• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Kiunch, time to rejoice!

Transcendent now grants +75 Range to Unleashed Power at max rank.
Scatter the Weak cooldown decreased to 18/16.5/15/13.5/12

syn.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kind of disingenuous, since you choose which skills to max first for the firs 3 but your ult is always maxed at level 18 and only level 18.

Might as well say: "Unleashed Power Rank 3 gets 75 bonus range."

Ferrio

Banned
Kind of disingenuous, since you choose which skills to max first for the firs 3 but your ult is always maxed at level 18 and only level 18.

True, but it was one of her biggest weaknesses... pity you don't see it's effect until too late.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
True, but it was one of her biggest weaknesses... pity you don't see it's effect until too late.
Yeah I mean, if you made it to level 18 as Syndra without throwing the game for your team because you picked Syndra, what is an extra 75 range going to do for you?

Not very fucking much!

scy

Well, 16, not 18 :x

Blizzard

Banned
"We're nerfing your favorite champions", Riot's Christmas present to me. ;_;

Eve damage nerfed in two ways, Eve made squishier...I thought she became kind of crappy after the DFG nerf? Did she become really powerful once they rebuffed it? It takes so long to farm up DFG for me now, and you can't get GP5 in the process, that I wasn't aware Eve was still really good.

Riven change...what's the ratio thing people were talking about? I don't even see it on the PBE notes now. The health regen thing is annoying since I thought her health regen was already nerfed at least once, and sustain has probably always been one of my problems with her...AND the ult cooldown nerf seems like it should be huge early game, considering I thought that the ult cooldown had ALSO already been nerfed. And again, I wasn't aware Riven was overpowering at the moment.

Just seems a bit unnecessary -- Nome, is this a case of public stats being wrong and these champions dominating or whatnot?

scy

Eve damage nerfed in two ways, Eve made squishier...I thought she became kind of crappy after the DFG nerf? Did she become really powerful once they rebuffed it? It takes so long to farm up DFG for me now, and you can't get GP5 in the process, that I wasn't aware Eve was still really good.

Arguably, Eve's better now than she was before. Spell Pen changes, and harder to itemize good enough MR (+ more of a focus on Health stacking, means that her ult is better now. Even with DFG not scaling with AP, the damage output from it (+ the debuff) is enough to swing ganks into her favor easily.

Riven change...what's the ratio thing people were talking about? I don't even see it on the PBE notes now.

It was erroneously listed as +0.4 instead of +1.0 in one of the reports of the PBE changes. Which would've been a disastrous change, really.

The health regen thing is annoying since I thought her health regen was already nerfed at least once, and sustain has probably always been one of my problems with her...

Sustain nerf feels awkward since I thought they made a big deal about Riven having the highest base regen. Oh well. -1 HP/s isn't the end of the world with a Cloth5 start and an early Vamp, Doran's stacking, or Tiamat. It does suck that she went from the best Level 1 Regen to somewhere around the worst. Worth noting that +10 to her Shield means that if you use it every single cooldown, it's worth +1 HP/s at Rank 1. They basically moved her Regen to her Shield.

AND the ult cooldown nerf seems like it should be huge early game, considering I thought that the ult cooldown had ALSO already been nerfed. And again, I wasn't aware Riven was overpowering at the moment.

Riven is one of the hardest snowballing champ in top lane. She scales so well with AD in every single ability and her low ult cooldown at 6 basically cemented the lane in her favor. Get a kill using her ult? It's okay, it'll be up by the time they get back to lane.

The change sucks but it just means that you can't blow her ult to zone before backing or to sneak in extra damage to a turret.

Blizzard

Banned
Riven is one of the hardest snowballing champ in top lane. She scales so well with AD in every single ability and her low ult cooldown at 6 basically cemented the lane in her favor. Get a kill using her ult? It's okay, it'll be up by the time they get back to lane.

The change sucks but it just means that you can't blow her ult to zone before backing or to sneak in extra damage to a turret.
I could have sworn that I read your exact reasoning for why they nerfed her ult cooldown LAST time. Unless her ult cooldown has never been nerfed and it was Wukong's that got a major early duration increase.

scy

That's kind of similar to what I've been reading but my cards don't beat after I've locked them in, they're completely static. I'm on very high settings if that makes a difference.

Actually, you're right. The card doesn't reflect the beat anymore. You have to manually keep track of the .5s intervals.

I could have sworn that I read your exact reasoning for why they nerfed her ult cooldown LAST time. Unless her ult cooldown has never been nerfed and it was Wukong's that got a major early duration increase.

Off the top of my head, this is her first change to her ultimate.

Edit: By the way, Xypherous mentioned this as a change months ago. He's right, too, honestly. Riven's ult had no reason to be such a low cooldown for what it does in lane.

Blizzard

Banned
Off the top of my head, this is her first change to her ultimate.

Edit: By the way, Xypherous mentioned this as a change months ago. He's right, too, honestly. Riven's ult had no reason to be such a low cooldown for what it does in lane.
Her previous nerf was:

Base movement speed reduced to 320 from 325
Base health regen reduced to 10.4 per 5 seconds from 12
Health regen per level reduced to 0.9 per 5 seconds from 1
Speaking of manaless fighters, I think I was actually thinking of Garen and reading someone's reasoning on how Garen's ult shouldn't be up so often. So maybe this is the same thing.

Ken

"Diamond smurf" Yi wants to be mid but isn't because of pick order. Disappointed that we don't want a free win and chooses Yi mid anyways after Annie.

Annie and I duo top until I get enough for Madreds and go jungling. Went okay I guess. Still reported that Yi.

Blizzard

Banned

"Diamond smurf" Yi wants to be mid but isn't because of pick order. Disappointed that we don't want a free win and chooses Yi mid anyways after Annie.

Annie and I duo top until I get enough for Madreds and go jungling. Went okay I guess. Still reported that Yi.
...you reported the player with the most gold, most CS, and kills + assists on your team, second least deaths, when you had the second least gold, and the second least kills, because you were upset that they made an unusual pick and succeeded with it?

That's really not too cool, unless they were abusive ingame, used insults/slurs, or something. I mean I highly doubt they are a diamond smurf, but still.

inky

...you reported the player with the most gold, most CS, and kills + assists on your team, second least deaths, when you had the second least gold, and the second least kills, because you were upset that they made an unusual pick and succeeded with it?

That's really not too cool, unless they were abusive ingame, used insults/slurs, or something. I mean I highly doubt they are a diamond smurf, but still.

It's more like he took someone else's lane, effectively setting back a couple of his teammates. That's kinda griefing I guess.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Failure to communicate/cooperate with a team. Also, no shit he has the most gold he was the only one with a solo lane. He was competing against Annie top and a smiteless jungle Vi. And Yi was built to steal kills/gold.

Blizzard

Banned
It's more like he took someone else's lane, effectively setting back a couple of his teammates. That's kinda griefing I guess.
I guess -- it seems like Vi could have taken smite if the plan was to jungle after a few levels, though.

Also if failure to communicate or cooperate is bannable, they should ban like 67% of all players. since it feels like a ton of people either don't type at all, or don't cooperate with teammates.

Ken

I guess -- it seems like Vi could have taken smite if the plan was to jungle after a few levels, though.

Also if failure to communicate or cooperate is bannable, they should ban like 67% of all players. since it feels like a ton of people either don't type at all, or don't cooperate with teammates.

Except the plan didn't come up until I was in the game and about five minutes into laning when I realized that if I stayed top Alistar would also stay top. I opted to go into jungle after I had enough to get Madreds to give Annie a solo lane and so someone would be taking jungle EXP. I mean, as soon as the game started Annie was wondering what we would do and Yi suggested duo mid.

It's not that the pick was unusual; it's that he picked midlane after mid was already picked, locked in, and would not change. IIRC Annie was first pick and Yi was third or fourth pick. Just because he did well doesn't mean he was right in refusing to cooperate with the team. I really hope you're not defending the Yi. With your logic, I should be picking a lane someone else already picked first just because as long as I do super well then my decision to turn a solo lane into a duo lane, and eliminate one other role in our team from the game would be acceptable.

Apocalyptic Brand is on sale for 21RP in our region because it's doomsday.

I don't have Brand but the OCD person inside me wants to clean the 31RP I have. My RP must end in 5 or 0!

Blizzard

Banned
Bringing the pain with syndra. Think my favorite aspect about her is no one knows wtf she does.
I miss the days of Zed being like this, when every couple of games you could get someone going "wtf just killed me" because they vlad-pooled, or retreated behind their tower, and then died to the delayed ult damage.

BlazinAm

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-timing-changes

Sounds like they're going to reduce them in order of date. Fizz is fairly new... I'd suspect that won't happen for a while.

hrmmm... I earned about 1600 ip in the pass week and that is with me skipping a few days due to stuff and what not. At the rate at which I am going I could have enough for some cheaper champs by the time the next release rolls around.

Now to do some research on runes for Jax and Shyvana.

Ashhong

Went back to Ashe after months of other ADs. Forgot how fun she is late game with her attack speed. I got (maybe) my first quadra. I was all, pew pew pew arrow pew FLASH pew. Felt damn good.

Not reporting because he's a GAF member?

Are you shitting me?

Fuck you, Elix.

--

Let me clarify; First of all, you don't AFK when you die twice to "go read a biography". Fuck everything about that. You fuck over four other people are spending time in that game because you're a little bitch.

No, I will report you and I hope you get banned. You are toxic to the community.

Did he seriously do that?

That sounds pretty bad to me. I mean there's rage quitting then there's this.

garath

Talon is my new favorite mid. I went 5-0 with him before finally taking a loss (that had little to do with me).

He's so bursty and strong. Almost like a viable AD LeBlanc.

I was trying to think of counters to him last night in case I have to face him but couldn't come up with much.. maybe a bruiser or a Malphite mid. Something that can take his burst and kill him. I guess a Kassadin could get out of the second part of his ult if you are fast enough. Maybe Diana with her shield and counter burst.

A passive Vlad with a doran's shield might do well. Sustain right through the laning phase then become a beast in teamfights.

Anyone have Hecarim? I've been pondering on this build.

Mercury Treads
Iceborn Gauntlets
Abyssal Scepter
Spirit Visage
Sunfire Cape
Bulwark / Randuin / Warmog / Black Cleaver

Anyone have Hecarim? I've been pondering on this build.

Mercury Treads
Iceborn Gauntlets
Abyssal Scepter
Spirit Visage
Sunfire Cape
Bulwark / Randuin / Warmog / Black Cleaver

He doesn't need ap so you're better off going with trin force over iceborn, not sure of abyssal. Never built it on him before

He doesn't need ap so you're better off going with trin force over iceborn, not sure of abyssal. Never built it on him before

I was thinking Iceborne would pretty much freeze enemies in place. I put Abyssal there to pump the heal on W along with Visage, plus the damage on Sunfire. Plus all the glorious CDR.

garath

how to get kills with Zed?
The only time i can get kills is with his ult. He just seems like a walking ult to me. His Q needs a slow on it imo.

Armor pen. Watched a guy play a mean Zed yesterday. He goes 21 offense and Quint+mark armor pen. Black cleaver first, then he went Blade of the Ruined king. He was destroying things.

Armor pen. Watched a guy play a mean Zed yesterday. He goes 21 offense and Quint+mark armor pen. Black cleaver first, then he went Blade of the Ruined king. He was destroying things.

armor pen only works with his auto attack doesnt it?

and do you know the skill order? And also the yellow and blue runes. I have a set of pretty much every rune. Please reply fast, I want to start a new game. ^_^ Thank you

EXGN

I played her for the first time in S3 last night and she seems really good now that Haunting Guise builds into a better item and DFG was bumped back up to relevancy. With Liandry's, I was burning down the entire enemy team so quickly. DFG carry, ult entire team, spam Q, wrack up assists and kills, get away unscathed.

Anecdotal, but looking at the numbers and w/e, I can see why she might need a minor nerf.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/580683#history

mercviper

and do you know the skill order? And also the yellow and blue runes. I have a set of pretty much every rune. Please reply fast, I want to start a new game. ^_^ Thank you

Armor pen works for all physical damaging abilities, of which all of Zed's abilities are.

Also, thought it hilarious how they found the talon bug.

...ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH. Dang who would have thought of that?
Glad it's been found
But it begs the question, who was bored enough to find out the existence of this bug LOL

Me actually. I found it while fiddling around with a champion prototype (which has since been trashed). I wanted my guy's spells to amp his autoattack damage so I copied some of Talon's scripts. While testing the amp I accidentally set it to -100%. Suddenly my autos were putting out big red zeros for the damage text while still managing to red bar the bots I was testing them on.

garath

Skill order is Q first if you can land them. Armor yellows, MR blues.

Guesong

So in a strange twist of fate, I found myself playing LoL a bit more everyday, coming from a HoN and DotA background. Still play them ; each game has a different group of friends! >_>

Anyhow, I was wondering if any Champion Bundle was worth it, or rather what should I buy if I decide to drop like 30 $ on LoL. What are, all around, the most interesting/"different from HoN or DotA" heroes it has to offer that you veterans would recommand to someone interested in LoL? Doesn't really matter support/carry/ganker.

Or would that 30 $ be best invested in straight up XP boosts and Masteries and what not?

EXGN

So in a strange twist of fate, I found myself playing LoL a bit more everyday, coming from a HoN and DotA background. Still play them ; each game has a different group of friends! >_>

Anyhow, I was wondering if any Champion Bundle was worth it, or rather what should I buy if I decide to drop like 30 $ on LoL. What are, all around, the most interesting/"different from HoN or DotA" heroes it has to offer that you veterans would recommand to someone interested in LoL? Doesn't really matter support/carry/ganker.

Or would that 30 $ be best invested in straight up XP boosts and Masteries and what not?

You get a really good selection of characters with the bundle, for a long time it was the best deal you could get, I don't know if that's still the case though. Might wanna search online and see if you can find a better deal, I've seen it on sale for like $15 at points.

garath

No fuckin way? all these years.... goddammit

anyone else think his Q is just a little short on range? i think a 50 range buff be great

All of his skills are very up close and personal. Honestly I've never really gotten going on him. I played about 10 games with him and never did exceptionally well. I think I focused too much on AD and not enough on armor pen though.

I bought the champion pack. I don't regret it at all. It gave me a strong pool of champions for every role. It's the older champs so there will be a lot of similarities to DotA heroes but they are still great fun. I probably wouldn't spend any money on xp or IP boosts. Just save all your IP for runes when you hit level 20.

mercviper

I don't really remember all the HoN/DotA heroes, but I'd say Lee Sin, Orianna, Shaco, Draven and Nami are all pretty unique.

I played her for the first time in S3 last night and she seems really good now that Haunting Guise builds into a better item and DFG was bumped back up to relevancy. With Liandry's, I was burning down the entire enemy team so quickly. DFG carry, ult entire team, spam Q, wrack up assists and kills, get away unscathed.

Anecdotal, but looking at the numbers and w/e, I can see why she might need a minor nerf.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/580683#history
Bind fed the opposing double buffs last night in an attempt to screw me over. It's okay though because I still went 10/1/6 to win the game. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20108195#history

scy

@Vi - Her early game isn't _that_ bad. QAutoE is a decent harassment combo against basically anyone.

how to get kills with Zed?
The only time i can get kills is with his ult. He just seems like a walking ult to me. His Q needs a slow on it imo.

His (Shadow) E has a slow. WE to slow them, W to swap places, Auto, Q for the double Shuriken, Auto. That's his harass combo. It's pretty easy to land too, all things considered.

I used to run a strange set of masteries (9/18/3) but I haven't worked out a new page for him for S3. It'll probably be 19/11 for more ArPen and just using ArPen Reds+Quints, Armor or Regen Yellows (depending on matchup), and MR blues.

QWQE, R>Q>E>W for skill order. Boots3 or Longsword2 work for him as a start, early Black Cleaver -> BT -> LW.

Bind fed the opposing double buffs last night in an attempt to screw me over. It's okay though because I still went 10/1/6 to win the game. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20108195#history

support MF gg

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Bringing the pain with syndra. Think my favorite aspect about her is no one knows wtf she does.

This is how I win mid with her and I hope she never becomes popular because it's so damn fun. Easy and safe farming, versatile kit that's satisfying to use and a nuke that nobody expects.

And then the enemy team rages against their mid for losing to Syndra huehuehue

Probably Ezreal too, just because DotA isn't heavy on linear skillshots. IDK about HoN.

There's Vayne too I guess? She has an ultra low cooldown reposition tool that steroids her next auto attack. It synergizes with her E which can pin an enemy to a wall. Her ult makes her stealth while repositioning.

But yeah Lee Sin is definitely the most unique of the bunch. He's heavy into dashes and reposition but only if you can hit your targets. You know what? Just watch this Lee Sin vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TFS5P7sHno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom