• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inskipp

First game as Kha'Zix and I end up against Froggen...

nPDvW.png

We still won, but they certainly made us work for it.

Ketch

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a replacement for abyssal scepter (+70ap, aura: -20MR on enemies) on Gragas. I just realized the aura's range on it is only 600 which is tiny and pretty much worthless for Gragas (his Q is 1100 range). So naturally I thought void staff (+70ap, +35% magic pen), but I was also looking at lyandry's torment (+70ap, +200hp, +15magic pen, spell damage burns enemies for 5% of their max hp does double damage to enemies who are slowed).

So my questions are how much MR does the enemy need for void staff's +35% magic pen to equal lyndra's +15 magic pen, I did some rough math on my own and I think it's only like 45 MR... but I don't think I know what I'm doing.

Also, Lyandra's passive is weaker on AOE abilities, but does double damage if the enemy is slowed, and Graga's bodyslam is an AOE slow. So do you think lyandra's would syngerize well with body slam or not?

My final build should look something like this (in order of purchase):
Sorc shoes
Rod of the Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap
DeathFire Grasp
Lich Bane
Lyandra's torment or void staff

scy

Also, Lyandra's passive is weaker on AOE abilities, but does double damage if the enemy is slowed, and Graga's bodyslam is an AOE slow. So do you think lyandra's would syngerize well with body slam or not?

Just to note, Liandry's isn't technically weaker on AoE abilities. It doesn't last as long but deals the same damage per tick. So while it is less damage per Liandry application, you can just refresh it more often. Also, Gragas Bodyslam is not considered area of effect if it hits one target. This applies to all split damage abilities (e.g., Karthus Lay Waste) but not abilities that are area of effect but happen to hit just one target when used (Gragas Barrel or Cask on a single-target).

...that said, the damage from Liandry's isn't that great on burst mages in general. I wouldn't really consider it for Gragas.

As for Abyssal range, Gragas should be in it mroe often than not due to his all-in combo involving him Bodyslamming them (or Casking them to his feet). That said, Void Staff is the better option for dealing with MR above around 40 (43, to be exact) when compared to Guise/Liandry's. You get Abyssal for when you need the MR yourself, really. If you're going all out offense, the Void Staff would do more and should be timed for around when the enemy team gets their Aegis/Bulwark up.

Ketch

Just to note, Liandry's isn't technically weaker on AoE abilities. It doesn't last as long but deals the same damage per tick. So while it is less damage per Liandry application, you can just refresh it more often. Also, Gragas Bodyslam is not considered area of effect if it hits one target. This applies to all split damage abilities (e.g., Karthus Lay Waste) but not abilities that are area of effect but happen to hit just one target when used (Gragas Barrel or Cask on a single-target).

...that said, the damage from Liandry's isn't that great on burst mages in general. I wouldn't really consider it for Gragas.

As for Abyssal range, Gragas should be in it mroe often than not due to his all-in combo involving him Bodyslamming them (or Casking them to his feet). That said, Void Staff is the better option for dealing with MR above around 40 (43, to be exact) when compared to Guise/Liandry's. You get Abyssal for when you need the MR yourself, really. If you're going all out offense, the Void Staff would do more and should be timed for around when the enemy team gets their Aegis/Bulwark up.

thanks for the tips and input. Void staff it is for me for now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I find it hard to pick Void Staff over Abyss. The MR is way too useful to give up.

I should check, though, while 30% mpen is usually less than 20 flat reduction, specially against squishies, if I'm not missing the reduction while playing Lux, since her range's 1000+ (though you probably live in the 500-700 zone, for the auto attacks).

30% of 50, might be less than 20, but it's is more than 0, that's for sure.

scy

I find it hard to pick Void Staff over Abyss. The MR is way too useful to give up.

I should check, though, while 30% mpen is usually less than 20 flat reduction, specially against squishies, if I'm not missing the reduction while playing Lux, since her range's 1000+ (though you probably live in the 500-700 zone, for the auto attacks).

35% means it's better at ~58 MR (~63-64 if we want to factor the 8% from Masteries).

scy

A lot of his kit is strong. He doesn't have that many bad match ups anymore (in top or mid) thanks to being able to Flask/5 Pot/Ward start. His W is just so good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I seriously can't beat a Teemo top.

I can't understand how to beat him.

It's making me miserale.
pick a character that eats the rat for breakfast.

teemo is the only reason i worry about counterpicking top, because winning the game is less important than ruining a teemo's life.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
xin zhao. E to him. after he blinds you Q and W. Darius can also beat him if you're good with pulls.

i finished my low elo jungling comic

linky

I'm stealing your comic and posting it on Reddit. All your karma belongs to me now!

Cathcart

YULJG.jpg

Dat Baron steal.
I seriously hate whatever jackass at Riot thought it would be cool to make the teams blue and fucking purple. There may as well be ten people playing on the same team as far as I can tell.

Nice steal, though.

Edit: Before anyone points out that colorblind mode exists, I know that. It's just really common to see screens or videos without it turned on since that's the default. Kinda frustrating for me.

xin zhao. E to him. after he blinds you Q and W. Darius can also beat him if you're good with pulls.

Teemo will make Darius' life miserable.

Xin is a solid counterpick though.

Cho is a good choice too, specially if you start with flask.

Yorick does well.

I seriously hate whatever jackass at Riot thought it would be cool to make the teams blue and fucking purple. There may as well be ten people playing on the same team as far as I can tell.

Nice steal, though.

Edit: Before anyone points out that colorblind mode exists, I know that. It's just really common to see screens or videos without it turned on since that's the default. Kinda frustrating for me.
Agreed. I'm not colour blind but, really, blue and purple...

zkylon

zkylewd
Should've mentioned the champs I can top with: Akali, Cho'Gath, Kayle, Jax, Malphite, Vladimir.

I gotta say I'm not comfortable with any of them but Malph and Cho, but I've played against Teemo with all of them and I can never beat him.

Best I'll be able to do is not die and initially follow him on CS, until the point it becomes impossible because one poison shot will take 40% of my health.

The Fiddle comic is great btw

Ken

how to play xin zhao

QEWQ R>Q>W>E get E first if against a ranged champion

Boots + 4 pot start or flask. I prefer boots since it allows you to stick to opponents better while harassing, especially if they have some kind of mobility buff like Teemo or disengage. Flask is okay too if you aren't looking for an early kill or enemy has an early game/aggressive jungler.

Laning 1-5: EQW harass. Your cooldowns are much lower than most disengages like Vlad pool or Jax counterstrike so you can harass much more often. Also the final hit of Q is great for backing off to win trades.

Level 6: Tower dive them gg no re

Things to note: When you harass pre-6 you are committing and have no escape from ganks so make sure you are aware of enemy jungler position. Your E is equal to or outranges most ranged auto attacks except for a few (mostly ADCs) so you really won't have a problem against ranged champions like Kennen or Nidalee.

also play the mulan song 24/7

and the commando xin zhao skin

mercviper

how to play xin zhao

QEWQ R>Q>W>E get E first if against a ranged champion

Boots + 4 pot start or flask. I prefer boots since it allows you to stick to opponents better while harassing, especially if they have some kind of mobility buff like Teemo or disengage. Flask is okay too if you aren't looking for an early kill or enemy has an early game/aggressive jungler.

Laning 1-5: EQW harass. Your cooldowns are much lower than most disengages like Vlad pool or Jax counterstrike so you can harass much more often. Also the final hit of Q is great for backing off to win trades.

Level 6: Tower dive them gg no re

Things to note: When you harass pre-6 you are committing and have no escape from ganks so make sure you are aware of enemy jungler position. Your E is equal to or outranges most ranged auto attacks except for a few (mostly ADCs) so you really won't have a problem against ranged champions like Kennen or Nidalee.

also play the mulan song 24/7

and the commando xin zhao skin

Don't forget to hit Q, last hit 1-2 minions, and then E to harass and guarantee the knockup.

I should just always play Sejuani.

What runes do you use? I'm having trouble jungling her for first couple minutes of game. She feels super squishy for some reason to me. By the time I do red I have very little health left compared to most of my other junglers. I'm thinking of removing my AP runes and buying some MP runes?

If you win lane. She does very poorly at coming from behind. A Riven that wins her lane will snowball hard though.

I dunno. Our jungler did a terrible invade level 1, I was way behind in experience going to lane then and I got killed by Jarvan. Was level 2 v level 5 at one stage. One gank and I was back in it and just hammered him then.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What runes do you use? I'm having trouble jungling her for first couple minutes of game. She feels super squishy for some reason to me. By the time I do red I have very little health left compared to most of my other junglers. I'm thinking of removing my AP runes and buying some MP runes?
I ran a bunch of test clears today and I would generally say to not expect much from her first clear. It is going to be hard no matter what. After my tests it seems like attack speed reds and armor yellows are the best option on her. It is less awful with allies helping out. Attack speed is way more valuable than mpen on a first clear, especially since Machete is easily her best item option. All tests starting armor had tougher clears.

I need to check into more stuff with quints and blues. I used to run a mix of AP and CDR blues, but I didn't feel they were valuable enough to warrant running. Right now I just use four flat armor blues and five scaling MR blues for general defensive stats. I do not own health regen quints, but I am wanting to buy them because I feel like they might be the best choice for Sej. I haven't run them at all so I can't say with any certainty that this will be true.

Even with her tough start I think Sejuani will almost always be worth it. Her initiate and team fight are both incredible. My W was at 177 damage per second to frosted targets, and this was at the 25 minute mark, and before you factor in stuff like Liandry's.

It's actually gotten to the stage where the amount of trolls and dickheads on EUW has made my mates switch to East, and I think I might follow suit. It's just impossible to have a good game unless you're with a premade 5.

Whether people insta-lock, lock in as a mid, top or jungle champ after you call it (and even if you're locked in they'll lock in as another role just to troll) or just do anything so they don't have to play support. They troll and flame the whole game if you don't just dodge before it starts (which I hate doing, but fuck if I'm gonna let other people ruin my enjoyment of the game).

I don't want to just play as a premade 5, because we rarely get that. It's just infuriating. It just seems like it's gotten especially bad on EUW recently.

Edit: I know Riot has said before they don;t like the idea, but it's becoming increasingly apparent that a low-priority matchmaking queue à la Dota 2 needs to happen. Let the trolls play with the trolls and stop ruining other people's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom