• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm 6-1 and got pretty good teams on all matches.

Is Ranked broken or something?

Or maybe Corgi's created a black void of dark energy that sucked in all the feeders, trolls and whiners into his own personall hell...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm 6-1 and got pretty good teams on all matches.

Is Ranked broken or something?

Or maybe Corgi's created a black void of dark energy that sucked in all the feeders, trolls and whiners into his own personall hell...

Way to jinx it man. You could've reached 2k ELO if you didn't say anything. Now you will lose 500 ELO in the coming weeks and be trapped with Corgi.

Snowman

Vi's winrate is pretty low, but she doesn't seem that bad to me. Is that normal for newly released champs or should we expect buffs at some point?

Blizzard

Banned
Vi's winrate is pretty low, but she doesn't seem that bad to me. Is that normal for newly released champs or should we expect buffs at some point?
People are expecting nerfs. Zed had one of the three lowest win rates in the game, I think, and he hasn't been nerfed yet, but he's pretty decent mid lane.

I'd say give it 4 weeks for people to figure out a semi-optimal role for Vi (e.g. maybe she will almost exclusively become a jungler instead of a top lane champion).

Someone may also suggest that the win rates on lolking or other stat sites are inaccurate (though I'm not sure I've ever found them to be inaccurate for my own stats)...but unfortunately I don't know of any feedback from Riot or otherwise about in what particular aspects they're inaccurate -- whether they're skipping games or what.

zkylon

zkylewd
iBpAfQbYenmZu.png

OMG we were trying to get them off Baron at minute 15 and we just survived as we could with no inhibs for like 40 minutes until I decided to go on a quest to become full tank and eat Ezreal.

And that Soraka wouldn't stop saying "Soraka carry" and said we were trash and whatever. It feels so good....

Tears in my eyes

Ken

KevDoll: i like our fp
KevDoll: Fp deserves honor
zZAngelZz: ill afk if some1 pick soraka
zZAngelZz: for real
KevDoll: ..
KevDoll: Stfu dude
zZAngelZz: u got wat u ask for
zZAngelZz: see u in 30 mins
zZAngelZz: going to piss

rly

oh wow they really did just leave the game as soon as it started. should have dodged but i had no interest in eating a 30 minute penalty so i just practiced shaco jungle

10% of her Max Health per camp (approximately, the low level cooldown won't activate in time for every camp). That's potentially more damage prevented than ~10% Life Steal would've sustained per camp. The shield, when jungling, makes up for a lack of sustain fairly well. You can eventually get to the point in your mid-game clears where you take no damage from a Jungle clear.

Edit: Basically, you don't need to think of "sustain" as just ways to recover health. Don't discount what damage prevention can do for your health.

Sorry, should have maybe clarified a bit more. I take denting blows level 1, which doesn't activate the shield as far as I could tell, so really I only have the shield for half of my first clear, so the shield's not that great for jungling. After your first clear (and thus first gank) you shouldn't need to worry about getting low with her in the jungle, because you've probably built spirit stone and at least level 1 boots if your gank was successful. She has no real sustain early on in the jungle. I would never take Q or E first.

Ken

2nd time i've seen adc ahri win a lane against a real adc

also got sej ult'd and leona ult'd mid dunk. was funny to see darius mid air for like 3 seconds.

Support Zyra troll pick OP.

tvljT.jpg

Our Noc insta-locked after I called jungle. Picked support Zyra and continued my streak of not losing as support Zyra.

She's so OP as a support.

Her lane dominance is practically mute if you have a decent cc jungler or support. She's no use in a down and dirty scuffle. Get a Leona or a good Blitz on your team and it's bye bye Caitlyn. I've beaten many
Caitlyns as Draven or Ez, or even Graves. Unless you're Vayne or something, you can *deal* with her early range no problem if you're anyway decent at playing AD. She's up there sure, but I was responding to you saying she's the best.

A good Sivir could outlane a Cait. It's probably the only thing Sivir's good for at the mo.

ah yes, Sivir is amazing agains Caitlyn. Sivir forces Cait to just farm without using her traps unless she wants to give Sivir free mana pots. And the ability to negate her ult with the spell shield makes Sivir the hardest hard counter I can think of between ADCs. And that's far from the only thing Sivir is good at. She's an amazing adc, I just feel that people find her very boring to play as and look at. After the inevitable model remake Sivir will likely start being picked more again.

scy

We should just manually add number after 'scy' to see if any of them want to play

Is it really worth the risk?! Think of the possibilities that it's someone worse than me! I'm already a pain to deal with.

I knew scy had to be some Frankenstein style monster craziness.

No one is that good at math.

BEEP BOOP

Sorry, should have maybe clarified a bit more. I take denting blows level 1, which doesn't activate the shield as far as I could tell, so really I only have the shield for half of my first clear, so the shield's not that great for jungling. After your first clear (and thus first gank) you shouldn't need to worry about getting low with her in the jungle, because you've probably built spirit stone and at least level 1 boots if your gank was successful. She has no real sustain early on in the jungle. I would never take Q or E first.

With a good "leash" given, the lack of the Level 1 Shield doesn't really matter. I suppose if you don't have one then the first clear is stuck with a low shield (~2 hits from the big Wraith/Golem/etc.) on a high cooldown. Still, it puts her around average for first clear sustains.

ah yes, Sivir is amazing agains Caitlyn. Sivir forces Cait to just farm without using her traps unless she wants to give Sivir free mana pots. And the ability to negate her ult with the spell shield makes Sivir the hardest hard counter I can think of between ADCs. And that's far from the only thing Sivir is good at. She's an amazing adc, I just feel that people find her very boring to play as and look at. After the inevitable model remake Sivir will likely start being picked more again.

Sivir can be bullied just by auto attacks with Caitlyn honestly; not much reason to try and feed her mana. Sivir will be hard to kill in lane (since she'll just shield the ult finisher) but she's prone to being bullied. The both of them can push the lane fairly well so it kind of balances out.

I just don't think of the spell shield itself as good enough to counter Caitlyn (or anyone) in lane. It just means you need to double up on spells landing to pop it for the ult. I never quite understood why people think of Sivir as good vs Caitlyn just because of the spell shield. It's almost an irrelevent factor since it's a reactive skill.

That said, I like Sivir but I don't like her model :|

You should still come out of first clear with a potion left over. I find you need 2 potions early for wolves/blue but once you hit level 2 and have both w and e her clear is pretty save with little health loss.

I don't know why so many people are convinced that Sivir is a hard counter to Caitlyn.

Yes, she can spellshield every single one of her abilities and makes her traps into free mana. But Sivir's attack range is way less than Caitlyn's and her shield has an extremely long cooldown. The only thing Sivir can do offensively against Caitlyn is hope she catches her with a Q while she's casting/AAing or land a good richochet off creeps or her support.

Meanwhile, she gets poked every two seconds for free. Unlike other short range ADCs like Graves and Vayne that can tumble or dash up to her and score a few hits, Sivir has no solid way to get close.

I love playing against Sivir as Cait. I just poke poke poke, sidestep Q, poke some more, and she's chugging pots like crazy. If you do lay traps, wait for her to shield and walk over one, then AA and cast Q right as she hits it for free damage.

That being said, I do think Sivir is a great ADC, but she is very situational. She needs a team that can siege well and benefits from her ult. She works very well with AOE comps and heavy CC teams as once you get a few items your Q does nuts damage if it hits both ways.

Locking up 3-4 opponents with Galio/Mumu/whatever and getting a full Q in is devastating, even more than a full Graves combo if you get a ricochet off in there as well.

Snowman

People are expecting nerfs. Zed had one of the three lowest win rates in the game, I think, and he hasn't been nerfed yet, but he's pretty decent mid lane.

I'd say give it 4 weeks for people to figure out a semi-optimal role for Vi (e.g. maybe she will almost exclusively become a jungler instead of a top lane champion).

Apparently Zed benefited a lot from the black cleaver changes as well though. I realise it's probably too early to tell, I just kind of want to know whether she is likely to get nerfs or not, as I'm playing her a lot atm, and want to know whether it's me or the champion when I do well with her.

Bot reaction times are godly.

I'm playing jungle Fiddlesticks. We have their inhibitor turret down and I see three bots around the inhib. Standing outside their base, I ult in.

The instant I teleport I'm locked down and killed by the three bots. No time to even use Zhonya's.

In fact, I died so fast that my team went in right after and killed the three bots, and I didn't get a single assist.

Meanwhile, she gets poked every two seconds for free. Unlike other short range ADCs like Graves and Vayne that can tumble or dash up to her and score a few hits, Sivir has no solid way to get close.
Yea that's one of the bad things about Sivir. She has no CC attacks or gap closers aside from her passive which is dependent on you getting an attack. If I was going sivir against Cait I would likely try getting paired up with a sona/nunu as my support for their slow and speed boost abilities to make up for it.

I love playing against Sivir as Cait. I just poke poke poke, sidestep Q, poke some more, and she's chugging pots like crazy. If you do lay traps, wait for her to shield and walk over one, then AA and cast Q right as she hits it for free damage.
Part of the mind game when VSing sivir with any champ is trying to bait out her spell shield so you could do something more better after. Any good sivir player should know that. You don't run for a trap or eat an ability if you are going to be in an unsafe position where you can't make a trade back or if they have a more dangerous ability that you expect them to use within the next few seconds. If I see a Nautilus rushing through the river I'll eat a Cait Ult to avoid his Ult which would put me in a worse position where he can slow+stun me afterwards while Cait gets plenty autos.

That being said, I do think Sivir is a great ADC, but she is very situational. She needs a team that can siege well and benefits from her ult. She works very well with AOE comps and heavy CC teams as once you get a few items your Q does nuts damage if it hits both ways.
Agreed, there are some champs that she has amazing synergy with and CC obviously is a boon for her Q. She's definitely not a champ like Ashe/Ezreal/Draven who go well with a variety of team comps.

zkylon

zkylewd
Support Zyra troll pick OP.

tvljT.jpg

Our Noc insta-locked after I called jungle. Picked support Zyra and continued my streak of not losing as support Zyra.

She's so OP as a support.
I really want Zyra to be on free week again. Seems like I'd love her style, specially as support.

Anyone up for a quick bots game just so I can get my boyfriend the icon? Shouldn't take long. ty
Message me: red13th
Which icon?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
*Checked list of Summoner Icon*
Still no Xmas Baron icon.

That's good, it is not like I want that ugly icon next to my name anyway! It is too freaking mainstream for my taste!

It was not like I type all the "mia", "gg", "gl hf", "I love you", "have my baby" in game instead of mumble for the stupid icon anyway. I did it because I meant it!

IT IS THE FEELING THAT COUNT! I DON"T NEED A DAMN ICON TO CONFIRM THAT I AM NICE!!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

That's good, it is not like I want that ugly icon next to my name anyway! It is too freaking mainstream for my taste!

It was not like I type all the "mia", "gg", "gl hf", "I love you", "have my baby" in game instead of mumble for the stupid icon anyway. I did it because I meant it!

IT IS THE FEELING THAT COUNT! I DON"T NEED A DAMN ICON TO CONFIRM THAT I AM NICE!!

Reported.

Edit: God damnit I hate XCOM sometimes, fucking 90% shots missing and enemies getting lucky ass crits aaaaagh.

Volimar

Yeah, I need the icon. WHERE ARE YOU DAMMIT!?!?!

scy

Next wave is the 26th. Until then, only those in the first wave will have one. No use worrying about not having it until after the 26th :x

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

so toxic

ElectraStar

I just played two games in a row where two enemies (first a Miss Fortune, then a Fizz) pentakilled.

I'm pretty close to pentakilling IRL.
IMJUSTSAYIN'

Blizzard

Banned
I just played two games in a row where two enemies (first a Miss Fortune, then a Fizz) pentakilled.

I'm pretty close to pentakilling IRL.
IMJUSTSAYIN'
How does a Fizz pentakill? Hit an entire group with his ult and then kill with the splash?

Also, anger is a weapon, only to your enemy! *WISDOM'D*

Ken

BannedForDos: Bark may i take mid?
BannedForDos: Would be very glad if you allowed me to.
The Great Bark: dudeeee i want it :(
The Great Bark: hmmm.
The Great Bark: who do you play?
BannedForDos: Ahri pref.
The Great Bark: nice, my main as well.
BannedForDos: :p
BannedForDos: Shes balanced all in all.,
The Great Bark: alright, you were really nice about it.
The Great Bark: i'll support.
BannedForDos: Yay :D
The Great Bark: :D
CaptainAMorgan: so kewl
BannedForDos: Nice 1: Dick 0
CaptainAMorgan: normal nice people
CaptainAMorgan: holy shit
CaptainAMorgan: is this real
CaptainAMorgan: screened for evidence
The Great Bark: it's christmas time man.
BannedForDos: In LoL?

???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom