• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I bought Vayne 4800 IP, it was all my IP. I don't like her. She has to get too close to kill and dies and has no CC unless you hit them to a wall with E. I've played her before I bought a few times but it was years ago. Should have saved it for another champ.

these ones are better:

Draven - not only better but more fun too
Ashe - better
Kog'Maw - better
Varus - better, more fun
Tristana - better
Graves - better, more fun
Corki - better
Sivir - about even

I think only Caitlyn is worse

Caitlyn is probably the best ADC right now. Vayne is one of the best hyper carry ADCs.

Vayne's early game (and laning) does kind of suck.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I want to play

But I can't, because then I feel guilty for doing so

:(

It's the exact opposite for me lol. Winter vacation? Fuck league I got other video games to play. School starts? Fuck, no time for other games just league.

Caitlyn is probably the best ADC right now.

I wouldn't agree with that. She's a good push later, but other similarly built ADs will stomp her in mid-late game. If you can survive her early game without falling too far behind, she's pretty mediocre.

Personally I think Graves is the strongest at the moment. He's not my favourite to play, but he's the strongest. He's a brilliant dueller and he's incredible at bursting the squishier ADs. Draven's come a long way recently too. I've seen a lot of good Dravens recently, and I've always said a good Draven will beat other ADs easily because of the potential of his kit.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wouldn't agree with that. She's a good push later, but other similarly built ADs will stomp her in mid-late game. If you can survive her early game without falling too far behind, she's pretty mediocre.

Personally I think Graves is the strongest at the moment. He's not my favourite to play, but he's the strongest. He's a brilliant dueller and he's incredible at bursting the squishier ADs. Draven's come a long way recently too. I've seen a lot of good Dravens recently, and I've always said a good Draven will beat other ADs easily because of the potential of his kit.

Graves has fallen out of favor in recent tournaments lately. The best AD is still Ezreal because of his mobility. Caitlyn requires a Nunu to be played at her full potential imo. I really want to see Draven be played more since he's such a beast in lane if played properly.

Graves has fallen out of favor in recent tournaments lately. The best AD is still Ezreal because of his mobility. Caitlyn requires a Nunu to be played at her full potential imo. I really want to see Draven be played more since he's such a beast in lane if played properly.

He's fallen out of favour in season 2 tournaments, but something about him in season 3 just seems much stronger. I'd expect to see him feature quite heavily in S3 tourneys.

Agreed on Draven. He's my favourite AD carry by a long, long way. He's the most fun, with Vayne a distant second. I'd LOVE to see a pro player whip out a Draven and just school people, but they're so reluctant to differentiate.

I'm surprised by how much Corki's dropped off. He's still so fun.

scy

Caitlyn's range is what makes her so good. It allows to to be safer than the other ADCs. Her lane dominance makes up for her mid game weakness, especially with games now being decided in the early-to-mid transitional periods rather than super late ones.

Edit: Also, I just noticed what I said. I meant "one of the best" ... because she is. She's retained her status as one of the top 5 ADCs from the end of Season 2 except she's probably in the top 3 category now.

Graves has fallen out of favor a bit since he's not as safe compared to other options. Draven is the best duelist ADC but he tapers off. As far as late game ADCs are concerned, Twitch holds the crown for the best late game ADC.

Ferga

Caitlyn mid game doesnt really exist anymore because of the increased global gold.

IE at around 18minutes with a zeal at around 22-23minutes. Laning should be ending around this time so yeah. You're pretty much a hyper carry already with the range and crits 25minutes in

Caitlyn's range is what makes her so good. It allows to to be safer than the other ADCs. Her lane dominance makes up for her mid game weakness, especially with games now being decided in the early-to-mid transitional periods rather than super late ones.

Edit: Also, I just noticed what I said. I meant "one of the best" ... because she is. She's retained her status as one of the top 5 ADCs from the end of Season 2 except she's probably in the top 3 category now.

Graves has fallen out of favor a bit since he's not as safe compared to other options. Draven is the best duelist ADC but he tapers off. As far as late game ADCs are concerned, Twitch holds the crown for the best late game ADC.

Her lane dominance is practically mute if you have a decent cc jungler or support. She's no use in a down and dirty scuffle. Get a Leona or a good Blitz on your team and it's bye bye Caitlyn. I've beaten many
Caitlyns as Draven or Ez, or even Graves. Unless you're Vayne or something, you can *deal* with her early range no problem if you're anyway decent at playing AD. She's up there sure, but I was responding to you saying she's the best.

A good Sivir could outlane a Cait. It's probably the only thing Sivir's good for at the mo.

Graves is great when you really want to get in someone's face and bully your lane, which is what you should be doing if you're a good AD and you have a good support player with you. E -> Q is still so effective at bursting squishy ADs, and his passive is handy for duelling. Honestly the only weak point of Graves' kit is his ult, which I just don't like at all.

EXGN

Jungly Kha'Zix seems pretty fun so far. League of Cleavers>all.

MaP9X.png

scy

Unless you're Vayne or something, you can *deal* with her early range no problem if you're anyway decent at playing AD.

There's no such thing as a hard counter in the ADC position. You can outplay any single one of them. Caitlyn's ability to zone you from cs is just an extra hurdle that needs to be overcome. It's prone to ganking, sure, but Sightstone and/or proper ward use in general just makes this not as huge of an issue as it could be. This isn't to say Caitlyn is unbeatable in lane just that she has an extra edge over most ADCs.

It's the same logic behind, say, Nidalee vs most bruiser tops. The extra range allows for a lot more harassment and control of the lane.

Graves is great when you really want to get in someone's face and bully your lane, which is what you should be doing if you're a good AD and you have a good support player with you. E -> Q is still so effective at bursting squishy ADs, and his passive is handy for duelling. Honestly the only weak point of Graves' kit is his ult, which I just don't like at all.

Graves' weakpoint is his burst being tied to his QR (Buckshot is also close range which is just dangerous out of lane). His base attack speed is fairly low and his ASPD steroid is also his escape which hurts a bit.

IMO right now...

TOP - Ezreal. Works against almost all team comps except super tanky.

Ridiculous if fed 2-3 kills early - Vayne > Kog'maw > Tristana

GOOD - Caitlyn > Corki > Varus > Graves > Miss Fortune > Twitch

Situationally great - Ashe > Draven > Sivir > Urgot > Jayce

Agreed on Draven. He's my favourite AD carry by a long, long way. He's the most fun, with Vayne a distant second. I'd LOVE to see a pro player whip out a Draven and just school people, but they're so reluctant to differentiate.

The problem with Draven is there are too many supports that can completely screw him over and popular ones like Lulu neuter him in lane. Unless specifically countered, however, he does not lose period.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Um I think I played some people just now.

Scy, I don't think Vi would have done particularly well in either of those lanes. I'm not really sure what she can do in lane honestly except try to be hyper aggressive starting from level 2, like Xin Zhao. But she doesn't really have Xin's slow, or damage, or knockup, so I'm not sure it would work at all. Maybe just start with a bunch of potions and try to sustain to 6.

I like her a lot better in the jungle because it feels impossible to do almost anything without red buff or phage.

scy

Um I think I played some people just now.

Scy, I don't think Vi would have done particularly well in either of those lanes. I'm not really sure what she can do in lane honestly except try to be hyper aggressive starting from level 2, like Xin Zhao. But she doesn't really have Xin's slow, or damage, or knockup, so I'm not sure it would work at all. Maybe just start with a bunch of potions and try to sustain to 6.

I like her a lot better in the jungle because it feels impossible to do almost anything without red buff or phage.

Yeah, I don't really think I was going to do well in either lane just due to the picks (Ryze, Syndra). My Vi needs practice in general (dem missed Qs) but some of this will be to figure out build paths. I'm basically just going to rush Phage or Warden's Mail every game though. Just need that slow so desperately that anything else makes little sense. My normal start with her is a bunch of potions though (Flask, 5 Pots, Ward). Just try to sustain her way to jungler gank or Level 6.

As for her laning, I don't think she's best suited for early aggression (pre-3, anyway). The problem is that any aggression will tend to push the lane up and a smart top will hold it near turret for essentially forever. If you play her aggressively, she needs to do it with the lane pushing against you which feels awkward to do.

I'm starting to think she might be best suited for the jungle but I'll reserve judgement until I get a build order that I really feel comfortable with.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I start the game, press P to shop, and my display driver crashes and recovers. Nothing bad happens (it just freezes for a few seconds) but it's never happened until recently.

I have an AMD 7850 and the latest non-beta drivers too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Has anyone else encountered this?

I start the game, press P to shop, and my display driver crashes and recovers. Nothing bad happens (it just freezes for a few seconds) but it's never happened until recently.

I have an AMD 7850 and the latest non-beta drivers too.

i also have a 7850 and the latest drivers, i havent experienced this problem.

Ferga

Oddone having a meet and greet in sydney.. Hmmm....

I like the sound of freebies but is it worth going for that

I just experienced the best lux support ever

6DAWFh.jpg

Just such perfect snares, slows, ults. Holy crap.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
there is no greater feeling than waiting for your opponent at his red for a lvl 2 steal.

poor skarner, gave up first blood, his red xp and his blue buff.

Ferga

Damnnnnnnnn, they are adding auto attack range indicators next patch. All that time spent on learning the max attack range for all my adc mains to abuse max range harrass is now going to be less valuable.

I always wanted this to be a skill cap thing :(
God damnit. Hope it doesn't come to the live client...

I feel like knowing the range of your champion auto attack is like knowing how to aim skill shots. It takes practice and patience. But now.......

: /

Boken

Banned
Damnnnnnnnn, they are adding auto attack range indicators next patch. All that time spent on learning the max attack range for all my adc mains to abuse max range harrass is now going to be less valuable.

I feel like knowing the range of your champion auto attack is like knowing how to aim skill shots. It takes practice and patience. But now.......

youre overreacting, you cant have the range indicators up and be able to right click, so you still have to memorise it.

I just tried jungle Shen. I am honestly shocked. Initial clear speed isn't bad at all and the sustain surprised me. I tried maxing Q first but I think allocating 2 points on W early on is better. I went for a Wriggle just to speed the jungling up a bit since the lanes were very irritating to gank.

scy

Only shows up when you're hovering over your AD. Not a big deal, really. Chances are likely that seeing the range that way won't help people know when someone is in range in lane without practice anyway.

EXGN

I just tried jungle Shen. I am honestly shocked. Initial clear speed isn't bad at all and the sustain surprised me. I tried maxing Q first but I think allocating 2 points on W early on is better. I went for a Wriggle just to speed the jungling up a bit since the lanes were very irritating to gank.

Haven't tried him in the new jungle yet, but I hate how weak jungle Shen feels. His biggest strength is his ability to split push, forcing the enemy team to send someone back to deal with him, but in the jungle it feels like he can get out dueled by anyone because he doesn't have as many items as top lane Shen would.

In short, this happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipoqMRhD8sI

Q8D3vil

Haven't tried him in the new jungle yet, but I hate how weak jungle Shen feels. His biggest strength is his ability to split push, forcing the enemy team to send someone back to deal with him, but in the jungle it feels like he can get out dueled by anyone because he doesn't have as many items as top lane Shen would.

In short, this happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipoqMRhD8sI
his ganks are extremely strong which make up for his weak 1v1 early.

Why did I pick Maokai against Shaco oh god.

Teammates failed to respond too. I was headed toward red and saw Shaco going to red but I wasn't seen. I hid behind the bush and waited. I could have easily won that, but enemy Jayce and Ryze responded very quickly, Ryze flash rooted ignited me while our top and mid just derped on the lanes. When our lanes responded, those 3 enemies just dived our mid for another kill.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The music was just out there.

I'm used to Riot's art, doesn't really bug me. That little skirt thing on her right side is kinda dumb though.

Jungle Vi so stronk.

TrmMQ.jpg

Her ganks are INSANE. Got my Orianna mid fed too, against a Kat. I was proud of myself.

Initiating with Q from a bush or behind a wall (Q -> ult after 6, if needed) and just pounding on them is so satisfying and so powerful. Smacking them with Es just makes it too easy.

I absolutely love her. Well done Riot <3

Blizzard

Banned
Jungle Vi so stronk.

Her ganks are INSANE. Got my Orianna mid fed too, against a Kat. I was proud of myself.

Initiating with Q from a bush or behind a wall (Q -> ult after 6, if needed) and just pounding on them is so satisfying and so powerful. Smacking them with Es just makes it too easy.

I absolutely love her. Well done Riot <3
If her ganks are insane and her attacks are so powerful, does that mean she's too powerful compared to the other champions that weren't so powerful or insane? :p

The music was just out there.
It's your decision of course, but the music alone seems a bit of an odd reason to uninstall. I didn't really like that particular music, but it's literally a single click on the menu screen to disable the music forever.

If her ganks are insane and her attacks are so powerful, does that mean she's too powerful compared to the other champions that weren't so powerful or insane? :p

I dunno. She's really strong, but she doesn't feel OP like Rengar did or anything. She's like Xin; very strong, on the cusp of being OP but maybe not far enough over the line. I'd expect Riot to nerf her anyway.

She just seems way more suited to the jungle than top lane, to be honest. I haven't seen anyone properly work out how to play her effectively top yet. She's quite bursty, so her ganks are brill. Denting Blows makes her clear time in the jungle super quick, so they might nerf that. Although she doesn't have any sustain really, so she kind of needs a quick clear speed.

scy

She just seems way more suited to the jungle than top lane, to be honest. I haven't seen anyone properly work out how to play her effectively top yet.

Her top lane match ups are her problem for the lane, honestly. A lot of popular ones (Riven, Irelia, Jax, etc.) just do really well against her. She has a really good Level 3 but not converting that to a kill or forcing them to back off of it means that the lane is most likely going to push up and she'll get zoned from cs for awhile. That's her (other) big problem in top lane, really: She pushes the lane too hard when trying to harass.

She's quite bursty, so her ganks are brill. Denting Blows makes her clear time in the jungle super quick, so they might nerf that. Although she doesn't have any sustain really, so she kind of needs a quick clear speed.

Her shield is a fair amount of damage prevention. That + Wriggles kind of makes her jungle clear relatively painless. Especially since you should build a good amount of Health on her.

Scy22: anything but support. can anyone play support?

scy's distant relative

There are at least 45 others of me!
I hope this one doesn't feed.

Ken

Nero KraaZe: possible?
xxmattxx: can i top nidalle ok
Scy22: i'll be last hitting if i go bot
Corgi the Chloe: why last hit
Scy22: or fighting for it
Corgi the Chloe: supporting is like
Corgi the Chloe: you sit in a bush
Scy22: so do it
Corgi the Chloe: why make it harder on yourself
Corgi the Chloe: and last hit too
Corgi the Chloe: it's like
Corgi the Chloe: ordering pizza
Corgi the Chloe: and
Corgi the Chloe: picking it up yourself
Nero KraaZe: can u do a nid support?
Scy22: hah
Scy22: let me try to explain this to you so you understand
xxmattxx: nidalee top team
Nero KraaZe: nottalking to u
Scy22: i. am. not. supporting
Nero KraaZe: wasnt taling to u
Scy22: very well
xxmattxx: jungle

Her shield is a fair amount of damage prevention. That + Wriggles kind of makes her jungle clear relatively painless. Especially since you should build a good amount of Health on her

The shield's okay, but it's not amazing.

I don't really like building Wriggle's any more. I find Spirit Stone to be a better choice for a lot of my junglers, Vi in particular because she's really heavy on her mana. Plus Wriggle's is a dead end. I like Spirit Stone's upgrade path.

scy

The shield's okay, but it's not amazing.

10% of her Max Health per camp (approximately, the low level cooldown won't activate in time for every camp). That's potentially more damage prevented than ~10% Life Steal would've sustained per camp. The shield, when jungling, makes up for a lack of sustain fairly well. You can eventually get to the point in your mid-game clears where you take no damage from a Jungle clear.

Edit: Basically, you don't need to think of "sustain" as just ways to recover health. Don't discount what damage prevention can do for your health.

On that note, it's rather hard to harass with Vi in lane without wasting the Shield. Using E to harass means you'll generally have the shield on cooldown which makes for a pretty obvious free harass window. Thankfully, most people don't know this yet.

I don't really like building Wriggle's any more. I find Spirit Stone to be a better choice for a lot of my junglers, Vi in particular because she's really heavy on her mana. Plus Wriggle's is a dead end. I like Spirit Stone's upgrade path.

Plus the HP5 is probably more jungle sustain than the Life Steal anyway; I was just saying if you need an offensive sustain option, there is Wriggles still. I do agree on the Spirit Stone items generally, though.

Clone #22 must be destroyed.

Just wipe them all ou--wait...shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom