• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Trundle above Nocturne, and I think Trundle is actually great as a counterpick.

Stonewall take everything into account when he makes his tier lists. This includes clearing ganking sustaining and jungle control. Trundle basically can't die in the jungle and if he finds you in his jungle, you ain't getting away without burning flash. So he has great control overall with good ganks with pillar. Plus now that te season 3 jungle is less dependent on aoe and the large wolves and wraiths are more powerful, trundle got much better. I agree that trundle is a great counter pick but the tier list is very generic so that's why trundle is top tier.

Also Nocturne is squishy as hell. I tend to burn through 4/5 of my pots when I go through the first clear. So if noc ever got invaded while he is getting a buff, he'll probably die.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stonewall also has a weird hard-on for Trundle ever since he was released.

Doesn't stop him from being one of the most unpopular jungles in pubs.

I had one on my team who was dominating, and their irelia was like "I thought that champ was ass!"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Makes sense to me. What seems off for you?
Cho and Noct too low. Skarner too high. Jax probably too low. Udyr too high. Zed too high. Sejuani too low. Hecarim too low. Darius too low.
Trundle sucks.

scy

Stonewall also has a weird hard-on for Trundle ever since he was released.

Doesn't stop him from being one of the most unpopular jungles in pubs.

I had one on my team who was dominating, and their irelia was like "I thought that champ was ass!"

Meanwhile, Trundle is the pick or ban jungler of Korea.

Saprol

You'd think those hints in Dominion could be disabled somehow. I like playing Ezreal on that map for the global interrupt and Q-mashing. Less fun when I realize none of our picks can peel.

So my wife just gave me my Christmas present.

bestwifena_zpsd9d803f8.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think Kog's inside-out dick of a tongue spitting out some mucus is an image I'd want associated in the same thoughts as "pussy master".

But maybe that's just me :D

Ferga

Note to self: never ever ever never ever touch solo draft ever again

Never want to deal with trash talking premade 4s ever again.

Hope I don't get banned too for intentional feeding because I had a bad score.

Blizzard

Banned
The true fun is at like 700-1100 elo where I live.

Also I was maybe a little meh, since I finally bought Ezreal right before the upcoming iceborne gauntlet nerf and right before the champion price reduction thing, but then I got this:

We recently announced that we would be reducing the price on many of our champions. We also noticed that you purchased at least one of these champions two weeks before we announced these items' price changes. You can view the announcement here.

Since you made this purchase so close to the adjustment in its price, we have decided to issue you a proactive refund for the difference of 1500 IP which is the difference between your initial purchase price and the adjusted price. The amount of this refund should be credited to your account within the next two weeks, and is yours to spend however you choose. If you have made any other purchases that meet the same criteria, you should have also received a refund for those purchases. Please note that this refund may not be reflected in your current point total in the client until you attempt to make your next purchase in the League of Legends Store. You do not have to complete a purchase in order for it to update.

Aww thanks Riot, Merry Christmas to you too. :)

could anyone tell me what jungle runes i have to buy? something that works for most jungler. i have only 3 rune pages.

Yellow
- Flat Armor (all junglers)

Blue
- Scaling Magic Resist (all junglers)
- Flat Magic Resist (sometimes mixed in, by taste)

Red
- Attack Speed (most junglers)
- Flat Attack Damage (few junglers like Lee Sin)
- Armor Pen (mixed in a few, by taste)

Quint
- Movement Speed (better ganking)
- Attack Damage (stronger clears / ganks)
- Flat Armor (for some of the more fragile junglers)

Oh man Zed is so great and fun

Look at my last 4 games. Take into account even after these 4 games my KDA with Zed is: 6.3 / 7.8 / 10.3

pxpIQ.jpg

so the scores were completely awful before, like 2-13-10 kind of garbage. Still too many deaths but what an improvement and he's VERY fun, which is the most important part for me.

The most recent game I played him a support :lol I'm getting way better at landing Qs and doing the W and Qs and so on.

The last game i had 406 AD with 4k+ life... it was unbelievable. Another game yesterday had 450-460 AD and 3k life.

1. boots + 1 pot + ward
2. brutalizer
3. cooldown boots
4. parts for black cleaver
5. vamp scepter
6. bf sword
7. finish blood thirster
8. giants belt
9. phage
10. finish mallet
11. either armor or magic res item depending their team

i'm a low elo scrub but that's how i play

Alright GAF.

I have finally installed LoL and I have played a bunch. I'm level 8. I've won a few normal games with friends. I still die...a lot. My friends set me up with Ashe and from the OP and from what they said I'm an ADC.

Any tips from here on GAF that my friends may have over looked?

zkylon

zkylewd
Alright GAF.

I have finally installed LoL and I have played a bunch. I'm level 8. I've won a few normal games with friends. I still die...a lot. My friends set me up with Ashe and from the OP and from what they said I'm an ADC.

Any tips from here on GAF that my friends may have over looked?
Don't leave base with 200+ gold lying around, just buy a ward (not necessarily early on as an ADC, but later, do so) and place it on chokepoints on the map. Wards'll save your life more than anything else in the game and your whole team will love you for it, even if they don't know it.

Other than that, specifically as an ADC, aim for the damage dealers in the enemy team, but if they're not in range, just shoot what's in front of you. You should never die at the start of a fight, if you're dead you're worthless, so if get jumped on, just back away while shooting at the guy that's chasing you.

Also make sure during laning phase to only kill minions that are low on health. That's known as last hitting, and prevents your minion wave from advancing towards the enemy tower, exposing you to ganks. If you only shoot the minions that are about to die, you get the same gold and it's safe and fine.

Einbroch

Banned
Also, get Tristana for free by following Riot on Facebook. Tristana is the perfect "my first ADC". She can jump away from trouble if you find yourself in a stupid position and your ultimate ability (R) pushes away enemies. Throw in little things like having the longest auto attack range at max level of any champion and you have a winner.

And she's awesome to boot.

Don't leave base with 200+ gold lying around, just buy a ward (not necessarily early on as an ADC, but later, do so) and place it on chokepoints on the map. Wards'll save your life more than anything else in the game and your whole team will love you for it, even if they don't know it.

Other than that, specifically as an ADC, aim for the damage dealers in the enemy team, but if they're not in range, just shoot what's in front of you. You should never die at the start of a fight, if you're dead you're worthless, so if get jumped on, just back away while shooting at the guy that's chasing you.

Also make sure during laning phase to only kill minions that are low on health. That's known as last hitting, and prevents your minion wave from advancing towards the enemy tower, exposing you to ganks. If you only shoot the minions that are about to die, you get the same gold and it's safe and fine.

Yea I need to start using wards I've seen lol.

A lot of what I have to learn is who does what and what abilities everyone has.

So far I've gone:
Speed boots -> Upgrade to the attack speed boots.
Build Infinity Edge -> Phantom ______ (dagger maybe)?

Does that seem reasonable?

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea I need to start using wards I've seen lol.

A lot of what I have to learn is who does what and what abilities everyone has.

So far I've gone:
Speed boots -> Upgrade to the attack speed boots.
Build Infinity Edge -> Phantom ______ (dagger maybe)?

Does that seem reasonable?
Yup, that's an ADC build alright.

You can look for guides at www.solomid.net or www.lolpro.com, and follow those for a while until you find what works for you and start branching out, if you feel like it.

Getting Trist for free is also a good idea. Ashe's kinda hard to use, since she has no escapes besides knowing how to kite.

Two things to say:

1) I love Swain. His nuke combo is so satisfying.

My last game:

2) I want to buy a Gragas skin, but I can't decide between Vandal Gragas and Gragas Esquire. Any suggestions?

Ketch

I'm pretty new to the game, lvl 10, but I took a year break at lvl 8. I came back because I have some friends who are max lvl and play like evry day. I've been playing premades with them and basically getting stomped.

I started maining gragas and playing bot so I didn't have to be alone. Most of my games were pretty bad, going like 0/8/0... but I've been gettking better. I stopped feeding, and even got a few kills. Now I play solo top, and I can pretty much stay in lane for all of the lanning phase.

But, the best part of this story: I played my first solo que as Gragas (I'm lvl 10 remember) and went 17/2/13! Getting destroyed repeatedly by lvl 30s paid off. School of hard knocks.

Feels good.

I bought warwick with my IP, anyone have a good "jungling for newbs" guide?

ElectraStar

I don't think Kog's inside-out dick of a tongue spitting out some mucus is an image I'd want associated in the same thoughts as "pussy master".

But maybe that's just me :D

I totally second that. Also, is there a story behind that?
Because if I didn't know how much of a badass you were I'd want you punch you in your dumb, sexist face. Luv u though.

esquire

stay classy solo q

Yes.

I bought Vayne 4800 IP, it was all my IP. I don't like her. She has to get too close to kill and dies and has no CC unless you hit them to a wall with E. I've played her before I bought a few times but it was years ago. Should have saved it for another champ.

these ones are better:

Draven - not only better but more fun too
Ashe - better
Kog'Maw - better
Varus - better, more fun
Tristana - better
Graves - better, more fun
Corki - better
Sivir - about even

I think only Caitlyn is worse

Status
Not open for further replies.