• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried Elise.

12968-i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpeg

I was maxing W first then realized it was next to impossible to hit champs with it so I went with Q. I eventually went RQWE. At first I didn't know how to commit a fight. I just Spider E'd to the victim then mashed QW. Eventually I remembered that I have 3 other skills off cooldown, so I initiate in human then go insane in spider form.

I assume that E will fail if I click on the enemy but he goes out of range before I start landing? I failed two Es this way.

I went with tanky AP.
Sorc Shoes
Rylai
Abyssal
Iceborn
Maybe Deathcap, RoA, Void, Bulwark, Visage, etc

Her cooldowns are kinda long-ish. Feels like Ionian is a decent substitute.

Einbroch

Banned
Elise is amazing as a jungler. If you're playing her as a mid, try jungling. Her W lets her heal back some damage and dish it out. Her Q is her most devastating ability. What I like to do is gank with her spider E, Q, W, get a few attacks in, switch to human, E to stun, QW combo, and let the team finish them off. I know it's backwards in terms of damage, but throwing out a human E is risky when the leap is a sure thing.

R > Q > W > E. Her ult for obvious reasons. Her W just doesn't scale well until late game in human form.

Yes, tanky AP is the best since you'll be right in people's faces in spider form.

Yeah I'm gonna try jungling her next. Should I tank for my minions or do my minions tank for me?

Our local rotation this week is really nice. Basically every champion released in 2012. I tried Syndra and got bummed they fixed the glitch with her balls attracting monster aggro lol.

scy

I assume that E will fail if I click on the enemy but he goes out of range before I start landing? I failed two Es this way.

You'll chase them to an extra ~600 or so unit range if you click them before they leave but the animation doesn't start until after they left. So if someone Flashes right when you E, you'll chase the Flash.

If you're already lifted and then E to them, it doesn't give that extra delay so you don't have as much leeway (if any at all). You can target slightly beyond the shown radius but not too much farther.

So basically, all that matters is that they were in range at the time you clicked E on them. Just if you E directly to them (instead of E up and then E to them), you'll follow them during the entire animation so it chases a LOT farther this way.

JesseZao

Elise is a beast top, beast jungler, and good mid. Max Q and always try to initiate in human. You cocoon, W, hit Q before spider reaches them, then switch to spider form, Q, and W once your spiderlings are on target. She's a lot of fun to play once you get a feel for the cooldowns.

Indeed, your biggest task in lane is to harass/zone/bully. Normally isn't too hard to get/stay ahead though. She's really strong atm and at least provides some utility if you get behind.

Oh you can get back to even easy enough. Problem is she scales so poorly and does so little in team fights that if you don't make your lane opponent your bitch, she isn't worth the pick.

scy

Oh you can get back to even easy enough. Problem is she scales so poorly and does so little in team fights that if you don't make your lane opponent your bitch, she isn't worth the pick.

Thankfully, winning your lane isn't that hard. And she makes an excellent carry diver.

But ... hard to justify that pick over an assassin right now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I refunded Vi earlier. Probably bought her way too fast. Doesn't really seem worth picking up/learning for top. Also I am now out of refunds. Pssssh. Maybe I should be more careful.

JesseZao

I refunded Vi earlier. Probably bought her way too fast. Doesn't really seem worth picking up/learning for top. Also I am now out of refunds. Pssssh. Maybe I should be more careful.

Did the same thing with khazix, but now im thinking about getting him again. Otherwise I'lljust pick up some niche runes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I seriously can't beat a Teemo top.

I can't understand how to beat him.

It's making me miserale.

I've played Darius against Teemo and have won agaisnt him every time. When he tries to hit you with a blinding shot.I pull him into me while when I have a wave of minions/Under my tower. I'm at around 1550 elo so I'm not sure if they are bad :/

scy

They worded it strangely originally but Ezreal's recent posts make it sound like the next ADC is female. Also, next support is male and something about more Ice Mages.

So basically hooray.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They worded it strangely originally but Ezreal's recent posts make it sound like the next ADC is female. Also, next support is male and something about more Ice Mages.

So basically hooray.

Annie's long lost sister.

Ken

CertainlyT finished by mentioning he plans to correctly the previously discussed problems of Darius toting around magic damage and an attack speed slow on his W, saying:
"I will get rid of them. It takes time to test changes and to assess what needs to be done to compensate for them. They also weren't possible prior to Season 3 when armor was ridiculously undercosted relative to its power.

dariusch needsch a nerfsch

Neki

so fun watching someone play her though, dat bionic arm

dimb

Well yeah if you start charging it in lane right in front of them. That was one of my many mistakes playing day 1 Vi.
Where can you charge it though? If a Vi goes into top brush it seems kind of obvious what she is doing.

Ken

Where can you charge it though? If a Vi goes into top brush it seems kind of obvious what she is doing.

Top brush. I mean, they''re not going to give up CS because of a potential bionic arm out of the bush.

Although TBH I don't do much Q harass with Vi anymore especially early game.

scy

Darius Bleed going to Physical Damage would technically be a buff now for Black Cleaver Darius builds.

Just saying.

@Vi - You charge Q in bush. Or you do it in close proximity where they can't dodge it. It's not exactly hard to land if you try.

Blizzard

Banned
I've played Darius against Teemo and have won agaisnt him every time. When he tries to hit you with a blinding shot.I pull him into me while when I have a wave of minions/Under my tower. I'm at around 1550 elo so I'm not sure if they are bad :/
This was also my experience with trying to use Teemo against Darius. It can probably work if you get ahead early, or if you're really good, or if the Darius is bad, or if you're really good at staying behind minions 100% of the time. If you ever get out of behind the minion wave (let alone if someone manages to gank you) and Darius lands a pull, as far as I know you are basically guaranteed to take the full ability combo and 500-800 (or more) true damage ult, and bleeding, all of which are quite painful as a Teemo, especially considering Darius can build really tanky and still do damage.

I think someone told me something that I didn't realize, however -- none of Darius' abilities slow without autoattacks? So if Teemo manages to time a blind perfectly before/as he gets pulled in, he might be able to speed boost away before Darius can land an autoattack to activate the slow and do the combo.

dimb

I just don't see her being a good fit for top lane. Having to go into top brush to come in to harass at all is pretty laughable, and it's super telegraphed on top of the already obvious buildup. She has no sustain, lots of bad matchups, and auto pushes lanes. She is very all in and it's super easy to bait out lots of her stuff. Close proximity Q is just going to have them outtrade you if you don't get good damage off of it.

Ken

I just don't see her being a good fit for top lane. Having to go into top brush to come in to harass at all is pretty laughable, and it's super telegraphed on top of the already obvious buildup. She has no sustain, lots of bad matchups, and auto pushes lanes. She is very all in and it's super easy to bait out lots of her stuff. Close proximity Q is just going to have them outtrade you if you don't get good damage off of it.

I tend to trade equally or better against most bruisers probably due to the shield and AA reset Es.

I suppose pushing the lane is a problem if you're firing off a lot of Qs and Es so I like to play very passively when laning. I try not to engage without jungler to gank even after 6. A lot of bad matchups I've had have been against people who can cancel or silence my Qs; hopefully after they fix that she'll fare a tad better.

Sustain problems I try to mitigate with flask and again, playing passively. Maybe that's not what you want to hear but I've been having fun and some success with her in the top lane.

Currently 7-5 with her in ranked, although I think 4 losses were from my day 1 Vi. D:

scy

I just don't see her being a good fit for top lane. Having to go into top brush to come in to harass at all is pretty laughable, and it's super telegraphed on top of the already obvious buildup.

Going into the bush also forces them to respect that a Q could come. It's no more telegraphed than most other non-targeted gap closers or bush campers.

She has no sustain

Her shield cooldown pre-7 is pretty atrocious. At 7+, she's fine. If anything, this is my largest complaint for her: Harassing with her pops her Shield which gives a very obvious "free harass" window. She really needs that Shield to last longer.

She is very all in and it's super easy to bait out lots of her stuff. Close proximity Q is just going to have them outtrade you if you don't get good damage off of it.

She should outtrade every single champion in the game in ~2-3 seconds of an engage. Q, Auto, E, Auto, E, Disengage. A close proximity Q will have them outtrade you how, anyway? I'm not talking about being in melee range when you charge it. Just not being at near max range. If they go in on you charging it, you can disengage or just take the fight there.

I do agree that, in general, she needs some tuning for top. But she's a lot better than most people give her credit for.

I suppose pushing the lane is a problem if you're firing off a lot of Qs and Es so I like to play very passively when laning. I try not to engage without jungler to gank even after 6. A lot of bad matchups I've had have been against people who can cancel or silence my Qs; hopefully after they fix that she'll fare a tad better.

Once I've accepted that my first all-in will be at Level 7, I've done a lot better with her. I can push my lane to counter them pushing me but, otherwise, 1-7 will just be getting farm as I can take it. Once she hits 6/7, I can easily Q->Auto->E->Auto->E them and ult to chase a disengage/Flash or just bully the lane from there with the huge advantage.

Edit: Also, I've been leveling E first recently. Any time I can get a free E off in lane (that is, an E that won't hit many minions), I'll take it. A lot more free damage this way. Also, don't forget to E, wait a sec, and then engage. This way you can get three E's off in a fight since the cooldown starts when you activate the first E.

dimb

Going into the bush also forces them to respect that a Q could come. It's no more telegraphed than most other non-targeted gap closers or bush campers.
I think it is much easier to come in on, harass, or trade with other top laners. Just look at the most recent releases. Elise, Kha'Zix, and Rengar are all much less predictable or are able to become somewhat unavoidable. Even older champions like say Renekton or Riven serve a similar purpose but feel much more dangerous at all times in lane. I am sure Vi works top lane, and that she can win games. I personally didn't feel like it was worth learning her, or gaining insight into the small windows that she has where she can come out on top.

scy

Elise, Kha'Zix, and Rengar are all much less predictable or are able to become somewhat unavoidable.

To be fair, her ult does that. Of course, having to use her ult to initiate a harass feels a little ... awwkard.

I personally didn't feel like it was worth learning her, or gaining insight into the small windows that she has where she can come out on top.

But punching things.

Why you hate punching things?

I'm hoping after some tweaks that she'll be a lot better. We'll see, I guess.

Edit: Also, she needs Wards on her recommended items page :(

dimb

But punching things.

Why you hate punching things?
I dunno. : l Top lane is my favorite. I already have like a billion champions I want to play there or want to learn for it. Vi is no Poppy.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd rather Vi be ordinary than everyone complaining she's overpowered or something.

I like practically all of her voice lines, and her design is kind of cool, so I'm happy I got her. :D

J0dy77

I've suddenly gotten hooked on the MOBA scene after years of avoiding the learning curve and getting crushed. Been going back and forth between dota2 and LoL. While I love the the overall theme from dota2 (mature dark fantasy) and the better overall production from valve..LoL has me hooked. I can't stop playing.

The gameplay seems to be easier to get into and I'm getting more attached to the champions in LoL. Xin, Riven, Alistar, Amumu are all a ton of fun.

I'm looking for some recommendations on your favorite characters? I'm going to focus in buying the 1350 IP toons to maximize my value. Thinking Evelynn, Cho'gath, TF and Amumu next. Who else should I focus on? (I have Ashe, Garen, Nunu, Yi, kayle)

Summoner name: ars2x add me to the list please and if anyone wants to help a beginner let me know.

i want a new champ that is pretty strong if properly played and not very popular.

i already play okay-ish with:

ashe
garen
varus
diana
zed
alistar
annie
nidalee
most other ad carries

i want a new champ that is pretty strong if properly played and not very popular.

i already play okay-ish with:

ashe
garen
varus
diana
zed
alistar
annie
nidalee
most other ad carries

Have you tried Singed? He's pretty strong/really annoying to lane against. Dunno why I don't see more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom