spent in S2) cost.

How does Anivia fair against Kat in lane? I had an unpleasant time with this just now. I got zoned and she's really good with Shunpos so ganking was futile.

I lost by around 120 vs 170 in cs in lane. She didn't get to gank lanes. I managed to never die and always pop my passive beside the tower. She usually wastes her Ignite and ult.

Ferrio

Banned
How does Anivia fair against Kat in lane? I had an unpleasant time with this just now. I got zoned and she's really good with Shunpos so ganking was futile.

I lost by around 120 vs 170 in cs in lane. She didn't get to gank lanes. I managed to never die and always pop my passive beside the tower. She usually wastes her Ignite and ult.

Never played the fight, but I'd assume badly. Shunpo should get around both the Q and W.

I suppose your best bet would be to just E when you can... then when she dives on you and ults, use your Q to stop it and pop your ult and wall her in (shunpo should be down).

scy

I dunno. I like to do Kat vs Anivia as I find it to be a pretty easy lane. Any time Anivia is beyond her turret is basically free harass. It's a war of wave clears in the mid-game, though, so roaming as Kat is stifled a bit until Anivia backs or she gets killed. But it's also not that hard of a kill to get, honestly; pre-6 is all about dodging her Qs so she can't get a big E off (and/or harassing when Anivia E is down) and post-6 is basically the same except with using the (very short) R cooldown as your harass window.

Now, granted, Anivia should almost never be away from her turret (unless baiting) and QE (ER after 6) is a fairly massive amount of damage. I think a well played Anivia is just super safe from Kat and nothing happens in lane besides a billion cs. Basically, a typical mid lane skill match up, though I'd give the edge to Katarina as she requires less to outplay the Anivia.

zkylon

zkylewd

Pretty bad I'd say. Anivia is really mana hungry while Kat can worst case scenario just farm with her Q for free, and shunpo dodging Anivia's stun/walls is pretty easy. Your stun is also not really that effective against her ult, because it's so freaking slow.

Best thing you can do is push push push so she can't roam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom