• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to do anything in this game when your team calls eachother "noobs" the entire time.

And asking the other team to report you for being a "noob".

Just want to practice my Skarner. :(

ElectraStar

BannedForDos: Bark may i take mid?
BannedForDos: Would be very glad if you allowed me to.
The Great Bark: dudeeee i want it :(
The Great Bark: hmmm.
The Great Bark: who do you play?
BannedForDos: Ahri pref.
The Great Bark: nice, my main as well.
BannedForDos: :p
BannedForDos: Shes balanced all in all.,
The Great Bark: alright, you were really nice about it.
The Great Bark: i'll support.
BannedForDos: Yay :D
The Great Bark: :D
CaptainAMorgan: so kewl
BannedForDos: Nice 1: Dick 0
CaptainAMorgan: normal nice people
CaptainAMorgan: holy shit
CaptainAMorgan: is this real
CaptainAMorgan: screened for evidence
The Great Bark: it's christmas time man.
BannedForDos: In LoL?

???????????

You shoulda been like FUCK THIS I'M FEEDING

kiunch pls

Though I am in the least bit surprised, that shiet never gets old, lol

Ferga

League of Misinformation

AD twisted fate with an early wits end is soooo good.

Wits end, berserker greaves, phantom dancer.

Tf is so good with his passive attack speed AND BONUS MAGIC DAMAGE ON HIS E. omg and he has free teleport and stun, mana and slow. Omg omg omg.never die as carry so good. You don't even need ad, you just need attack speed because his passive magic damage on his auto attack is op

I carried my 1600elo scrubs with nothing but wits end and home guard boots.

Everyone pls.

Ferga

argh, just when the creepy smile meme is gone, you started a creepy sound/initiation meme.

Just because you asked so nicely:

hlG8Ih.jpg

scy

100/200 aren't that unrealistic honestly (well, 100 at 10 might be; it's out of ~110cs if I recall). But 80/160-170 is probably a "good enough" benchmark.

A lot of it depends on the lane, too. I'd expect closer to 100/200 (250-ish if you're farming wraiths too) for mid lane since it's the easiest lane to farm, for instance.

Edit: And, of course, "more than your lane opponent" always works. I just hate that as a benchmark typically.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gonna start timing my CS then. I feel there's two problems with my CSing:
1) I don't outfarm often, because I barely do wraiths anymore and I like to roam, often in my own detriment (but not the team's).
2) After laning phase is over I stop farming, and I just kill stuff

Gotta find the way around it. If I'm 50 CS by the 10 mark but have like 3 roaming kills then I'm still good on money, but I seriously doubt it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
17 waves spawn from 1:30 to 10:00, of which 5 will have a siege minion. That's a total of 107 minions.

100 cs at 10 minutes is pretty unreasonable with no jungling at all. Either you're up to your ass with sustain or their entire team is AFK and there's no pressure on you whatsoever. I would say aim for 85-95, which is about 80-90% success rate.

Haly

Getting pushed to the turret also endangers your CS because it hits so hard.

scy

1) I don't outfarm often, because I barely do wraiths anymore and I like to roam, often in my own detriment (but not the team's).

This shouldn't ever be the case. If you're behind, it's to the team's detriment! :x Someone should be taking advantage of a lost lane somehow.

2) After laning phase is over I stop farming, and I just kill stuff

This happens a lot. And sometimes it's not necessarily your fault. People haphazardly push waves so you get this scenario where one lane is pushing against you (eventually), one lane constantly cleared, and one lane pushing away (eventually). And then nothing happens until the lanes get reset (that four people run to clear) and rinse, repeat.

Gotta find the way around it. If I'm 50 CS by the 10 mark but have like 3 roaming kills then I'm still good on money, but I seriously doubt it.

3 kills by 10 minutes is pretty good, though I'd have to question the team that's allowing mid to free roam for 3 kills by 10 minutes while also only giving up ~1.5 waves per kill (while also never backing).

Getting pushed to the turret also endangers your CS because it hits so hard.

Melee Minion - 2 Turret Shots, 1 Auto
Caster Minion - 1 Auto, 1 Turret Shot, 1 Auto [Edit: After enough AD, it's just Turret Shot + Auto, though you probably don't need help csing at that point as a top laner/ADC]

Generally, anyway. Or you play mid lane and :lol waveclear

zkylon

zkylewd
This shouldn't ever be the case. If you're behind, it's to the team's detriment! :x Someone should be taking advantage of a lost lane somehow.
Well I like to go help the lane's that's losing, so I'll trade my CS and some tower damage for helping another lane even the odds. I usually get an assist, but sometimes they just see me coming and lay off for a while. It's not much, but I know I appreciate when I get some free breathing room.

This happens a lot. And sometimes it's not necessarily your fault. People haphazardly push waves so you get this scenario where one lane is pushing against you (eventually), one lane constantly cleared, and one lane pushing away (eventually). And then nothing happens until the lanes get reset (that four people run to clear) and rinse, repeat.
Yup, tho there's a mentality thing in that I stop caring about it and I wanna change that.

3 kills by 10 minutes is pretty good, though I'd have to question the team that's allowing mid to free roam for 3 kills by 10 minutes while also only giving up ~1.5 waves per kill (while also never backing).
Well 3 kills was just throwing numbers in the air. What I mean is that I got to check if roaming is worth missing the CS.

Rito, why the f am I so poor, where's the jungle gold you promised me? ;_;
Dqe7N.jpg

Such a frustrating game. I did at least 5 ganks where we aaaaaaaalmost killed someone... just one more hit!!

Haly

Melee Minion - 2 Turret Shots, 1 Auto
Caster Minion - 1 Auto, 1 Turret Shot, 1 Auto [Edit: After enough AD, it's just Turret Shot + Auto, though you probably don't need help csing at that point as a top laner/ADC]

Generally, anyway. Or you play mid lane and :lol waveclear
That assumes they're all at full health!

scy

That assumes they're all at full health!

Well ... why wouldn't they be if you're getting pushed up to turret? :x If you're just randomly throwing damage at them then that's your own fault! Or you're trying to mass waveclear it when you probably shouldn't be (unless you're THAT at risk at getting dived, I guess?).

Haly

Well ... why wouldn't they be if you're getting pushed up to turret? :x If you're just randomly throwing damage at them then that's your own fault! Or you're trying to mass waveclear it when you probably shouldn't be (unless you're THAT at risk at getting dived, I guess?).
Because they'll encounter your creepwaves! I'm not talking about an actual tower-killing push, just when the imbalance of damage from both sides eventually pushes to your tower.

scy

Because they'll encounter your creepwaves!

For caster minions, you have an entire auto attack worth of health you have room to play with. For melee minions, it's a bit less of a leeway but the tower attacks fast enough that it's generally not a big issue. Though, yeah, I guess I did forget about minions :x

I'm not talking about an actual tower-killing push, just when the imbalance of damage from both sides eventually pushes to your tower.

My minions focus fire every single time I give a smiteless and cost me 1-2cs :( Worst laning phase feel ever.

I actually like farming under turret unless I'm at risk of getting dived. Or I welcome the dive anyway and get a 2v1 double and walk away alive!

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow I just learned that Lux's second snare does half damage and half CC.

Feels kinda dumb to have like 200 matches with her and not know that lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Supporting randoms is so dumb :< They just suckkkkkkkkkkk
I can never decide what I hate most, supporting randoms or getting supported by a random. They can be equally aggravating, but at least if you carry you can sometimes do shit on your own and if you just farm farm farm you may be able to dig yourself out of the hole your support put you in.

On the other hand, I just get a "professional" frustration when I see a Blitcrank giving away the side brush and just sits behind the ADC...

I dunno, sucky people suck.

scy

So far I haven't seen Nami being as powerful as I assumed she'd turn to be. She's good but eh...

Land a Q, win lane. Her sustain is good too and she has great harass. Her ult is iffy in use in lane as an engagement tool but it's a great way to counter-engage.

Honestly, Nami's one of the best supports right now. Good sustain, good harass, and good kill potential. Also, great bait.

zkylon

zkylewd
Land a Q, win lane. Her sustain is good too and she has great harass. Her ult is iffy in use in lane as an engagement tool but it's a great way to counter-engage.

Honestly, Nami's one of the best supports right now. Good sustain, good harass, and good kill potential. Also, great bait.
Maybe it's an elo thing, but I find her Q to be really easy to dodge and once she's missed that we can go all out on them.

I also agree her ult is more of a disengage tool than the other way around.

So personally, I liked her when I played her but I can't justify the 6300 IP just yet. I'd rather buy Taric when he gets a makeover.

scy

Maybe it's an elo thing, but I find her Q to be really easy to dodge and once she's missed that we can go all out on them.

vs Gold/Platinum bot lanes, I don't think bind's had much issue landing her Q and he plays a fair amount of her. I think it's fairly easy to land as well from the few times I've played her. Of course, if you're not leading them for it and just trying to cast where they're standing then you'll end up missing it more often than not. Also, it can still be dodged if they're just on the ball with their reaction time since it flies kind of slowly so there's that consideration as well.

That said, you're only really looking at needing it to land occasionally. Just the threat of it is enough to serve as a zoning tool (and/or free harass) as well if the ADC takes the opportunity to do something with it. Forcing the opponent to juke it means you should have the chance to land a free auto in, for instance.

My experience vs Nami as an ADC is pretty limited though; if I'm playing Zyra bot, I tend to just out zone her. Grass beats water etc. etc. Pokemon was right!

Zed undercover OP champ. Awaiting the day where people learn how to actually use him and riot inevitably nerfs him. But for now with that -ve win ratio I don't see that happening. So much burst

So far I haven't seen Nami being as powerful as I assumed she'd turn to be. She's good but eh...

I agree to an extent. She provides amazing sustain for lane and utility in team fights with all her speed boosts if you plan it right her Ult can force enemies to run towards a location you want them to unless they want to get knocked up. But like you said she's not that powerful. I don't see her as a mid champ at all. I find her meh against most AP mids. Her ratio on her Q is really good but most good players can dodge that skillshot fairly easily if they have good timing. Ebb and flow is meh as a AP mid skill. Thus making her Q useless as a mid skill because she won't be bursting down anyone anyways.

I have a better time playing her as a support, but I find that she's definitely a support you only want to play when you are in pre-mades. Using her ebb and flow as a healing spell only is kind of waste of it's intended utility and most people I run into on blinds/draft don't get close enough to an enemy for it to bounce. And all of her speed utility makes her much more useful in a season that has seen Shurelyias fall out of favor due to its cost-benefit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Been thinking of trading Athene's for Morello's on Lux. A bit of MR and a bunch ManaPer5 traded for a bit of extra AP and CDR and an useless passive.

I dunno.

I agree to an extent. She provides amazing sustain for lane and utility in team fights with all her speed boosts if you plan it right her Ult can force enemies to run towards a location you want them to unless they want to get knocked up. But like you said she's not that powerful. I don't see her as a mid champ at all. I find her meh against most AP mids. Her ratio on her Q is really good but most good players can dodge that skillshot fairly easily if they have good timing. Ebb and flow is meh as a AP mid skill. Thus making her Q useless as a mid skill because she won't be bursting down anyone anyways.

I have a better time playing her as a support, but I find that she's definitely a support you only want to play when you are in pre-mades. Using her ebb and flow as a healing spell only is kind of waste of it's intended utility and most people I run into on blinds/draft don't get close enough to an enemy for it to bounce. And all of her speed utility makes her much more useful in a season that has seen Shurelyias fall out of favor due to its cost-benefit.
Yeah at first I thought she could've turned into a ninja AP mid, even if her ratios weren't that good, but nah, support is where she's good at.

vs Gold/Platinum bot lanes, I don't think bind's had much issue landing her Q and he plays a fair amount of her. I think it's fairly easy to land as well from the few times I've played her. Of course, if you're not leading them for it and just trying to cast where they're standing then you'll end up missing it more often than not. Also, it can still be dodged if they're just on the ball with their reaction time since it flies kind of slowly so there's that consideration as well.

That said, you're only really looking at needing it to land occasionally. Just the threat of it is enough to serve as a zoning tool (and/or free harass) as well if the ADC takes the opportunity to do something with it. Forcing the opponent to juke it means you should have the chance to land a free auto in, for instance.

My experience vs Nami as an ADC is pretty limited though; if I'm playing Zyra bot, I tend to just out zone her. Grass beats water etc. etc. Pokemon was right!
Yeah, I didn't have as much trouble landing her bubble as my friends had (probably because I play so many skillshot champs), I just mean laning against her (as in, my 1200 elo enemy supports can't land a Q if their mother's life's in it).

But sure. I'm not saying she's bad, I'm saying I don't see her being worth the IP, specially since I already have tons of supports and I can get Vi for the same price.

scy

Zed undercover OP champ. Awaiting the day where people learn how to actually use him and riot inevitably nerfs him. But for now with that -ve win ratio I don't see that happening. So much burst

Zed's one of the like three best Assassins in the game right now. AD% scaling and +50% Damage on his ult (that is already a 1.0 total AD ability) and with a Max Health% Passive? He's not really all that undercover with much of EU finding him to be pick or ban (as a top laner, at that) and many top/mids in NA learning him too.

I wish his Level 6 wasn't so awkward but he farms really well for an AD and he has an absurdly good late game. Not sure what they'd change on him, honestly. Maybe numbers tweaking, I guess.

I have a better time playing her as a support...

Well, yeah. She's not meant to be an AP Mid. No fast wave clear, high cooldowns, "okay" ratios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom