• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I'm still banging my head on the wall trying to get better at the S3 jungle. I built HOG on like 90 percent of the junglers I used to play (Mundo, Lee, Noc, Shy, Xin, etc.) and without that item, it feels like I'm having trouble getting any gold. I had a game where I went like 4/2/7 and ~90 CS on Mundo and still had less gold than the support (finished with ~8K). Maybe that means I was relying too much on farming and not enough on ganking in S2? Not sure.

Playing champions like Cho, Amumu, Skarner, Olaf doesn't seem that different because I can still get Philostone + the ambient increase in gold. I just don't like playing those champions very much (cept Olaf) because carry junglers are more my style.

I'm hardly an expert jungler, but I've found I need to farm a LOT more s3 to keep up with the lanes. I can't spend much time ganking at all, and when I do it needs to be successful or I'll end up 1-2 levels behind, not to mention gold. I don't go for any passive gold regen. I focus on fast clears (butcher items) and fast effective ganks (damage). I don't really play the tanky junglers much.

How does Anivia fair against Kat in lane? I had an unpleasant time with this just now. I got zoned and she's really good with Shunpos so ganking was futile.

I lost by around 120 vs 170 in cs in lane. She didn't get to gank lanes. I managed to never die and always pop my passive beside the tower. She usually wastes her Ignite and ult.

I've never lost to Anivia in lane as Kat. The worst that happens is she pushes so hard post 6 that I can't roam as much but Kat should zone her pretty hard pre-6 and even post 6 just punish her every time she gets close to CS. I imagine a very skilled Anivia could do wonders but I haven't faced one. Usually by the time she can push enough to try and keep me in lane, I'm 50+ cs over her and I get more out of roaming and helping the other lanes anyways.

EXGN

If you weren't warding a lot before hand, I guess Sightstone isn't really "giving" you gold. But, the passive gold change and Sightstone use means you effectively have 2 GP10 sources vs 1 from S2 for the same (actually, more gold spent in S2) cost.

Sightstone is definitely a cost effecient item, but I think for a jungler, buying the equivalent of 2/3 wards per back is a bit overkill. I could see that argument for a support, but it really doesn't feel as efficient when I play a jungler. For some of those champs (Lee, Xin, Noc) you get a free ward from Wriggles anyway so Sightstone is kinda unnecessary.

I dunno, maybe it's just something I gotta get used to. I think it's the lack of the HOG GP5, plus the fact that there is actually less gold in the jungle until the 11 minute mark that just makes me feel less useful unless I play a pure utility champ like Cho/Amumu/Skarner/Mao.

Ferrio

Banned
Sightstone is definitely a cost effecient item, but I think for a jungler, buying the equivalent of 2/3 wards per back is a bit overkill. I could see that argument for a support, but it really doesn't feel as efficient when I play a jungler. For some of those champs (Lee, Xin, Noc) you get a free ward from Wriggles anyway so Sightstone is kinda unnecessary.

I dunno, maybe it's just something I gotta get used to. I think it's the lack of the HOG GP5, plus the fact that there is actually less gold in the jungle until the 11 minute mark that just makes me feel less useful unless I play a pure utility champ like Cho/Amumu/Skarner/Mao.

Sightstone on a jungler is a godsend. Helps protect your jungle, and allows you to safely invade theirs.

mercviper

I'm still banging my head on the wall trying to get better at the S3 jungle. I built HOG on like 90 percent of the junglers I used to play (Mundo, Lee, Noc, Shy, Xin, etc.) and without that item, it feels like I'm having trouble getting any gold. I had a game where I went like 4/2/7 and ~90 CS on Mundo and still had less gold than the support (finished with ~8K). Maybe that means I was relying too much on farming and not enough on ganking in S2? Not sure.

Playing champions like Cho, Amumu, Skarner, Olaf doesn't seem that different because I can still get Philostone + the ambient increase in gold. I just don't like playing those champions very much (cept Olaf) because carry junglers are more my style.

Hasn't felt too different from me, but it seems like we had different playstyles in S2 as junglers. I considered buying 2-3 wards each back pretty essential as a jungler because you act as the support for mid/top and it's key for keeping tabs on the enemy jungler and preventing counter jungling. In S3 I just buy fewer wards until I can get SightStone and I don't even build philo on skarner/amumu/cho anymore. Unless some lane has snowballed, most junglers don't need very many items to be efficient. Just like, boots so you can stick to your target. You can let the laner do the majority of the damage as long as you're disrupting. Just don't be crazy and tower dive pre-6 w/o a chain vest or something. :p

EXGN

Sightstone on a jungler is a godsend. Helps protect your jungle, and allows you to safely invade theirs.

Yeah, I understand the importance of warding. It's just, considering through the first 11 minutes of the game junglers only earn a guaranteed 2.8K (if you farm every minion the moment it's available and don't gank), spending 700 gold for 2 wards every 3 minutes and 100 health doesn't seem like the best use of resources.

I know it sounds like I'm saying LOL JUNGLERS DON'T WARD, which really isn't what I'm saying. I just think picking up an early sightstone on someone like Mundo seems like it would put you further behind in a position that's already gold starved.

scy

Sighstone allows you to aggressively ward their jungle and compete directly with the enemy jungler rather than serve solely as a ganking tool. I think a shift towards "carry" junglers actively trying to deny the enemy jungler (if not outright kill him) of his farm will be what we see happen thanks to Sightstone. Basically, counter junglers getting more out of counter jungling. Leave being a gankbot to the CC/Tank junglers.

Pre-11 minutes, you don't really need items anyway. You're not 1v1ing the lanes. You're 1v1ing your opponent. He's in the exact same spot as you. If you feel like you're down in Gold due to the changes, the same applies to your opponent.

mercviper

Yeah, I understand the importance of warding. It's just, considering through the first 11 minutes of the game junglers only earn a guaranteed 2.8K (if you farm every minion the moment it's available and don't gank), spending 700 gold for 2 wards every 3 minutes and 100 health doesn't seem like the best use of resources.

I know it sounds like I'm saying LOL JUNGLERS DON'T WARD, which really isn't what I'm saying. I just think picking up an early sightstone on someone like Mundo seems like it would put you further behind in a position that's already gold starved.

Sighstone allows you to aggressively ward their jungle and compete directly with the enemy jungler rather than serve solely as a ganking tool. I think a shift towards "carry" junglers actively trying to deny the enemy jungler (if not outright kill him) of his farm will be what we see happen thanks to Sightstone. Basically, counter junglers getting more out of counter jungling. Leave being a gankbot to the CC/Tank junglers.

Pre-11 minutes, you don't really need items anyway. You're not 1v1ing the lanes. You're 1v1ing your opponent. He's in the exact same spot as you. If you feel like you're down in Gold due to the changes, the same applies to your opponent.

Pretty much this. I don't really have much to add. The early wards allow you to counter-jungle the opponent who is also 'gold starved'. Mundo is a great champion for this since he has fast clears and an innate tenacity to help get away if he's caught. He's also a really decent dueler and I tend to grab exhaust on him because of possible jungle encounters.

The 8k IP is just asking to be bashed by LoL-haters but I do enjoy the reduced prices over time. This actually suites me because I can't keep up with the current pricing scheme (lol what).

Ken

The 8k IP is just asking to be bashed by LoL-haters but I do enjoy the reduced prices over time. This actually suites me because I can't keep up with the current pricing scheme (lol what).

now it'll take 70 hours of grinding to get champs ahhhh
ADVANT4GE: corgi
aqu649: i'll adc
ADVANT4GE: let me top
Corgi the Chloe: why?
Corgi the Chloe: why not let me top
Corgi the Chloe: let me top
Corgi the Chloe: pls
ADVANT4GE: i only play one champ
ADVANT4GE: sorry
Malicedecay: u rank
Corgi the Chloe: what champ?
Malicedecay: with only one good champ?
Malicedecay: wth
ADVANT4GE: malice
ADVANT4GE: have u ever been gold elo
Malicedecay: that is dumb
Corgi the Chloe: yeah it is
ADVANT4GE: rofl
ADVANT4GE: malice

Malicedecay: i only know 1 champion
Corgi the Chloe: i only know .5 champions
Malicedecay: 5 is decent
Malicedecay: 10 is about right
Malicedecay: or 8
ADVANT4GE: who are you to say that
Malicedecay: 2 per role
ADVANT4GE: you haven't even been gold
ADVANT4GE: lmfao
ADVANT4GE: get gold before ou talk please

Malicedecay: shh
Malicedecay: one champ

really

Boken

Banned
How does Anivia fair against Kat in lane? I had an unpleasant time with this just now. I got zoned and she's really good with Shunpos so ganking was futile.

I lost by around 120 vs 170 in cs in lane. She didn't get to gank lanes. I managed to never die and always pop my passive beside the tower. She usually wastes her Ignite and ult.
This lane is actually anivia favoured. Pre-six its somewhat even, since anivia is ranged and kat is melee (follow her and wait for her speed from w to run out before you punish her for shunpo harassing you). Post six you can just ult+e her whenever she steps close to her minions so you get free harass while you push (or you can simply just ult e her, she can't do much about it). Save stun for ganks or potential kat all ins. If she shunpo ults, it should be easy to stun since she's right next to you. Keep making sure you follow her if she shunpo harasses since you can punish even harder now if her shunpo is down. Otherwise, your push can keep her at Tower and you can farm wraiths really easily if you have blue (use your wall to trap them)

Re: ganks - as long as you have a cc jungler, it should be really easy. Make sure you tell them to wait until a brand new minion wave arrives to lane so that she has no shunpo targets (or just look at your own wave)

mercviper

you won't be able to play vi for a few days anyways so why not wait a bit. maybe lee will even be in the next champ sale!

anyways the free drawing request thread got me to start doodling more often so I was wondering if lolgaf would halp me in my pointless endeavor. if you guys could just shoot out a few random champ skin ideas (2 or 3ish) I could doodle them out. they won't look great though since i'm still practicing drawing but it would certainly help me to actually get 1-2 drawings done a day instead of sitting around trying to lose elo.

tldr: throw out skin ideas so i can practice drawing moar

Not really a skin, but Syndra throwing Reverse Annie @ Tibbers.

Actual skin ideas:

Mile "Tails" Prowler Ahri with Sonic Rammus vs Robotnik Urgot? Seems too unoriginal. Plus I don't really like the idea of Sonic Rammus except when he is powerballing.

MGS Teemo.
Cammy Vi.
Marionette Shaco.
Malcolm Reynolds Jayce.

Yeah my creativity sucks.

edit: Tinkerbell Lux, Midna Lulu with Navi Pix

Not really a skin, but Syndra throwing Reverse Annie @ Tibbers.

Actual skin ideas:

Mile "Tails" Prowler Ahri with Sonic Rammus vs Robotnik Urgot? Seems too unoriginal. Plus I don't really like the idea of Sonic Rammus except when he is powerballing.

MGS Teemo.
Cammy Vi.
Marionette Shaco.
Malcolm Reynolds Jayce.

Yeah my creativity sucks.

How about Pet rock malphite.

The jungle seems easier for me now. If a jungler goes to gank, 70% of the time they will have to back after the gank. I will usually invade their jungle then taking wolves or golems. It's not about ganking now especially if they are using ganking junglers. Fast clearers and counter junglers are definitely the way that S3 is catering towards right now.

TF's PaC is kicking my ass.

Everywhere I read has a somewhat different explanation so my double gold card rate is something like 20% when it could be higher with a proper explanation of how it works.

Ferrio

Banned
Hey Rioters, could you add a stat end game screen that shows how much health you've gained from spell vamp/life steal. Think it would be pretty informative.

scy

TF's PaC is kicking my ass.

Everywhere I read has a somewhat different explanation so my double gold card rate is something like 20% when it could be higher with a proper explanation of how it works.

Watch Pick a Card when you activate it. See the way it rotates? When you LOCK IN a card with Pick a Card, the cards still rotate; you can see the card "beat" while it's locked in which indicates when it would have changed. Each time it beats, the cards continue to rotate under their normal order (Blue -> Red -> Gold -> Blue).

Basically, you lock in Gold. Now, watch your locked in Gold card. After one "beat" it goes to blue. After one more beat, it goes to red. After one more it goes back to gold. It keeps repeating this until you throw the card. Once you throw the card (or it times out), your next Pick a Card use will start on the card respective to the beat you were last on.

So let's go back to this locked in Gold card. Lock it in and then wait one beat (Blue), another (Red), and one more (Gold). Now throw the card. The next time you use Pick a Card, it'll start on Gold so you can just WW to insta-lock it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thought on Vi? I'm going to buy her anyway but I want to know if I should look forward to it or get ready for buyer's remorse.

Watch Pick a Card when you activate it. See the way it rotates? When you LOCK IN a card with Pick a Card, the cards still rotate; you can see the card "beat" while it's locked in which indicates when it would have changed. Each time it beats, the cards continue to rotate under their normal order (Blue -> Red -> Gold -> Blue).

Basically, you lock in Gold. Now, watch your locked in Gold card. After one "beat" it goes to blue. After one more beat, it goes to red. After one more it goes back to gold. It keeps repeating this until you throw the card. Once you throw the card (or it times out), your next Pick a Card use will start on the card respective to the beat you were last on.

So let's go back to this locked in Gold card. Lock it in and then wait one beat (Blue), another (Red), and one more (Gold). Now throw the card. The next time you use Pick a Card, it'll start on Gold so you can just WW to insta-lock it.

That's kind of similar to what I've been reading but my cards don't beat after I've locked them in, they're completely static. I'm on very high settings if that makes a difference.

Ferrio

Banned
As Kat, I Shunpo right when Leona hits me with her E.

I finish the Shunpo and Leona is dragged along with me.

Cool.

God I hate when I play mao and that happens. W... they flash.... I go along for the ride.

Someone should play a custom with me, maybe we can time a W with someone B'ing at just the right time.

Einbroch

Banned
I like the new pricing scheme, but for heaven's sake Riot, make some non-humanoid champs. I like tits as much as the next guy but I'm bored with playing as people.

We have Anivia, Skarner, Rammus, Nidalee/Elise kinda, and...that's it. Kha'Zix is the only other one that's a step in the right direction, but he's still pretty humanoid.

I'm talking Puck levels of weird. Or at least something that isn't bipedal.

Or more waifus.

scy

I like the new pricing scheme, but for heaven's sake Riot, make some non-humanoid champs. I like tits as much as the next guy but I'm bored with playing as people.

We have Anivia, Skarner, Rammus, Nidalee/Elise kinda, and...that's it. Kha'Zix is the only other one that's a step in the right direction, but he's still pretty humanoid.

I'm talking Puck levels of weird. Or at least something that isn't bipedal.

Or more waifus.

Well, the next ADC isn't a "he." I don't know if that's being playful and it's just another waifu but i'm expecting some kind of creature or something non-human.

JesseZao

Well, the next ADC isn't a "he." I don't know if that's being playful and it's just another waifu but i'm expecting some kind of creature or something non-human.

Probably be a two-headed creature so they can make another transformeR. One head will have better eyesight and be able to shoot/aim farther, while the other one has more acute senses and can fire faster at normal range.

JesseZao

Good Spirit Visage buff. Slightly less annoyed at lack of MR items. ;)

UNIQUE Passive: Increases your healing, regeneration and drain effects on yourself by 20%

to

UNIQUE Passive: Increases received healing, regeneration, Lifesteal, and Spell Vamp effects by 20%.

scy

Good Spirit Visage buff. Slightly less annoyed at lack of MR items.

UNIQUE Passive: Increases your healing, regeneration and drain effects on yourself by 20%

to

UNIQUE Passive: Increases received healing, regeneration, Lifesteal, and Spell Vamp effects by 20%.

It's always done this. They just changed the wording.

@Riven Nerf: I'll wait to see it's just a mistake on the ratio. The rest of the changes aren't a big deal for her overall usability.

Not reporting because he's a GAF member?

Are you shitting me?

Fuck you, Elix.

--

Let me clarify; First of all, you don't AFK when you die twice to "go read a biography". Fuck everything about that. You fuck over four other people are spending time in that game because you're a little bitch.

No, I will report you and I hope you get banned. You are toxic to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom