• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
So Varus feels pretty bad, I don't know if I should stop autoattacking to pop up his stacks or what.

Also tried Hurricane but I dunno.

So Varus feels pretty bad, I don't know if I should stop autoattacking to pop up his stacks or what.

Also tried Hurricane but I dunno.

If you want 45%(before reductions) of maximum health in damage from his other abilities you will.

If it's a trade in lane, use Q to snipe them to consume your stacks when they disengage.

If it's a man contest, use an ability after getting 3 stacks for that 15% maximum health bonus damage until they die.

In this case he benefits from attack speed because he can build and detonate blight stacks faster.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You should pop stacks whenever possible as long as you don't need your E or R for something serious like holding people down or peeling them off you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Add a couple XxX, 420, and or YOLOSWAGs for a proper league name.

Ken

Which legacy skins are the 'need to buys" in your opinions?

I'm thinking Pharoah Mumu, Professor Ryze, Angler Jax, anad Matador Ali.

Cathcart

Which legacy skins are the 'need to buys" in your opinions?

I'm thinking Pharoah Mumu, Professor Ryze, Angler Jax, anad Matador Ali.
Firefighter Trist is good. Red Baron Corki would be cool if you didn't have to play Corki to use it.

Shamrock Malph is terrible so I bought it ironically.

Ketch

So I've been playing league a LOT lately. Like all day erry day. And it's really fucking good you guys. I'm not sure if you knew.

I auto join the gaf chat room when I'm online and Ive gotten some invites which I'm pretty sure just come when people invite everyone... but I don't know.

See I have like my core group in vent, who are not GAFers, but I play with them... and I don't know how I feel about playing with not them.

My experience playing LoL is unlike any other game. I play pre-mades with my lvl 30 friends so I'm rutinely getting crushed like 0-11, but then I solo que and go like 17-2. It's a fucking crazy awesome feeling that I've never gotten from any other game.

I feel like the hobits at the end of the Lord of the Rings, when they finally get back to the shire and are just straight up bad asses.

This game is dangerously getting close to being added to my short list.

Kenai

So I've been playing league a LOT lately. Like all day erry day. And it's really fucking good you guys. I'm not sure if you knew.

I auto join the gaf chat room when I'm online and Ive gotten some invites which I'm pretty sure just come when people invite everyone... but I don't know.

See I have like my core group in vent, who are not GAFers, but I play with them... and I don't know how I feel about playing with not them.

My experience playing LoL is unlike any other game. I play pre-mades with my lvl 30 friends so I'm rutinely getting crushed like 0-11, but then I solo que and go like 17-2. It's a fucking crazy awesome feeling that I've never gotten from any other game.

I feel like the hobbits at the end of the Lord of the Rings, when they finally get back to the shire and are just straight up bad asses.

This game is dangerously getting close to being added to my short list.

LoL is full of low lows and high highs if that makes any sense. Your ability to resist the "lows" (and they WILL happen) are going to determine your long term enjoyment, unless you always get amazing premades or something. Oddly it sounds like you are experiencing the opposite haha.

But yes, LoL is a lot of fun, especially since you don't have to pay a cent
I've spent way too much money on skins >.<

zkylon

zkylewd
So Graves has rose to become my favorite ADC, dethroning Corki in the process. EQR is just too much fun and I dunno, he just feels better.

I'm trying to try out the new ADC items like Stattik Shiv and whatnot but I dunno, the usual still works, and I don't get the pros and cons and whatnot.

---

I'm also almost on a daily 3 hours or something, I'm pretty darned hooked. I like it because I play it with friends, I don't think I'd play this much otherwise.

And also 9-2 ranked, I think I'm just gonna Ori to the top.

Cathcart

<3 Kha'zix. Need more bugs for all bug team roit plz. Enough of these stupid humans and yordles.

Also Corgi plz do not make fun of Morgana I totally killed stuff with her this weekend :( So sad that I've played like four games with her and she's already my best mid caster.

I love Morgana. When I first played her I kept winning and thought she was just a safe pick for mid. I eventually learned how to counterpick her. Hard.
IfSJS.jpg

Still pretty much ungankable though. Arguably the safest pick if they have Jungle Ali or doing a dual jungle. Bought her Blackthorn skin. It's probably the 2nd most favorite skin I have, just under Firefang Warwick.

Cathcart

Yeah, I'm sure there are good counters. I mostly play blind pick though because I'm not really worried about winning games, I'm more just trying to get a lot of experience playing the champs I want to play and I'm more likely to get who I want in blind pick. Also, I'm impatient. I've had good games in draft mode but when I hit the play button I just want to play.

I don't play mid often but when I do I usually play Ahri or Syndra (cause balls). I decided to mix it up this weekend and try Morgana because I love the sinful succulence skin and I never get to use it. Ended up playing two of my best games mid ever (11/1/11 and 11/2/5). I also had a quadra kill in one of them and I'm pretty sure that was my first ever quadra against, you know, people.

So anyway, I'm liking Morgana. She's really helping me get more comfortable playing mid, in much the same way that Kha'zix finally got me to understand assassins. Maybe I should try support Morgana occasionally just so I have an excuse to get in some more games with her.

Morgana is the AP mid I play when I don't want to deal with any of my enemy team's shit.

But dat 45% lategame burst whenever Q or E goes off cooldown. :(

You still do vastly more damage overall going AD. And Varus is not like Kennen in if you switch it up you actually dominate your lane more.

i just had the worst lol game in my career, i need to rant somewhere.

first my teammates had a dispute in champ select. 3 wanted to go top and everybody thought they said it first. well after sorting that out i had 0.1 seconds to pick my character and i needed to go jungle without really being good at it.

after the match began the enemy team invaded at blue. i warned them from blitzcrank pulls but they got fb, blitz picking one after the other. well that can happen but i told them to at least help me on red, well nobody came and they ganked me there too. nice.

this was just the beginning as they went 2 top and let the AD carry alone at bot. somehow they all managed to both feed and push their lanes without letting me any chance to gank, they stole jungle minions/buffs too. i was hopeless underfed and my team was like 2-20. wouldn't be that bad if they just surrendered but i got to play 40 minutes till the enemy team finally put us away.

the constant flaming didn't help either. why do i play this game again?

Cathcart

Elo hell is other people. But the reason you play it is that at its best LoL is the most amazing super fun time awesome PvP you can have in a video game. It's like a glass cannon of fun, though, so easy to ruin it with even one bad person on your team. That's why you need to build more tank items like +4 friends on your team. Then you'll be OP fun.

Morgana is the AP mid I play when I don't want to deal with any of my enemy team's shit.
This is awesome.

But dat 45% lategame burst whenever Q or E goes off cooldown. :(

He's fun. I've been using AP Varus since I started playing early last year. He's a lot better with Hurricane. You need a support champ that can obviously tank, but isn't aggressive at all until you get some as and ap as you don't have killing power right off the bat like an AD carry.

Basically just AA to get 3 stacks, Ult, AA x 3, E, AA x 3, Q. You generally waste the tanks/Melee first since you're slow as fuck and you do way more damage to higher HP targets. Even when they stack MR, you will take off half of a champ with 3k+ hp in a few seconds.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a bad evening realizing I don't know how to play Katarina anymore. I tried 21/9/0, 9/21/0, magic pen (shoes + guise) first, early AP, etc., but would practically never do any damage. I couldn't even kill minions besides the caster minions, pretty much...one game I got like 600 AP towards 40 or 50 minutes but still felt like I wasn't doing much damage to minions or otherwise.

I finally went like 12/0/5 in 25 minutes, but I still don't feel like I do a lot of damage like the Katarina of old or something. :( Am I potentially missing some key item or mastery change? I'm maxing W, using it to farm and/or harass, and I thought sorc shoes + haunting guise was supposed to be a great damage start, but it always feels like if I do that I have 50-70 AP for the first 15 minutes and damage is quite low. I think Katarina got nerfed once or twice but I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something wrong or expecting more damage than I should.

J0dy77

Does anyone know of good youtube or streaming channels that focus on high level team? The Dota2 community has some nice youtube channels in Beyond The Summit and JoinDota. Hoping to find some for LoL.

I find that watching high level teams with announcing really helps you learn the game.

He's fun. I've been using AP Varus since I started playing early last year. He's a lot better with Hurricane. You need a support champ that can obviously tank, but isn't aggressive at all until you get some as and ap as you don't have killing power right off the bat like an AD carry.

Basically just AA to get 3 stacks, Ult, AA x 3, E, AA x 3, Q. You generally waste the tanks/Melee first since you're slow as fuck and you do way more damage to higher HP targets. Even when they stack MR, you will take off half of a champ with 3k+ hp in a few seconds.

I'd be interested in seeing the math on AP vs AD for his full combo.

While I agree Hurricane is great for Varus, borderline OP at times, I just don't see how building him AP reliably does more damage at any stage of the game. It's far, far too reliant on getting your full stack detonations off and you only get 25% AP extra on hit for his W and 2% hp per 100 AP on detonation - nothing spectacular.

Whereas if you go full AD, you get really solid base stats for all of his AP scaling abilities (minus ult, which scales 100% AP) so your stream of auto-attacks hit MUCH harder and the detonation does around the same.

AP Varus also blows in lane. Like you said, you HAVE to get both an AP and AS item to be any real threat. He's also prone to ganks since he has no escape.

Does anyone know of good youtube or streaming channels that focus on high level team? The Dota2 community has some nice youtube channels in Beyond The Summit and JoinDota. Hoping to find some for LoL.

I find that watching high level teams with announcing really helps you learn the game.

Just use the spectate feature and watch the games on the front page. Ranked and Ranked Team games are almost always available and they are high ELO.

Very few NA teams actually stream scrims, they usuall just solo que. The Korean teams scrim more but stream less. Generally, just going to Twitch.tv and looking at the LOL channel will find you some good content.

Q8D3vil

tried elise again, her jungle is actually better than s2, i like how you only need huanting and sorc shoes then just go tanky with aegis and randuin.

EXGN

Shameless plug, but I record a lot of scrims/tournaments/exhibition matches between pro teams and put them on YouTube. They get taken down a lot, but some good stuff usually ends up sticking: http://www.youtube.com/user/LeagueESAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom