• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of his skills are very up close and personal. Honestly I've never really gotten going on him. I played about 10 games with him and never did exceptionally well. I think I focused too much on AD and not enough on armor pen though.
i just went 11-4-10 zed in mid, my best score ever with him and it was so fun.

armor pen red and quints, yellow health per lvl, blue cooldown lvl 6x and 3x flat cooldown

blackcleaver, then cooldown boots, then bloodthirster, then frozen mallet, then negatron cloak. He is really fun to play, that's why i've kept trying to learn him. His sound effects are great... it's surprising how much simple things like auto attack sound effects make a difference. Just feels more satisfying

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For Guesong:
Ahri
Cassiopeia
Elise
Ezreal
Fizz
Jayce
Karthus
Kennan
Kog'maw
Lee Sin
Mordekaiser
Mundo
Nasus
Nidalee
Orianna
Pantheon
Riven
Singed
Sona
Syndra
Talon
Teemo
Udyr
Varus
Vladimir
Yorick
Zed
Zilean
Zyra

Ferrio

Banned
Tried Elise support. In my head i figured it'd work... (stun+very annoying harass) and I still don't know if it would of... because I had the stupidest Ezreal known to man. 0/6/0 at the end of game (surrender at 20).

0 kills happens... but it takes a special someone to not get a single assist... especially with a global attack.

Tried Elise support. In my head i figured it'd work... (stun+very annoying harass) and I still don't know if it would of... because I had the stupidest Ezreal known to man. 0/6/0 at the end of game (surrender at 20).

0 kills happens... but it takes a special someone to not get a single assist... especially with a global attack.

I think it will. I've done it a few times with a Varus bot.

garath

armor pen red and quints, yellow health per lvl, blue cooldown lvl 6x and 3x flat cooldown

blackcleaver, then cooldown boots, then bloodthirster, then frozen mallet, then negatron cloak. He is really fun to play, that's why i've kept trying to learn him. His sound effects are great... it's surprising how much simple things like auto attack sound effects make a difference. Just feels more satisfying

Try blade of the ruined king instead of BT for fun. The % health based damage is potent on Zed. And instead of Frozen mallet, you can go Last whisper for just complete ownage. Since % based penetration applies first now, it is possible to cause negative armor on the squishies. You'll blow them up before they know what's hit them. It's what I do on Talon.

scy

Try blade of the ruined king instead of BT for fun. The % health based damage is potent on Zed.

Blade of the Ruined King is is significantly worse than BT for Zed. Zed scales with AD hard (and scales up his AD with his W's Passive) so more AD is better. On top of that, his kit/general game design is to burst them down to <50% for his Passive proc; he doesn't tend to auto attack at 100-50. BotRK deals Current Health% per auto attack so you want it on someone who has A) Low AD and B) Autoattacks for a significant amount of their damage from 100-0%. The lower the target's health, the worse BotRK is.

Edit: It's a "fine" final item (Boots2, BC, BT, LW, GA) but I like Sword of the Divine or Mercurial over it; SotD is a 6.0 AD Active, essentially, and Mercurial is good vs lots of hard CC. BotRK doesn't add much to him bursting things down compared to other options. I'd rather have another BT than the BotRK, honestly :x

And instead of Frozen mallet, you can go Last whisper for just complete ownage. Since % based penetration applies first now, it is possible to cause negative armor on the squishies. You'll blow them up before they know what's hit them. It's what I do on Talon.

Armor Penetration cannot bring you below 0 Armor. To get to negative values, you need Armor Reduction greater than their Armor.

JesseZao

Defaults I like best that haven't been mentioned: fiddlesticks, elise, Darius.

Elise support works as long as your carry is good at farming, since you can zone all day and you'll probably end up taking a few kills.

What do you guys build on Vlad?

Starting item is debatable. Depends on the lane.

Boots3pots vs skillshots. Shield vs AD you can kite. Tome and pot vs easy lane. 15 pots vs dildos hard early lanes.

90% of games I rush revolver and use spell vamp quints. From there it's situational. Best items are Wota, Rylais, Zhonyas, Torment, Void, Deathcap, and Visage should be viable in the next patch.

Guardian Angel is a super situational pick for vlad. I'd take Zhonyas over that most of the time.

So basically, always get revolver and Deathcap and eventually upgrade to Wota. Choose between GA and Zhonyas, Torment and Void. Visage if they have threatening AP. Rylais slow is devastating with your spells and has won me many games so I consider it core along with Deathcap.

Never get to your 6th item and not get Deathcap. You will not do enough damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
Starting item is debatable. Depends on the lane.

Boots3pots vs skillshots. Shield vs AD you can kite. Tome and pot vs easy lane. 15 pots vs dildos hard early lanes.

90% of games I rush revolver and use spell vamp quints. From there it's situational. Best items are Wota, Rylais, Zhonyas, Torment, Void, Deathcap, and Visage should be viable in the next patch.

Guardian Angel is a super situational pick for vlad. I'd take Zhonyas over that most of the time.

So basically, always get revolver and Deathcap and eventually upgrade to Wota. Choose between GA and Zhonyas, Torment and Void. Visage if they have threatening AP. Rylais slow is devastating with your spells and has won me many games so I consider it core along with Deathcap.

Never get to your 6th item and not get Deathcap. You will not do enough damage.
Yeah, I always have noticed a higher-than-usual damage scaling on Vlad with Rabs.

I'm basically just doing top only, since I got better choices for mid. I need to really wrap my head around the best times to bloodpool and the risk/rewardness of his E.

I also find him pretty difficult to last hit with, for some reason. Low aa damage, or awkard animation (at least compared to what I'm used to) or something. I'm sure it's mostly me, but I do terrible at CSing with Vlad so far.

scy

Rylai's isn't that great super early for Vlad, contrary to how it would seem. HP -> AP scaling isn't that great (12.5 AP) and you don't need the effect in lane (generally). That said, that's based off S2 math so not sure how it places now. I'm still going to go with not the best early option, however.

Likewise, early WotA isn't cost efficient either. Revolver -> Guise + Sorcs -> Deathcap -> Rylai's / Zhonya's/Torment/Void Staff.

Spirit Visage is good but it's hard to properly value it since threatening AP is kind of rare.

I also find him pretty difficult to last hit with, for some reason. Low aa damage, or awkard animation (at least compared to what I'm used to) or something. I'm sure it's mostly me, but I do terrible at CSing with Vlad so far.

Oh no, last hitting with Vlad is pretty terrible. His base AD is meh and the animation isn't that great (hence the appeal of Blood Lord's better AA). He makes up for it eventually with amazing wave clear though.

garath

Armor Penetration cannot bring you below 0 Armor. To get to negative values, you need Armor Reduction greater than their Armor.

You're right. I was mistaken. Mixed up Armor pen with armor reduction. Plus armor reduction goes before penetration.

zkylon

zkylewd
Rylai's isn't that great super early for Vlad, contrary to how it would seem. HP -> AP scaling isn't that great (12.5 AP) and you don't need the effect in lane (generally). That said, that's based off S2 math so not sure how it places now. I'm still going to go with not the best early option, however.

Likewise, early WotA isn't cost efficient either. Revolver -> Guise + Sorcs -> Deathcap -> Rylai's / Zhonya's/Torment/Void Staff.

Spirit Visage is good but it's hard to properly value it since threatening AP is kind of rare.
So far I'm doing exactly that, though I think I'm gonna switch and start with a shield instead of boots.

Oh no, last hitting with Vlad is pretty terrible. His base AD is meh and the animation isn't that great (hence the appeal of Blood Lord's better AA). He makes up for it eventually with amazing wave clear though.
Ah, was about to say "that's reassuring", but it's kinda the other way around, since I can improve, but poor Vlad cannot.

It's true what you say about his wave clearing, a stacked up E blows up a wave like it's nothing.

I'm not saying get early Rylais or Wota, just that both are core. Rylais is usually the 4th item I get. The slow is just devastating in team fights. In lane, not so much.

Best route is usually boots, revolver, blasting or nlr, sorc, work towards zhonyas or deathcap, finish both, get Rylais if no mr, void or torment if there is. Finish Wota now or earlier if double AP.

Last hitting is tough, but only before you get a little AP and spellblade kicks in.

Neki

Not reporting because he's a GAF member?

Are you shitting me?

Fuck you, Elix.

--

Let me clarify; First of all, you don't AFK when you die twice to "go read a biography". Fuck everything about that. You fuck over four other people are spending time in that game because you're a little bitch.

No, I will report you and I hope you get banned. You are toxic to the community.

what happened, and who is Elix?

Blizzard

Banned

It's interesting because I play quite differently. I think black cleaver is great on Zed for CDR (two if needed), and mobility boots for ganking, and early orange hex blade thing if needed for magic resist + AD. I never felt like going tanky is ideal for him, besides maw + guardian's angel. MAYBE frozen heart.

His (Shadow) E has a slow. WE to slow them, W to swap places, Auto, Q for the double Shuriken, Auto. That's his harass combo. It's pretty easy to land too, all things considered.
If your goal is to harass, why not WEQ for single or double shuriken first, then W to pursue and AA if it seems safe instead of putting yourself at point blank range and at risk of a jungle gank? I suppose it depends on whether the mid or jungle have strong CC, since going in with W may mean you getting caught if you don't have wards.

I think I use a 19/11/0 page suggested by that high elo zed player on reddit or whatever.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not saying get early Rylais or Wota, just that both are core. Rylais is usually the 4th item I get. The slow is just devastating in team fights. In lane, not so much.

Best route is usually boots, revolver, blasting or nlr, sorc, work towards zhonyas or deathcap, finish both, get Rylais if no mr, void or torment if there is. Finish Wota now or earlier if double AP.

Last hitting is tough, but only before you get a little AP and spellblade kicks in.
Yeah, I just copied some random mastery page from lolpro because I was in a hurry. so I don't think I have spellblade, but I'll add it no doubt, specially since harassing with autoattacks in top is so easy when you're ranged.

what happened, and who is Elix?
Oh wow, I had missed that post.

My team had some raging people in ARAM the other day too, even if we were all gaffers fooling around. Guess not everyone's a charmer like I am :3

scy

So far I'm doing exactly that, though I think I'm gonna switch and start with a shield instead of boots.

I'd rather Cloth5 I think. It sells back for more, if nothing else. I wish Banner of Command was a better item if only for APs to get a good item to eventually get out of a Cloth5 start. I guess you can always turn it into an Aegis.

I'm not saying get early Rylais or Wota, just that both are core.

I didn't mean for it to sound that way. Was just saying you get an early Revolver but the early WotA isn't efficient; Rylai's gives Health/AP for Vlad's passive but it isn't good early on still.

If your goal is to harass, why not WEQ for single or double shuriken first, then W to pursue and AA if it seems safe instead of putting yourself at point blank range and at risk of a jungle gank? I suppose it depends on whether the mid or jungle have strong CC, since going in with W may mean you getting caught if you don't have wards.

I think I use a 19/11/0 page suggested by that high elo zed player on reddit or whatever.

You can just do the WEQ if you want. The swap with the two autos is less safe but far more damage (two autos, one of them most likely triggering the Passive). Against most AP Mids, you can get away with it and force a Flash or for them to retreat and you won't take much damage. Of course, you don't do it if you think the Jungler is nearby.

If you just need to harass, just WEQ. WE, WAutoQ, Auto is if you want to force them out of lane or immediately set them up for the ult chase into a kill.

Edit: You don't have to swap and then Q, it's just easier to pursue by swapping and then throwing.

Zeppelin

I just started playing ranked for the first time (just hit 30) the other day and people were really nice. But then I lost 3 games in a row and now I think I'm in low elo hell. Like for reals, I've never encountered so many fucking retards in my entire life. It's incredible. I don't understand why these people even bother with ranked, it obviously doesn't suit them. Troll picks, quitting when they don't get their champ etc. It's amazing really. To the point where I don't see my self playing any more ranked games. It's just not worth it.

Leezard

I just started playing ranked for the first time (just hit 30) the other day and people were really nice. But then I lost 3 games in a row and now I think I'm in low elo hell. Like for reals, I've never encountered so many fucking retards in my entire life. It's incredible. I don't understand why these people even bother with ranked, it obviously doesn't suit them. Troll picks, quitting when they don't get their champ etc. It's amazing really. To the point where I don't see my self playing any more ranked games. It's just not worth it.

Yeah, solo ranked is disgusting. You will encounter these people no matter your elo, as well. There are more in the lower elo though, of course. If you want to play ranked, I would recommend polishing your skills in normals first, until you can carry yourself to 1500+ easily.
3v3 normal is the most civil game mode, I think.

Zeppelin

NEVER start rank soon as you hit 30.

Lesson learned.

Yeah, solo ranked is disgusting. You will encounter these people no matter your elo, as well. There are more in the lower elo though, of course. If you want to play ranked, I would recommend polishing your skills in normals first, until you can carry yourself to 1500+ easily.
3v3 normal is the most civil game mode, I think.

Yeah, I guess I'll stick to normal games. Most of my friends who recently started are still grinding their way to 30 anyway.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
New Stonewall jungle tier list.
g573T.jpg

I uh, don't really get it.

Ken

DPFDL: i'm sorry
DPFDL: but wtf
dankage22: ?
DPFDL: veigar on kata?
dankage22: yea
dankage22: ez 1 shot for me
dankage22: i am good at puttin the stun onmyself
DPFDL: tell me you gonna beat her
dankage22: i am gonna shit on her
DPFDL: i meant to say how
dankage22: farm passively
dankage22: till first gank and pow stun rawr
speedevee: react to shunpo
speedevee: and burts her

This Veigar:

1) Never committed to team fights even when the enemy initiated on us and we had no way to escape but fight back.

2) Drops a stun in team fights and runs away instead of nuking someone, meaning I have to tank 4 people on me at mid turret for about 8 seconds before dying and then I see that he's hugging a totally different turret with full health and mana. After three people die he decides to do his combo sans stun on Graves without killing him and runs away again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom